Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,554 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu (43892 Views)

Dogara Releases Pay Slips For Six Months / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Petrol Price Will Down Within Six Months – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by hob(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2016
‘Femi Asu

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, has said Nigerians will be amazed at what will become of the price of Premium Motor Spirit in the next six months.

The Federal Government had on Wednesday announced the removal of fuel subsidy, with a new petrol price band of N135 to N145 per litre, up from N86 and N86.50.

The development has been greeted with mixed reactions, with labour vowing to protest against it.

Kachikwu, who spoke on Thursday morning on Channels at the Sunrise Daily programme which was monitored by our correspondent, said the move was necessary in order put an end to fuel scarcity in the country.

He said the market dynamics would take hold fast “because there are a lot of Nigerians who are very active, very bullish, very talented in doing this; they just have been prevented by government intrusions.

“As it gets better and it gets to a point where we find that the market has stabilised in terms of supply, we will begin to pull back a bit in terms of determinants for pricing.”

He said by opening up the space for people to perform, to practise their trade, “you will be amazed at what will happen to your N145 price because it will go downwards.”

The minister said as a result of the decline in government earnings from oil, it could not provide foreign exchange for the importation of fuel.

“You don’t give what you don’t have. We want Nigerians to understand that we feel the pain, and we have tried to avoid it since I came in October. We have done everything we can.

“We first went on to the issue of the subsidies that we inherited which, by the way, were based on 50 to 55 million litres consumption, and we said the number looked bloated. So, we did an experiment and came to a conclusion that this country doesn’t consume more than 45 million litres a day.

“Then we came to a second point and said, ‘We are not even going to have subsidy again. We are going yo exit it because there was just too much fraud involved in it.'”

The minister said if the government did not take the step it took, massive subsidy would continue, adding that there was no foreign exchange for importation.

“So, left with that option, what were we supposed to do? We have struggled. Queues continue to go and they are back. And it will continue to happen unless we address the issues.

“If you free up Nigerians to find sources of funds, they will find those secondary funds. They will import the product; the burden on the NNPC will reduce and the country will have peace and subsidy will go away permanently.”

Kachikwu added, “I am appealing to Nigerians to please for the first time realise that we are doing our very best. I have together with everybody who is in this government worked night and day looking for solutions.

“We mean well and Nigerians should please trust us. Give us a chance, you will be surprised what will become of your PMS price over the next six to eight months.”

http://punchng.com/petrol-pricell-go-six-months-kachikwu/

Lets take note my people.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by greatgod2012(f): 1:23pm On May 12, 2016
Who is this one deceiving

167 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 12, 2016
Great...but where is lalasticlala sef

- devalue Naira
- more Nigerians would go into PMS business like diesel
- “you will be amazed at what will happen to your N145 price because it will go downwards.” shocked shocked
- "We are not even going to have subsidy again. We are going to exit it because there was just too much fraud involved in it.'” Jonathan sef embarassed
- "If you free up Nigerians to find sources of funds, they will find those secondary funds. They will import the product; ..... will have peace and subsidy will go away permanently." grin grin grin

Sai Buhari, you are doing well grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Hitback2back: 1:24pm On May 12, 2016
Oga rest Biko it not your fault

20 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by NextGovernor(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
God punish you Kachikwu

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by divinehand2003(m): 1:28pm On May 12, 2016
SHEBI KACHIKWU DON TURN TO ONE OF THESE FALSE PROPHETS NOW?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by silvoice(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2016
I Lay a curse on anyone who defend politicians simply because he or she is benefiting from them, is from the same tribe or party. I don't care which side you belong to. PDP and APC are the same and their sycophants. Are mainly idiots who will all receive their reward when the time come. Indeed, #there was a country.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by wise7(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2016
hob:

“We mean well and Nigerians should please trust us. Give us a chance, you will be surprised what will become of your PMS price over the next six to eight months.”

probably increase it again to God knows what price

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by TheNonce: 1:33pm On May 12, 2016
angry
Keneking:
Great...but where is lalasticlala sef

Is lalasticlala your father? Or are you just attracted to him?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nelkoko: 1:38pm On May 12, 2016
Those shouting great development are still feeding from their mother's soup pot......

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by donbenedict(m): 1:47pm On May 12, 2016
So after telling us that Nigeria will have three refineries, this is the trash he came to tell us again this morning..

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by ORACLE1975(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2016
1.Change was promised but we were too impatient to ask if it's going to be positive or negative change. So far it's negative #OccupyNigeria

For dream only when it will happen

12 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by chikel2000(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2016
What template is Kachukwu using to tell us this or what indics?. We got d promise of this government that d refinery will be working n fuel scarcity will be a thing of d past. Now our refineries r working, yet PMS is scarce. Today its removal of subsidy n its impact by 6 to 8 months time. We r watching u PMB, have my eyes on u.

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by tola9ja: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Buhari is working

if you think am high on weed click like

if you think i make some sense base on buhari action so far click share

108 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by hringbraut: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Smh for this government. Na only promises dem sabi.

https://www.nairaland.com/ivyy

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
sad see as them they lie give us undecided

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by humpdump: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
can you please stop all the empty promises and lies, please please

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Timolanki(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Hmmmmm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Integrityfarms(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Make una tell that clown to shut his mouth! I don't no why APC is a shameless government without sense!

You restricted forex, how do you expect marketers to buy dollar from autonomous sources and yet sell fuel at cheap rates

Well the zoo is falling!! And no Remedy insight!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
hob:
‘Femi Asu
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, has said Nigerians will be amazed at what will become of the price of Premium Motor Spirit in the next six months.
The Federal Government had on Wednesday announced the removal of fuel subsidy, with a new petrol price band of N135 to N145 per litre, up from N86 and N86.50.
The development has been greeted with mixed reactions, with labour vowing to protest against it.
Kachikwu, who spoke on Thursday morning on Channels at the Sunrise Daily programme which was monitored by our correspondent, said the move was necessary in order put an end to fuel scarcity in the country.
He said the market dynamics would take hold fast “because there are a lot of Nigerians who are very active, very bullish, very talented in doing this; they just have been prevented by government intrusions.
“As it gets better and it gets to a point where we find that the market has stabilised in terms of supply, we will begin to pull back a bit in terms of determinants for pricing.”
He said by opening up the space for people to perform, to practise their trade, “you will be amazed at what will happen to your N145 price because it will go downwards.”
The minister said as a result of the decline in government earnings from oil, it could not provide foreign exchange for the importation of fuel.
“You don’t give what you don’t have. We want Nigerians to understand that we feel the pain, and we have tried to avoid it since I came in October. We have done everything we can.
“We first went on to the issue of the subsidies that we inherited which, by the way, were based on 50 to 55 million litres consumption, and we said the number looked bloated. So, we did an experiment and came to a conclusion that this country doesn’t consume more than 45 million litres a day.
“Then we came to a second point and said, ‘We are not even going to have subsidy again. We are going yo exit it because there was just too much fraud involved in it.'”
The minister said if the government did not take the step it took, massive subsidy would continue, adding that there was no foreign exchange for importation.
“So, left with that option, what were we supposed to do? We have struggled. Queues continue to go and they are back. And it will continue to happen unless we address the issues.
“If you free up Nigerians to find sources of funds, they will find those secondary funds. They will import the product; the burden on the NNPC will reduce and the country will have peace and subsidy will go away permanently.”
Kachikwu added, “I am appealing to Nigerians to please for the first time realise that we are doing our very best. I have together with everybody who is in this government worked night and day looking for solutions.
http://punchng.com/petrol-pricell-go-six-months-kachikwu/
Lets take note my people.

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by jailsarakiCCT: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Jimi23(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
So u intend to quickly cash in on the subsidy removal scam to hide ur cluelessness and claim that u are generating funds internally. When all u are doing is indirectly "robbing" Nigerians like u did with the illegal 50naira bank charge per transaction.
U and ur useless change mantra. "Change" is now the title of a horror movie to the average Nigerian. APC just shot its self in the leg and would have shot itself in the head b4 2019. Set of dumb asses. 2019 is around the corner. You'll be flung out like the sneaky, creepy snakes that u are. Agents of "evil" change with empty promises. Lieing nitwits. APshit?!!...SCAM!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Sisiedo: 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
Pant on fire.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by anyaekekehinde(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
What if the price of crude shoot up in the international market?

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by OlujobaSamuel: 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
oooooooooo, not again, just shut it

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by nairaman66(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
Senseless talk Mr!! This is the same clique that went berserk when GEJ wanted to remove total subsidy!

I thought this Buhari government would be a lesser devil to the former.. So far, I am hanging my head in shame!!

17 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by VocalWalls: 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
normal lying government.

I'm tired of Nigeria.

"My Watch Is Ended"

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by laprince(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
lol. Always talking with precision and timing, as if he knows what he is saying or he can do what he is saying.

I still remember your April fool promise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
lol... I laff in Kwali

For your analysis oga minister of state

[img]http://media./media/qHl1u2oppzOVi/giphy.gif[/img]

21 Likes

Re: Petrol Price’ll Go Down In Six Months – Kachikwu by Spanner4(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2016
Lying lyers

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Hands Over To Deputy / Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche / Buhari And Obiano: What Could Have Struck This Huge Laughter? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.