Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker (28824 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by 360frolic(m): 9:26am On May 12, 2016
We ladies know it can be quite tasking balancing a relationship with a full-time job, especially if he has a different job from yours. Some of us, whether as a first or last resort, take to dating a co-worker.

This can be very easy to fall into, because the more time you spend in the office together, the more likely it is that you get close to this your male co-worker. It is a natural process and happens a lot. However, some people go beyond a friendship and start dating their co-worker. Many women like to keep their affair under wraps and away from the office right? So what could be the reason for it? Well, whatever the reasons, let’s consider some hard truths about dating the office hottie.

1. Dating a co-worker leads to gossip

When a person dates a fellow colleague, ultimately other people in the office will start gossiping about the relationship. This might not go down well with the boss. Therefore, if one dates a coworker, the affair should be kept as a secret. People may start to question if you got a promotion or an incentive because of your relationship with Bob the HR Guy. Be prepared for the office rumour mill.

2. Personal difference might lead to trouble

In every relationship, there might be arguments and fights in a relationship. Unfortunately, you don’t get to storm off to work and leave your problems at home. They are following you to work and you have to deal with them all day. This might affect professional relationships.

3. Breaking up is difficult

Breaking up an affair with a co-worker is all the more difficult, for the simple reason that you both have to work in the same office! The tension may cause someone to resign or ask to transfer.

4. Dating the boss: Win or Lose

This situation can take you at a higher position or you could end up losing your job. Dating the boss means there will most likely be special preferences: from rewards to bonus and references. However, this might not go well with the other co-workers in the office. Eventually, people may come to doubt if you occupy certain positions or are given certain benefits because of merit or because of who you’re romancing. If you want people to focus on your professional abilities, then this may be one area you may want to avoid.

I’m not saying don’t date a coworker, I’m simply trying to state the truth: dating a coworker could lead to problems. The biggest hazard of workplace relationships is that it may end. You both have to have a conversation about what happens if you break up.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/4-truths-about-dating-co-worker.html

cc lalasticlala

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by calddon(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2016
True, lack of concentration.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by CaptainBomb(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2016
Kilo foshi

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by akog(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2016
True
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by fxgal: 6:32am On May 13, 2016
It's not advisable.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by jejemanito: 6:32am On May 13, 2016
Yawns. Abeg who get matches? I wan warm soup

20 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by ceenote: 6:36am On May 13, 2016
Ok. Book space
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Joyce28(f): 6:37am On May 13, 2016
Jealousy tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by CzarRex: 6:38am On May 13, 2016
working with a co worker after a breakup is usually one of the most awkward situations on earth

23 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Ifebazz(m): 6:38am On May 13, 2016
calddon:
True, lack of concentration.
Proximity is the main recipe. Then the plastic behaviour people carry to work but might not be who they really are. Some people are actually very professional while others are not. Some are just good at their jobs only (which might be the reason for attractions) but terrible in other aspects of life. In all, it's maturity of the players that really counts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by gpatern: 6:38am On May 13, 2016
My candid advise asides lack of concentration is that you will definitely get noticed with time and that may spell doom for your job and career....likes if you agree.

7 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Nobody: 6:39am On May 13, 2016
OKAY
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by morereb10: 6:39am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=fczkcvhlweiuahs post=45571360][/quote]

Why not find a life

Than looking for victims?
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Femich18(m): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
Alryt

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by SammieLowkey(m): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
Na tru sha. But it has itz own benefits oo. Like wen the two of u 'mistakenly' end up in the rest room or lonely hallway.... Chai!!
*it is a Ghen-Ghen something*

4 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by kobonaire(m): 6:39am On May 13, 2016
na wahala, you cannot come back Monday morning and talk with your boyz about your weekend séxcapadé because she is close-by

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Babycherry(f): 6:40am On May 13, 2016
Its exhausting joooor....he will end up knowing everything you do, like everything, need me some personal space Jare.

This mrning is gonna be a good one, fp things

3 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by yimikaa: 6:40am On May 13, 2016
Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. It was so damn good. cheesy . Concentration and appraisal was 100%

Got another job and left. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by misscall247: 6:43am On May 13, 2016
na
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by powerfulsettingz: 6:44am On May 13, 2016
I hate APC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Hillzy(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2016
I hate pdp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by manutdrichie(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
jewlucy:
It's really fun, especially when it is your boss

see dem grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by justicejay(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
Don't really like dating co-worker things, romantic at first but as time goes on. It became bored and awkward.
To me oooo.
Don't know about you.

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by gpatern: 6:47am On May 13, 2016
It will make small your work and time....so be very careful learn from this illustration :Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis .Men at 60 play golf . have you noticed that as you get older,your balls get smaller.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by sureway1(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2016
it will be like you both are slave serving same master...
when you have misunderstanding with a colleague he/she uses that to get at you...
like....how much una dey earn self?
them want turn company to their birthright...
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by Hillzy(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2016
CaptainBomb:
Kilo foshi
Dating foshi

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by andy24(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2016
It's leads to corruption too.. Blame Buhari lol.. Just kidding grin, have a nice day every1.... TGIF

1 Like

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by jidxin(m): 6:50am On May 13, 2016
I'm a corper but presently dating an IT student in my ppa.
Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:55am On May 13, 2016
I'll never date a co-worker and a neighbour.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker by ChappyChase: 6:59am On May 13, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
I'll never date a co-worker and a neighbour.
Please add course mate!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post / Psychology Graduates Lets Meet Here / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.