Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? (3442 Views)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / Diy: Immobiliser Delete On Bosch Motronic Me 7.5 Ecu (audi A4 B5 Facelift) / Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how much will it cost to get one ?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15pm On May 09, 2016
trantulla:
toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how much will it cost to get one ?

usa corrola or europe?

Engine size? Auto or manual?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 10:58am On May 12, 2016
the car was assembled in canada . it is a 1.8 lt engine IZZ-FE
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by donbuchi1(m): 5:33pm On May 12, 2016
Tokunbo at Ladipo about NGN 12,500.

What happened to the "follow come"?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 8:46am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=donbuchi1 post=45559239]Tokunbo at Ladipo about NGN 12,500.

What happened to the "follow come"?

[/q

i got the car scanned and it gave me this code P2716(Pressure Contrl Solenoid"grin" electrical . i have tried many times to erase but kept coming back .
i also got P0037 and P0031 which are oxygen sensors
from my research a faulty P2716 can cause the sensors to come up on scan tool.
though the engine seem to run fine .it just that starting the car ,the cranking takes more [b]seconds [/b]than usual for it to start

thank you sir for giving me your attention
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by cocoduck: 9:17am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=trantulla post=45574809][/quote]I want to know how you came to the conclusion that the ECU is at fault.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by honmusa(m): 9:41am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=trantulla post=45574809][/quote]
nothing point to a faulty ecu here unless you just want to waste money to buy a ecu you don't need ,take your car to a professional workshop that can do a more thorough troubleshooting cos is more cheaper than throwing parts at problems.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 10:47am On May 13, 2016
honmusa:

nothing point to a faulty ecu here unless you just want to waste money to buy a ecu you don't need ,take your car to a professional workshop that can do a more thorough troubleshooting cos is more cheaper than throwing parts at problems.

thank you , but what of the code P2716that kept pupping up in the scanner?
thank you
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 10:48am On May 13, 2016
cocoduck:
I want to know how you came to the conclusion that the ECU is at fault.

the code P2716that kept popping up in the scanner?
thank you
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by honmusa(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2016
trantulla:

thank you
mogbe!!!! abeg I need to know the address of your Kazeem that suggested that code p2716 that kept popping need a new ecu so that I can put ''pls beware signpost"

1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by cocoduck: 11:14am On May 13, 2016
trantulla:

thank you
last time I checked that code does not mean ECM, Bad,
it does not go out because it is a hard fault, not a soft one, check this website
www.justanswer.com/toyota/2zd2p-toyota-code-p2716-repair-it.html

Read the first comment, it listed a number of things, so you must test those first before changing the ECM, if not even if you change the ECM, the fault remains
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 3:54pm On May 13, 2016
cocoduck:
last time I checked that code does not mean ECM, Bad,
it does not go out because it is a hard fault, not a soft one, check this website
www.justanswer.com/toyota/2zd2p-toyota-code-p2716-repair-it.html

Read the first comment, it listed a number of things, so you must test those first before changing the ECM, if not even if you change the ECM, the fault remains

ok i got it ..........so it is it possible to get a good solenoid and change it without issue? and where can i get one ?

thank you
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 4:12pm On May 13, 2016
honmusa:

mogbe!!!! abeg I need to know the address of your Kazeem that suggested that code p2716 that kept popping need a new ecu so that I can put ''pls beware signpost"

lolz..... grin

what do you suggest sir ?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by honmusa(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2016
trantulla:

lolz..... grin

Follow this sequence:
check the solenoid to see if it is clicking ,check the wiring integrity (open and short) right from the solenoid terminal to the ecu terminal and check the ecu terminal .
Before you start suspecting the ecu ,you must have exhausted all the prerequisite test on ecu by checking if the ecu is getting the necessary input signal ,perform ecu ground ,power integrity test.
Don't be misled by all these foreign car forum guys .Most of them are part changers.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by honmusa(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2016
trantulla:

lolz..... grin

Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 14, 2016
I had a similar problem on a 2007 Toyota corolla recently. It ended up being an ECU problem though the solenoids were tested and the gearbox serviced.
So yeah... your mechanic might be right.
Bought an ECU from a certain 'lucas' & sent it to my location with less than 20k.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 9:54am On May 16, 2016
0rex:
I had a similar problem on a 2007 Toyota corolla recently. It ended up being an ECU problem though the solenoids were tested and the gearbox serviced.
So yeah... your mechanic might be right.
Bought an ECU from a certain 'lucas' & sent it to my location with less than 20k.
Thank you sir i really appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by trantulla: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
how and where can i get a shift solenoid(SLT) for my toyota corolla 2006
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by WebMania: 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
OP, so how did you solve the problem?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2006 ECU ..how Much Will It Cost To Get One ? by tjsadiq(m): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
I'm having a similar problem. Code p2716. My mechanic said I need to change the ecu, that I can't find replacement solenoids. Got a replacement ecu for 30k,however, the problem (gear shift jerking and check engine).

The ladipo seller has requested that the gear be loosened down, so he can do further diagnosis.

Any ideas as to how to handle this.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Buy Your First Car / Toyota Highlander SUV / Contact For Premium Batteries In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.