Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos (10375 Views)

My Concerns About Including Non-igbo Southsouth In The Biafran Struggle. / My Hands Are Off The Biafran Struggle. / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by AmadiAba: 8:48pm On May 10, 2016
Here’s a little Trivia about Beyonce’s “Love Drought” video scene…The picture that you see below Beyonce’s photo above is about the story of “Igbo Landing” – An act of mass resistance against slavery.

For those who don’t know, Igbo Landing is the location of a mass suicide of Igbo slaves that occurred in 1803 on St. Simons Island, Georgia. As the story goes, a group of Igbo slaves revolted andtook control of their slave ship, grounded it on an island, and rather than submit to slavery, proceeded to march into the water while singing in Igbo, drowning themselves in turn. They all chose death over slavery. It was an act of mass resistance against the horrors of slavery and became a legend, particularly amongst the Gullah people living near the site of Igbo Landing.
So why was Beyonce doing it? I’m sure you can figure that out after learning this.

According to Wkipedia:

Igbo Landing (alternatively written as Ibo Landing, Ebo Landing, or Ebos Landing) is a historic site at Dunbar Creek on St. Simons Island, Glynn County, Georgia. It was the setting of a mass suicide in 1803 by captive Igbo people who had taken control of their slave ship and...

Read full story HERE >>>> http://www.igberetvnews.com/11691

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by AmadiAba: 8:49pm On May 10, 2016
Proudly Igbo

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by KEZDON(m): 8:58pm On May 10, 2016
Igbo Ndi Oma

Kwenu!!!!

Igbo Amaka

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by meshinoye(m): 9:00pm On May 10, 2016
Ordinary Fulani hersmen you guys cannot fight in your own land o, not to talk of fighting the Nigerian Armforces that comprises the Fulani's Nupe's, Tiv's Gambari's e.t.c.

If you guy studied history, you will recalled that it was just Col Benjamin Adekunle (AKA Black Scorpion) lead troop that finish Ojukwu untrained soldiers at Ore while OBJ later took over from Col. Adekunle(the man his still alive till date).

Just a few airstricks will level the whole SE if such war repeated itself in this jets age.

12 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Obijulius: 9:00pm On May 10, 2016
The thing above me is almost gone.

They hate us yet they can't do without us. If the Igbos are your problem why live with your problem.

Some people are still evolving.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 10, 2016
This is great!
#igboamaka!

18 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

Ordinary Fulani hersmen you guys cannot fight in your own land o, not to talk of fighting the Nigerian Armforces that comprises the Fulani's Nupe's, Tiv's Gambari's e.t.c.

If you guy studied history, you will recalled that it was just Col Benjamin Adekunle (AKA Black Scorpion) lead troop that finish Ojukwu untrained soldiers at Ore while OBJ later took over from Col. Adekunle(the man his still alive till date).

Just a few airstricks will level the whole SE if such war repeated itself in this jets age.
who get this guy mama number? We need to contact them urgently cos he is about to enter market.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

who get this guy mama number? We need to contact them urgently cos his madness wan enter market.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Noneroone(m): 9:10pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

the jerk needs to increase your dosage

16 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 10, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is she any better?
you mean say na the thin runs in the family?
Odi egwu!

11 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Xionez(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2016
Abeg, is Beyonce Igbo?!
Her theme, acts or associating lyrics are tending towards it...take Flawless for example.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 10, 2016
Igbos again?

within the past two weeks alone, everything just dey.....you already know grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3485572_picture3_jpeg633bf7ce6d9024b02d22a86592a63b29

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3485573_picture1_jpegc1a1f9a3a51259def050dcdad90f68ea

Land of the rising sun....

The shining light of the african race..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by MrAdetunjiBayo: 9:52pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

Don't mind them, as a yoruba muslim, I hate Biafra because they abuse our lord and master Buhari. Don't the ibos know that buhari is greater than Awolowo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by frleopardo: 9:54pm On May 10, 2016
All hail the great Igbo race

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 10, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is she any better?
lipsrsealed
doublewisdom:
Is she any better?
Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:
[s]

Just a few airstricks will level the whole SE if such war repeated itself in this jets age. [/s]

Yorubba tormented by the Igbos since 1200 AD.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 10, 2016
One thing I have learned about the Igbos is they are raised in a very unique way not to be afraid of death. Fearless and brave!

The Biafra war video below is a testament...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DxzaVtZH8&list=FLkmccIeXr0pwzgYOxbJdUcQ&index=3

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:29pm On May 10, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:

Don't mind them, as a yoruba muslim, I hate Biafra because they abuse our lord and master Buhari. Don't the ibos know that buhari is greater than Awolowo?
look at how childish ur all ur post re! U re not a muslim! U re a devil! A clear imposter!

13 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by fr3do(m): 10:39pm On May 10, 2016
Ndiocha do our people strong thing
Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by kernel501: 10:42pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

We know one tribe that produces crying soliders, coward soliders, and we know those who can't fight, but rather take poison,Awoke.

11 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by theshaderoom: 10:45pm On May 10, 2016
WOW! History
Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:49pm On May 10, 2016
Congrats to the igbo people... But why do you people like countering If someone creates a thread on nairaland that a yoruba or hausa person gets honoured by maybe Obama.... You people sef will goan look for ur own... Even if it's an old one.. U must sha look for something.....

Land of the drowning sun......

Kill me with insults if you like..... Most of you will still end up fighting for no cause like your father Ojukwu did.

I drop my pen

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by meshinoye(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2016
uduak2016:
One thing I have learned about the Igbos is they are raised in a very unique way not to be afraid of death. Fearless and brave!

The Biafra war video below is a testament...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DxzaVtZH8&list=FLkmccIeXr0pwzgYOxbJdUcQ&index=3

Those are the real great Biafrans that died while fighting the physical war not this present days butter children that cannot handle ordinary cattle boys and hidding somewhere in Lagos, calling for war in the SE.

I will take you guys serious when I see large numbers of SE youth from all over the fedaration matching down to SE in preparation for the war.. I don't fight war on social media on on what happend in the AD's or 1947.

Kanu is in the prison right now while you guys are sleeping under the comfort of your parent roof outside the Fulani massacred and 'social media war' prone area (SE)waiting for justice from thesame FG Suprime court.

There shall be no war in SE(amen).

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by meshinoye(m): 11:12pm On May 10, 2016
kernel501:

We know one tribe that produces crying soliders, coward soliders, and we know those who can't fight, but rather take poison,Awoke.

For Adekunle Fajuyi to rather died along side with Aguyi shows more than bravery. U guys don't know nothing.

Let the dead rest, lead the war!
Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Gayigaskia(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2016
Are these two terrorists look alike or what?
One is Boko Haram

One Run away to Cote d'Ivoire

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Bobandgreat: 11:37pm On May 10, 2016
Gayigaskia:
Are these two terrorists look alike or what?
One is Boko Haram

One Run away to Cote d'Ivoire

@gaskia don't equate the great Ikemba with the almajiris of the North of which Buhari is their chief whip. Buhari just said he would rather die than allow Biafra. He reminds me of pharoah .

6 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Hisduchess(f): 11:44pm On May 10, 2016
meshinoye:

with all this your qualifications on ur signature u still went ahead to spew trash. must u be an Igbo hater.

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 10, 2016
I salute the historic bravery and courage of my igbo brothers. I look forward to a more fruitful partnership between the SS/SE.

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by ahaz: 12:01am On May 11, 2016
meshinoye:

Those are the real great Biafrans that died while fighting the physical war not this present days butter children that cannot handle ordinary cattle boys and hidding somewhere in Lagos, calling for war in the SE.

I will take you guys serious when I see large numbers of SE youth from all over the fedaration matching down to SE in preparation for the war.. I don't fight war on social media on on what happend in the AD's or 1947.

Kanu is in the prison right now while you guys are sleeping under the comfort of your parent roof outside the Fulani massacred and 'social media war' prone area (SE)waiting for justice from thesame FG Suprime court.

There shall be no war in SE(amen).
but the Yoruba's had d opportunity to erase cowardice record in mile 12 but didn't, why?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos by Nobody: 12:15am On May 11, 2016
meshinoye:

Illiterate and cow brain donkey, how your headache take relate to this?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Pic Of Amphibious Gunboat Use By Nigerian Army 2 Fight Niger Delta Militants / Nigeria Hit By Oil Misfortunes - Buhari / 'You Have Been An Excellent Role Model' - Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.