Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy (16738 Views)

Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Help Me Good People,my Life,my Career And My Academics Are Now In Jeopardy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2016
I am a legal practitioner, called to the Nigerian bar since last October. I am from port Harcourt and also reside in port Harcourt. Am also done with my NYSC as i served before law school. Since I was called last year, I have been on the hunt for a law firm that I can stay and further my lawyering activities but I have been unable to find none. Each day I spend money going round town searching for law firms but all to no avail. I also observe proceedings on a regular basis.
As it is now, I am basically frustrated and tired of everything and I am about to abandon the noble profession. Maybe it's not my calling. I need urgent help and advice. I have lost my mind and I feel suicidal too.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Oluwapresley(m): 1:38pm On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:
I am a legal practitioner, called to the Nigerian bar since last October. I am from port Harcourt and also reside in port Harcourt. Am also done with my NYSC as i served before law school. Since I was called last year, I have been on the hunt for a law firm that I can stay and further my lawyering activities but I have been unable to find none. Each day I spend money going round town searching for law firms but all to no avail. I also observe proceedings on a regular basis.
As it is now, I am basically frustrated and tired of everything and I am about to abandon the noble profession. Maybe it's not my calling. I need urgent help and advice. I have lost my mind and I feel suicidal too.

I can feel Ur pain, man. a day without anything to do is suicidal enough, not to talk of a year.. my advice is, don't give up on the noble profession.. 1 year shouldn't make u conclude that it's not Ur calling.. u can try to expand Ur search to companies.. at least, just to av something doing.. u could be a company lawyer or something..
All the best, bro:-)

15 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2016
Oluwapresley:

I can feel Ur pain, man. a day without anything to do is suicidal enough, not to talk of a year.. my advice is, don't give up on the noble profession.. 1 year shouldn't make u conclude that it's not Ur calling.. u can try to expand Ur search to companies.. at least, just to av something doing.. u could be a company lawyer or something..
All the best, bro:-)
Am grateful thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Baalelikeoba: 2:28pm On May 11, 2016
You have a very lucrative and noble profession at hand.....we share in your pains as men and we know how it feels to be idle....continue to push and try......

Go to companies, appeal to them that money is not the only thing u are after but this career be pursued as u have planned it, ask to be given a chance to practice for almost free and u will succeed .

Google these companies and visit them:

1. Cardinal Stone Partners

2. Verod Capital

3. Le' Venue Properties Development Company

4. Osinaike and Osinaike & Co

They are reliable companies that listen to young professionals in who can deliver .

22 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Oluwapresley(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:
Am grateful thanks
ur welcome, sir:-)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by aileru(m): 2:37pm On May 11, 2016
Wat i can say is dat.....dnt gv u....kip pushing it n before u knw it....u r dere....Remember dere is light at d end of a tunnel....dnt wanna gv u stories dat surpasses urs....wit God all things are possible.... Cheer up ma broda....

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Oluwapresley(m): 2:42pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by agrovick(m): 2:59pm On May 11, 2016
Never give up on the struggle. It can only get better

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2016
Baalelikeoba:
You have a very lucrative and noble profession at hand.....we share in your pains as men and we know how it feels to be idle....continue to push and try......

Go to companies, appeal to them that money is not the only thing u are after but this career be pursued as u have planned it, ask to be given a chance to practice for almost free and u will succeed .

God bless u

2. Verod Capital

They are reliable companies that listen to young professionals in who can deliver .

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
Baalelikeoba:

2. Verod Capital

Am very grateful. Thanks
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2016
agrovick:
Never give up on the struggle. It can only get better
Thanks boss
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 11, 2016
Has it gotten to this point..?

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by friedakara(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2016
look up to God, bro.

7 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 11, 2016
OP.. Three words... "NEVER GIVE UP"..

You're welcome.

Btw,you can listen to this song by me titled "e go better" @ http://my.notjustok.com/track/22684/

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by ShitHead(m): 4:06pm On May 11, 2016
You must not be a practicing lawyer...unchain your mind from that idea. Law has never been a noble profession, it's like saying that Police is your friend. Just think outside the box my man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Herapal(m): 4:06pm On May 11, 2016
God bless you
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:

Ur faith should be greater than ur doubt, u will surely make it!!!
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by XaintJoel20: 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
God will see us through...
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by JOYOSITA(f): 4:08pm On May 11, 2016
If you feel committing suicide is the best option, good luck with that.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by ogawisdom(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2016
op dnt b a quitter u have nt spent up to a yr n u r lamenting. D labour market is over crowded wat were u expecting.

Better go n continue hustling n report back after 5 to 10 years. Learn to perserve, it is not easy for anyone.

Please spread ur tentacles n explore other sources u can make a living apart frm practicing law.

If I hear suicide again .... angry coward (no offence intended)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 11, 2016
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by prinsam30: 4:08pm On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:

sorry to ask, how did you graduate in the first place

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by WildChild00(m): 4:09pm On May 11, 2016
I think you should expand your job search, to other cities like Lagos, Abuja etc thats if you are willing to relocate, thats another question. Its well bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Maski87: 4:09pm On May 11, 2016
Please don't waste your time anymore go and join politics

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by frenzydilz(m): 4:09pm On May 11, 2016
It ain't easy anywhere man. Don't think switching would solve ur problem. I don't believe u took years to get where you are only to throw it away cos of 1 turbulent year. Law is a noble profession. Reach out more 2 ur colleagues. Don't search 4 d job alone. Visit companies. Don't wait for them to begin recruiting, just submit ur CV and most of all man...PRAY. It shall be well wink

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by bufness(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2016
thats dur problems we lawyers face unfortunately lol, its berra to have sumpin to bank on
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Maski87: 4:10pm On May 11, 2016
Please don't waste your time anymore go and join politics that is what jobless lawyers do
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by EmperorWIZLAD(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2016
i feel ur plight broda. my advise z dat u get something to do, like a side job instead of staying idle and allowing frustration come in. NOTE: while doin this, dont relent on chasing after ur dreams. wish u well. see u @ the top echelon cos i wud love to shake hands wit u @ that point.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by bsalawu: 4:11pm On May 11, 2016
it is when things seems tough that you must not quit... U quit you fail... U fail you are tagged... Generations is attached to you... remind yourselve this daily... it is a fight you must win.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by anselm791(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2016
Get into a serious relationship with God.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by donigspain(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2016
Nawao, even lawyers dey complain about unemployment. This country don taya person.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by vykte(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2016
see Mr man, u cant die and leave only us to be suffering you must fulfill your own part of the suffering... why are people no longer loyal sef undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Chief Buratai, 49 Other Officers Write Exam / How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? / I Hate Being Broke- What Skill Can I Learn Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.