Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy (11495 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / OMG! Proud Mum-to-be Shows Off Her Pregnancy Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2005
This is for real, people.

Girls and guys, I have this cousin that's just had a baby (of course she's not married), and incredibly wants everybody to believe she never knew she was pregnant. By her admission, the baby just popped out of her tum one day when she wasn't looking.
Story goes like this.

When I was in Nigeria, we used to be very close and as she stayed with us in PH, we used to share a lot of secrets,like relationships and stuff. So much so that, my girlfriend became best mates with her. She was a bright girl, by all means. Thing is she seemed too obsessed with material things and as such only choose to go out with "big" guys. I'm talking about a 20 years old girl here.

Two years ago, I came over to the Utd. Kingdom and though we communicated very often, I noticed at a time, she started being economical with what she told me, but I did not mention this in any of our discussions.

Three months ago, I was told she had a baby. She'd never mentioned to me she was Pregnant all the time. Got to go to work.I'll finish when I come back.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by blendz4real(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2005
What is ur problem with her? Do u want to marry he??
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2005
Maybe she has had problems with men and she has decided to raise a family on her own. Please don't give her any grief; just play along and be supportive. Let her parents know that a grandchild is a grandchild whether you know the father or not.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2005
I've heard women say they were pregnant and they didnt know. in as much as i dont understand how that is possible, i believe them. If your cousin has had a kid outside wedlock, right now she's gonna need your support more than anything. please, this is not the right time for you to start asking guestions. Just be there for her. when she's ready, she'll tell yuu whats up herself. CONGRATULATIONS on been an uncle!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2005
As I was saying, I later got to know she'd had a baby. Personally, it did not bother me as I think she's old enough to start a family if that's the way she wants it. On my recent visit to Nigeria, I visited her. When we talked about it, she told me she'd not known she was pregnant. I don't give her grief about it, she's perfectly within her rights as an adult, as I've already mentioned.

What baffles me though is how a woman can get pregnant and carry the said pregnancy for 9 months without knowing she is pregnant. This is despite the fact she had undergone series of tests(by her admission) and whatever else. If she's getting any grief, it's definitely not from me, guys, cos' I consider her my sister and whatever I'll do for my sister(if I had one), I'll do for her. I'm an only child by the way.

Thing is I can not believe she did not know she was pregnant. How can you not know?

My question here is : Is it possible for a woman to be pregnant and not know she is pregnant?
I'll like to get replies from women.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2005
Ha-ha. Nah
blendz4real:

What is your problem with her? Do u want to marry he??
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2005
Women in the house: the bal is in your court. Can a woman (who has never been pregnant) be pregnant and not know it for a long time?
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2005
@pie1ect.Well, am a woman and ive been pregnant twice. Believe me, i knew when i was pregnant that i was pregnant. As for your cousin, i really dont know wat to say about her case...........first of all how old is she? You see,ive met two people(women) who were pregnant and in both cases didnt know. One didnt know till she started labour and the other till she was about six months and her mother noticed and took her for an abortion. in the second case she was quite young. They both shared with me there experiences, how they werent aware that they were pregnant, and there stories were conviensing enuff. I know its very hard to understand but it could be true. Infact,pregnancy tests give wrong results sometimes. A friend of mine was pregnant for 7 months and she still saw her period, she didnt know she was pregnant till she had a fever in her seventh month and went to see the doctor............... anything is possible. Support your sis is all i'll say.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2005
@ Ahleri. That is strange, to say the least. I would imagine that a young guy or girl, as it were, is growing inside of you and actually feeding off you.
I'm a man anyway, but it does sound weird.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2005
She'll be 21 next month.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2005
Yes my brotha, i know it sounds weird even for me. Dats just the way it is. please other ladies, SAY SOMETHING!!!
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by lullaby(f): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2005
I dont think it's possible for a woman to be pregnant and not be aware...that's impossible. 1-3 months I can understand but after that, I expect that the changes in her body are obvious to her and everyone around her.

I'm guessing her tummy did not show The baby must have been very very very very tiny !
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2005
@Lullaby I did not see her during her pregnancy. So I don't know if her tum showed or not( I assume it did, as it would be very abnormal otherwise). I talked to her mum recently and she said they thut it was complications arising from an appendix op. she'd undergone a few months earlier. How she managed to get her MOTHER to go along with this story, I'll never know.
The baby, BTW, is a normal healthy child.
Even "tiny" babies do create some kind of recognisable bulge.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2005
@lullaby. with my first kid,some of my collegues at work didnt even know i was pregnant because my stomach wasnt protuding. With the second they thot i was still about 4months and where all surprised when they heard i had put to bed. It is possible.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2005
Her mother, who is a woman, has accepted it. pie1ect, I will advice you to accept what the ladies have said - that she might not be lying - unless you are a doctor or have been pregnant in the past. She is not lying because she has nothing to gain by lying.

And even if she is lying how is it a problem for you? Were you planning to marry her?
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2005
And even if she is lying how is it a problem for you? Were you planning to marry her?

@seun. grin grin grin grin naughty,naughty.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2005
Marry my COUSIN? Is this a joke? angry
I just thut it was the most incredible thing I'd ever heard!
I'll just have to believe such things happen.
Does it then mean that while a couple are actually "praying and fasting" for a child, the woman can be preganant and "not know it"?
This was what made me ask the question in the first place, Oga Seun.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2005
If a married husband and wife are actively seeking a child, they are likely to detect the pregnancy because they will always be looking out for it. Any small sign, and they will want to confirm if it is a pregnancy.

But in your cousin's case, she was [i]not lookin[/i]g for a pregnancy, so all other things being equal, it will still be much easier for her to miss the signs. See the difference?

The correct answer is that it's rare for a woman not to know that she's pregnant until it is almost due, but it's possible. Rare, but possible.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2005
Yes, It's possible!

A Norfolk teenager who had been puzzled at her sudden weight gain has given birth to a baby girl.

Charlotte Starling, 16, had no idea she was pregnant until she went to the toilet one night - and found herself delivering a 7lb 10oz baby.

Despite a breach birth, Louise was born healthy on 15 October at the house in Bowthorpe, Norfolk, where Charlotte lives with her parents.

Charlotte said: "I just couldn't believe it - I just ran and got my mum and she just screamed and woke everyone up."

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2005
@seun. very true, rare but possible.
@vexxy. Imagine that! shocked
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2005
@Vexxy: what a story. "mommy, I'm delivering a baby!" is more shocking than "mommy, I'm pregnant!"
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2005
@Vexxy How shocking is that?

Strange things do happen, don't they?
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2005
Yes, strange things do happen! I heard last year around this time of a woman giving birth to twins under the same condition.

She was extremely overweight as it is and had always had stomach problems. It was during her Thanksgiving meal when she started to feel pain.

She thought it was because she ate too much. When she went to the bathroom, out came baby #1. The paramedics were called who helped deliver baby #2!

@Seun: Yes, shock indeed! Both of us would be in the hospital. Her for delivering a baby and me for fainting!
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by pie1ect(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2005
Oh then, it could have been true.
I'm changing the topic of this thread then. Sorry Peeps!
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by disney(f): 4:07am On Nov 26, 2005
All lies lies lies.

First of all, to all the women in the house. The first sign that a woman is pregnant is she misses her period.  Even if some women don't or may still be bleeding..........there are so many signs that would show if a lady is pregnant. At least increase in weight, tender breast, craving food ,falling  sick in the morning  known as nausea and abdominal pain , pains here and there due to the movement of the baby and the fact that the mother's stomach has been pushed upwards and the uterus is resting near to the bladder ,thats why the woman experiences constant urination.. also, hiccups more like heart burn We not illiterate , we are in the modern era year 2005 where health care is improving . come on ,.when the girl was having /making love,.....she did not know that any mistake would lead to a pregnacy. The least a woman can go without knowing she is pregnant is 3 months to 4 months . that is in its early stages but minus that......................signs and stomach start showing except she has a miscarriage and she sees it as blood or exceeds.........................As a lady , u would always know when u are pregnant no matter because of the vital signs and signals

Doctor Disney.(for real)
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by snazzydawn(f): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2005
she shouls tell that to the bird's the bees, the marines and the members of natinal assembly... Dem fit believe am
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by snazzydawn(f): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2005
She no know as she take carry belle?Okay.Maybe she drink am through water.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2005
grin grin grin abi oh
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2005
Well you guys can make fun of this issue but it happens. And dr. disney if youre really a doctor then I don't know what to say to you. Like I said earlier I know two people personally that it happened to. Infact another one was pregnant and didnt know till at six months when her grandma noticed and sent her back to her mother. In all this cases these women were very young and had basically not had any form of sex education. Are you aware that there are still teenagers today that do not know that sex is what gets you pregnant? And a friend of moni saw her period throughout her nine months of pregnancy.These things are rare,but they happen.

I know it is unbelievable,but its possible. And all your explanations about the SIGNS during pregnancy are only meaningful to a female who had been given adequate sex education.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2005
Disney,

Majority of the symptoms you described for pregnancy most women have the very same when it comes to menstration. Other women have no symptoms at all. The best and only way to truly know for sure is to get tested.

V

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by prettyH(f): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2005
I personally think when a girl gets to a certain age she becomes aware of certain things, and one of such is pregnancy. Though i've never been but in my opinion, don't think it possible. How can u not know u r carrying a child. Sorry to say but u carry a child for nine months and not just for a day or even a month. So how will u not know? Honestly it sounds very weird cos now even without a bulging tummy , i know a woman is pregnant cos of the way she looks

But for the cousin to say she didn't know then thats somethingelse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / Is It Compulsory For A Married Woman To Take On Her Husband's Surname? / Why Are You Still Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.