Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 (5517 Views)

Why Buhari Should Recontest In 2019- By Paul Onomuakpokpo / Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka / I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by abulbanaat(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2016
Former president Goodluck Jonathan has declared his interest to run for presidency in 2019 in Bayelsa State today. A jubilant crowd erupted as news leaked that the former president would be holding a press briefing this afternoon. In a statement released by his media secretary, the former president said, he has been inundated with calls from famous Nigerians to reconsider and salvage the economy from the current decay under the APC led government.
The statement reads in part: “A while ago I stood at the stood Eagle Square, to offer myself for election as the President of our beloved country on the platform of our great party; the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). I decided to run for office because of the many troubles our dear country faced. In a hotly contested election, we ‘lost’ the election to the opposition. We would have rejected the election results but decided my personal ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
“I made it clear then that when I leave office, Nigerians will understand the freedom they enjoyed under my administration. Are my I saint? Certainly not. Were my Ministers saints? Certainly not. But the opposition have unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians. I read from the news how power generation dropped to zero for a few hours. I read how the minister of State petroleum told Nigerians that he is not a magician to fix Nigerian oil problems. As we speak, subsidy regime has returned. As we speak the current government have reverted pump price to where we left it.
“Over the years, the Almighty God has made it possible for me to develop a bond with you and I am grateful for your support and understanding in the difficult periods we have journeyed through. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as I stand here this day being April 1, I declare to you that our stewardship has not been without challenges. We dealt with waves of insurgencies, vandalization of our nation’s pipelines and armed banditry. Let me crave the indulgence of all present here to stand up to observe a minutes silence in honor of fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers who lost their lives in Agatu. The situation in Agatu and elsewhere has cast a dark cloud on our Nation but we will surely win. A number of young men and women have been kidnapped by these criminal elements including our daughters from Enugu and Kanu States.
“During my tenure, we established a Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative. These programs built Almajiri schools and opened brand new universities across all regions in this country. I read how the APC led government dissolved the governing board of universities and sacked the vice chancellors. We did what we did to better the lots of less privileged among us. Today, those dreams are but a mirage.
“I am grateful to all Nigerians for standing with me and my ministers despite the persecution we have so far face by the current administration. Let me also thank the leaders and elders of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party, for the opportunity reposed on all PDP governors and House of Assembly members. I am overwhelmed by the trust, confidence and support of the various organs of our party, the Board of Trustees, the National Caucus, the National Executive Committee, the National Working Committee, the PDP Governors Forum, members of the PDP Caucuses of the National Assembly, and others. This trust showed itself in the just concluded Rivers state re-run elections. This day affords me the opportunity to continue the conversation of development we started together. We must develop our country.
vanguardnigeria.org/gej-expresses-interest-2019/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by doublewisdom: 10:22pm On May 08, 2016
Sauce?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by amjou: 10:22pm On May 08, 2016
What
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by dollyjoy(f): 10:23pm On May 08, 2016
Your time has come and pass,goan sleep. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 08, 2016

17 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by faaz24: 10:24pm On May 08, 2016
Some April fool story ?...we are in the month of May o

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by LRNZH(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2016
I support GEJ. Yes! Finally a credible alternative to PMB. grin cheesy
The best PDP can offer.

28 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Justycxx(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2016
expecting a bloody fight between the so called wailers and zombies. Round 1, fight!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by cassidy1996(m): 10:36pm On May 08, 2016
Coming back to do what?

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Trapping(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2016
I support Jonathan, but I honestly will not want him to recontest or even pretend to want to recontest. We biafrans have made clear our ambition, and I know that a lot of our people will abandon our struggle with the hope of GEJ re-contesting, so I want him to rest.

And I hope this measage is not directed towards dousing the tensions in the NDelta, because I feel this is a political message.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by ridwanayo(m): 10:44pm On May 08, 2016
I hope he is dignified b4 2019,but I don't support the idea of him coming back,he is to humble for nigeria politician,he should enjoy his retirement though.
God bless u gej wherever you are,but pdp needs someone younger nd vibrant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by subterfuge: 10:48pm On May 08, 2016
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH..
OLOODO TO COME BACK AGAIN?
HE CAN TEAM UP WITH HIS COHORTS LIKE AKPABIO AND BOMB THE OIL INSTALLATIONS.
CORRUPTION FIGHTS BACK.
PDP MONEY HE STOLE IS ENOUGH FOR HIM TO STAY OFF THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL SCENE

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by shiki(m): 11:04pm On May 08, 2016
This man shouldn't come back to disgrace himself

Already Nigerians respected him as a HERO.

Stay with ur family, ....enjoy ur money

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Taribizy(m): 11:23pm On May 08, 2016
.I know that it will be difficult for GEJ to see the state of the nation crumbling before his eyes. He is a former leader with massive support (he has mine) , but I'll implore him to resist this temptation of ruling again. He has done his best n gone to rest, let others rule n posterity judge

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by fistonati(m): 11:44pm On May 08, 2016
No sane person will want his or her legacies broken. That's my man
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by citizenY(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2016
op,

You have a very fertile imagination.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by gud4dbest(m): 12:28am On May 09, 2016
[quote authordollyjoy post=45442081] Your time has come and pass,goan sleep. undecided[/quote]hmn-hmn,dont say dat yet besides he only said he would recontest in 2019 not that he would win!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Presbulg(m): 12:47am On May 09, 2016
Come back to do what?
GEJ might be man with good heart but he sure isn't a good leader.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:49am On May 09, 2016
And I would support you again and again and again.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by M4gunners: 12:57am On May 09, 2016
No i don't believe this. GRJ is bigger than this. I guess this is one of APC Propaganda.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by M4gunners: 12:59am On May 09, 2016
GEJ is bigger than this. This is not from him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by BushidoBlue(m): 1:04am On May 09, 2016
They will drop one lie and their gullibles will w**k all over it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by tpiah01: 1:24am On May 09, 2016
there are certain topics and threads which seem to be posted/recycled after I make an appearance.

Been noticing this for a while.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by americanigga(m): 1:28am On May 09, 2016
I don't like GEJ. But if Biafra, Ipob the whole of SE support him as their sole candidate then I will consider him

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:11am On May 09, 2016
abulbanaat:
Former president Goodluck Jonathan has declared his interest to run for presidency in 2019 in Bayelsa State today. A jubilant crowd erupted as news leaked that the former president would be holding a press briefing this afternoon. In a statement released by his media secretary, the former president said, he has been inundated with calls from famous Nigerians to reconsider and salvage the economy from the current decay under the APC led government.
The statement reads in part: “A while ago I stood at the stood Eagle Square, to offer myself for election as the President of our beloved country on the platform of our great party; the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). I decided to run for office because of the many troubles our dear country faced. In a hotly contested election, we ‘lost’ the election to the opposition. We would have rejected the election results but decided my personal ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
“I made it clear then that when I leave office, Nigerians will understand the freedom they enjoyed under my administration. Are my I saint? Certainly not. Were my Ministers saints? Certainly not. But the opposition have unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians. I read from the news how power generation dropped to zero for a few hours. I read how the minister of State petroleum told Nigerians that he is not a magician to fix Nigerian oil problems. As we speak, subsidy regime has returned. As we speak the current government have reverted pump price to where we left it.
“Over the years, the Almighty God has made it possible for me to develop a bond with you and I am grateful for your support and understanding in the difficult periods we have journeyed through. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as I stand here this day being April 1, I declare to you that our stewardship has not been without challenges. We dealt with waves of insurgencies, vandalization of our nation’s pipelines and armed banditry. Let me crave the indulgence of all present here to stand up to observe a minutes silence in honor of fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers who lost their lives in Agatu. The situation in Agatu and elsewhere has cast a dark cloud on our Nation but we will surely win. A number of young men and women have been kidnapped by these criminal elements including our daughters from Enugu and Kanu States.
“During my tenure, we established a Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative. These programs built Almajiri schools and opened brand new universities across all regions in this country. I read how the APC led government dissolved the governing board of universities and sacked the vice chancellors. We did what we did to better the lots of less privileged among us. Today, those dreams are but a mirage.
“I am grateful to all Nigerians for standing with me and my ministers despite the persecution we have so far face by the current administration. Let me also thank the leaders and elders of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party, for the opportunity reposed on all PDP governors and House of Assembly members. I am overwhelmed by the trust, confidence and support of the various organs of our party, the Board of Trustees, the National Caucus, the National Executive Committee, the National Working Committee, the PDP Governors Forum, members of the PDP Caucuses of the National Assembly, and others. This trust showed itself in the just concluded Rivers state re-run elections. This day affords me the opportunity to continue the conversation of development we started together. We must develop our country.
vanguardnigeria.org/gej-expresses-interest-2019/
fingers crossed.....

hands up in the air....

lol, wanna dance yahooze
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by rebranded(m): 2:16am On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:
I hope he is dignified b4 2019,but I don't support the idea of him coming back,he is to humble for nigeria politician,he should enjoy his retirement though.
God bless u gej wherever you are,but pdp needs someone younger nd vibrant

Like Ribadu?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Gayigaskia(m): 2:17am On May 09, 2016
Even wailers are mute on this one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by orisa37: 3:00am On May 09, 2016
He is entitled.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by coolscott(m): 3:17am On May 09, 2016
[size=13pt]Please take a look at the source properly. I looked and visited the site and realised that it is vanguardnigeria.org.
Meanwhile, the real vanguard site is vanguardnigeria.com
You can check it out for yourselves[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by Pidggin(f): 3:36am On May 09, 2016
No source?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by totorimi: 5:43am On May 09, 2016
GEJ is more than that he has left that office for good. Those tryilng so hard to put words in his mouth cannot succeed.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 by YoursGEJ(m): 5:53am On May 09, 2016

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari To Announce His Resignation In National Broadcast On Monday / Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country / Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.