Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week (33546 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Bgorgeous: 7:42pm On May 12, 2016
Taaaa occupy where NANs should go and sit down .they are all bark and no bite's
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by khalidqudus: 7:44pm On May 12, 2016
Let's start tomorrow... I support the protest. Nigerians voted them into power so why should they torment us with the power. APC be shouting fight corruption meanwhile its a decoy as the main plan is set rolling. You've been trying the so called past looters of government fund which is in no way benefitting Nigerians. Let's protest people, we have the power to influence their decisions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by lielbree: 7:44pm On May 12, 2016
Why next week angry
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Pavarottii(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
Kollyk11:
the NANS or whatever they call themselves should just shut the Bleep up.bunch of hypocrite.
Why do u call dem hypocrites?
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by lielbree: 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
Agunnewi:
Dollars increased from N170 to N320.
Pounds from N250 to N456.
Fuel Pump price from N87 to 145/litre.
4 Tomatoes from N50 to N200.
Gallon of groundnut oil from 8k to 11k.
Bag of rice from 9k to 15k

All these within a year, yet salary remains stagnant.

We are really experiencing APC's CHANGE

Better start occupying Nigeria at this minute
BAG OF RICE IS 18K! I BOUGHT TODAY!
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by crazygod(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2016
mars123:

it is not easy to do business in Nigeria especially when government is involved. so what the government is doing now is to remove its hand from the control of the business of petroleum importation and distribution since it doesn't refine Nigeria's total consumption. Therefore there will be competition amongst distributors for cheaper sales which will reduce price overtime. In the meantime there is a sure banker that petrol will sell for far less before 2019.

I am someone who naturally can endure for a better day ahead so I won't be joining you guys marching in the streets.

In other words, you are used to #sufferingandsmiling
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by farolee(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2016
karleone:

Please, which Nigeria are we occupying? Are we not in Nigeria already? They should kukuma tell us to do "Change of Country" jor.
This untold hardship seems like it's just starting sef.

BTW, I noticed you started disliking the government lately.. What happened? At least, I knew you to be a card carrying member of/for Buhari during the campaigns.

Guy a no fey stop laff.you funny die.stay cool.

One thing is certain in life - Change. It could either be for Good or for Bad. In whatever case it may be, learn to be patient and thread judiciously.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 12, 2016
Nigerians! Always remember this saying " No pain no gain" Nigeria will be great.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Ifebazz(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2016
mars123:
leave subsidy and fight for an increased minimum wage all ye potential jobless NANS.
If they increase the minimum wage to N150k, do you think prices of products in the market will remain the same? Abi market women nor dey Facebook and twitter like you to know sef?
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by amsoslim(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
naptu2:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-well-occupy-nigeria-next-week-nans/

Screw NANS or wahreva dey call demsevz, and awt to murder innocent youths again with your self-centered,hypocritic and greedy protest.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by farolee(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
karleone:

Please, which Nigeria are we occupying? Are we not in Nigeria already? They should kukuma tell us to do "Change of Country" jor.
This untold hardship seems like it's just starting sef.

BTW, I noticed you started disliking the government lately.. What happened? At least, I knew you to be a card carrying member of/for Buhari during the campaigns.

One thing is certain in life - Change. It could either be for Good or for Bad. In whatever case it may be, learn to be patient and thread judiciously.

Guy a no fey stop laff.you funny die.stay cool.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by DrHighchief(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
Hope NANS won't chicken out when they collect Egunje
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by amsoslim(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
naptu2:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-price-well-occupy-nigeria-next-week-nans/

Screw NANS or wahreva dey call demsevz, dey r awt to murder innocent youths again with their self-centered,hypocritic and greedy protest.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by kay4dem(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by sanusidabo: 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
Very useless NANS when they should have tackle the atrocities of oil marketers and DPR in diverting as well selling the product above #200 in filling stations within and the outskirts town stations and they remain silent .

1 Like

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by advanceDNA: 7:49pm On May 12, 2016
Na next week una dey wait for...statement sounds pathetic to me...where una dey when we dey buy fuel 300naira per liter...na when dem con say 145 una wan occupy...una dey crazzee..
An unsubsidised sector only puts more money in government's pocket..well dat would have sound like good news in UK,US nd other developed,sensible country cos more money translate to good road,water,electricity etc...

.but we all know this is naija...it will only translate to more money to steal....its so fuckinngg annoying.. the government makes it sound like the oil subsidy money is what is preventing dem from performing.....
the remaining allocation that's not going to subsidy,we dnt see it judiciously utilized for the masses...
i pay tax of 63k a month yet I buy shock absorbers, I buy fuel to power my Gen every night, I pay for water, no quality health care, no security,we even have to pay for special vigilante to watch over our street at night..
.where d fucck is the tax payers money going to.??..where is the revenue generated from customs? I know fuel subsidy ain't cool as few pple are enjoying dis money...but it's actually the only thing I see this government has never failed on...cos I dnt see why this same APC ddnt support Jonathan when he came up with this same idea years back..
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by devour129: 7:51pm On May 12, 2016
4reala:
I support
I doubt Buhari will change his mind . He is not a weakling like gej
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 12, 2016
SHUT UP NANS-- JUST SHUT YOUR STINKING TRAP... when the ground work was being done.. you lazy asses where sleeping.. now that it has crystalized is that when you want to get up.. bisshes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by mars123(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2016
emmygzy:
see this one, how many people are government workers in Nigeria? Nigeria is mostly made up of artisans and hustlers. Even apart from that, the 18000, most states are owing backlogs of salaries. Fighting for minimum wage doesn't make any sense. Barbers, carpenters, bricklayers, pepper sellers ain't government workers.
ok then let them fight for a better future. subsidy by the way shall never return.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by mars123(m): 7:57pm On May 12, 2016
crazygod:

In other words, you are used to #sufferingandsmiling
no I am used to hustling and enjoying.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Profwriter(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2016
MicroBox:
NANS Should don't fool themselves occupying ignorantly.... Removal of subsidy caused the increment in pump price and Nigerian don't need that drain tunnel called subsidy anymore .
We bought SIM card and Nokia 3310 for 45 thousand Naira but today SIM card is free.
Let the competition begins in the nearest future we will all enjoy the dividend.. that I am sure.

it is this biased poorly researched conclusion that brought this country to her knees, why put round peg in a square hole? For many year diesel has been deregulated, has it brought a decrease in its price? I dont know why people chose to be foolish

1 Like

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by mars123(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2016
Ifebazz:

If they increase the minimum wage to N150k, do you think prices of products in the market will remain the same? Abi market women nor dey Facebook and twitter like you to know sef?
the matter tire me...I just want subsidy and other backward government policy to go.

1 Like

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Dee60: 7:59pm On May 12, 2016
NANS for NANSENSE. Gone were the days when NANS made sense.Occupy ko, cuppy ni!
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Deen77: 7:59pm On May 12, 2016
ojoyentalk:
Please those in Authority should reverse the pump price to avert this protest and its consequences.

Most of our students don't know what is going on internationally, we need prayer for the worst not to happen. They don't know that our source of income is crude oil and it has crash now, even Saudi is removing subsidies.

The problem is our government wait for so long without building a refinery to refine locally, secondly they should talk to Niger Delta Avengers to allow crude oil exports and stop sabotaging the government.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by sureavenger: 8:07pm On May 12, 2016
Kollyk11:
the NANS or whatever they call themselves should just shut the Bleep up.bunch of hypocrite.
I don't believe most of NANS executives are real student.I might be wrong though.To me,they arre bunch of touts diguising at students.

1 Like

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by wxyz1: 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
Nigerian should as a matter of urgency apologize to GEJ for treating him unfairly. failure to do that, prosperity will judge all that occupied Nigeria when GEJ propose subsiding remover. the whole Lagosian that occupied Gani Fayemi pack where are they now?, hypocrite

1 Like

Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
Idle students, forces of darkness @ work. They have collected money and are working for Nigeria's band of corrupt looters. Buhari should round them all up soon and fast b4 they destroy this country worse more.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by dahmie2013: 8:13pm On May 12, 2016
Occupy urselves!
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by Charly68: 8:17pm On May 12, 2016
naptu2:

This group should shelve their strike .. Face the reality my people,the Govt has done the needful.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by iukpe: 8:26pm On May 12, 2016
From my point of view this will only pressure government to perhaps just break the bitter pill we will end up taking. If anyone of us becomes President you will realize that removing petrol subsidy will save us a lot of money. Lets ask ourselves why every president always makes an attempt to raise the cost of fuel and recently remove subsidy completely. That is the way forward, The issue isn't the subsidy payment or removal but what the money saved will be used for.
The subsidy payments on its own is a huge scam. We as Nigerians know that people are making huge billions from subsidy payment when they never imported the product or what they are paid for, and it might be hard for government to completely track all these figures considering the existence of "them them factor", the Nigerian factor. So this is a huge step in the anti-corruption war. The question is what is government going to do with the money that will not go for subsidy payments. Every government has made huge promises they never keep in order to calm the masses at every protest rising from petrol price hike or subsidy removal attempt. We still do not have power, jobs, refineries, good transportation, healthcare, housing, infrastructure or free education.
This is where the youth should hold the government responsible this time, a serious protest to demand government's commitment for the patience of the masses and the youths especially. Government needs to directly begin a process of visible industrialization and infrastructural investments in order to provide reliable power, jobs and a sustainable economical growth. We are worse off today as a country, but we still have the resources that many countries wish they had. The youths must be ready to earmark and demand the resignation of nonperforming ministers, and governors seriously and also corrupt ones at the slightest evidence or proof that they are doing anything other than performing their assigned duties. Youths must pressure these political scumbags who eat up and loot our treasury to change their ways and work for our nation. Any politician who flaunts wealth must be booed and openly disgraced so they will be humble in office and deliver their mandate as expected. Anytime politicians come out, they show our youths that they are so rich you have to come up and serve in politics in order to make it.
There is no more time to waste in our country deceiving ourselves when we know the truth. Many young people in Nigeria today have worked so hard on education and had a determination to succeed but couldn't make ends meet. many will never have a rewarding life, own a house of their own or buy a car talk-less of a brand new car. Enough is Enough.
The youths need to think very well if our fathers and elders in politics are there to help us or do worse than their predecessors had done. Else they should give way for the youths who are ready to take the serious decisions that can make things work. The people who took painful steps to shape our polity in the 70s were not in their 50s and 70s and they knew what they were doing.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by CioAngels(f): 8:28pm On May 12, 2016
My problem with this groups, NANS, NLC and TUC is that they use this mass callout as an opportunity to make money for themselves otherwise they are not fighting becos of the masses. The last gej fuel hike to 94 also when labour ended the strike abruptly was as a result of the government telling them, do i say (blackmail) to pay back the 500m# housing grant given to them or end the strike. So you see, they use masses as their ATM. We should stop answering to their call to stay at home order becos they are not fighting for our interest. The government will always do its' wishes.
Re: NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week by iukpe: 8:30pm On May 12, 2016
CioAngels:
My problem with this groups, NANS, NLC and TUC is that they use this mass callout as an opportunity to make money for themselves otherwise they are not fighting becos of the masses. The last gej fuel hike to 94 also when labour ended the strike abruptly was as a result of the government telling them, do i say (blackmail) to pay back the 500m# housing grant given to them or end the strike. So you see, they use masses as their ATM. We should stop answering to their call to stay at home order becos they are not fighting for our interest. The government will always do its' wishes.

correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi: Why Atiku Supporters Destroyed His Campaign Billboard In Ebonyi / Dino Melaye Mocks INEC Over Postponed Election (photos) / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.