Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac (18932 Views)

Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos) / Whatsapp Introduces Click-to-chat: Send A Message From Your Browser / MTN Finally Introduces A 3GB Internet Data Plan For Just #300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by Bluffly: 2:29pm On May 11, 2016
What do you mean by have just announced? Since when
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by abdulaz: 2:37pm On May 11, 2016
charlsecy:
Does WhatsApp on Bluestack require your phone to be on and connected?
No, it only requires your PC to be connected to the internet.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by AnnabelR0se(f): 2:47pm On May 11, 2016
Rocking it now
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by 41lady(m): 2:53pm On May 11, 2016
This has been introduced since beginning of Yar'adua/ Jonathan regime.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by dwana91(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2016
Who dem epp ?
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by josite: 4:21pm On May 11, 2016
martinkem:
WhatsApp has just announced its long rumoured Desktop apps for Windows and Mac users. The Desktops apps works just about the same way as the WhatsApp for Web app, serving as a mirror for messages sent to the WhatsApp app on your smartphone. Just like the WhatsApp for Web, you would need scan a QR code and keep your smartphone powered on.
To download the Desktop app, head over to https://www.whatsapp.com/download as of now the app is compatible with Windows devices running Windows 8 and above or Mac devices running at least OS 10.9.

Source

please how do i use my phone whatsapp to scan the code.please give me step by step direction.pls.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by ICTTRENDS: 5:16pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by ITbomb(m): 7:49pm On May 11, 2016
luluosas:
How is this different from the Web version?
How are the data sellers coping with the new crashed data plans
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by engineerboat(m): 8:56pm On May 11, 2016
abdulaz:

No, it only requires your PC to be connected to the internet.

The problem their is that in bluestack I can't put on ur whatsapp on both pc and phone at the same time
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by martinkem(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2016
josite:

please how do i use my phone whatsapp to scan the code.please give me step by step direction.pls.

Hi, I haven't had the chance to try it out myself. But I doubt it's any different from the WhatsApp for Web even WhatsApp confirmed this. If you haven't used the WhatsApp for Web before, you can follow this LINK to see how it's done
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by luluosas(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2016
tolexy007:

pls how can i use d whatsapp onmy fone to scan the bar code? pls i need ur help. thanks
Well, I don't know what this key is called on phone, but it is the one I used to bring up 'options', multi-task and others. It's located at the left hand side 'down' on my Gionee M2 Mini, with a sign of 3 -. If you understand what I am trying to describe, it will help.
Open your WhatsApp app on your phone, then click/touch the button I just described and a pop up will appear where New group, New broadcast, WhatsApp Web, Starred messages, Status and Settings will display. Then, click on Whatsapp Web. If you have ever used it previously, the operating system and last time used will be displayed on the next page.
Then go to your computer and open www.web.whatsapp.com Follow other institutions there on your computer. You will see a Barcode to scan in order to log in to WhatsApp Web. Then, return to your WhatsApp on your phone. Look for the + sign at the top right in the place you stopped and click on it. A scanner will appear running on your screen. Then take your phone to scan the Barcode on your computer. Ensure that the whole Barcode is at the center of the running scanner on your phone and it will scan. Once successful, you are now login to the WhatsApp Web. Hope it will be of help. Thank you

Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by luluosas(m): 7:55am On May 13, 2016
ITbomb:

How are the data sellers coping with the new crashed data plans
My brother, it's tough. But I thank God. We are just hoping that MTN Enterprise Solution will do something urgent about it though. Thank you very much for your concern

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by tolexy007(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2016
luluosas:

Well, I don't know what this key is called on phone, but it is the one I used to bring up 'options', multi-task and others. It's located at the left hand side 'down' on my Gionee M2 Mini, with a sign of 3 -. If you understand what I am trying to describe, it will help.
Open your WhatsApp app on your phone, then click/touch the button I just described and a pop up will appear where New group, New broadcast, WhatsApp Web, Starred messages, Status and Settings will display. Then, click on Whatsapp Web. If you have ever used it previously, the operating system and last time used will be displayed on the next page.
Then go to your computer and open www.web.whatsapp.com Follow other institutions there on your computer. You will see a Barcode to scan in order to log in to WhatsApp Web. Then, return to your WhatsApp on your phone. Look for the + sign at the top right in the place you stopped and click on it. A scanner will appear running on your screen. Then take your phone to scan the Barcode on your computer. Ensure that the whole Barcode is at the center of the running scanner on your phone and it will scan. Once successful, you are now login to the WhatsApp Web. Hope it will be of help. Thank you

thank you so much bro, would give it a try.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by luluosas(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2016
tolexy007:

thank you so much bro, would give it a try.
You are most welcome
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 13, 2016
Whats the use? Isnt it a phone number based chatting app? & a friend of mine has bn running these on desktop since years ago so whatever
Re: Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac by ICTTRENDS: 2:23pm On May 13, 2016
WhatsApp’s Web Client Now Lets You Share PDFs
http://digitallclique..com.ng/2016/05/head-tracking-mouse-for-physically.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gaming Review On The Infinix Note 4 Pro (PICS) / What Is Your Battery Capacity And How Long Does It Last With Heavy Usage?? / Is 50000mah Power Bank Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.