Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,815 members, 7,798,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient (490 Views)

Fake Doctor Arrested For Killing Patients In Ondo State / Quack Doctor Arrested In Lagos After 11 Years Practice (photo) / Fake Female Doctor Arrested In Cross River (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient by phoneport(m): 6:41am On May 12, 2016
– Victim had kept mum about incident after its occurrence
– Police source says the ‘doctor’ admitted to having an affair with the lady
– Informs that he has since been arrested while investigation continues
– Anti-sexual violence team counsels ladies on opening their private parts to male doctors
A trado-medical doctor is presently under investigation by the Isokoko police division, Ayobo, Lagos for allegedly forcing a patient.
The lady, Funmilayo (pseudonym), who is a 26-year-old National Diploma holder from a polytechnic in Lagos was said to have gotten pregnant after the said act.
According to The Punch findings, the lady was an ulcer patient in the Ipaja Ayobo area of the state, who approached the doctor’s Damola Healthcare for treatment on her ailment.
But, the doctor, simply identified as Abiodun, maneuvered the treatment and forcefully slept with her, and when he discovered that she had gotten pregnant from the act, asked her to abort the pregnancy.
Funmilayo had been asked to pay N18,000 by Abiodun’s workers after prescribing some herbal drugs for her treatment, and she reportedly deposited N10,000
But when there was no improvement in her situation, the lady requested to meet with Abiodun for further counselling in January 2016. And after conducting some tests on her, the doctor allegedly told her that she had womb infections and she needed to be further examined, giving her another date (two days after) to come for proper examination.
The lady, it was gathered, had gotten to the hospital as early as 7am for fear of testing to womb infection. The doctor reportedly arrived at about 8am and invited Funmilayo to his office, asking her to UnCloth to have her private parts examined.
It was during this period that the doctor allegedly molested the lady and pleaded with her not to disclose their affair to anybody.
But, according to a police source, the lady could no longer keep the secret when in February, she discovered that she was pregnant and that the doctor had asked her to carry out an abortion.
“The ‘doctor’ agreed he had an affair with her, but he insisted that the victim should get rid of the pregnancy. The lady insisted that she would not risk her life to go for an abortion since she was not promiscuous. When the matter got to the Ayobo division, the ‘doctor’ was arrested and made to promise to take care of the lady. But after he was granted bail, the promise was not kept,” the police source explained.
The victim also narrated her ordeal, saying:
“On that day, when he arrived, we went into his office. He asked me to lie on the bed as he would insert a rubber tool into my private parts for examination. I did. My legs were far apart. He did that for some minutes, and suddenly I noticed he inserted his private parts.
“I shouted, but the cleaner did not come in. He stopped when he ejaculated. Immediately, he began to apologise that he did not know what came over him. I vowed not to return to the centre. I did not tell anybody because I thought I should just forget about it.
“It was in February that I found out I could not menstruate. I went for a scan, but nothing showed. By March, I went for another scan, and it showed that I was pregnant for six weeks and four days. When I informed him, he suggested abortion, which I rejected. That was how the trouble began.”
Lola Vivour-Adeniyi, the coordinator of the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) which has taken up the case, also counseled female patients to insist on having female nurses/doctors around in the hospital room whenever their private parts need to be examined by a male doctor.
“This is a rape by a traditional doctor which has now resulted in pregnancy. We requested that the case be transferred to the Family Support Unit of the Isokoko division from Ayobo division. The Department of Public Prosecutions has also requested the duplicate case file. The DSVRT has referred the victim to the OPD to get legal representation. She is also being given antenatal care at the Mirabel Centre.
“It must be emphasised that women must ensure that a female nurse is in the examination room whenever their private parts are to be examined by a male doctor.If that was done in this case, such sexual assault would not have taken place,” she noted.
Confirming the incident, SP Dolapo Badmos, the Lagos state police public relations officer, noted that “The ‘doctor’ has been arrested. The case is still under investigation.”

source: https://www.naij.com/827397-doctor-asks-patient-open-thighs-insert-equipment-insert-instead.html?source=index_main
Re: Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient by akp202(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2016
Some doctors can be really funny
Re: Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient by gisthit: 6:51am On May 12, 2016
He is a disgrace to his profession
Re: Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient by phoneport(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2016
I know this must have happened to other female victims out there, it is a crime and the doctor must be punished.
Re: Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting, Impregnating Patient by akunjohn(m): 7:20am On May 12, 2016
Awon werey meji lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Sad See What Happen To This Man Sleeping With Lenses / Shocking Symptoms Of Blood Cancer. But, Surprisingly, Treatments Are Simple Too / 3 Easy Steps To Get Rid Of Dandruff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.