Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos (81815 Views)

Python Killed In Jos Today / Ice Rain In Jos, Plateau State Today (Photos) / Jos Zoo: Escaped Chimpanzee Returned To Its Cage Safe, How It Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by KemiJesus(f): 9:05pm On May 11, 2016
Btruth:
Who was that man again that says "there's no God?"
Great&Awesome God!!!

1 Like

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by nini007(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2016
Lilimax:
LIES!!!
This one na ice blocks from cold room or deep freezers. Period!
Una for show us the real rain fall where Ice block dey fall embarassed

For this kain whether wey dey hot like this for this obodo Nigeria...
Ignorance. Smh
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by miqos02(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2016
ok
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Lilimax(f): 9:24pm On May 11, 2016
nini007:
Ignorance. Smh
Taa!
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by manny4life(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2016
sheunsheun:

My point is sometimes hail is mistaken for snow, just like you here. Did you watch the video?
Obviously you didn't cuz if you do you won't call that snow.

What in the world are you talking about? Mistake hailstone for snow? Are you okay? I watched the video and what I see there is snow, like you need to quit already. You're talking to someone who's experienced both, when snow falls, it's flaky. After a few hours, it turns to ice and if untreated (particularly where's a bunch of it), it turns into serious ice that makes it really difficult to melt. As for hailstones, they are ice ice balls but they quickly melt away anyway more quickly and faster than snow ice... Honestly you need to quit it already.

This is hailstone, you can see the "distinctive" ball shape size

Now wait for me to upload a snow.

Now go back and watch the video again... Tell me the difference. In the meantime, stop arguing because you're dead wrong.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by sheunsheun(m): 9:37pm On May 11, 2016
manny4life:

What in the world are you talking about? Mistake hailstone for snow? Are you okay? I watched the video and what I see there is snow, like you need to quit already. You're talking to someone who's experienced both, when snow falls, it's flaky. After a few hours, it turns to ice and if untreated (particularly where's a bunch of it), it turns into serious ice that makes it really difficult to melt. As for hailstones, they are ice ice balls but they quickly melt away anyway more quickly and faster than snow ice... Honestly you need to quit it already.

This is hailstone, you can see the "distinctive" ball shape size

Now wait for me to upload a snow.
U are the 1 very sick here, you even mistook what you saw in the video as snow? And you didn't listen to the reporter as well? You didn't experience what Kenya experienced 8 years ago so don't tell me you have experience both. Watch the video again and this time use your hearing aids undecided

And if you can't hear you can read. Read exactly what happened here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7596134.stm
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by manny4life(m): 9:40pm On May 11, 2016
sheunsheun:

U are the 1 very sick here, you even mistook what you saw in the video as snow? And you didn't listen to the reporter as well? You didn't experience what Kenya experienced 8 years ago so don't tell me you have experience both. Watch the video again and this time use your hearing aids undecided

It's funny how dumbo's like you argue blindly... What did the reporter say? Storm? Sh1thead, there's also a snowstorm you tard... Quit arguing foolishly.. If you weren't a fucktardious unrepentant slimmy little fuckery of a human, you would state exactly what the reporter said, the playback time and expatiate on it. Arguing with dolts who sit in their living room making foolish argument is what I can't stand. Look at this idiot telling me I haven't experienced both... Look up Snowmageddon in the North East part of the U.S. and you think I don't know what both means? Where do your type resonate from? Keep your stinking idiotic thought process to yourself, your words are less appealing for any sort of arguments. Intelligent people are correcting you that's snow and you're arguing unrelentingly trying so hard to prove how stupppidd you are... Shut the fuccck up already.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by sheunsheun(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2016
manny4life:

It's funny how dumbo's like you argue blindly... What did the reporter say? Storm? Sh1thead, there's also a snowstorm you tard... Quit arguing foolishly.. If you weren't a fucktardious unrepentant slimmy little fuckery of a human, you would state exactly what the reporter said, the playback time and expatiate on it. Arguing with dolts who sit in their living room making foolish argument is what I can't stand.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7596134.stm
I guess you read the article, so who's the dumbo here. And it's surprising you heard snowstorm, well I heard "hailstorm"
The fact that you were abusive shows how irresponsible you are, common you can make a fair and argument without foul words.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by ChrisArs: 9:42pm On May 11, 2016
Nice city with a very nice weather....miss ya
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by manny4life(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2016
sheunsheun:

Again, tell me what exactly the reporter said...

The hail covered 100 acres (40ha) of land and was at least four inches deep, privately-owned NTV station reported.

This shows how stuppidd you guys are... Tell me what hail reaches up to 4 inch deep? I see this stupidity is all around you guys..
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by manny4life(m): 9:50pm On May 11, 2016
sheunsheun:

I guess you read the article, so who's the dumbo here. And it's surprising you heard snowstorm, well I heard "hailstorm"
The fact that you were abusive shows how irresponsible you are, common you can make a fair and argument without foul words.

Oh you feel the heat? Next time when arguing, NEVER EVER throw the first punch. I simply asked you to tell me what the reporter said, and then your next reply is to call me sick... Try it again, and you're done on this thread.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by sheunsheun(m): 9:51pm On May 11, 2016
manny4life:

Again, tell me what exactly the reporter said...

This shows how stuppidd you guys are... Tell me what hail reaches up to 4 inch deep? I see this stupidity is all around you guys..

Residents of a village in central Kenya were shocked to see a blanket of hail resembling snow covering their land.
"I have not seen such a thing ever since I was born," said one resident of Nyahururu.
"Where shall we graze our cattle now? We do not know when this thing will melt," said another.
The Meteorological Department dismissed claims that the area had experienced snowfall, saying it was just hail which did not melt because of cold weather.
There is snow in Kenya - but only on the summit of the nearby Mount Kenya.
The storm caused widespread damage to food crops, grazing fields and greenhouses at a nearby flower farm.
The hail covered 100 acres (40ha) of land and was at least four inches deep, privately-owned NTV station reported.
'Looks like stone'
"You can see this is heavy, it's not powdery the way you'd expect snow to be," said Samuel Mwangi, the assistant director for weather forecasting at the Meteorological Department. "Nyahururu is cooler so when the hail falls, it will tend to linger for hours on the ground," he said.
James Kariuki, a local journalist, said at least 50 acres (20ha) of maize and 10 greenhouses at a flower farm were damaged by the storm.
Many of the villagers said they had never witnessed such an occurrence.
"This is not even rain, it is something that just fell suddenly. Even if you try digging into it, you will not find any water, it just looks like stone," one villager said.
Mr Mwangi said that parts of western Kenya frequently experience hail storms, but there the stones melt instantly due to high temperatures.

I guess you know better than the Meteorologist tootoo undecided
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by sheunsheun(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2016
manny4life:

Oh you feel the heat? Next time when arguing, NEVER EVER throw the first punch. I simply asked you to tell me what the reporter said, and then your next reply is to call me sick... Try it again, and you're done on this thread.
Lol, you asked if i was okay, its a faceless forum bro, i don't know you, you don't know me. But then you have to respect yourself!!!
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Jimi23(m): 9:57pm On May 11, 2016
African snow. Kikikikiki.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by manny4life(m): 9:57pm On May 11, 2016
sheunsheun:

Lol, you asked if i was okay, its a faceless forum bro, i don't know you, you don't know me. But then you have to respect yourself!!!

Asking you if you're okay did not imply that you're sick. Disrespect me, and you have it coming for you. No need to engage you.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by sheunsheun(m): 10:03pm On May 11, 2016
manny4life:

Asking you if you're okay did not imply that you're sick. Disrespect me, and you have it coming for you. No need to engage you.
Peace!!!
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by GuDErboY(m): 10:20pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:
I doubt all this bloggers can make up any news.
Its tru ma'am

1 Like

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by gonkraziiiiii: 10:24pm On May 11, 2016
Ur in ogbodo onyuingbo oooooo so enjoy ..
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by bwazo6: 10:26pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Come to Jos n experience it yourself. Its ReAl

1 Like

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Classiqharry: 10:31pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I wonder how old most of you people posting your comment are, anyway, it is true and i have experience it several times while growing up in Benin in the 80s.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by macof(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2016
Lilimax:
LIES!!!

It is most likely true.

ice falls in the north. ...i experienced it once in Abuja; I thought someone was throwing stones on my roof sad
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by bigtt76(f): 10:44pm On May 11, 2016
With the size of the hail stones displayed in the pix ....one would expect pix of shattered window glasses or cars damaged undecided buh .....#FrontPage hungry dem all so no time tongue
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by spafu(m): 11:01pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:
I witnessed it my sister.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 11, 2016
odiokay:
its a normal occurence in the north

Aaawww the weather must be cooler there... grin
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 11, 2016
gbens2000:
jos i virtualy the coldest part o nigeria,back in my secondary school days,we wear like two sweaters to prevent us from the cold there,its a funny town while some parts are experiencing low rain fall and very hot weather,in jos it could very cold as such.but they are times were its very hot there too

grin thanks for the info boo boo kiss
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by coolxpat(m): 12:10am On May 12, 2016
Lilimax:
LIES!!!

its not a lie my dear... i hv seen bigger size than this in my plaza today. Ice was falling for some few minutes before the rain started
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Nobody: 12:14am On May 12, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
I'm not surprised.
It snows in South Africa, Tanzania, Morocco, Kenya and other African countries.

This is hailstone.
It damages houses and cars worth billions of dollars every year here in the US

it doesn't snow in Tanzania, Kenya and South Africa. Stop telling lies! The ice-caped Kilimajaro is no evidence that it snows in Kenya/Tanzania. South africa is a bit cold, but that's it; there is no snow in SA.

1 Like

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Nobody: 12:18am On May 12, 2016
Lilimax:
LIES!!!

travel round Nigeria and experience other climate. The likes of you would stay in the south only and think that's Nigeria. I am currently in Camp and there was a sand storm. Many people who've never been to the north were astonished by it. The moral lesson is: travel round the country and appreciate what sort of country Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Valwarren: 1:23am On May 12, 2016
I too love that city... grin cool
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by mira4u: 5:03am On May 12, 2016
That means, no one should ever be caught under this kind of rain.
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:13am On May 12, 2016
craziebone:

it doesn't snow in Tanzania, Kenya and South Africa. Stop telling lies! The ice-caped Kilimajaro is no evidence that it snows in Kenya/Tanzania. South africa is a bit cold, but that's it; there is no snow in SA.

Sorry.
I don't talk to ignorant people
Re: Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos by Nobody: 7:17am On May 12, 2016
The block looks like American block,The brick fence looks like that is America,The broom of course is Nigeria.Summary.........Adonbilivitgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mysterious Beast Washes Up On Greek Island. Does Anyone Know Its Name? (Photos) / Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / 70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.