Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (26706 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]

Well, my best advise would be to re-sit for jamb. All the best.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by mightyhazel: 10:38am On May 10, 2016
Are u disturbed?

Try and resolve woteva issues bothering u.
U can seek spiritual,moral and evn psychological counselling if u feel d need to.

That done,try puttin in 4 to 5hrs dailyof study time.

Dazz no reason u won't bcom a genius like mightyhazel!

Infact I await as u discard dis failure of a name to a new username,....

Mightygenius! grin

6 Likes

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by wealthpos(f): 10:39am On May 10, 2016
Change your course before it will be too late,or you get withrawn.0.7??
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Ranchhoddas: 10:39am On May 10, 2016
lol@stay away from nairaland.It's a destiny killer.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by mancheeutd(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2016
robsisi:
Nobody is useless, You can be used as a bad example too

Haha @ used as bad example
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by fawaz050(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2016
grin,Guy i believe u r joking joor
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2016
My guy.... 0.7 GPA is unacceptable. Find another course to study or drop out of school become an entrepreneur
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2016
chubbyG:

which course are you studying
I'm a Futmite
Let's see what we can do?
mathematics
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by DonnyE(m): 10:42am On May 10, 2016
Mathematically speaking,you can still do well and even graduate with a first class,cos your first year is only about 10% of CGPA.However u seriously need to be more focused and dedicated to your education as u have been on NL
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 10, 2016
I can tell you are one of this "sai buhari" and GEJ defenders in nairaland!
You spend more time on something that have no social economic value to you.
The time you waste here in nairaland masturbating all around is the cuase of your failure.

I won't be suprise if you turn out to be Omenka.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Rushtec(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2016
LEAVE WOMAN, SEX AND UR KNOWLEDGE WILL BE RESTORE

QUIT FACEBOOK AND FACE YOUR BOOK

LEAVE ARROGANCE AND BE HUMBLE AND U WILL SEE UPLIFTMENT

LIMIT SOCIAL MEDIA AND U WILL HAVE CONCENTRATION

CRAM MORE AND YOUR BRAIN WILL BE OPEN.

LASTLY MOMERISE QUR'AN AND U WILL GRADUATE WITH 2.1 ABOVE

SIMPLE WAYS TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN ACADEMIC

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Horlawale1(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2016
You are wat u think you are

Secondly, quit nairaland for now it can be a destiny killer.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by engrjacuzzi: 10:44am On May 10, 2016
tomorrow you will tell your children lies that you were always at the top in class

you need to work on your mindset and don't blame nairaland for your failures.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Larryfest(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2016
As much as i wud av luv 2say u ar worthless because of ur Gp, guy u ar not bt u can be if u keep dis unserious attitude of urs on....u ar stil a kid for Christ sake and its just d first semester so y dnt u just get off nairaland and face ur studies hard dis nxt semester ehn....u ar only worthless if u tink u are.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Kaldakinn: 10:45am On May 10, 2016
Read more.
Olodo grin

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Bnekis(f): 10:45am On May 10, 2016
good day you starting with a GP of 0.7 does not automatically means you are a failure at least it was in ur first year. back then in school there was a boy named kacey in my department he started with a GP of 0.9 but in the end on graduation day he was the best with a GP of 3.84 so u see my dear friend all hope is not lost say this to your self everyday...."it is not over until I win" just get a new meaning and focus towards your goal.......

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by wman(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2016
Mrpoker:
I can tell you are one of this "sai buhari" and GEJ defenders in nairaland!
You spend more time on something that have no social economic value to you.
The time you waste here in nairaland masturbating all around is the cuase of your failure.

I won't be suprise if you turn out to be Omenka.

grin grin grin grin
You're quite funny.

But please lets not make everything to be about APC and PDP.
This is a young man's life we're talking about here.

At OP the remaining posters have said it all. For those who mentioned change of departments, I believe most science departments take the same courses in their first year so changing to departments in that line won't bring about any improvement. And OP said he was a good O'Level student. Except if he didn't write his O'Level himself. If that is the case you might consider switching to the Arts and Social Sciences. But if not just buckle up like others have said.

2 Likes

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by k2kay(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2016
The mistake u made imo is that u prolly chose the wrong dept, am a product of futmx and I can categorically tell u that to make it u have to really tighten ur belt and study hard...u might wanna change ur lifestyle too. Also consider switching depts in ur second year, it might do u a whole lot of good.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jbnm: 10:47am On May 10, 2016
Guy u ar not Worthless.u still have 3 yrs u can improve ur GP be4 u graduate.all d best
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by bluntspade: 10:48am On May 10, 2016
chaiiii.. that gp can't flash mtn to mtn oo
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by femi4: 10:48am On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.
Seun come and see o

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by MizFrances(f): 10:48am On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
Am i haunted or what?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt. sad
Be positive.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Franchise21(m): 10:48am On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.
Guess u hv killed ur destiny cos u re on Nairaland
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by SubtleFRED(m): 10:48am On May 10, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
You are failing,but you are not a failure.Reduce your visit to Nl and all non educational websites,Pray more and read more.
NL isn't educational?

Seems like you're always in the jokes or Romance section.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by UncleDeeee(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2016
How did you pass your WAEC and all?Did you copy your way through? There's no story when it comes to academics. Everybody sitting for an exam will know the result before taking the exam based on preparation. Just as you frequent nairaland.com to know what's happening, same way you should visit your books to pass. choice is yours!
Alternatively you can result to sorting and be assured that your students you dream to teach will end up teaching you.
Cheers
NB that it's never too late to start all over again
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 10, 2016
wman:

grin grin grin grin
You're quite funny.

But please lets not make everything to be about APC and PDP.
This is a young man's life we're talking about here.

This is not about PDP or APC, this all about doing the right thing at the right time and right place.
Some peeps here you find them in all thread especially politics section analysing what the know little or nothing about.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by SubtleFRED(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2016
Rushtec:
LEAVE WOMAN, SEX AND UR KNOWLEDGE WILL BE RESTORE

QUIT FACEBOOK AND FACE YOUR BOOK

LEAVE ARROGANCE AND BE HUMBLE AND U WILL SEE UPLIFTMENT

LIMIT SOCIAL MEDIA AND U WILL HAVE CONCENTRATION

CRAM MORE AND YOUR BRAIN WILL BE OPEN.

LASTLY MOMERISE QUR'AN AND U WILL GRADUATE WITH 2.1 ABOVE

SIMPLE WAYS TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN ACADEMIC
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]

Brother, during my university days, I came across so many people who started badly and all I did was tell them that, one semester of your entire stay in the university cannot define your grade, except you allow it. This is just one result out of 8, that's for a four year course, and you're feeling worthless? Don't ever indulge in self-pity. Dust yourself up and be even more determined. You still have the opportunity of making a 2.1 and I am not just saying that to make you feel fine. I would suggest you do these:

1. Time management: try to manage your time in school very well. Given your result, your studies should take 90% of your time.

2. Know your lecturers: I don't mean going to their offices to rapport with them. No. I mean, knowing what they expect in form of answers to test and exam questions. Some lectures want you to read wide and add to what they thought you and some others just want garbage in, garbage out. You can talk to those above your level in your department, and learn one or two things about your lecturers.

3. Change your friends: be with friends who have the passion for studying and excellence. Be with people who will motivate you, people who can teach you and put you through when there's need.

4. No flexing yet: at this point, it will be unwise to assume that, since you're in the university, it's a place to "flex" and do all you want, after all, daddy and mummy are not around to checkmate you. Concentrate on your studies, stay away from the ladies for now, they can be a huge distraction, no offence meant to the ladies please, but keeping a relationship or multiple relationships can be very distracting for a struggling student.

5. Stay glued to God: the bible says, "the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge". I don't care what anyone says, just know that the only thing that works 110% is God. Study like your life depends on it and pray like your life depends on it too. With your commitment and dedication, God will make you a testimony and a point of reference for those coming behind you.

6 Likes

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Unibenfucker(m): 10:51am On May 10, 2016
ShitHead:
Don't worry bro...you are not just worthless. You are simply useless.

You are really a shit head
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by SubtleFRED(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2016
femi4:
Se.un come and see o
Now,how much were you paid for reporting?
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by wman(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2016
Mrpoker:

This is not about PDP or APC, this all about doing the right thing at the right time and right place.
Some peeps here you find them in all thread especially politics section analysing what the know little or nothing about.

Now I get your point. You're very correct.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by omokunbi86(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2016
Your failure mentality is one reason why you will keep failing. Never ever believe your GP will dictate the course of your life. You are the best person to know the things distracting you from reading as expected. Cut off those things and I assure you things will change for the best. Wish you success in your academics smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fathia Ayodele Kareem Wins 12 Out Of 15 Awards In School In Ghana / How Much Is Oduduwa University Fees / Which Of These Do You Fear Most As A Student?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.