Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 (40856 Views)

Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2017 / Ten Most Influential Women In Nigeria 2016 - By T.I.N Magazine / Maureen Onu Is Dead (Miss Tourism Nigeria 2016 Contestant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by hmuhammad(m): 5:47pm On May 12, 2016
Apelex:
Zombies will start saying the list is not correct...
wailers will start saying it was rigged
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Arnoldo(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2016
Codedrock:

How many impact has ur wizzy made in the music industry?? How many lives has changed for the beta?? because Drake featured him on One Dance pls can u tell me who that one done help?? Mtcheew.. Some pple talking without thinking. I think Davido should be no.1 though.. The guy helps people a lot and does a lot of charity too. Well, Baddosneh is not bad for no.1 though.
I tot the list is about influential artists..if so, wizkid is currently d most influential followed by davido
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Barselonia(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2016
Araoluwa005:
what is this one saying?
what is This one reading?
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Dongreat(m): 6:19pm On May 12, 2016
We don't make music in Nigeria but loud noise. From Olamide to Phyno to Kcee to Davido to Wizkid to Timaya, all bunch of noisemakers. Many Nigerians love their songs not because it's good music but it's like an escape from the harsh reality of the country and a folly inspiration else, why will a person sign a song in their local language, only to be interpreted to mean Rubbish and Gibberish yet you see people clapping undecided. Give me Adele, Beyonce, Asa, M.I, Enya, Dido and my crush Sia, and I will love you till eternity. My opinion though.
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Tintinnoty(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2016
Herapal:
You forgot to add Iyale e Edible Catering ni?

On a serious note, the artist in the picture below is the most influential.

iyale edible catering indeed. This got me laughing.

Your sense of humour is top notch

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by jydeskill1(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2016
where is Wizkid?
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by compoundd: 6:43pm On May 12, 2016
[size=38pt]wwwthisglobe.com success rate speak for itself.

Why do you thinks nigeria banks are closing down. because they dont do business with wwwthisglobe.com
the world have gone digital while they are still in the cave.

see wwwthisglobe.com success rate of some of them 62,890,517 views

those who doubt the success of wwwthisglobe.com saw it yesterday in kano.

nigeria banks are closing down because they dont do business with wwwthisglobe.com

we dont pay anyone. you can see, they dont wear uniform or hold paid banner.
Give honor to who honor is due.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3704450_nasd5_jpegb23a627f87cc0c87c855a68cda850e8e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3704449_nasd3_jpegbdbd098512056e74fc3efdaf61ecd6a9

[img]http://norfolknonaligned.files./2012/01/naija.jpg[/img]
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by StoneLucifer: 6:44pm On May 12, 2016
Rubbish post....Wetin concern me and their music. Abeg let me go and enjoy my money, drink my favourite beer and chop my isi-ewu.
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 12, 2016
Akinyemi787:
una dey mad wizzy be de no 1 for nw

you made me laf wit such hysteria... but i understand ur kind. wizkid is flying without a landing space at home. i can bet dis with u dat u ll one of d first persons who ll castigate him for his foolishness. mind u, i bliv d guy has come to stay in da industry but not with any meaningful influence.
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by pizzylee(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2016
Wizkid should b number 1
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Alezy(m): 9:28pm On May 12, 2016
I don't even know what to say to you.
so olamide has more influence than the rest on that list abi?? u try well well.
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by gimbayaro(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2016
this is the army snapback I made for olamide YBNL... follow at instagram to see @gimbasonclothing

Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CzarRex: 9:51pm On May 12, 2016
UltraSphinx:
I do think tiwa savage deserves a spot on that list or has the feud between she and her husband made her less influential over the past 12 months?...
And anyway, whats the hype about wixkid been featured in drake's song all about? I downloaded the song (one dance) last week expecting to hear the lovely voice of our own made-in-naija StarBoy taking the chorus as he always does whenevr he is featured here in naija, but rather i heard kyla taking the chorus... I almost lost hope thinking this was another jole after i didn't hear wizkid about 2mins into the track. Suddenly i heard an eerie sound like the bleating of the proverbial "lost sheep", i initially thought that was another DJ Maneuvre... E Pain Me As I See Say Na The Only Part Wey Drake Fit Manage Dash Wizkid Be Dat cry
but guy go n download boom by major lazer ft wizkid and ty dolla .you will love WizKid's chorus on d song. too bad it wasn't a hit
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CzarRex: 9:54pm On May 12, 2016
Dongreat:
We don't make music in Nigeria but loud noise. From Olamide to Phyno to Kcee to Davido to Wizkid to Timaya, all bunch of noisemakers. Many Nigerians love their songs not because it's good music but it's like an escape from the harsh reality of the country and a folly inspiration else, why will a person sign a song in their local language, only to be interpreted to mean Rubbish and Gibberish yet you see people clapping undecided. Give me Adele, Beyonce, Asa, M.I, Enya, Dido and my crush Sia, and I will love you till eternity. My opinion though.
no go dia ooh,sia is a lesbian
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 12, 2016
Where Vic o cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by feyimen: 10:42pm On May 12, 2016
ayatt:
olamide no1??

wtf is phyno is doing on that list?
d same reason olu maintain aint on dat list
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Dongreat(m): 12:31am On May 13, 2016
CzarRex:
no go dia ooh,sia is a lesbian

What shocked anyways she will become bi as soon as we negotiate
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by branhampaul: 3:36am On May 13, 2016
F*ck Her While You Can > www.datafilehost.com/d/1fd79c9a
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by x6blade(m): 6:21am On May 13, 2016
Codedrock:

How many impact has ur wizzy made in the music industry?? How many lives has he changed for the beta?? because Drake featured him on One Dance pls can u tell me who that one done help?? Mtcheew.. Some pple talking without thinking. I think Davido should be no.1 though.. The guy helps people a lot and does a lot of charity too. Well, Baddosneh is not bad for no.1 though.
if you don't know something don't talk. Because he doesn't Announce to the world like other artist do doesn't mean he's not influencial. If you want to know he actually gives to the poor. And he's planning to build a foundation to sponsor children to sch, nobody would have known if not for the Linda saga, and next month he would be performing on wireless festival to millions of people of different races along side artist like big Sean, which means he's advertising afrobeat and Nigeria to the world
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CzarRex: 6:27am On May 13, 2016
Dongreat:

What shocked anyways she will become bi as soon as we negotiate
sorry I meant to say bisexual but dia is still hope 4 u cus she's married to a man right now
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by hob(m): 10:14am On May 13, 2016
Dbanj shd not be there
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by Isaacpyo04(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2016
Pretty decent list, each and every one of them are having great a year so far, apart from the Okoye brothers...
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by MORGANNA(m): 1:35pm On May 13, 2016
mayorjosh:

drake featuring wizkid helps the reputation of the nigerian music industry

Really? Your point is Myopic, how Does the reputation of Nigerian music helped the upcoming stars up? Where is the reputation when Patoranking was selling rat killer? And every other stars who fought their way up, Let's call a spade a spade, Olamide has bigger impact in the industry than Wizkid at the moment. #who wizkid epp? undecided
mayorjosh:

drake featuring wizkid helps the reputation of the nigerian music industry

Really? Your point is Myopic, how Does the reputation of Nigerian music helped the upcoming stars up? Where is the reputation when Patoranking was selling rat killer? And every other stars who fought their way up, Let's call a spade a spade, Olamide has bigger impact in the industry than Wizkid at the moment. #who wizkid epp?
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by UltraSphinx(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2016
CzarRex:
but guy go n download boom by major lazer ft wizkid and ty dolla .you will love WizKid's chorus on d song. too bad it wasn't a hit
which chart boom top? Who major lazer help?... Abi na boom go make dem nominate wizkid for spotify ranking
Re: Ten Most Influential Musicians In Nigeria 2016 by CzarRex: 7:03pm On May 13, 2016
UltraSphinx:
which chart boom top? Who major lazer help?... Abi na boom go make dem nominate wizkid for spotify ranking
I never mentioned anywhere dat boom charted bro try and understand what I meant b4 u quote me

major lazer dat has d most streamed song of all time "lean on" and the 5th best selling song of 2015 and also has over a billion views on YouTube.

now if u doubt me wikipedia is ur friend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Nigerian Celebrities In Their Halloween Costumes! / Tracy And Treasure Daniels Share Make-Up Free Photos / Cossy Ojiakor Leaves The Hospital After Successful Leg Surgery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.