Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats (1593 Views)

Help 2004 Acura MDX Overheats When The A.C Is Turned ON / Tips To Note When A Car Overheats / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by sonofthewind: 3:46pm On May 10, 2016
My 2007 Model of Toyota Sienna has a problem of high temperature rise with a kind of dry smoke emitting from the engine at each incidence. Last week a mechanic changed the water pump and the radiator was cleaned with no leakage. I want to visit another mechanic tomorrow but would like to hear any advise on what could be suspected as the fault. Thanks
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2016
sonofthewind:
My 2007 Model of Toyota Sienna has a problem of high temperature rise with a kind of dry smoke emitting from the engine at each incidence. Last week a mechanic changed the water pump and the radiator was cleaned with no leakage. I want to visit another mechanic tomorrow but would like to hear any advise on what could be suspected as the fault. Thanks

Honmusa is the man for the job.

P.s what is dry smoke? cheesy
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by sonofthewind: 3:55pm On May 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

P.s what is dry smoke? cheesy
I mean smoke emanating from a kind of dry-hot surface
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by mayor2013: 7:14pm On May 10, 2016
Carry out a radiator coolant pressure test to reveal the causenof the overheating. Could be internal or external. What kind of smoke are you talking about?
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by UncleDeeee(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2016
Greetings all. Please is there anywhere one can get this pressure test in Port Harcourt ?
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by eaglechild: 8:16pm On May 10, 2016
Also check the radiator cap before proceeding with the more cumbersome tests.
Had the exact same problem with a 2007 model and it was the cap.
But I had already gone through a series of unnecessary tests.
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by honmusa(m): 12:18am On May 11, 2016
UncleDeeee:
Greetings all. Please is there anywhere one can get this pressure test in Port Harcourt ?
call my number (08061166316), I can arrange for you
you can check for the tester here
https://www.nairaland.com/2774241/bonanza-autodiagnotics-tools-scanner-never
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by honmusa(m): 12:31am On May 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

P.s cheesy
thanx boss
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by sonofthewind: 2:10pm On May 11, 2016
eaglechild:
Also check the radiator cap before proceeding with the more cumbersome tests.

Had the exact same problem with a 2007 model and it was the cap.

But I had already gone through a series of unnecessary tests.

Thanks. A commercial driver just told me about the effect of radiator cover. Once again, thanks.
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by sonofthewind: 2:14pm On May 11, 2016
mayor2013:
Carry out a radiator coolant pressure test to reveal the causenof the overheating. Could be internal or external. What kind of smoke are you talking about?

Smoke evaporation from a hot dry metallic surface. Thanks
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by cocoduck: 11:44pm On May 11, 2016
sonofthewind:

Smoke evaporation from a hot dry metallic surface. Thanks
Sorry to say it, but I have to, what you are saying makes no sense, (no pun intended, so don't be angry we learn everyday) you should describe the quantity and color of the smoke and where it is coming from, I mean is the smoke from the exhaust pipe? is the smoke white? if you are using coolant instead of ordinary water, do you perceive any sweet smelling scent or something from the exhaust, if yes then I think you might have a blown head gasket, well, I would like you (since the smoke is bizzare) to do a leak down test.

Please, Gazzuz, do you do leak down tests?
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2016
cocoduck:
Sorry to say it, but I have to, what you are saying makes no sense, (no pun intended, so don't be angry we learn everyday) you should describe the quantity and color of the smoke and where it is coming from, I mean is the smoke from the exhaust pipe? is the smoke white? if you are using coolant instead of ordinary water, do you perceive any sweet smelling scent or something from the exhaust, if yes then I think you might have a blown head gasket, well, I would like you (since the smoke is bizzare) to do a leak down test.

Please, Gazzuz, do you do leak down tests ?

yes I do.
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by cocoduck: 8:32am On May 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

yes I do.
great! Respect, man ONE LOVE
Re: Advise: My Toyota Sienna 2007 Model Overheats by sonofthewind: 6:01pm On May 12, 2016
cocoduck:

Please, Gazzuz, do you do leak down tests?
Noted, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Car Scan In Lagos / Nigerian Man Converts His Toyota Venza To Fine Rolls Royce Sweptail Himself- Pho / Toyota Camry 2007 (spider)charging System:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.