Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:49 PM

Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu (57876 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by introvertedsoul: 8:40pm On May 11, 2016
[size=18pt]2. The exorbitant prices being paid by Nigerians for the product. These prices range on the average from N150 to N250 per litre currently.[/size]

This is just a government of lies and deceit! These people lie way too much!!!
Ahn ahn?!
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Xano(m): 8:40pm On May 11, 2016
Abagworo:

APC was not in existence then. It was NLC

Interesting

All who joined to motivate people to protest, you know them.
Fashola is now minister. Tinubu also among many others.

You are trying hard to spin the wheel to get your favourable reply, but it is pathetic.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by matoyeh(m): 8:41pm On May 11, 2016
ajebuter:
Ko ni daa fun gbogbo ijoba ati awon ti won fe tun ni mekunnu ati talaka lara ju bayi lo

Owo epo tun maa di N145 abi? Ounje won gogo, ko sie ina, generator ni gbogbo waa nlo, owo oko lo soke laala

Ijoba aninilara yi tun fikun inira gbogbo ilu?

Olorun a nii gbogbo eyin ika yii lara tomotomo. Ko sie iye billion te le ko pamo to ma gba yin lowo iya lati odo Olorun

Awon oloriburuku gbogbo.

Cc firefire,
oloriburuku ni won! Aye won ma baje ni!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by comrChris(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2016
isnovic:
I have noticed GMB is always out whenever such announcement are to be made.

Deliberately absent, he should have personally made this announcement instead of handing over is responsibilities to a Junior minister for that matter.

Insensitive.
have noticed that too, he is trying so hard to play smart on nigerians but unfortunately we are wiser

Now the suffering continue, the implication of action by fed govt led by APC n buhari is way beyond fuel subsidy, $ will smile over # again n price of goods in the market will definitely go high leaving the common man in pain

posterity will not fail to judge these heart hearted,stubborn leader(s) we have now for this hardship they have subjected nigerians to

for the person saying that the circumstances surrounding d removal in the last administration n now are not the same, then l ask what circumstance? did your hatred for Gej n his actions allow you to see beyond then n the benefit? you people should just accept you are hypocrisies..
mind you PMB is not yet a saint or betterstill free until someone else enters that seat and find him not guilty of anything

useless,insensitive govt

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by hardcorevin(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2016
onexile:
I have not seen a shameless country such Nigeria before!

**Spites on Nigeria**

As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another......Once elected they become God on earth,they become Untouchable,unreachable and Egocentric.
They just dont care about us,Tank God for ‪#‎ Media‬,its the Weapon of we Poor Masses!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by mare23ayo(m): 8:49pm On May 11, 2016
yemmynoni:
Hmmmmm

Ka sha ma Dupe
I think Kachikwu and PMB are very smart. They make petrol scarce for one year then remove subsidy so, we are too tired to complain.
Affirmative!!!
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by nikkyshyne(f): 8:49pm On May 11, 2016
I swear down! Relocation on my mind!!!
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by adeniyisamuel59(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2016
TheDavidAbraham:
The removal of subsidies of any kind is always a smart economic move. We must not be short-sighted, and give in to the pull of immediate gratification.
You will be remembered in due time when the change you expect does not come.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by CSTR5: 8:51pm On May 11, 2016
billyG:

****was APC in existence then?
The principal actors were in existence.
Tinubu, buhari and co were existence then.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ajebuter(f): 8:54pm On May 11, 2016
Sundouglas:
Yes I campaigned massively for Buhari/Osinbajo,I canvassed votes for APC at all levels.I was almost shot point blank on the election day enroute to Ikoyi to cast my vote.I wanted CHANGE desperately and not political office or patronage.Nigerians have suffered too much,oppressed and decimated by elected 'Rulers' who are driven by greed and corruption.APC this is NOT the change I voted for...It's unethical and unjustifiable to increase the price of petrol to N145.It's sheer wickedness!

I bid you GOOD MORNING sir.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by rexzqcom(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2016
Reference:

If deregulation had taken place then, we will have saved close to 3 trillion naira or its dollar equivalent. More importantly any price increases resulting from exchange rates will have been tracked like any other commodity. I will always tell Nigerians, inflation happens in every country in the world. Prices of goods and services will always increase. That is a given. What is different in iur case is that we seem to prefer jolts rather than creep. You can adjust to creep but jolts leave a bitter taste and a backlash than paralyses the economic system and prevents rational thinking. Why we let things rot to the point of catastrophic failure baffles me.

Correct. Prices don't only goes up, they also comes down as market supply and demand dictates. Regulatory interventions distorts prices as you said.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by totorimi: 9:04pm On May 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You guys aint seen nothing yet, this is just the beginning. Government of the more you look the less you see. The same people that said subsidy was a scam, and the same people that called out drummers to protest removal of fuel subsidy are now removing it through the back door. SMH for them all.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by rexzqcom(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2016
ajebuter:
Ko ni daa fun gbogbo ijoba ati awon ti won fe tun ni mekunnu ati talaka lara ju bayi lo

Owo epo tun maa di N145 abi? Ounje won gogo, ko sie ina, generator ni gbogbo waa nlo, owo oko lo soke laala

Ijoba aninilara yi tun fikun inira gbogbo ilu?

Olorun a nii gbogbo eyin ika yii lara tomotomo. Ko sie iye billion te le ko pamo to ma gba yin lowo iya lati odo Olorun

Awon oloriburuku gbogbo.

Cc firefire,

Translation please. Seems U're saying something interesting.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by 18wheeler: 9:06pm On May 11, 2016
And they should also deregulate refining so all the "illegal" refineries will become legitimate, and being regulated too. So that as we have leberality in importation we'll also do in local refining. How we disparage local technology to the advantage of imperialists. We may just marvel at the benefits we will derive if those "locals" are allowed to refine.and sell legitimately. My thoughts strictly.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by iyerikan12: 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
Nonsense, please if you are confused seek for advice from your immediate pass president. no be lie u dissapointed Nigerians .
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chrisx1x(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2016
The prices of things are already expensive due to the dollar issue,what will happen when transportation cost is increased.we all know that due to lack of electricity,generator plants have been the only reason why many businesses are surviving today.so, it is now a crime to be poor abi?God !!!what have we done
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ajebuter(f): 9:15pm On May 11, 2016
rexzqcom:

Translation please. Seems U're saying something interesting.

I wont be able to vent my spleen as much as i would like to if i had written that in English hence i resorted to cursing the government , their sponsors as well as progeny and everyone that makes it their mandate to stretch the masses beyond poverty level

I just packaged ijebu curses to them via nairaland and that's about it in a nutshell
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ken4jj(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2016
Can an anything good come out from a nation of Hypocrites?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by dkings101(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
SweetGuy225:
How much will NNPC be selling a litre? Are we going to buy locally refined fuel from government refineries for 145 naira?

Since I was born and now I am getting old I ve never seen any NNPC station selling fuel. Another failed corporation tat need to be privatise.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by rexzqcom(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
ajebuter:

I wont be able to vent my spleen as much as i would like to if i had written that in English hence i resorted to cursing the government , their sponsors as well as progeny and everyone that makes it their mandate to stretch the masses beyond poverty level

I just packaged ijebu curses to them via nairaland and that's about it in a nutshell

O.k., thanks for the summary.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Dapsin2901: 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
Just wait and see the goodness of APC power
Reference:

There's no where to go to. You have burnt all your bridges. You're now between a rock and a hard place.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Doyin2(m): 9:26pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

Apologize for what?

How can you be comparing the situation for years ago,to now?

Four years ago,we had enough petro dollars to pay for subsidy.Now,the petro dollar is no more there! Economics dynamics have changed and the fact that a policy was opposed four years ago does not mean it could not be implemented four years later!
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chrisx1x(m): 9:28pm On May 11, 2016
mmrius:
We shall overcome. Nigeria will not destroy nor defeat us.

My fellow Nigerians, if the LORD is leading you to relocate, please do and if He is telling you to stay and weather the storm also do because better days are ahead. But as for me and my household, we are out of Nigeria at first light.
i have always been very reluctant when it comes to leaving nigeria to other country to reside but am begining to see things differently now.am still young but hopefully when i finish school,i plan on leaving this Godamm country.am gradually losing every bit of hope i ever had for this country.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by 500samuel(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2016
nwakibie3:

Read the press release again, NLC and othe trade unions were part of the meeting so expect no strike or revolution from them

nlc don scam us
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Frankamah11(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmm....then something shud be done about the inconsistent rise and fall of dollar value.so that importers can import and sell at a reasonable and affordable price to common Nigerian citizen. If not,then our importers will become multi a trillion I area over night.
.....JUST THINKING..
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chrisx1x(m): 9:39pm On May 11, 2016
Mast:
But why is this Govt so insensitive? Why does this guy get to give such heart breaking announcements when every His Boss is out of town? Why make life more difficult for the poor masses that stood hours under the sun to cast a vote? With increase in Price from Pure water to Garri and to Transportation!
Why must we continue suffering?
GEJ didn't do this much for 4years he was crucified! Now in less than a year life has been more than miserable!
Pls NLC should Stage some action, ALUTA CONTINUA............
PMB APC this na d Change
i was hoping for that until i read the news in full.They held a meeting with NLC and other stake holders
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by eph12(m): 9:40pm On May 11, 2016
logica:
From what I read, no matter the exchange or price of oil, a marketer cannot sell above 145.
From what you understand not what you read.

How logical do you think it is for the prices to remain the same? Government will not render any assistance in sourcing for dollars and so when the marketers spend more to import they should maintain same price? Think am na. They are not there to make loss. If government insists on this benchmark price then we are heading for another fuel scarcity soon. We should just hope dollar doesn't go further than this.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Leke001: 9:42pm On May 11, 2016
chikel2000:
Hmm, tot APC criticized GEJ for this. Just asking

God go catch them...
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chrisx1x(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2016
Jayetiti:
at least now we know the APC government are bunch of scammers n liars, come 2019 till end of Nigeria SAY NO TO APC .
i dont know if we can bear this anymore.its not even up to 1yr since we voted them in.do you think we can survive the next 3yrs if they continue this way?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by bilazego(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

PDP mustn't allow APC to remove subsidy on PMS
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Edunwa302(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2016
nwakibie3:

Read the press release again, They are part of the meeting so expect nthn from them
Wait like seriously?
Nigeria is back to her vomit

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mama Taraba After Surgery (Photo) / Kidnappers, Unknown Gunmen On The Loose In Anambra. Launch Several Attacks(Pics) / Prewedding Photo Of Fatima Buhari And Ya'u Gimba Kumo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.