Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? (25307 Views)

How To Get Your Ex Back After Breaking Up/Divorce / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by sweetheart12: 2:50pm On May 11, 2016
I Need Your Advise Please

I will sincerely appreciate a good advise from you all.

I have been in a relationship for 7 years, in this relationship i was in, the guys father never like me from the day he heard my name. My boyfriend then asked him severally even the mum also asked the dad why he didnt like me, but he was not able to give any reason.

Myself and this my boyfriend has had several breakup due to his father not liking me.

The third time i broke up with him was because he beat me up and left several injury on me. He came back to beg and apologize and all then i accepted him back. A time came when we planed to do our wedding, when his dad heard of it he never supported it. Our Pastors asked him why he never wanted us to be together but still there was no reason given.

After this incident my family said i cant marry him since his father has never accepted me. I was not able to let go cos i was thinking how i will throw away the 7 years of relationship, but not quite long my boyfriend came to me and said he wanted us to breakup since his father wont accept, i cried n cried but at the end i decided to let go.

After 6 months i heard he has done introduction with a girl the father like and all. after a year now the same guy is now calling me saying he wants us to come back together and get married, he said he does not love the girl he was forced to do introduction with by his dad, he said he has told the girl he didnt love her and cant marry her,he also said his dad has accepted that we can get married now. DO I GO BACK TO HIM OR NOT?

During this last breakup we had, i met a very nice guy by name Sammy he has been so nice and good to me, When i and Sammy met it was not up to 6 months before Sammy traveled out of the country. He was supposed to be away from the country for 2 years then he will return and we will do our wedding. Sammy loves me alot, he is a God fearing person but recently he told me he's not sure of his coming home in next 2 years as planed, when i asked him what the new plan is and when he will return home he said he cant say, Sammy still loves me and wants us to be together but i am worried how long i will have wait before he returns. And now my ex boyfriend is saying he wants us to get married. i am just confused.

What do i do please? I need advise please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by naijaboiy: 2:58pm On May 11, 2016
FÜCK!

Why should life be so frustrating for people sometimes.

Op I won't lie to you I'm also confused concerning this your issue but let's see what other people would say that will be helpful.

Lalasticlala over to you.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by ArchEnemy(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2016
Op, did I hear you say something about the guy beating you before?
Berra shine your eyes ....seven years will still not justify a marital life of misery.
You ve got some praying to do all the same. It's complicated

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by dollyjoy(f): 3:01pm On May 11, 2016
It obvious the guy you have spend 7years of your life with lack the will power to stand by his decisions,which might be detrimental to you on the long run.

It difficult but you have to pick up the pieces of your life and move on,who knows? He probably came back due to pity and memories of years past.

49 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by mhizeva(f): 3:07pm On May 11, 2016
First of all I don't trust Sammy... because men can be so crafty... I mean what do you know about his business, his earlier lifestyle and what is the real reason why he Travelled. have you done this research....
My dear don't base your heart on love alone.... because no marriage can stand on love alone

Secondly, for your ex.... I will advise you not to go back to him... One reason is that men are strong and vibrant and natural born leaders... If a man cannot stand for himself with the love he has for you and marry you even against his father''s wishes then he is not going to stand for you in much more difficult situations..

Secondly, he gave up on you too quickly, by going to marry another girl.... meaning that his father controls him... If his father hadnt accepted in the end that means he wont have come back for you....

Thirdly, think about the other woman that just got married to him... Thats one reason why you should off him

Fourthly, Wait for a genuine man.... Search the net, read books and you will understand what a real man is made up off my dear....

Love cannot keep a marriage forever... If it could then why are so many american marriages falling apart today after the expensive weddings in which the man professed his love...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

205 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by SpecialStar(m): 3:11pm On May 11, 2016
Uhm Uhm it's seems things don fall apart and the center cannot be hold.

As for me, I won't advise you to go back to the guy you dated for 7 years and you achieve nothing or else you will still end up wasting your time.

N.B: Someone that beat you up when you're not married yet will definitely kills you and marry another person when joined together.

On Sammy issue, firstly think, could this guy be real? why has he not introduce me to his parents? or is he playing on me?, ask yourself series of questions why Sammy could be real and fake.

this Sammy issue is some how confusing.

Finally, pull yourself together, pray to God for solution, consult a Counselor and your Pastor as well.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 11, 2016
you have said it all.

mhizeva:
First of all I don't trust Sammy... because men can be so crafty... I mean what do you know about his business, his earlier lifestyle and what is the real reason why he Travelled. have you done this research....
My dear don't base your heart on love alone.... because no marriage can stand on love alone

Secondly, for your ex.... I will advise you not to go back to him... One reason is that men are strong and vibrant and natural born leaders... If a man cannot stand for himself with the love he has for you and marry you even against his father''s wishes then he is not going to stand for you in much more difficult situations..

Secondly, he gave up on you too quickly, by going to marry another girl.... meaning that his father controls him... If his father hadnt accepted in the end that means he wont have come back for you....

Thirdly, think about the other woman that just got married to him... Thats one reason why you should off him

Fourthly, Wait for a genuine man.... Search the net, read books and you will understand what a real man is made up off my dear....

Love cannot keep a marriage forever... If it could then why are so many american marriages falling apart today after the expensive weddings in which the man professed his love...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

6 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 11, 2016
Another cooked up story..

Let's hope the Gods will accept it undecidedundecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by layla129(f): 3:31pm On May 11, 2016
SirWere:
Another cooked up story..

Let's hope the Gods will accept it undecidedundecided

You feel a person cannot be experiencing this or what?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

You feel a person cannot be experiencing this or what?
Do I really need to point out the holes in such a story
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 11, 2016
as I hear dat beating part, I knw say dat guy wld kill u weeks into d marriage. as for al this abroad tin, u r lucky d guy clear u on time say hm no go cum back. some people wld jst mess u up.hu wan cum bck dis nonsense country. my advice is play along wit d Yankee dude bt if anoda guy cums to u, tel hm ur single bcus ur more or less single

29 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 11, 2016
Don't go back to that guy o the same way he left you with stories is same way he will come up with fresh stories don't you want a man you can rely on who feels solid to you? As for Sammy you have enough information to move on he does not know whether or not he will come back to marry you what are you waiting for? How can you be doing love with a man who does not know when next he will see you his being a nice guy is not enough excuse for you to keep yourself off the market I can't see any solid plan Sammy has for you.

You want a man who is ready and sure of what he wants. The men you have mentioned do not fit the profile of eligible suitors them dey like tv wey no clear.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by tosyne2much(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2016
mhizeva:

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
You nailed it !!! Nice one cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Lsofdk(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2016
mhizeva:

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
op you have your answer, nice one

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by VampireeM(f): 4:05pm On May 11, 2016
Its quite obvious none of these men are meant for you.. please tell that your married ex to stop disturbing and calling you, mean it.. The dude abroad should be kept @ the friendzone.

Dear Its time for you to mingle more with men who are ready for a serious relationship and wants to settle down and in all things pray to God to give you your own man..

All the best

15 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:05pm On May 11, 2016
Jentilia:
anger did not even let me finish reading this immediately I read that beating part.
hear me now,if u ever go back to him then know that u are the biggest fo.ol ever in this planet.
I don't really know what is wrong with girls.
Always value yourself and the man that will value you will come along.as for the new guy,he has already told you,he doesn't know when he will be back.#dont put all your eggs in a basket#

#imagine a boyfriend beating me...them never born am that day

DON'T BE SO HARDCORE ON THE INTERNET, WHILE IN REALITY YOU AIN'T SHIIT.

IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY, SOMETIMES THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

IF YOU DO STUFF THAT GONNA FETCH YOU KNOCKS FROM YOUR MAN, ( I DO NOT ENJOY HITTING PEOPLE GENERALLY, I'M BIG TIME AGAINST THAT SHIIT) BE READY TO BE HIS MIKE TYSON! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jentilia(f): 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
anger did not even let me finish reading this immediately I read that beating part.
hear me now,if u ever go back to him then know that u are the biggest fo.ol ever in this planet.
I don't really know what is wrong with girls.
Always value yourself and the man that will value you will come along.as for the new guy,he has already told you,he doesn't know when he will be back.#dont put all your eggs in a basket#

#imagine a boyfriend beating me...them never born am that day

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jentilia(f): 4:09pm On May 11, 2016
mhizeva:

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
nice one.
most times I don't even waste my time to type an advice cos the person u are trying to advice will still do what is in her mind...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by firstking01(m): 4:15pm On May 11, 2016
The lady above me whose moniker is mhizeva tho...i bless God for your life.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by NemzySeries(m): 4:34pm On May 11, 2016
7yrs shocked !!! Datz enuf to get hold of ur Msc & Phd na......beta go back to ur ex & collect certificate of Relationship attendance Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo.....but on a crious it appears d OP like distant relationship wella......but y do u wanna go to a man who left u & started a new family?.....are u saying sammy & ur ex are d only gud men U've xperienced as a lady? Beta calm dwn, leave d both of dem & introduce ur sef to a new world of peace & happiness believing dat God wud send a real man to u so dat Ãℓℓ dis ur part-time relationships go stop.....mind u dunt b too inquisitive ova dis situation & remember dat a bitter relationship is not beta dan a sour marriage

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by SweetBoyFriend(m): 4:49pm On May 11, 2016
How old are you ??
He beat you up and you still wanna marry him.

Your ex and your present boyfriend are no game.
Just wait for another person.

It's very easy for girls to get anyone they want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by raayah(f): 4:50pm On May 11, 2016
.The third time i broke up with him was because he beat me up and left several injury on me

Nne, This is where i paused! Look, don't joke with abusive men. Domestic violence leads to death . Enough said. Please forget that first guy completely. He even left you to marry another person. He's playing you like a fiddle. Don't fall for this stupid trap. He was with you 7 years and didn't marry you. He will not marry you now.

For the second guy, I don't think he's coming back. You shuld move on. In short, he has told you that he has no plans of coming back anytime soon. If he was serious about you, he would have come back to marry you and take you along or at least arrange plans for you to come back.

It's time for you to forget both men and look forward. tart looking to build another relationship. If you are having problem finding a man in real life. I will suggest checking out the nairaland dating section, going to church, gym, clubs e.t.c. There are many good single men out there searching for love.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by candidbabe(f): 4:50pm On May 11, 2016
M
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Sunnycliff(m): 4:51pm On May 11, 2016
If he comes back from abroad and finally marry you is he gonna take you along with him? Or will he just keep u in Naija? If you are not sure of this question better accept your Ex back, I don't trust all these guys from abroad!

Devil u no beta pass angel u no no

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by MrAboki: 4:51pm On May 11, 2016
Use your ex to be servicing your engine until your Overseas Bobo arrive..

Seriously..

OP,

Your first relationship of Seven years sounded like Comedy to me and you should be thankful you did not enter that marriage for the following reasons;

1. The Boy (yes I called him a Boy cos he does not sound like a Man) sounds like he is indecisive and requires parental consent to make any move. Today is who to marry, tomorrow it will be something else.

2. If He beat you up and left bruises on you once, he is very very likely to do it again. That was a potentially abusive relationship.

3. He sounds like a weak sissy boy who shouldnt be getting married to anyone just yet until he is sure of himself and his decision.

On your second relationship, I don't think you have any relationship. I say so for the following reason;

1. I don't trust Long Distance relationships especially one built on just a barely 6 Months foundation.

My Advise to you::
Stop Chasing Marriage and focus on improving your life and self worth cos I dont like the picture I have of you in my head.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by JOYOSITA(f): 4:52pm On May 11, 2016
Follow your heart my dear.
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by wendyhope: 4:52pm On May 11, 2016
Follow your heart my dear that is the best advice i can give you
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by BoosBae(f): 4:52pm On May 11, 2016
Why will a lady consider going back to a violent relationship Stop loving a man that can send you to an early grave. My dear move on, marriage isn't a do or die affair. Go out there, live your life and be happy. Your man will locate you. Forget about both men.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by sukkot: 4:52pm On May 11, 2016
is the sammys last name okposo ? undecided
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:53pm On May 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? by Jchi9876: 4:54pm On May 11, 2016
cf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? / Six Tips How To Approach & Date Single Military Women / Twitter User Is In Search A Husband For Her Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.