Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari (18205 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / Opinion: Should Tony Elumelu Contest Presidency 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by KOLZY(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2016
its obvious he has been hexed
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by tolustx(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2016
Talk is cheap. And has he gotten the followership that will ensure his victory in the election if he contests in the first place.?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by confirmerg(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2016
imsu is on strike and he want to go for presidency. It is a joke, he just want recognition and want Buhari to wipe wash his misdeeds.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by shamecurls(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2016
Okorocha is the only option for an Eastern president to emerge due to his ties with the North.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by kennmudia: 11:51am On May 12, 2016
blueto:
Nigeria was the 3rd fastest growing economy under GEJ/PDP. Now, Nigeria is no longer part of 10 top fastest growing economy in Africa under the Buhari.

What a fabulous achievement for Buhari. Nigeria is now one of the fastest retrogressing economy under Buhari .

https://www.thecable.ng/15-fastest-growing-economies-africa-nigeria-not-one?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6920219177

you dont seem to learn, do you? the west doesn't praise you if they aren't benefiting from you. i am not a buhari fighters club member, neither am i into partisan politics, but i remain objective as a nigerian. we are not retrogressing in any way.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by BarryX(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:
No way for any other politician in 2019 as far as PMB is still contesting.

And if you doubt me, tell us who you think has a 50% chance of defeating him?
As at 2012 do you think Buhari stood a chance of winning the presidency?

Just relax events will play themselves out

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by folks4luv(f): 11:54am On May 12, 2016
who will even vote for this this man? one of the few politicians that have succeeded in disappointing me.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 11:55am On May 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Okorocha is the only option for an Eastern president to emerge due to his ties with the North.

Tell them.. cos they dnt know

They think politics is about gamble.. Eyi je eyi o je

Okorocha d true son of his father
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by tammie24: 11:55am On May 12, 2016
Even if you contest in 2038 your chances of winning is Zippo!!!
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by omobaekiti: 11:56am On May 12, 2016
blueto:
Nigeria was the 3rd fastest growing economy under GEJ/PDP. Now, Nigeria is no longer part of 10 top fastest growing economy in Africa under the Buhari.

What a fabulous achievement for Buhari. Nigeria is now one of the fastest retrogressing economy under Buhari .

https://www.thecable.ng/15-fastest-growing-economies-africa-nigeria-not-one?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6920219177
Did buhari roll back Nigeria,did you listen to aunty ngozi last year...even if your hero gej is the president we are still going to face this meltdown...instead if sitting down and bemoaning our fate,its high time to pull up our sleeves and make meaningful contributions to the progress of this country as that is the only solution. l,not wailing nor zombeism...but patriotism.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On May 12, 2016
God & devil forbid i re-vote d heartless nomad/apc come 2019!...i'll proudly waste my vote on kowa.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by DropShot: 11:57am On May 12, 2016
BarryX:
As at 2012 do you think Buhari stand a chance of winning the presidency?

Just relax events will play themselves out
Buhari had always stood a chance but for rigging.

Go check records.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nasiruddeen(m): 11:59am On May 12, 2016
Dear South South/South East Friend! Have you really taken time to study the recently released Zoning arrangement of the PDP? Build up to the last general elections, one of your campaign propaganda was that the APC is a Northern and Muslim party whose only agenda is to islamise Nigeria and play ethnic card. You criticise every aspect of the party and tagged your PDP as a National party. Your Generals in the South South and South East massively rigged elections (write results) for your party to have a place in the SE and SS, using Federal might and all institutions connected thereof. Aside, the massive rigging, do you in your heart of heart think PDP would been able to win up to 8 States? Now, your party has zoned all major party positions to the North including the position of the National Chairman which by the scheming of their actors is officially prepared for the current Acting National Chairman, and Chief Boko Haram actor, Ali Modu Sheriff. Looking at the scheme, PDP is planning to transmute Ali Modu Sheriff to their Presidential Candidate in 2019. Dear Friends: what will you campaign on? By the way, Dr Doyin Okupe, a PDP man and former SSA to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan summarises it in a sentence, "No Nigerian Northern politician alive is as popular as Buhari and it will remain so for sometimes." Let me also add that, No PDP man as of now can stand the popularity of the APC, given the spread of the APC, the calibre of politicians in it, the power of incumbency, and of course the perception of Nigerians about the PDP - the party that ruin their country for 16 years. No matter the level of propaganda, President Buhari means well for Nigerians. You have beclouded your sense of reasoning with too much sentiment, but will that stop APC's victory in 2019, NO. What is the voting demographic of the SS and SE to give you this false illusion? Congratulations to the APC in advance.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by klinro(m): 11:59am On May 12, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]lol someone that can't even develop is state wants to make Nigeria great...lmfao!
I hope he's been sarcastic undecided
[/size]

As in ehh. Develop your state first before thinking of Nigeria
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Kingzy4pep(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2016
As if anyone is ready to vote him in. I doubt if this mofo has realised he failed Imo state..
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by whitebeard(m): 12:01pm On May 12, 2016
undecided

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by misscall247: 12:06pm On May 12, 2016
this gay governor
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by NovusHomo(m): 12:06pm On May 12, 2016
eph12:
No link or anything?
By the way he is never going to win

NEVER! And by the way, neither will any other from his area. You don't hand over a country to those who seem committed to its division.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Megaideas(f): 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
Sycophant Okorocha. When we stop singing praises for leaders who perform below expectation, then we wiill see meaningful pogress.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by tete7000(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
hemartins:
I doubt there would be a match with Buhari in the next election.
But I have a feeling, Buhari might give us a shocker by not contesting for presidency in 2019.

For your mind you think Buhari is not a man obsessed with power. You have been deceived by those lying to you the man is modest and has integrity. I tell you a critical look at the man will prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Ibyno(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2016
DIS PEOPLE SHOULD PRAY TO SEE TOMORROW, U NEED TO BE ALIVE TO GOVERN YOUR PEOPLE . I DOUBT BUHARI HEALTH WILL ALLOW HIM TO CONTEST IN 2019 .

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by melinga(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2016
Idiot man.... Taaaa ge ra ra hia
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by drey076(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2016
As I be APC zombie, I would rather vote for pdp candidate
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Orikinla(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2016
ujoatu:
GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA SAYS HE WON’T RUN FOR PRESIDENCY IN 2019 BECAUSE OF PRESIDENT BUHARI

Governor of Imo State and the chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Governors’ Forum, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said that he won’t contest the 2019 presidential election because of President Mohammadu Buhari, adding that the President has so far shown leadership and should be encouraged to that effect.

Governor Okorocha had spoken weekend while answering questions from senior media practitioners who he had conducted around some of the key projects of his administration stressing that his long-time desire for the presidency of the country has been to provide the much needed leadership, and said since President Buhari has shown that kind of courageous, visionary and people-oriented leadership, the best bet for him at the moment is to encourage and support him to continue beyond 2019.

He continued, “Yes, I have been running for the presidency of this great nation until God said I should settle for the Imo governorship. And that passion to become the president of the country is not just borne out of the thirst for the position, but had arisen out of the eagerness to offer the nation and her people a strong leadership, the essence would be to build a nation of our collective dreams and aspirations.”

He further remarked “President Buhari came in almost one year now and within the one year, Nigeria has once again got the doors of the rest of the world opened for her. He has shown courage, confidence, maturity and strong leadership. There is now high feelings of leadership in the country.

According to him, “what the President therefore needs in the circumstance is to be supported and encouraged to continue the good work even after 2019. For that reason, I have decided to keep my presidential ambition aside. It is also believed that others with such ambition would also want President Buhari to be given the required support to continue the good job, to a very large extent.”

Governor Okorocha also urged the media personnel in the project tour to also appreciate what President Buhari is doing for the nation at the moment by backing his policies and programmes in the overall interest of the nation, noting that the President has so far shown quality leadership.

The Imo Governor said, “God loves this country, and had also shown such love by making it possible for Buhari to emerge as President, because if the PDP had been allowed to continue in power beyond 2015, the nation and her people would have been in for it by now.

He urged Nigerians to continue to pray for the president.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by wordychap: 12:13pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

Talking as if buhari is doing well presently
In 2019 he'll be defeated if he allows a free n fair election
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Charly68: 12:17pm On May 12, 2016
You can't govern IMO state correctly & you want to govern Nigeria ? This man must be a comical actor . Even to pay the salary of his state workers is a big problem,he has destroyed the third tier structures of governance ..marginalised local govt administration in IMO state & yet aspiring to govern the centre. Nonsensical ambition indeed .
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by eph12(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2016
NovusHomo:

NEVER! And by the way, neither will any other from his area. You don't hand over a country to those who seem committed to its division.
Don't know about never from his side. Whether from his side or not the suffering is increasing everyday. We are advised to suffer and smile always. Hope you are too my brother?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by eyeview: 12:27pm On May 12, 2016
Smartsyn:
Haha, even without Buhari, your failure will break the Guinness book of Record.

In fact, I stand a better chance than Okorocha in the presidential elections, because at least my kins men will vote for me..
If okorocha comes up unopposed,I will just ask you your party's logo and vote there,I don't even need to know who you are cos I know that whoever you are,you will do better than him

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by 4nobody4every1: 12:28pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

True, wailers food don done ooo

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Smartsyn(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2016
eyeview:

If okorocha comes up unopposed,I will just ask you your party's logo and vote there,I don't even need to know who you are cos I know that whoever you are,you will do better than him
hahaha, my brother, you're very wicked..
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Lanre01(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2016
sad sad
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by oluwafeolami(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2016
As if he was ever gonna win. Joke of d century

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ize-iyamu Visits Prince Of Benin, Ehenede / Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says / Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.