Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price (55670 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Nigerians... Reject The Cabal! / Why Nigerians Reject 9.61 Trillion Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Islie: 1:48pm On May 12, 2016
Nigerians from diverse groups on Thursday, rejected the call by the country's organized labour to mobilize against the new pump price.

Rather, the labour is urged to focus on its agitation for minimum wage increase, instead of a new pump price, which Nigerians according to them have been indirectly contending with since the fuel scarcity began four months ago.

In a current affairs radio programme, "Day Break show on Rocky City FM" monitored in Abeokuta, on Thursday, about 80% of the callers rejected the agitation by the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) to protest against removal of the subsidy, while 20 % said they were ready to join the protest.

Callers in support of the NLC's stand faulted government stand, as one remarked that, "Nigerians were not adequately carried along before taking the decision."

Few others claimed that since the immediate past government attempted it and was rejected, the present administration should also not continue with it. "For the likes of Tinubu and Fashola who spearheaded the rejection then, it is a shame to them now," Alhaji Power disclosed, as he was even cautioned of supporting labour's stand.

However, majority who rejected labour protest move declared that, the deregulation should be done with once and for all, "as few rich Nigerians are even the beneficiaries, while ordinary masses are still paying far above the N86 to buy the fuel.

"It is going to come with pains no doubt, but, we have to settle for it for now. Since about four months now, we have been buying this fuel between N120 and N200, what did NLC do? I will just implore the government to ensure that they get the product available at its filling stations," Waheed Quadri said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigerians-reject-labour-move-against-pump-price/146461.html

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by TedBaker(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2016
Oga boss, we are goin to be alright......

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by sexymonkey(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2016
After graduating, na village straight. #farmingthings

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2016
cry GOD why did you send a plague(boooohari) to come destroy us ?

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omenka(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2016
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.

132 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Destined2win: 1:58pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by divinehand2003(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2016
A Push For increment in minimum wage is the right path to take at this juncture.
Deregulation of the downstream oil sector is a good decision and welcome development.
Hope the pump price crashes at the end.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Destined2win: 1:59pm On May 12, 2016
I dislike hypocritical attitude

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by mbhs139(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Is is the NLC that couldn't achieve much during the time of lily liver GEJ that will face a PMB that does not give a damn? I hear you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 12, 2016
Amazing rejection, Nigerians are now doing well grin

If not that EFCC is already dealing with them as expected, they would have started funding protests - here and there.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy
full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by modath(f): 2:12pm On May 12, 2016
That's the way forward...... People have been buying at exorbitant rate, the wages should rise and meet it....

Only way out of the quagmire is local refining capacity, every other thing is band aid on a festering wound!!!!

P.S===== All you crazies whose life ambition is to jump in my mentions for no good reason but to bellyache over my opinions,

1.I do not owe anyone any explanation or right to question my God and civil rights approved opinions, if you want to occupy anywhere, safe journey...

2. Show us all the positive impact of the SURE-P, 2012 partial removal of subsidy made in the lives of Nigerians , from 65-97..(or we have all forgotten all the promises of "palliatives" that didnt see the light of day and only made some cronies richer?

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ChristineC: 2:13pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
I think this plague is inevitable till 2016 unless God has other plans cheesy
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by donphilopus: 2:18pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
full
You na quarter. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Standing5(m): 2:21pm On May 12, 2016
modath:

Thats the way forward....
the rejection or the increase? Which one? Diff between Buhari n GEJ increase is one isn't percieved as trying to decieve Nigerians into selling out. Where are the SURE-P bus n stuff today?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by chikel2000(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2016
Everybody is crazy, oh so if salaries r increased wot abt d man who has a shop or the one who farms?. Hypocrisy is too bad

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by modath(f): 2:26pm On May 12, 2016
Standing5:
the rejection or the increase? Which one? Diff between Buhari n GEJ increase is one isn't percieved as trying to decieve Nigerians into selling out. Where are the SURE-P bus n stuff today?

You "typed" too soon... wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by phlemzy: 2:26pm On May 12, 2016
chikel2000:
Everybody is crazy, oh so if salaries r increased wot abt d man who has a shop or the one who farms?. Hypocrisy is too bad
They will equally increase the prices of their products/services.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2016
donphilopus:

You na quarter. cheesy
ekpe how far?
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Okekeni90(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2016
Bro pls wie are u from? Are u from Oju or Obi in Benue? No insult pls, ur name sound like some1 from dat part.
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Akshow: 3:04pm On May 12, 2016
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by brixton: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
Really?
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Bigprozzie: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
IPOB people will commit suicide

grin grin grin

95% of us are with Sai baba

Ipob go and die

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by DropShot: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
PMB has my support throughout his four years. After it, we will rate his performance.

omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Thank you.
You just took them to the cleaners. Wicked you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Guyman02: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
source: DailyTrust and the Nation = APC propaganda channels

These same Northern and South West newspapers gave comprehensive coverage to the Occupy Nigeria Movement against Jonathan over his removal of subsidy even with palliatives such as Mass Transit buses made available to all states in Nigeria.

Today subsidy has been removed without prior warning, no palliatives of any kind and now they claim that Nigerians reject Labour move preempting NLC meeting outcome tomorrow; which Nigerians if I may ask? Enough of the useless propaganda, no money, no electricity, no fuel, high cost of food, increased transport fare etc

omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Thank you.

Fela called your type 'Suffering and smiling' I can see your frustration in your writeup; you cant defend PMB on this one because of the amount of calls you have been receiving from your village about invading Fulani herdsmen and the high cost of living from your relations asking for help.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by adenine02: 3:07pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

pls be specific "to come and destroy you"

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by TPAND(f): 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
A lot of persons don't understand how deregulation works, so much of lame men understanding, opinions and views on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by hakeem4(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
Lemme just do and graduate
And start farming
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ChukwuIbrahim: 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
about 80% abeokuta peeps in support of sai Bubu?
Dat translates to about 85% of d con3 as a whole in support of sai Bubu.
Chai! more painment 4 em wailerz & 5%erz!
tuff luck grin

but dis is crazy!
can u believe dat at 145 a litre, all of a sudden all filing station in my area now has fuel!
oya somebody gimme kachikwu's fone numba lemme ask d murrafaka some pertinent kweshions. angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ITbomb(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2016
The increase should stay. I'm with the dullardd in this one

We have had enough of the cabal, we are already buying it at 180 and 200 and things have already increased.

We should be talking about the palliative especially salary increase for workers

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Coolabbie: 3:09pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Thank you.
Fiesty!
I like!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by damton(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2016
We will get there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Agent's Hand Pictured On The Ground After Being Hacked Off In Kano. Graphic / How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip / Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.