Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? (9243 Views)

How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / What Do You Tell Your Current Employer If You Want To Go For Interview Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Oluseguntee: 3:58am On May 12, 2016
I recently got a job this month. Their pay is actually good compared to others. Before I resumed there, I had done a test somewhere else which promises to pay better than this one I am working in. They now called me this week for a final test that will come up next week. My problem is how do you tell my present work place you have an interview somewhere else considering I just resumed with them. Note: I took permission for something few days ago. Please help a bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by AntiWailer: 6:00am On May 12, 2016
Just this month ?

Look for an emergency excuse ooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by alatbaba1(m): 6:14am On May 12, 2016
Better look for another excuse, ur boss will not find it funny if u leave for another interview else whr.

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by spicytayomic(m): 6:33am On May 12, 2016
Here to learn
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by hottathanfire(m): 6:34am On May 12, 2016
You can't eat your cake and have it....Unless you are a magician.

if it is absolutely impossible for you
to take a day off,
1. fall sick intentionally and the hospital will be ur interview and show up at work the following day looking healthier than all your co-workers

2. lie that your mum's mother sister paternal grandma died (the idea is to confuse him) and that you are suppose to dig the grave according to tradition or the consequence will be that your boss will die in 7days (the idea is to give him knockout that will make him give you one month off)

And if these didn't work, then read my first sentence again and resign if it is worth it cos you will create a job for another job seeker. GOODLUCK!!!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Nobody: 6:35am On May 12, 2016
Just call in sick and go for your interview. The "I'm sick" excuse has always been saving employees since the days of Adam, it can never be overused. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Prodigee: 6:35am On May 12, 2016
just disappear

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by sundayslim(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2016
Why not apply for a casual leave? That would enable you take like half a day off to go for your test.

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by olafunny(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2016
FAKE YOUR DEATH

AND WAKE UP AFTER THE INTERVIEW

11 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by englishmart(m): 6:36am On May 12, 2016
sir, I will be travelling to Enugu for my great great grand Father's burial. It will take just 2 days

2 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by ifyeez: 6:38am On May 12, 2016
Are you not in Nigeria, use the current fuel price increments as an excuse. In other news you can give me ur current job b4 leaving, as am jobless. grin
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Jobsdome: 6:39am On May 12, 2016
Hmm wisdom is of the essence.
Job Vacancies available on www.tipsdome.com/category/jobs
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Kelly2713(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2016
emergency excuse or u stay there and wink that your small eyeballs
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Herapal(m): 6:45am On May 12, 2016
Tell him that your great great grand father is crying day and night in the village calling Oluwaseguntee, He wants to give you his blessing urgently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by labamo07(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2016
Must you tell? some people sha..............
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by dandollaz: 6:54am On May 12, 2016
The day Before the d day of the interview.hold your stomach and shout that it bites you hard,if possible fell on ground and hokd ur stomach tight,they will beg u to go hospital.yhank me later.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by refreshrate: 6:54am On May 12, 2016
LastMumu:
Just call in sick and go for your interview. The "I'm sick" excuse has always been saving employees since the days of Adam, it can never be overused. undecided

Don't forget to lie on your back with your head over the edge of the bed when you make the call.

Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by carolope(f): 7:00am On May 12, 2016
Well, I just read this so if any of my employees fall sick today....
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by eph12(m): 7:03am On May 12, 2016
You just resumed work and you're thinking of jumping out already? There's no excuse for this bro. You already creating bad impression as someone who has a lot of baggage and won't be OK as a employee and colleague.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Larryfest(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2016
Just simply say 'oga i wan go do interview' ...i mean how hard can that be naa??. Lol,seriously just cook up a story a very solid one too.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by babs01(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2016
very simple. oga 2moro i dey go visit inlaw my moda inlaw born new baby
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2016
carolope:
Well, I just read this so if any of my employees fall sick today....
grin grin grin
Lol.. Smart boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Aikon: 7:12am On May 12, 2016
find a good excuse.

I pray your boss doesn't turn out to be one of the interviewer at the job you're going for

3 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by lomprico(m): 7:14am On May 12, 2016
Turn off ur phone n go. Wen u show up, tell him u entered one chance.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by sen8or(m): 7:16am On May 12, 2016
Just tell ur boss u will b sick that interview day........na joke ooo,
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Waleabimbola(m): 7:23am On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
I recently got a job this month. Their pay is actually good compared to others. Before I resumed there, I had done a test somewhere else which promises to pay better than this one I am working in. They now called me this week for a final test that will come up next week. My problem is how do you tell my present work place you have an interview somewhere else considering I just resumed with them. Note: I took permission for something few days ago. Please help a bro.

Just say you have USA visa interview and the date has been given to you before you got your present job.tell your boss you will be done before 12 noon.(you know you won't be done anyway,just to keep him calm)

7 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by alobright17(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
Village people on rampage putting confusion in peeps mind since time immemorial.

3 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Sunnypar(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
Segun.... This is what you want to do abi, you will meet me in the office today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by butanep(m): 7:36am On May 12, 2016
If you are a typical Nigerian, you will know what to do...

We face such situation daily.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by AprokoNaija: 7:36am On May 12, 2016
With all these advises I will be waiting and see if segun will not report to work today...

4 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by AgentGoat: 7:41am On May 12, 2016
AprokoNaija:
With all these advises I will be waiting and see if segun will not report to work today...
you know him? grin

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by julyb(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2016
Simply tell him you are so broke. no money for transport. you had to borrow some money from a friend to make it to work again. you are good to go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety" / What You Should Know About Some Interviews / An Unexpected Way To Stop People From Quitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.