Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany (752 Views)

Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / ALLAH Has Hands / Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Newnas(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2016
Allaah Has Named us "Muslims," So Why call ourselves "Salafi"?

This doubt was very beautifully answered by Imaam al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah) in his discussion with someone on this subject, recorded on the cassette entitled "I am Salafi." Here is a presentation of the vital parts of it:

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "When it is said to you, 'What is your madhhab', what is your reply?"

Questioner: "A Muslim."

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "This is not sufficient!"

Questioner: "Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ on account of 'aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them - the Shi'ite Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi - would say, "I am a Muslim." Hence, this is not sufficient in these days."

Questioner: "In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah."

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "This is not sufficient either."

Questioner: "Why?"

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, 'I am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah?" Who is the one who says, 'I am not upon the Book and the Sunnah?'"

[At this point, the Shaikh began explaining in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih (righteous predecessors).]

Questioner: "In that case, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih."

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?"

Questioner: "Yes".

Shaikh al-Albaanee: "What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicate the desired intent, so we say, 'Salafi'?" End of quotation of transcript. .........

Hence, the point is that naming with "Muslim" or "Sunni" is not enough, since everyone will claim that - even the Sufi and the Kharijee and the Ikhwani and the Tableeghi. And Shaikh emphasized the importance of the truth being distinguished from the falsehood. Shaikh al-Albaanee mentioned that our 'aqidah and manhaj must be taken from the Salaf us-Salih (Prophet and his companions, the tabi'een, and the tabi tabi'een) and not from the various sects and groups whose understandings are based upon those of their mentors and leaders, or their own opinion.

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk.

1 Like

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Empiree: 8:22pm On May 11, 2016
This is CLEAR INNOVATION implemented by Sheikh Albany (ra). If Sufi sheik said the same thing would he not be critisized for going against the Book of Allah? .

No word, no imam, no book, no Sheik can abrogate Allah's word.

Allah named us Muslims. Full Stop!

What this Sheikh said contributed to menace in the muslim world today in the name of following "Qur'an & Sunnah".
Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by AlBaqir(m): 8:24pm On May 11, 2016
^Wahabiyah...Salafiyah? Paint it anyhow you like. Your manhaj under the tutelage of Nasibi Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab al-Najd has been condemned by Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa Ahli, as "qarn shaitan". There is no faith and no path without the wilayah of Ahlulbayt.
Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Newnas(m): 9:36pm On May 11, 2016
Empiree:
This is CLEAR INNOVATION implemented by Sheikh Albany (ra). If Sufi sheik said the same thing would he not be critisized for going against the Book of Allah? .

No word, no imam, no book, no Sheik can abrogate Allah's word.

Allah named us Muslims. Full Stop!

What this Sheikh said contributed to menace in the muslim world today in the name of following "Qur'an & Sunnah".

@bolded see how you contradict yourself!!!
It's right to attribute oneself to baseless sufiyyah but it's wrong to attribute oneself to the righteous predecessors of this ummah.

It's right to call oneself Sufi, shaziliy, solaty, adaby etc which cannot be traced back to the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam and his companions but it's wrong to attribute oneself to the righteous predecessors i.e salaf of the ummah.

So, tell me who else has the right to be followed and attributed to than the righteous predecessors. Salaf Solih.

Surah Yunus, Verse 32:
فَذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمُ الْحَقُّ فَمَاذَا بَعْدَ الْحَقِّ إِلَّا الضَّلَالُ فَأَنَّىٰ تُصْرَفُونَ

Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Newnas(m): 9:39pm On May 11, 2016
AlBaqir:
^[s]Wahabiyah...Salafiyah? Paint it anyhow you like. Your manhaj under the tutelage of Nasibi Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab al-Najd has been condemned by Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa Ahli, as "qarn shaitan". There is no faith and no path without the wilayah of Ahlulbayt.[/s]

Me and you don't practice the same religion in the first place Mr. Shia.

Surah Al-Kafiroon, Verse 6:
لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ

"To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

2 Likes

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Empiree: 11:43pm On May 11, 2016
Newnas:

@bolded see how you contradict yourself!!!
It's right to attribute oneself to baseless sufiyyah but it's wrong to attribute oneself to the righteous predecessors of this ummah.

It's right to call oneself Sufi, shaziliy, solaty, adaby etc which cannot be traced back to the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam and his companions but it's wrong to attribute oneself to the righteous predecessors i.e salaf of the ummah.

So, tell me who else has the right to be followed and attributed to than the righteous predecessors. Salaf Solih.

Surah Yunus, Verse 32:
فَذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمُ الْحَقُّ فَمَاذَا بَعْدَ الْحَقِّ إِلَّا الضَّلَالُ فَأَنَّىٰ تُصْرَفُونَ

Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

You don't get it, do you?. It's all wrong to say I'm sufi, I'm salafi, I'm this, I'm that.

I AM MUSLIM, period.

None has absolute truth and all of them aren't wrong either. If you think everyone is wrong and SALAFI is the only "saved sect", you live in lala land.

Looks like you just got this idea of salafi lately. Bro, take chill pill. If you want to claim salafism means following the way of aslaf, then, you gotta understand that sufis claim exact same thing. They said sahabas are sufis which means they are people of spiritual insight. They are people of "firasa". That's what they mean. They don't mean sufism as sect. But I'm aware of sufi sect which is pretty much irrelevant to me.

And when is sazili, solati and adabi, become sects?. I'm learning that for the first time cheesy

1 Like

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Newnas(m): 11:55pm On May 11, 2016
Empiree:
You don't get it, do you?. It's all wrong to say I'm sufi, I'm salafi, I'm this, I'm that.

I AM MUSLIM, period.

None has absolute truth and all of them aren't wrong either. If you think everyone is wrong and SALAFI is the only "saved sect", you live in lala land.

Looks like you just get this either of salafi lately. Bro, take chill pill. If you want to claim salafism means following the way of aslaf, then, you gotta understand that sufis claim exact same thing. They said sahabas are sufis which means they are people of spiritual insight. They are people of "firasa". That's what they mean. They don't mean sufism as sect. But I'm aware of sufi sect which is pretty much irrelevant to me.

And when is sazili, solati and adabi, become sects?. I'm learning that for the first time cheesy

Sufism and the companions are far apart. They don't meet. They are not even comparable.

Only one who is a stark ignorant or follower of desires will say such.

Following the salaf i.e pious predecessors is the only way to being saved.

say No to:
#Innovation
#partisanship
#Self Desires
#Dogmatism

2 Likes

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Empiree: 12:19am On May 12, 2016
If you have a little bit of aql, you would have comprehended my point. Enough said

walaikum Salaam bro
Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by AlBaqir(m): 8:12am On May 12, 2016
Empiree:
If you have a little bit of aql, you would have comprehended my point. Enough said

walaikum Salaam bro

grin Funny bro. Have you ever seen a Wahabi-filled brain with Aql?

1 Like

Re: But Allah Has Named Us Muslims - Imam Albany by Newnas(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2016
^^Surah Al-Araf, Verse 199:
خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ

Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don't punish them).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If Dajjal Were To Appear Today / Nùn / Help A Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.