Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (26701 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Hoii(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2016
robsisi:
Nobody is useless, You can be used as a bad example too
lol
You're wicked o
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 10, 2016
This story is falsified, how can you be 18yrs old and have passed through poly and presently in the University ??
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by inosend: 11:32am On May 10, 2016
No, i don't think you are worthless. All hope is not lost as you can improve on this. Hold your head high and face the task at hand. May God help you.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:32am On May 10, 2016
If you do not sit up now and right your wrongs what do you know you would teach in secondary school?
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Paretomaster(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2016
bro, ur situation wasn't dat bad, u need to refrain from all form of negative thinking, u can do it!

though my situation wasn't as bad as urs in ma 200l, but my determination to hit 2:1 propelled me, in my 300L, when others are dropping from 2:1 to 2:2, dats when I hit my 2:1 and maintained it.

I wrote15 courses, scored 2As, 10Bs, 3Cs in my 300L so u can do it too...read more, ask questions on wat u don't know, don't be ashame, attend tutorials, avoid distractions e.g girls, cult, too much party...most importantly find the pattern of study dat work for u.

for instance, I don't read at night at all, that's wat work for me, so don't do wat others do just because u see dem do it...

it's not by doing TDB.

goodluck...o

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by kwyllancy: 11:36am On May 10, 2016
[/quote][quote author=universityfailu post=45480345][b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]

My broda sit up, break away from friends who cannot encourage you academically. Focus, Focus, focus . U may not understand this now until u graduate with 2.2, 3rd class,.... U have all d time in d world to encourage ur self. Hmmmm HmHmmm, If u have ear u hear. It's a life time mistake or success. U can ask those that been there b4. So d ball is on your court.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by haywire07(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2016
ShitHead:
Don't worry bro...you are not just worthless. You are simply useless.

Lwkmd oooooooooo

U people will not kill sumborry

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by raph101(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2016
Your case no be here ooo ! Try out something else
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by babatundepeter20: 11:41am On May 10, 2016
Bro. so many reasons buh way forward:
*Pray
*Identify how best you learn
*Create a good time and place to study
*Set a target of 'A' grades
*Move with colleagues academically better than you
*Study past questions and look for peculiar patterns of each lecturer by asking from Higher Levels.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

Am i haunted or what?

sad

Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

1 do u attend lectures
2 do u read
3 do u socialize alot
Cus no child is dumb its ur mind set...if u feel u cnt make it in life den u won't.....my advice set ur priorities
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by domnwan(m): 11:45am On May 10, 2016
I rep polynek, if you get this kind thing in my school, na pack and go,no 2nd chance
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by lewispius: 11:46am On May 10, 2016
take jamb again. change ur course..
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by akyus(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2016
You can't do it alone, a community is one thing you need. My advise to you is to join a religious group where you will not only develop yourself spiritually but also learn to be organized and make friends who you will feel accountable to. You'll also get support in your academic work through the tutorials these groups organize and meet with some gurus who are in higher levels.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jimcaddy(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2016
Bros.. you better change course. With that CGPA, you cant avoid a Third Class eventually, thats if you arent even advised to withdraw sef.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by rita25(f): 11:48am On May 10, 2016
I know where dem dey sell otapiapia for back of my house I can direct you there if you drink am all your problem go solve even your gp go rise as if them add yeast and baking powder to am grin
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Franchise21(m): 11:51am On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:

You too.
Referring to u dat made dat statement. Think before u comment nxt tym
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by STENON(f): 11:54am On May 10, 2016
This is serious... You changed your monicker to "University Failure", You said that your future is Blunt.

Until you have that trust in your heart that You are University success and that your future is bright. I doubt if ...
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by herald9: 11:56am On May 10, 2016
Jeeez 0.7 GP shocked

Carried over five courses? shocked

How will you cope?

Its better to switch departments... You can't cope.

Even the regular courses are tedious and demanding, talk less of adding extra five.

Remember the higher you go, the higher the bar is raised and you've not started well, seriously, bro, you'll trip and slump!

Withdraw while possible.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by abbey621(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2016
I don't know whether to laugh or give you an e-slap! There are two things confirmed by your post.

1: That most people on Nairaland especially the popular/controversial ones are kids mainly under 21.

2: That most university students are clueless!

For sake of humanity , I'll only discuss point #2.

See you mentioned all the reasons why a GPA of 0.7 is bad but I don't see you accepting the blame. As long as you keep thinking you are in school to please your father or family, you'll never be able to fulfill your true potential. Now listen up kid, a semester/term is not enough to kill your dreams. What matters most from here on now is that you make a conscious decision to remove all distractions from your life including limiting social media. Be ready to lose that popularity status on Nairaland so you might gain the popularity among your peers. At your age, you shouldn't have any problem assimilating, so I suggest you join study groups and find a very strong tutor. Be ready to spend some money and dedicate long hours towards your study and if you happen to unfortunately come across a sadist lecturer or two then be ready to do whatever it takes to pass that course including fetching water, buying lunch and or settling him/her. My final advice to you is learn to accept failure and learn from it. The most successful people in the history of the world so far failed many times, some are even dropouts, so keep ya' head up!
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.

Pls bro if NL is a killer of destiny like you said, what then are you doing here bro. Guess by now your own destiny has been crushed?
Silly post from a silly fellow.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by dissybling(f): 12:06pm On May 10, 2016
u are not worthless,to be successful, set a standard for urself,com to think of it, people dat made it in dat same Dept, dere av only one head just lyk u...most expecially know the kind of friends u roll with,they could influence u in a gud or bad way..
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by zemaye: 12:10pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu
First you are what you think of yourself .
start by aiming high what do you want to do with a second class degree in nigeria at the moment sad
you can be all you want if only you try
cc;
Ymodulus
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Senifad: 12:10pm On May 10, 2016
Jayooluwa:
I really want to hear what ple av to say abt dis. Bt i tink yhur low expectation is part of d reason for failure, try nd aspire higher.

Yes.
Also know that the first medicine for any illness is to recognised that it is happening to you.

Now desire a change. Make conscious effort to turn the table.

Have this in mind also that bill gate was out of school before he realised is potentials and turn things around for good. You are still in school. So never say "future looks blunt".
You are 18 also

So make you time and opportunity you still have COUNT Seriously.

I am expecting wonderful things to be accompanished by you!
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Mom007(f): 12:14pm On May 10, 2016
Lol! So melancholic at 18yrs? You are not a failure yet. If you repeat such results next time then maybe. As a matter of record first semester results are usually bad for a number of people. New environment and systems and all that. your depression should now drive you to study hard and join tutorials and you will see your grades climb. And stop all the crazy talk. You don't need it especially if you are just trying to get our sympathy. Reduce social media presence. It's a major distraction.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am i haunted or what?

sad

I'm sorry I didn't take time to read the comments already dropped, but here's my two cents.

I'll like to commend you. You've taken the first step -Stock Taking.

I'm not an expert on educational advice but one thing I've come to understand is determination does it all. My first year in school and even at a lot of times I can't remember, I turned out to have the best results in the courses I was more jittery about. And the connection I've been able to draw in all of these successes is that I worked harder at them.

You're in school and that's the most important thing. What you've got to do to get that motivation to read is see how much your training will go in shaping the professional you turn out to be in the end. Do you want to be half baked? Now is the time to decide that. It all is not about making the best grade, the most important thing is making the best intellectual investment in yourself.

You started the process of evaluating yourself. What you've got to do now is reevaluate. I've always said and will forever continue to say- "You do not have to be a university graduate to be successful". So if going to school is just about getting a job (getting someone to pay you because you've got a certificate that qualifies you) it's best you get out now. There are millions of jobless Nigerian "graduates" and so are there lots of uneducated successful entrepreneurs. This is debatable, but first hand experience of my older cousins, there's a lot of them by the way, show this. Over 70% of them are now entrepreneurs in fields far from related to what they studied in school. Their certificates are of no relevance to them now. The persons they are is of more relevance.
What's the point of all this, reevaluate if a university education is what you really want.
If it is, take the bull by the horn. STUDY (not read) as never before, like your life depended on it. Don't give up. Remain determined. And most importantly, get a study partner, two or even more. You never can tell how simple a subject matter can get just because you were able to relate better with it amongst your peers - first hand experience.

Now all you have to do is focus on being a better student and not one that is scared of being kicked out.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 10, 2016
Sorry o! Durentt grin
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:20pm On May 10, 2016

this where i lost interest in your story
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by lordhippo(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2016
[i][/i] The only thing you have to do is to change your department and look for a lesser one .I think with that you would get better
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by harryhenry02: 12:26pm On May 10, 2016
I'm My school (UNIZIK) you can apply and repeat the whole session af if you started fresh. dont go on with such result as those pile of carryovers will keep dragging you
dowm as you will be reading and writing present and carryover courses same time. if your school allow for step down. then step down and repeat
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Beenderwah: 12:28pm On May 10, 2016
guy you dey on your own oooo, make sure you read and practice, mathematics is all about solving and creating expected questions. solve them , learn from your past question papers and pray. remember ,if you dont have good result no job for you cos even those with better results compete for jobs...
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Jimi23(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
Don't u think u frequenting nairaland is d cause for your misfortune? Who popularity for nairaland don help eh?

Look u need to avoid social media at all cost if u ever wish to succeed in your studies. Just avoid it like ebola.. ur gp will increase, simple

This got me reeling with uncontrollable laughter. Harsh but sincere words. God bless u jare. U said it all.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by nnemak(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got
Am so confused, i was a really i

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice.

This is not the end of the road, it's even good you are able to see your results on time. During my days we didn't see our results until 3rd year!

And if I could turn my own very poor result to something good then you can.
1. Realise your result is poor and needs improvement.
2. Choose your friends and discard anyone that has less than 4.0 or not giving priority to his books.
3 . Forget girls.
4. Your new routine should be read, eat , go to school, read, sleep, read, eat, read,pray.
5. Ensure you don't miss any lecture and sit in front.
6. Spend more hours of everyday reading.

I did that and turned my story around. You would be shocked when you get 4.8 as your new semester result if you follow this guide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fathia Ayodele Kareem Wins 12 Out Of 15 Awards In School In Ghana / How Much Is Oduduwa University Fees / Which Of These Do You Fear Most As A Student?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.