Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! (15000 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / America’s Top 13 Ceos And The Courses They Studied In School (photos) / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2016
adelumolo:
You hv a degree that offers u options. Two in one. Move out and connect people. I wish u good luck.

I'm trying my best, things are somehow, I've attended three interviews already and they all promised to call back but I haven't seen their call till today.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
Why don't you go for an mba. It'll give you an edge
Thanks for your kind words and useful advice.

Funds is the issue here. I wish too!

That's why I've planned to work for a while to gather funds for furthering my education but no job is forthcoming for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
Dawg.
In this present world, there's no career path.
You choose what comes your way or decide what you wanna do.

I studied majored in psychology in University of California but i knew from day one that i won't work for anyone I'm my life, I'm now into business making twice what i should be making.

Business is the only way forward.
Be your own boss

Is it possible with no or less capital?
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by theconcealed: 3:52pm On May 11, 2016
Micuilles:

My friend, you studied a very good and useful course. Congrats. For the MSc. it depends on the course, your first degree graduation grade and the school. Getting an MSc is great if you can afford it. Take the chance ASAP. If you want to move to a pure engineering, most schools will require you do a pgd first even if you had a 2:1. But for material Physics, Geophysics, Electronics and etc, with a 2;2, you can get an MSc directly. It depends on you! Better still, you can get a better education abroad (MSc) if you can afford it. I assure you, the skies will not limit you. Finally, at this stage of your life, you need to know that life is a function of grace. You need God to decide what will put food on your table. as such, ensure a very good relationship with Him. He'll direct your path. You can inbox me your email add. I would be glad to be of assistance wherever possible. God bless you.

Thanks a lot Sir. I graduated with a 2:1 and I would like to go for a M.Sc in Medical Physics. From my findings I was told Unilag is probably the only school that is still a bit up to standard in this field hence my reason for applying there but unfortunately I was told they stopped accepting B.Sc ed Physics for any of their M.Sc programs some 4-5yrs ago. I was at a cross road. Then on the international scene I felt my course combination is not recognised. But if you have any information regarding this I would really like the details and the steps to take as you've been in the sector longer with better experience. Thanks in advance. I can be reached through theconcealedpearl@yahoo.com
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 3:53pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Hi, just wondering what's the difference between your course and accounting and finance?

Business Education has accounting, administration, management secretarial studies, marketing and finance as minor courses, Business Education is all-encompassing and talks about the prerequisite needed in every business environment.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 11, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Business Education has accounting, administration, management secretarial studies, marketing and finance as minor courses, Business Education is all-encompassing and talks about the prerequisite needed in every business environment.

Oh okay thanks for insight, but if you studied business course like A/C and you have good result having a job shouldn't be a problem o, my friends who graduated last year from A/C about 10 of them all working in get of firms
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:19pm On May 11, 2016
Arisheloaded:
I'm a fresh graduate, I majored in Business Education (Accounting Option) in one of Nigeria's foremost University. I am someone who believes in making a difference and not just earning a pay.

I'm quite startled with the way employers view my course as though it is irrelevant to the workplace. Hence, I think I need a defined career for myself.

Also, taking Accounting as a career is a no-no for now because I didn't study pure Accounting and going for ICAN isn't possible now due to paucity of funds (though, planning to further when I get a job).

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Jarus etc

Startled not started
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Oh okay thanks for insight, but if you studied business course like A/C and you have good result having a job shouldn't be a problem o, my friends who graduated last year from A/C about 10 of them all working in get of firms

I recently finished the Nysc scheme last month.

Still job-hunting, hoping to God for His favour soon.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:23pm On May 11, 2016
OgeneUkwenu:
Go enrol for a school teacher's job.
I

Thanks for the advice, God bless, I don't think I can be restricted to teaching job only, even the teaching job isn't yet coming.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:24pm On May 11, 2016
lakezone67:
Some people are funny sha

Funny? In what manner?
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2016
madenigga2dcore:
Stop being an IDIOT WITH Bsc.... Education is beyond classroom education/schooling.... Equip yourself for the world is a volatile place. don't limit yourself

Thanks for your kind words, God Bless!

Already doing that.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2016
Gerrard59:
Send a well composed mail to Jarushub. It will be treated faster(he is Nigeria's number one career doctor). Avoid typos, mine was filled with lots of them(I was a confirmed tyro then) grin

Additionally, unless professional courses/disciplines you can work anywhere.

On the flip side..why do lots of individuals always mention KPMG, PwC, Deloitte etc(I know they're good firms) and omit McKinsey & Co etc. Management Consulting pays better than Accounting grin

Thanks, I will probably try that too!
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2016
justicejay:
Our problem is beyond education in nigeria.
Imagine a student going to school just because his/her parent asked him/her to do.

And now this dude doesn't know that B.ed is like catching two birds with one stone.

Thanks for your advice. God bless.

My post has nothing to do with what you meant sir, I only choose to ask for counsel as to know the prospects of choosing between two large fields.

Your further advice is continuously sought for.

Kind Regards.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2016
henryblaze25:
OP u are not just an accountant, u have a double Hons B.Sc(Ed) which fits u into d Accounting profession and teaching profession. U did same courses with Pure accounting student bt the elective courses were replaced with core educational courses.

I did Business Education(management) in school, that doesn't make me inferior to those that did Business Administration in school, mention any core Management course in Biz admin I did it and added educational courses, it was in my final year I did 6courses. 4rm year 1-3 I offered 9-10 courses per semsester

the Teaching Profession in Nigeria is not regulated if not, u won have said this thing u just said.

Change ur believe that u are not an accountant because u didn't do pure accounting

This is a second-to-none and eye-opening words.

Thanks for this, May Almighty God open your path and bless you endlessly.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 11, 2016
Arisheloaded:

I recently finished the Nysc scheme last month.

Still job-hunting, hoping to God for His favour soon.

Don't worry you will get a job soon, BTW if you are accountant, can go for ICAN. It will boost you up

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Don't worry you will get a job soon, BTW if you are accountant, can go for ICAN. It will boost you up

Ameen. Thanks.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by belovesammy(m): 7:05pm On May 11, 2016
I guess u are a product of TASUED. You have double honors, d choice is yours. You were taught the introduction to your course during your 100 level, go through it to know where you fit.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by David0(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Tell us how u got the bank job. Its possible u know someone. Or you have an additional certificate or you are one of the few lucky ones.

I know of a bank that does not accept B.ed and funny enough that's the only thing they don't accept. They even accept OND.

Well sorry, I don't know anyone. I applied same way everyone else applied, went thru d process like others and made it.

Nobody questioned my Bsc/Bed certificate. And No, I got no additional qualification.

It's not the course, it's u if u don't make it.

No bank will turn anyone down cos of B.ed, whoever tot of dat shud look for another excuse for failing an interview or whatever.

Engineering, mechanic, Microbiology graduates dey work for bank, Na Business Education bank go ignore?

Stop looking down on that course, u don't what it entails.

Except u just studied d course since dat was what was given to u when u got admission. U probably never liked it from d start, dats probably d reason anyone wud think their course is an obstacle to getting a good job.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by David0(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Tell us how u got the bank job. Its possible u know someone. Or you have an additional certificate or you are one of the few lucky ones.

I know of a bank that does not accept B.ed and funny enough that's the only thing they don't accept. They even accept OND.

Well sorry, I don't know anyone. I applied same way everyone else applied, went thru d process like others and made it.

Nobody questioned my Bsc/Bed certificate. And No, I got no additional qualification.

It's not the course, it's u if u don't make it.

No bank will turn anyone down cos of B.ed, whoever tot of dat shud look for another excuse for failing an interview or whatever.

Engineering, mechanic, Microbiology graduates dey work for bank, Na Business Education bank go ignore?

Stop looking down on that course, u don't know what u got.

Except u just studied d course since dat was what was given to u when u got admission. U probably never liked it from d start, dats probably d reason anyone wud think their course is an obstacle to getting a good job.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by mrwonlasewonie: 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Thanks for your kind words and useful advice.

Funds is the issue here. I wish too!

That's why I've planned to work for a while to gather funds for furthering my education but no job is forthcoming for now.
then borrow from friends /relatives
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 8:03am On May 12, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
then borrow from friends /relatives

Ok.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Blessedgurl(f): 11:49am On May 12, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Thanks for the words.

I graduated with 2:1.

Just finished serving.

Congrats!!! Still serving though. Apply for jobs that requires some of your personality traits. Do same for graduate sales executive, auditing & teller jobs so as to gather experience. Sign up on financial institutions career pages even without vacancies. When time comes for vacancy they will definitely send you an invite.

wink

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by cr80vity(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2016
v u considered professional courses like ican....there r other ones also

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by omotroyz(m): 11:31pm On May 13, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Startled not started
na wa o
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by omotroyz(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2016
truth be said. its as if all the advice here are for me, am currently studying business education and have been wondering what I will be able to achieve with the end result upon graduation aside teaching. but now I know that I am studying a very good course. thanks for all the contributions, thanks to the poster also. I have learnt a lot from this post.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:43am On May 14, 2016
omotroyz:

na wa o

That was a typographical error.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:44am On May 14, 2016
cr80vity:
v u considered professional courses like ican....there r other ones also

Yes bro., how can I go on with it? I need you to mentor me.
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 4:46am On May 14, 2016
omotroyz:
truth be said. its as if all the advice here are for me, am currently studying business education and have been wondering what I will be able to achieve with the end result upon graduation aside teaching. but now I know that I am studying a very good course. thanks for all the contributions, thanks to the poster also. I have learnt a lot from this post.

Yes my brother, you are very lucky to be exposed to all these information while still studying, try to establish your feet firmly before you graduate from the University.

Vocational Skills, Professional Courses and mastery of subject matter are great things to take note of.

Best of luck, colleague!
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by omotroyz(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Yes my brother, you are very lucky to be exposed to all these information while still studying, try to establish your feet firmly before you graduate from the University.

Vocational Skills, Professional Courses and mastery of subject matter are great things to take note of.

Best of luck, colleague!
thank you very much bro. I wish u success in whatever u choose to do with the advice u have gotten.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by cr80vity(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2016
Arisheloaded:

Yes bro., how can I go on with it? I need you to mentor me.
m nt into ican bt google abt it
Re: Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! by Arisheloaded(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2016
cr80vity:

m nt into ican bt google abt it

Ok.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Increment Of Workers Salary Will Reduce Corruption – NLC / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future / Salary Scale Of Contediss 7 Step 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.