Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,832 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All (1497 Views)

My Nissan Primera Does Not Accelerate Beyound 40 Km Per Hour / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / Nissan Primera: Manual Or Auto? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by seunds: 7:23am On May 10, 2016
Hi great people,

Please I need urgent expert advise on this; my Nissan Primera 2003 had some electrical fault and some cable got bunrt. Burnt cables now fix, brainbox had to b replaced before d car will start.

The problem now is that, it wont take throttle after start/ no rev at all. My mechanic advise tht i change from trottle sensor to a throttle that uses cable, for this is about the third time this failure will occure. Please house, what is the disadvantage of this? Is it a good thing to do?
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On May 10, 2016
seunds:
Hi great people,

Please I need urgent expert advise on this; my Nissan Primera 2003 had some electrical fault and some cable got bunrt. Burnt cables now fix, brainbox had to b replaced before d car will start.

The problem now is that, it wont take throttle after start/ no rev at all. My mechanic advise tht i change from trottle sensor to a throttle that uses cable, for this is about the third time this failure will occure . Please house, what is the disadvantage of this? Is it a good thing to do?

to do that he is suggesting changing to a carburetor, or just replacing the throttle body.

Changing the throttle body will not solve anything, car will still not rev, changing to a carb, will require a lot of modifications, and car will not be the same after that.

My advice, search for the entire engine harness (wiring) from a scrap car and replace with yours that has been burnt, presently there is no communication between the engine ecu and the throttle body, or you have the wrong engine ecu installed.
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by honmusa(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2016
seunds:
Hi great people,

The problem now is that, it wont take throttle after start/ no rev at all. My mechanic advise tht i change from trottle sensor to a throttle that uses cable, for this is about the third time this failure will occure. Please house, what is the disadvantage of this? Is it a good thing to do?
Tell your mechanic to leave the car if he cannot fix instead of turning your car to a lab rat ,cos it is a white elephant project he want to embark on with that suggestion .
People that has been previously working on your car were working blind ,wiring was wrongly connected ,loss of reference signal from ecu or wrong ecu
Patronise a professional to resolve this for you.
U can call autologicng @ 08061166316 if you are on Lagos.
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by cocoduck: 10:01am On May 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

to do that he is suggesting changing to a carburetor, or just replacing the throttle body.

Changing the throttle body will not solve anything, car will still not rev, changing to a carb, will require a lot of modifications, and car will not be the same after that.

My advice, search for the entire engine harness (wiring) from a scrap car and replace with yours that has been burnt, presently there is no communication between the engine ecu and the throttle body, or you have the wrong engine ecu installed.
exactly
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by mayor2013: 11:32am On May 10, 2016
If all wiring connection were done properly. If a bad or wrong ecu was fixed your car would also exhibit this kind of symptom. Since your car is obd2 compliant run a scan on your car. Get the fault error and work within
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by seunds: 10:33pm On May 16, 2016
I appreciate all ur response. Thanks all.
Re: Nissan Primera 2003 Starts But Won't Rev At All by chuks1137(m): 12:48am On May 27, 2016
Are you sure u bought the exact ECU

(1) (Reply)

BRAKE SYSTEM CARE 101: Caring For Your Brake System Components & Fluids / 7 Extremely Unsafe Cars You Should Avoid Like A Plague / What Came Out Of My Car. Any Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.