Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres (11007 Views)

Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN / See The Number Of Vehicles On Nigerian Roads / FRSC To Start Seizing Vehicles With Expired Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by skyhadi16(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2016
Caleboha:
This is how you know the expiry date of your tyre, the maximum inflatable pressure, rim size, e.t.c. Worn out tyres the fastest route death on the roads or permanent deformity. No take am play!

Thank you so much pal
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by suteco16: 7:19am On May 12, 2016
Confused FG and FRSC
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by dorodee(m): 7:22am On May 12, 2016
First they said its speed limit device that will stop accidents.. Now is types! Confuse people... Confuse government.
Must we go through ALL this pains in one Year?
.. Tinted permit
.. Fuel increase
.. Tyre
.. Speed limiter
.. NEPA tariff
.. Automated road worthiness
.. Etc.. Etc.. Etc..
... THIS CHANGE GET AS EBI OOO!!
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Nobody: 7:25am On May 12, 2016
“Nigeria is too big not to have a tyre manufacturing plant. That is the bane of the problem we have on ground today.”

They didn't tell this guy that Michelin was chased out to Ghana by NEPA-

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Nobody: 7:33am On May 12, 2016
favouredseed:
Late Minister Ocholi and family ...tyre related crash
Ekiti Doctors .... Tyre related crash
Kano students .... Tyre related crash

FRSC Boss you are on point Sir

You are telling the slowpoke he's on point without encouraging to use his office to effect the reduction of the cost of tyres or better still effect the importation of non expired tyres with the help of the relevant authority Nd not standing at the death traps on the high ways with the help of police to fleece the average road user.Cant they effect the repair of the death traps?Though not their main reponsibility but they can help withbthe relevant authority.Also,can't they aid in taking off abandoned and spoilt vehicles and trucks from from the highways.Anyway,if you yourself had a car you would have felt the pains of the cost. New tyres or maybe the average taxi guy that is struggling to make 1000 with the attendant fuel increase and scarcity with the risen cost of living will go and buy a brand new tyre for 20-30k.I sincerely sympathise with your reasoning- Or which law even gave the right to impound cars?NIGERIA-mba Ojooh!
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by hmuhammad(m): 7:36am On May 12, 2016
Mutuwa:
provide better up to date tires please,which is also available to all and sundry.
good, they should also arrest traders selling expired tyres

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Nobody: 7:37am On May 12, 2016
emekamigo:
“Nigeria is too big not to have a tyre manufacturing plant. That is the bane of the problem we have on ground today.”
They didn't tell this guy that Michelin was chased out to Ghana by NEPA-
how many industries have PHCN destroyrd. If they don't want us driving cars in Nigeria they should let us know. How much frustration can an average Nigerian take. How much does the average Nigerian earn, add inflation and the current price of fuel.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Greatidonis: 7:38am On May 12, 2016
Make them carry am near some people for this hardship. If I know shoot their blockos.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by AskIfa(m): 7:53am On May 12, 2016
How many dem wan confiscate? How many danfo or taxi get new tyres?
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by AskIfa(m): 7:53am On May 12, 2016
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by onilanre(m): 7:56am On May 12, 2016
ochilikoko:
They can only check those things for mugus dat stops. I can't remember the last time I matched my break for those insatiable officers

Nature will stop u for them one day.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Ninilowo(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2016
They tried it on me sometimes ago although in a friendly manner and jokingly I told them to let me check their own tyres too. Oro ba p'esi je. grin
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by hringbraut: 8:15am On May 12, 2016
About time.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by cbjonstage(m): 8:26am On May 12, 2016
They no born any mofo wey stop 2 confiskat or confisicat my 4-rugged tokumbo tyre..so long i no steal public fund just dey manage my life thru exploitation of our insincere leaders; any officer wey cross my way, anything wey em see shod take
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by simplynola(m): 8:38am On May 12, 2016
98% of cars on Nigerian roads have expired tyres, so FRSC should expand their compound to accommodate as much cars as possible. Soon they will start looking out for expired wipers. Glorified Touts
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by sammhi(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2016
favouredseed:
Late Minister Ocholi and family ...tyre related crash
Ekiti Doctors .... Tyre related crash
Kano students .... Tyre related crash

FRSC Boss you are on point Sir
Dunce! so tyre related issues means that the tyres were expired? ode
Frsc should be scrapped.. they are a nuisance..
imagine flagging a car down on highway just to ask you for your fire extinguisher and C caution.. what a joke..I have neva seen such in any country!
More important issues such as road signs, safety signs, trucks with no rear light, trucks and trailers with excessive smoke emission, broken down trucks obstructing highway, fallen trees etc are not in their agenda.
Have U ever seen road safety with towing trucks?
Frsc are just looking for how to milk hapless motorist.. initially, it was speed breaker , now it is expired tires...
Bunch of ediots
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by XX01(f): 8:51am On May 12, 2016
Terry68:

Watin dey vex me pass, na d poor go always be the victim.
Cos dem go fear to stop all this big big cars dem.

lomprico:
Those mofos are no different from d useless nigerian police. I bet you, they will focus mainly on flashy n newer cars n ignore rickety vehicles.

A seeming contradiction?
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by alexlee50: 9:13am On May 12, 2016
FRSC don dey craze o.why can't they impound from the people who imported the tyres?so they want to impound car owners vehicles? God punish FRSC
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by Nobody: 10:12am On May 12, 2016
SON is responsible for the quality of goods that enter the Nigerian market. If Frsc are so concerned they should sue SON to court for endangering the life of Nigerians. I really think they should be scrapped. They do not even have first aid kit I n their ambulances
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by inosend: 10:57am On May 12, 2016
What?! The Road Battle:Season 1. Alarm go blow be dat.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by famzynet: 11:39am On May 12, 2016
I just checked my car tires now. Two tires and my spare are expired. One of them is Michelin manufactured 2011. I bought the other tire last year and now it is expired. But I can tell you that Michelin still looks as if I bought it yesterday. Who is the FRSC man to think I will start changing 3 tires now things are so costly? I don't have that kind money now and I pity any road safety officer that will block my road to stop me because me I go jam am. Nonsense country. No tire manufacturing company in the country and you are putting such law especially now imported goods are expensive,Put things on ground first and people will naturally comply.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by iamkneeyi: 12:14pm On May 12, 2016
Plenty of them will die. No vehicle will wait ..
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by ifaomo: 12:57pm On May 12, 2016
This is unfair. What r they Going 2 do about the potholes on our roads. If only the amount generated by FRSC through fines can be used on patching our roads if at all they r so concerned. Then there there's would be less accidents on our roads.
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by shevchenko(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2016
princemillla:

Wen Road safety corps flags you down they will inspect it along wit ur docs

Why will you be flagged down ?
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by mikolo80: 3:32pm On May 12, 2016
Dottore:
Misplaced priority
no it's not to them.dem don see opportunity to hammer on top una head
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by mikolo80: 3:33pm On May 12, 2016
DaBullIT:
Wrong move at the worst possible time

I assume the police too will start checking tyres and this will all go to hell when people get frustrated
hian,awaq pipu de frustrate so?only wen dem ban super eagles nigerians de rise up o
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by SucreB: 4:44pm On May 12, 2016
stupid oga FRSC when will you start repairing your roads......because i cant imagine getting new tyres and then before a twinkle of an eye, your roads spoils everything. lawless country. making the mass suffer in ALL THINGS. if them born una well, make una stop all those BIG BIG JEEPS for road. were buruku gbogbo. fantastically corrupt set of imbesile. tongue tongue tongue tongue undecided undecided undecided
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by livinstone8(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2016
[b][/b]
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by livinstone8(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2016
no be to use permanent marker the change date? undecided
Re: FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres by iukpe: 6:11pm On May 12, 2016
lomprico:
Those mofos are no different from d useless nigerian police. I bet you, they will focus mainly on flashy n newer cars n ignore rickety vehicles.

where u wan carry the rickety vehicles go? oga go sack you if you try am. Most of these things are all about revenue. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? / Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit / Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.