Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Creating A Mobile App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A Mobile App (2966 Views)

Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App / How Much Will It Cost Me To Design a mobile APP In Nigeria / Creating A Proxy Server With Java. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A Mobile App by ProGSM(m): 1:57am On May 09, 2016
Hi guys, I will love to know what I need to lean to enable me create mobile app for phones.

Thank you.
Re: Creating A Mobile App by tripplephi: 2:22am On May 09, 2016
You need to download a development environment for Android. It's free on Google. And then get videos to start. That's how I started long ago. It's fun..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Mobile App by Fulaman198(m): 6:01am On May 09, 2016
ProGSM:
Hi guys, I will love to know what I need to lean to enable me create mobile app for phones.

Thank you.

It depends on what kind of mobile development you would like to get involved in.

If iOS (iPhone and iPad) you would need a Mac, and the IDE you will use is called Xcode. For Android development, any Windows, Mac or Linux machine will be fine. You will need Android studio.

In regards to languages needed to develop these mobile apps, Android apps are typically written in Java and iOS apps are usually written in Swift. If you have a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, you should do fine.
Re: Creating A Mobile App by Olumyco(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2016
If u r already into Web development u can proceed via JavaScript.

These r what you need:

Android SDK

Adobe CS 5.5 (it has inbuilt phonegap)

Framework - F7 or ionic

The above is just one way to do it. There are many other ways like Titanium, Intel XDK etc
These can help develop 4 any platform. Though for ios apps u will need mac so as to b able to send it to Apples store or install it on any apple's platform.

1 Like

Re: Creating A Mobile App by ProGSM(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2016
tripplephi:
You need to download a development environment for Android. It's free on Google. And then get videos to start. That's how I started long ago. It's fun..

Ok, what is this called? I want to start with Android and the app is for online radio station!
Re: Creating A Mobile App by tripplephi: 11:01pm On May 09, 2016
ProGSM:

Ok, what is this called? I want to start with Android and the app is for online radio station!

Bros go to developer dot Android dot com.

Don't ask questions here when Google is your friend
Re: Creating A Mobile App by macaranta(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2016
Nice,if you can use my signature to instruct app creation
Re: Creating A Mobile App by oluwaskulboy(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing- android-app-know/
Re: Creating A Mobile App by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 25, 2016
Watch xamarin video tutorials here: https://developer.xamarin.com/videos/?v=Installing_Xamarin_on_Windows

Download xamarin from: https://store.xamarin.com

Download Visual Studio from: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx

Download Visual Studio Emulator for Android from: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/msft-android-emulator-vs.aspx

Happy Andriod and iOS apps coding cheesy
Re: Creating A Mobile App by TechCapon(m): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
Olumyco:
If u r already into Web development u can proceed via JavaScript.

These r what you need:

Android SDK

Adobe CS 5.5 (it has inbuilt phonegap)

Framework - F7 or ionic

The above is just one way to do it. There are many other ways like Titanium, Intel XDK etc
These can help develop 4 any platform. Though for ios apps u will need mac so as to b able to send it to Apples store or install it on any apple's platform.

so how can one join the react whatsapp group
Re: Creating A Mobile App by SamPeters: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2021
Hey, a friend of mine recently created a great app and told me a few good tips about how to do it. For reference, the app is Anyways, the first step is to generate the app idea. Most ideas are variations and combinations of old existing ideas. If you keep this in mind, it opens up your mind to think more creatively. Next, you should do competitive market research. Afterward, write out the features for your app, make design mockups of your app, create your app’s graphic design, put together an app marketing plan, and after, you can submit your app.
Re: Creating A Mobile App by SamPeters: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2021
Hey, a friend of mine recently created a great app and told me a few good tips about how to do it. For reference, the app is https://www.apkdojo.com/shareit. Anyways, the first step is to generate the app idea. Most ideas are variations and combinations of old existing ideas. If you keep this in mind, it opens up your mind to think more creatively. Next, you should do competitive market research. Afterward, write out the features for your app, make design mockups of your app, create your app’s graphic design, put together an app marketing plan, and after, you can submit your app.
Re: Creating A Mobile App by ProGSM(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
OK, I am looking at the posts here one after the other. I will get back shortly.

Thank you all.
Re: Creating A Mobile App by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 01, 2021
If you are a JavaScript web developer you can also use react native in developing both android and iOS using one code base
Re: Creating A Mobile App by BoltLigarus: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hi there I also noticed a few alerts here throughout this forum today. I am not that smart to advise what to do, but sometimes we are just one click away from the right solution. I mean that maybe someone can develop any good app that will help the phone work without indicated bugs. Other than that, nothing comes to my heated head today. And if I need to sign your petition, just share the link to it, I'll do it.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Aptech Or Nigerian University / What Really Can I Do In The Dark Web With The Aid Of Tor Brwser? / Frameworks Dont Make Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.