Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. (1683 Views)

The Murder Case / Must Read: The Pervy Plumber {naughty Wife Er0tica} / Must Read: The Church Accountant (season 4) 18+… Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:02pm On May 08, 2016
Good day everyone, please I'll like everyone to read and criticize my story. Thank you very much.

This is a work by Mrdojo.
Please Enjoy.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:03pm On May 08, 2016
it was a cold and dusty night in the streets of the ancient city of Benin, a night in which the beauty of the moon could be seen so clearly, a night that filled with the gentle cold air/breeze of the harmattan season, a night like others before it, a night were you could hear the subtly joyful noise of children in the streets mixed with loud horns of cars in traffic, a night bars and clubs were filled to the delight of their owners, a night were churches staged bimonthly "all-night" vigil programmes, a night which brought out the very best and worst of the city, a night which was filled with love for the couples, a night that was ruled by the ladies and men of the Night,it was a normal night, the same routine of a typical Benin Night, nothing special, same Benin city,It was a friday Night.

It was a lonely Night, staring from the third floor balcony of my "typical face me I face you" apartment. As the cold dry dusty breeze blew, my eyes were filled with tears, damn it!! Harmattan was getting the best of me, it my hand I wiped away the tears but I could not stop crying, what is this pain of a sudden? Where did this tears come from? I said to my self man up damn it, I still could not hold back the tears, the harder I tried to fight it the more it gushed out like flowing stream, I can't breathe anymore, I staggered to my knees, I could not take it anymore, my soul,body and mind crashing down together in a teary burst of emotion. All I could say was why? Why? Why? Why did this happen today of all days? Why now? Its was the 23rd of October 2014, a day that forever crushed my soul, a day I've tried so hard to forget, a day I'll remember till the day I die, a day that made me less of a man. The very same day Nancy Spillings was Murdered.

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by cyberprince8(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2016
Am following u bumper 2 bumper,sipping my zobo in d first sit,others come oooooo,anoder story has arrived

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 11:55am On May 09, 2016
The month of june was finally here, I could finally begin my Post graduate studies at the prestigious Monto-rosa University and intern work at Micro-hard which comes with a full scholarship, housing and a pretty decent car, the year was shaping out to be a pretty decent year, Most of my mates could not even dream of getting close to my status, life was really Good going to be good in Benin City, The capital of the Southern Zone. An orphan from birth, never knowing the love of my parents, raised in the slums of Aba, Life finally decided to repay me, for cheating me at birth, things can only get better from here on, the hard life is finally behind me, the days of hard hustling are over, I get to mingle with the top 10 percent of the society now, at 25 I'm living my dream, things couldn't get any better 2 years from now I will be certified with a PhD, I couldn't wait for 2012 to End and 2014 to come any sooner.

"My Dreams and imagination had gotten the best of me. only if I had a time machine, I'll kill to be able to go back in time to that very day, who would have thought the fairy tale would end within two years?, what if I had taken a different path?, why was I so naïve?"

2nd time I'll be in Benin, a Lovely city indeed, an ancient city mixed with both traditional and modern wonders to fascinate any first timer. After a stressful journey, I finally arrived at my housing unit, it was top class apartment to which Micro-Hard spared no expense to Furnish, everything required of a Modern day apartment could be found in the apartment, from a 42" inch HDTV to a king size bed room, a top notch kitchen and an amazing bathroom which comes with an automated shower system, I could not contain my joy, still excited about my new place I heard a knock on the front door, who could this be? I thought to myself, I don't know anyone here and no one here knows me, I heard the knock again for the second time a little bit louder this time, to which I ignored like the first time, then I heard a gentle slightly feminine voice saying anybody home? What a lovely voice it was, hearing such a wonderful voice I did a "Mad dash" towards the main Door in anticipation to see the beauty who had such a lovely voice, my imagination had gone into overdrive with different lewd scenarios of who the stranger could be, I opened the door gentle, waiting and anticipating to see the stranger with the lovely voice, I was nervous all of a sudden, in less than a second my anticipation was met with bitter disappointment, there was no beauty at the door, all I could see was a tall, dark and Muscular Guy laughing his ass off, apparently he just pulled a prank on me, masking his voice to deceive me that it was a female at the door, while he was busy laughing to his accomplishment, an obvious facial expression of anger and disappointment was written all over my face. I thought within me who is this "mumu"? Is this one alright? As i was about to release my pent up anger, noticing my facial expression he quickly stopped laughing and quickly apologized to calm me down, he introduced himself as Tony, the next door neighbour.

"Who would have known the cruel fate lady universe had installed for us."
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Favour222(f): 3:18pm On May 09, 2016
Looks like it's going 2 b interesting.following

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Missmossy(f): 5:48pm On May 09, 2016
More please...

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Whizzdom(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2016
Nice one, but you need to arrange your writings well, its too jam-packed together, let us know when there is paragrah in your story.
A good one, more ink to your pen.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:10pm On May 09, 2016
Whizzdom:
Nice one, but you need to arrange your writings well, its too jam-packed together, let us know when there is paragrah in your story.
A good one, more ink to your pen.

I appreciate the feedback..... I'll try and do that.. Its because of the device I'm using.. Thanks again
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:16pm On May 09, 2016
My name is Tony effemba nice to meet you he said in a high pitched voice, you must be the "Doctor" who is interning at Micro-hard, I became cautious instantly, how did he know I was undergoing a PhD programme? How did he know I'm interning at Micro-Hard? My defenses were up, this stranger knows too much about me, what next? Will he call me by my name? Before I could say anything he tapped me on my shoulder and said not to worry, I should relax, that he was not some strange stalker, I asked how did he know I was worried, he laughed and said I'm too easy to read, I was tempted to ask how such a Muscular guy had a high pitched voice, it just doesn't make any sense, before I could say ask, he replied you are shocked about my voice right? How did he know what I wanted to say? Is this guy using vodoo or something? "Mehn is this the Benin jazz I've heard so much about" I thought within me, how did you know what I wanted to say for the second time, I asked? With a sheepish grin on his face he said not to worry in due time all will be made known, he said the reason for his high pitch voice was because he was playing around with Helium, he said he wanted to sound like Buggs Bunny, I could not comprehend what I just heard, this is a guy whose physical form would intimidate any sane human being, the same person wanting to sound like Buggs Bunny, at that moment I knew this guy was a certified "nut-case", I did not even know when I started laughing, Tony was also laughing in his high pitched voice, it was just too funny I could not take it, I laughed so hard tears flowed down my eyes, I became a little bit scared because I could not stop laughing, I thought within "me wey neva chop, this guy wan burst my belle with laugh".

After two more minutes of vigorous laughter, I was able to control myself, at this point Tony invited me to have dinner with him at his apartment, I quickly declined, if anything the streets of Aba taught me was nothing is ever free in this life.

I'm sorry, I said, I still have a lot of unpacking and arranging to do, maybe some other time, he smiled and agreed, turned and was moving back to his apartment, then suddenly he looked back and said he didn't get my name, Oh! That's right my name is, just before I could say my name he said don't tell I prefer to call you the "Doctor", I smiled sheepishly, even a two year baby would notice how big my head was at that moment, I waved him goodbye and got back to unpacking.

After I had finally eaten my first meal of the day I felt alive, I was "pregnant with food", I said within me God punish poverty. I retired too my bed, expectant of the day ahead.

"Only if I knew that the next day would mark the beginning of the End of my Good life, Curse you lady universe".
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Missmossy(f): 1:04pm On May 10, 2016
You need to work on your spacing, learn to use paragraphs too. Nice piece.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Whizzdom(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2016
MrDojo:

I appreciate the feedback..... I'll try and do that.. Its because of the device I'm using.. Thanks again

No problem bro.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
Waking up the next day felt like a serious chore, finally the academic stress begins, although I was not due to start my registration till the next week, I decided to familarize myself with the Monte-rosa university environment. At midday off I was to MRU, upon leaving my apartment, I heard a loud noise from Tony's apartment, he was watching Tv, I could hear the programme he was watching, it was a supposingly a telemundo programme, I thought within that "wow this guy is lazy gon O, shey Guy dey watch telemundo", I shook my head and set off to MRU.

After wasting over two hours at traffic, I finally got to MRU, the university really lived up to the hype as being the Best University in Africa. A school filled with a diverse population of both foreign and indigenous students, a true master piece of the Nigerian Education System. You could see world class structures on display, no wonder it is regard as the best in africa and the fifth best in the world, the presence of internation students really made the MRU enviroment one of a kind. After more than three hours to personal touring I decided to check out my department and my supervisor, on getting to the department, I searched for Proff. Tunde Akande, one of the best lectures at MRU , who was also my supervisor, I became nervous while searching for him, because this a world renowed professor, I did not want to "fall my hand" ( let myself down). I got into the elevator of the faculty building, his office was on the 16th floor in a building of 28 floors. When I got to the 16th floor I became extremely nervous and I thought of different scenarios, what if this man is wicked? What is he does not like short people? What if he is a sadist? I kept on thinking about both valid and purely insane things.

Here I was a few steps away from prof. Tunde's door, I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves, I thought within me, " I'm too old to be behaving like a teenage girl going to meet her crush for the first time ", I giggled a bit at my analogy, with bold Confidence and zero doubt in my mind, I opened the door to his office, I could not believe what I saw, in less than a second I heard a loud "roar" of Can't you knock, I was speechless, still stunned by what I'd just witnessed, next thing I heard was young man can't you talk? Are you impared in speech and hearing ( deaf and dumb)? Mr. Man answer me!!! I quickly adjusted myself to reply him, but I was stammering as I was introducing myself owing to the state of shock I was expirencing.

What did I see? There was no way I could I've thought someone of prof.Tunde's status would engage in what I just witnessed.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 8:13pm On May 12, 2016
Missmossy:
You need to work on your spacing, learn to use paragraphs too. Nice piece.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.... The spacing is because of the device I'm currently using, but I'll try and improve on it...
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Favour222(f): 10:49pm On May 12, 2016
hmmmmm....following
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by joanee20(f): 12:47pm On May 13, 2016
Am here now...so am gonna follow
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2016
When prof. Tunde noticed the stammer in my voice, I heard a reply saying; Young man, get a hold of your self, what's freaking you out? I could not believe how well composed prof. Tunde was acting, as if I did not see him and two fair skinned ladies experimenting with a white powder, was this man not sniffing cocaine from the bossoms of these ladies? How come none of these girls shouted when I walked in? Are they that "high" already? How can someone be so composed after been caught in such a compromising act? Different questions went through my mind, I started regretting why I barged into this man's office, why did I choose today of all days to go for my personal touring? I regained my composure and reintroduced myself to prof. Tunde, aslo telling him I was his PhD student, I could not stop staring at the unclad nadies in front of me, who did not seem to care of my presence in the office, I kept hearing "eyes up my friend", it was as if I had walked into a very low budget Indecency production. After several minutes of answering different questions he finally dismissed me from his office and told me not to mention to any soul what transpired between us, a subtly threat, which I had no intention of calling his bluff.

On my way out of his office I noticed one of the yound ladies kept staring at me, I thought she was just waiting for me to leave, to get back to her "experiments", just as I was about to close the door, she winked and blew a kiss my way, thank God prof. Did not see it, I in my mind I said " lialia its not me you will koba ( slang for implicate)".

" At that moment, I didn't know what fate had installed for me at that time, I never knew I would meet that lady again".

Time to go home, I've had enough adventure (good and bad) for one day. After another two hours wasted in the Benin traffic, I finally got home, the events of the day kept on playing in my head, its not everyday you see you the beautiful MRU or you get to meet a world renowed prof. Who sniffs cocaine from the bossoms of two beautiful ladies. Walking down the hallway I could hear a loud noise coming Tony's apartment, from his Tv.

Wow! So this guy has been watching Tv since I left the house on a Monday for that matter, maybe this guy no get work Oo, I got closer to tony's door to quickly "yab" him and maybe get some free food at the process, I got to the front door and knocked gentle, but there was no response, I knocked again for the second time, no response, third time, fourth time, fiffth time and sixth time, still no response, I was scared a lil bit, hoping nothing had happened to Tony, I knocked again for the seventh time, this time I practically banging on the door, then I heard a soft spoken female voice, asking who was at the door, I was wondering how tony expects me to fall for the same trick again, then I shouted "mango head" open the door jare, its your grand-father, you think I'll fall for you nonsense again, its me the " Doctor" from next door. I heard the front door opening, I kept on throwing jabs, saying CEO of telemundo, your mates are working, you are watching "salvadore and sons vs Carolina and daughters", I was already laughing at my own jokes, only for me to see an actual lady standing in front of me, who did not find my jokes funny at all.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Missmossy(f): 1:28pm On May 15, 2016
Keep it coming!! Kudos.

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
The young lady stared straight at me with a stone cold gaze, I knew she was surprised how somehow could fool around so much, I knew that I'd bleeped big time, why was my day going like this? Did I offend anybody? Before I could even explain myself, the lady looked at me from my head to my feets, hissed and banged the Door on my face. I could not believe what just happened, with my mouth wide open I was stunned to my very core, anger quickly set in, I banged on the door again this time around but the ghetto boy in me had taken over I found myself shouting "Your mama, na me dey size, con dey hiss at, person must cry today, Tony wey you, you this lekpa fowl open this door!!!!!". I was filled with anger, how can this girl disrespect me like that, after banging on the door for several minutes with no response, I became really bitter, I was looking for a means to "jack" open the door, before I could locate and obeject to "jack" the door, I felt my stomach making some strange noise, at that point I had reached my "Hunger breaking point", I was filled with bitterness, I left there stormed into my apartment, looking for the quickest meal I could make, I was not done with that lady, I sighted two ripe plantain, I took my knife to cut the plantian, slicing "them" as if I was killing a goat that just ate my WAEC certificate, as I kept slicing the plantain, the incident continued to replay in my mind I became angrier, with anger I kept on cutting the plantain, suddenly I felt a sharp pain, I shouted "Ooo this useless knife don cut me" with anger I threw the knife at the kitchen cabinet, it ricochet on the handle of a pot tumbling it down straight of my head, I wished the knife was alive so that I could kill it with my bare heads, no one told me to calm down after all the anger related incident was inversely hurting me, I calmed myself down and fried the plantain, ate it along with a cold bottle of 99 my best brand of beer.

In a more relaxed state of mind, I remembered every single thing that happened to me during day, from the annoying benin traffic situation, to my encounter with Prof. Tunede to the incident with the "YeYe" girl in Tony's apartment, if it was someone that told me, this was what happened to him, I would have been in tears of laughter mid-way, it wasn't so funny at the receiving end. I decided to forgo my plan of going back to attack the girl next door, the food combination and the stress of the day was finally taking it effects on my body. I retired for the night.

I spent the next three days with minimum stress watching Tv, eating and generally just relaxing. The urge to go and confront the girl in Tony's apartment was strong, but I resisted and I was surprised Tony han not shown up to see me either. I decided I was going to vist Micro-hard the next day, before resuming my internship fully on Monday, at least I was sure I was not going to meet any cocaine-bossoms sniffing personnel there.

The D-day finally came, I wore one of my best starched corporate shirts, with a matching tie and an original Lazinoo leather italian shoe, I was dressed to kill, my original Z.I.C.O perfume filled the air, I wanted murder someone with my dressing, maybe they will even make me CEO, I laughed at my self and off I went, destination? Micro-Hard.

Micro-hard, the world's leading producers of smartphones, present in over 100 countries in the world,with over 35 subsideries, with products ranging from the sugarberry devices to Lemon devices, the world's leading smartphone and Tab. I could not believe I got an internship with them, I also get to work in the African Headquaters, I was filled with excitement, I could not wait to get there.

I'd finally reached Micro-Hard HQ, wow! What an amazing building with over 120 floors, even the beautiful MRU fails in comaparison to this magnificent structure, I was filled with pride, that I get to work in such a world class facility, I approached a receptionist at the ground floor, she was a beauty, from her name tag, I realised she was an Edo "Babe" I was speechless for some seconds, then I introduced myself to her and my purpose for going into the building, with a warm smile that could melt the coldest of hearts, she told me to please have a seat as she confirms from my Department if my request is known to them, I immediately declined her offer to have my seat, she was stunned for a bit, insisting I wanted to marvel at a beautiful creation of God, I did not know when I had changed my accent, my flirt-mode was definitely on, she giggled a bit and replied me, it wouldn't be fair to let another wondeful creation stand when there are comfy seats around , my head "exploded", I was thinking within me "Na Flood light of Green light be dis na", I smiled shepishly, taking my seat, waiting patiently for her to get the confirmation, I occasionally glanced at her direction and my imagination will run wild for a bit, each time bringing myself back to reality, two minutes had gone and she was finally given the go ahead to let me through, she gave me a vistors tag and told me to head for the 83rd Floor, that is the floor I'll find my department.

After getting all the needed information from her, I tried to press on for her number, and she responded again with that killer smile of her's," it would not be professional to give you my number at this moment sir, after work hours is a different thing entirely". In my mind I was too happy, this babe is filling the boy, mehn, the first casualty of my dress to kill as been identified and her name was Osato.

"Unknown to me the day was just getting started"
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by Missmossy(f): 4:39pm On May 17, 2016
Ride on,watch your tenses and your paragraphs.

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2016
After my failed attempt to convice Osato to give me her number, I went straight to the elevator, Software Designing Department (SSD) here I come, it took quite a while to get to the 83rd floor, but after three minutes, I'd finally arrived at the SDD, it was everything I had hoped it would be, from the stylish office designs, to the quiet and friendly environment, I knew I would fit in really well. I moved towards the SDD receptionist desk, introduced myself to him and showed him my internship offer letter, he welcomed me warmly, told be to have my seat, that a tour guide will soon be with me to give me a tour of the floor, as I took my seat, I was really anxious , nervous and excited all at the same time, I was proud that I had made it this far in life at such a young age.

Twenty minutes had gone, finally the tour guide came, he apologized for the slight delay, he said they were not expecting me, I smiled and told him I was curious to know how my office would be like, he laughed and I laughed also and so the tour of SDD started.

After two hours of touring the SSD, we finally reached the one place I wanted to see badly, finally we had arrived at my office, although the office I was locked I could not contain my excitement, Tobi the tour guide could see I was obviously happy, after staring at a locked for ten minutes, Tobi said he would take me to the F-hub of the Department, I was confused, what does F-hub mean? I asked Tobi, he said when we get there, I would understand, we walked towards the tail end of SDD, then we went down some flight of stairs, we finally arrived at the F-hub ,what I saw I could not use words to describe it, immediately I knew what the F-hub meant, Food-hub, Tobi took me to the official cafeteria of the SDD and this was not just any cafeteria, it was a world class Cafeteria, it would not be wrong to call this a 5-star resturant, it oozed elegance and class, and the aroma that filled the air, could make anyone hungry instantly, indeed this was a true F-hub, I quicky turned towards Tobi and asked him, if I could get anything here, he smiled and told me that he would get something for me in a takeway pack, that only staff members are allowed to take Food from the hub.

He went in and came back with about four nylon bags, I was stunned I thanked him a lot, he told me not worry about it, he also said a friend of mine got me the remaining three packs, I was surprised, I asked him if he was joking because I did not know anyone at Micro-Hard, he smiled and said I would soon meet the person very soon.

We left the F-hub and walked back towards the reception discussing various topics from office related talk to sports and politics. Tobi really made the tour of the SSD really interesting, we finally got back to the reception area, he asked if I enjoyed the tour, I quicky replied it was really fascinating I could not wait to resume officially, he laughed and bid me farewell and so did I, I made my way back to the elevator, time to fufil my second agenda of the day, Osato you will not escape me today.

As I made my way to the elevator I kept on hearing from afar "The Doctor, The Doctor,The Doctor" I thought my ears were playing tricks on me, only for me to turn around and Lo and behold Tony was waving me from afar, why is Tony at Micro-Hard? What business does he have at Micro-Hard?
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2016
Why is Tony here? Is this guy following me or what? Different thoughts went through my mind as I moved closer to meet up with him, I realised tony was speaking and laughing with three other guys, I could not hear what they were talking about, but as I drew closer to where they were so did volume of their laughter increase, I was curious to know what was so funny that made all four of them laugh so hard, I thought it might probably be Tony making a fool of him self or something, I could not wait to hear the joke, I noticed one of the three guys discretely pointed towards my direction asking Tony as question, Tony noded his head and there was another bout of laughter, at this point I became curious, are these guys laughing at me? I discretely turned around abit to look if any other person was behind me and I noticed there were about three other people, my mind became slightly at ease, they don't know me, so they can't be making fun of me right? I was a few meters away from where they were standing, all of a sudden Tony started "hailing" me, "The Doctor, The Doctor, The Doctor, The one and only Doctor" his three other friends started clapping and making some strange gesture, immediately I knew I'd entered "A One Chance Whyning Zone" with these guys.

I did not know when I'd started smiling from all the "whyning", I raised up both of my hands and greeted them saying " The Doctor dey loyal Ooo", they all started laughing, Tony introduced his friends to me, their names; Ejike, Adams and Rotimi, looking at the three of them you will now these one's have not gone through stress in life at all, shaking their hands felt like I was tocuhing the "bum" of a new born baby, these guys were the real definition of "Aje-butter(est)".

After exchaging pleasantries, I asked Tony why he was at Micro-Hard, simuteanously all four of them were surprised that I asked that question, they laughed it off and thought I was joking, not till Rotimi said, guys I don't think The Doctor is joking O, Ejike said he can't be serious na, they both live in the same Micro-Hard estate, which only houses Micro-hard staff, the guy is just playing with us, immediately I heard what Ejike said I felt like a "compound mumu" I had totally forgotten that the estate we live in was owned by Micro-Hard, thank God these guys "think say na play I dey play" (thought I was joking).

Tony then asked me if I got his small welcome gift, I was wondering which gift did Tony give me to, my facial expression showed I was totally clueless as to what he was saying, next thing I heard was, see the gift for your hand na, was it not you and Tobi that came to the F-hub together, Oooh! So you are the mysterious friend, thank you very much my guy, Tony-baba I hail you, tony and his friends started laughing out of the blue, I was wondering why they were laughing? Adams then told me I don't know the means Tony used to get the Food, that if, before he could finish his statement, Tony and co, quickly silenced him as they were trying to control their laughter, in my mind I was like, it does not concern me Ooo, I must eat this food today, Food wey they smell like heaven.

Out of the blue Rotimi said The doctor, I heard you are Tony's grand-dad now is this true, immediately he said this all four of them burst into laughter, I was wondering what was going on? Which kind of dry joke is this one saying? While still laughing, tony then asked me if the "Lekpa Fowl" truly cried three days ago? Again they all started laughing, I was still dumb struck as to why they were laughing, but because they were laughing so hard I did not know when I had started laughing, Adams then said while still battling to hold back the laughter , Tony when will they show Salvadore and sons vs Carolina and daughters again, at this point their laughter had gotten to the stage they were all on their knees with tears rushing out of their eyes, immediately I heard the salvadore and sons comment, I stopped laughing immediately,I felt so embarrassed, I finally knew what they were talking about, so these guys knew what happened that day with the girl in Tony's apartment, I was regretting why I fooled myself like that on the day of the incident.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 10:48pm On May 19, 2016
Good day everyone, hope we are all enjoying the story so far...

Please I'll like all my wonderful readers to please rate the story so far...

If you like the story like this post.

If you think I should thrash it please share this post.

Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2016
In hindsight I knew I really messed up that day and now these guys are having the time of their lives making fun of me, to my suprise they told me the girl gisted them everything that happened, that she thought I was going to beat her or even worse.

God knows if I was able to get to her that day she would have know "khaki no be leather". The jokes went on for another couple of minutes, tears of joy were rushing out of Tony's eyes as if someone turned on a sprikler system, Tony looked at me and notice I was laughing a little bit with the others and said, the Doctor "you dey laff too, watin happen dat day na?Which kin para u dey para dat day, you be confirm pako Oo", I looked at him still laughing, telling him if he knew what I had been through that day, "him sef go para", the laughter went on for another couple of minutes, then we all calmed down.

Tony asked if I was heading home, since I was through with the tour, that if I was heading home I should wait a little bit for him, since it was almost closing time that we could go home together, I told him, I was in a hurry that there was babe in the reception I had to see before leaving Micro-Hard, immediately I said that, all the guys started their strange "Hailing" again, Adams was already jumping raising both hands for me, Ejike was mimicking a saluting officer, Tony and Rotimi were clapping as if I just told them I had cured cancer, I was already thinking who asked me to tell this guys my plan, after the first round of heavy "Yabbing", me and my olofofo mouth. Adams was like Tony "u don dey teach the doctor work abi? Which number you they again?", I was wondering what adams meant by that statement.

After all the "Hailing" Tony then quickly asked who the babe was, immediately he said that, the entire place was quiet with everyone staring at me as if I was about to declare the winner of a typical Nigerian election, with a gentle smile I was like its Osato, that receptionist babe at the ground floor, immediately I finished stating her name, Adams quickly said the doctor, forget that girl, Rotimi backed him up saying there are greater powers involved with the babe, Tony said the doctor "that babe na bad market no near am at all O" ,with Ejike nodding his head to Tony's statement.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction at all, I was expecting them to continue the "Hailing & whyning" parade, Immediately, I asked Tony why they all adviced and insisted I shouldn't approach Osato, Tony replied my question, saying there was nothing wrong with the "Babe" per se, the only problem was that anybody who "dates" her, wass in for one hell of a ride, before Tony finished his statement, Ejike stated that, Osato comes from a very powerful and influencial seven generation Military family with the least ranking member a General and she was the only girl of the family, that the last three guys who were in a relationship with her faced hell from her brothers and Uncles, Adams cut in mid way saying one of the three guy's was in his department, he had to seek a transfer to the Togo HQ of Micro-Hard, Rotimi also cut in into the conversation, he said the two other guys were also transferred to other locations within Nigeria, I did not want to believe what they were saying, although a part of me total believed because the girl looked extremely beauty and classy, like a model cut of pages of a trendy fashion Magazine, I asked Ejike if Osato's family was that influential and powerful to make three guys transfer out of Micro-Hard, why was she working as a receptionist at Micro-hard? The response I got totally shocked me, Ejike laughed a bit said, she was not a receptionist per se, she was the head of the Micro-Hard All Round Initiative (MHARI) Department at Micro-Hard, the MHARI staff are capable of performing 80% of the jobs at Micro-Hard, including specialist and non-specialist jobs and they are randomly assigned their duties, Adams cut in saying they are the Core Department of the Micro-Hard HQ, Rotimi said in terms of hierarchy, she was among the top 10 staff at Micro-Hard. A cold shiver went down my spine as I heard what they were saying, suddenly I lost all my intially "Gra-Gra" (confidence). I did not know there was an Intiative like the MHARI at Micro-Hard, I thought within me, she was probably laughing her ass off when I was playing mr smooth with her earlier, who would have thought someone so important at Micro-Hard was attending to vistors as a receptionist?

I wished I had not told them about my plans, maybe I would have retained my confidence, because I lost all confidence in myself to "woo" Osato, I bacame fearful also knowing that I've to contend with a very powerful military family who could ruin my career at the slightest misunderstandning with their daughter, my self esteem was very low at this point,like a deflated balloon which was quite unusal for me, but anybody would be down and cautious after hearing such a information.

I decided to wait for Tony and give up on chasing Osato, since it was almost closing time for him, it was pretty obvious that I was disappionted with the Osato news, I was pouting like a puppy who just lost its favourite bone, in a bid to cheer me up Rotimi asked if I had anything planned later on, that if not we could all meet up at the Q-zone, Tony laughed and asked Rotimi if he was using "jazz/charms", How did he know what he wanted to say? I did not know where or what this Q-zone was, I asked Rotimi what a Q-zone was, was it another Micro-Hard facility, Ejike with a sheepish grin on his face said not to worry that its a place where dreams come true, with Adams and Tony laughing at his statment.
Re: Must Read: The Murder Of Nancy Spillings. by MrDojo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
I was not in the mood to be teased again by these guys, why couldn't they tell me what the Q-zone was all about? After crushing my hopes with Osato, who knows what they wanted to do now? I was too tired to press them further, the stress of the tour and hunger and finally caught up with me, I told Tony that I would be waiting for him at the reception,when he was ready to leave, he should let me know, he told me he won't be long, that he had just a few things to do, which shouldn't take him more than 30 minutes, the moment I heard 30 minutes I was so angry and fustrated within me but I was too weak to say anything, I stood there and affirmed with a nod as I mumbled don't worry Tony take your time, at this point Rotimi and co. had left us in the hallway as they made their way to their respective stations.

Upon getting to the reception all I could think of was what would have happened if I had made a play on Osato, did I really dodge a bullet there? Or were these guys just exaggerating the whole ordeal? I kept on thinking of the different what ifs that could have happened, before I knew it, a tall dark figure was standing over me, this snapped me back into reality, I look up and noticed Tony has been staring at me for a couple of seconds without me being aware, he smiled and said I looked like a someone fighting the highness of weed, immediately he said that, my mind flashed back to Prof. Tunde and immediately I started laughing hard, Tony was surprised at the way I was laughing because he knew what he said was not really funny, so he was confused to what caused this mad laughter, I told him, that would be a story for another day that if he knew what I was thinking, he would probably be on his knees now from laughter.

As We entered the elevator, heading to the ground floor, I still had a faint hope within me that I should still try my luck on Osato, let me experience it for myself, as we got to the ground-floor, I tactfully searched to see if Osato would still be around, I did not want Tony to realise what I was doing so I engaged him in different off topic discussions that, made him wonder if all was well with me, after searching everywhere I was confident Osato had left for the day, I was a little bit sad but I quickly brushed it off my mind and continued my discussion with Tony. As we approached his car, Tony asked if I would prefer to go home and a change of clothes before heading to the Q-zone or we should head there immediately, I thought for a few seconds and told him not to bother about driving all the back home, that we should head to the Q-zone directly because my hype and curiosity was at its peak but he will have to drive slowly because "hunger was doing me strong thing", he laughed and said not to worry, we got into his car and set course for the Q-zone, not less than five minutes after leaving the Micro-Hard HQ I had already devoured two packs of the five packs Tony got for me, he stared at me in awe, because he had never seen anyone eat so fast before, he asked me if I was a pro-eater or a tournament foodie, I laughed and told him, that hunger can make the impossible possible, we both laughed.

Out of the blue Tony asked me which state did I hail from, that he was not sure of my tribe either, I looked towards him and smiled, I told him to take a wild guess maybe he would get it right, he paused for a few seconds to think, then he said the way I talk I sound like someone from the East but I've the looks of someone from the North, and I act like someone from the west and south, he said I was probably from parents of two different tribes (namely Yoruba and hausa) I looked at him and said " which kind yeye prediction be this one na", I was laughing hard, he asked me if he got it right, I told him that the reason I talk like someone from the east was because I was raised in the east, I then told him, I was an orphan, I did not meet my parents because i was abandoned at birth, so I was not sure about my tribe, he looked at me stunned, he thought maybe I was messing with him, only until he realised the seriousness in my eyes before he knew I was telling the truth, he quickly apologised for asking th question, I told him not to worry about it , he should not feel bad it was just a normal question, I was still laughing from his previous answer, then suddenly he got a call on one of his phones, he picked up the phone looked at the caller ID and realised it was Adams calling, he picked up and said "Mamba we are on our way, just prepare the usual, we'll be there within the next 15minutes".

Prisoner of the Vatican:The Pope's secret to capture Rome from the new Italian / Launching Book Tips And Cost / 15 Powerful Quotes From The World’s Most Humble President. #3 Is Eye-opening!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150