Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari (19523 Views)

Ivanka Trump Gushes About Meeting Chibok Girls In The US (Photos) / Rescued Girl, Serah Luka, Not On Our List – Chibok Parents (punch) / Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by onexile: 5:01pm On May 12, 2016
Meeting Chibok parents not good for my emotional state, Buhari tells CNN On May 12, 2016

By Ikenna

President Muhammadu Buhari has said meeting parents of the schoolgirls abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state, on a regular basis, is not good for his emotional state.

Lamenting the plight of the parents in an interview with Chief International Correspondent and host of CNNi’s nightly global affairs program, Christine Amanpour, President Buhari said he could not imagine his own daughter in such situation.

“I saw the families as a group twice. The first time, they came to visit my wife. The second, they came as a group to see me, and the less I see them the better for my own emotional balance,” he said.

“I try to imagine my 14-year-old year old daughter missing for more than two years. I try to imagine what condition are they in. A lot of the fathers would rather see their graves, than imagine them under such condition.”

He also opposed the idea of showing a proof of life video to the parents, saying there was no point raising their hopes when the girls had not been rescued. During the second anniversary of their abduction, CNN made public a video of some of the girls. The video was said to have been sent to negotiators by their captors. “I have not seen that video and even if I see it, I will be very careful about showing it to the family.

There is no point to deliberately raise the hope of the families if you can’t meet them,” he said. “If we know where they are, then we can organise to secure them, but if they have been divided in a group of five, ten, two all over this region of Lake Chad commission, that is Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria and Niger, there is no way we can spontaneously and simultaneously attack all those locations and get the girls and the important thing to us is to get them alive.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/meeting-chibok-parents-not-good-for-my-emotional-state-buhari-tells-cnn/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2016
Something dey smell

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by UmuEri(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2016
Really!

OMG! This man keep on becoming an international disgrace everyday.

So meeting the parents of chibok is not good for your health, but you and your APC transgenders wanted Gej to be meeting them everyday.

Infact you people wanted Gej to be sleeping inside Chibok community.

May thunder and lightning strike all of you dead.

296 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 12, 2016
Amazing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by CSTR5: 5:13pm On May 12, 2016
lol. What a nitwit.
This is the idiott some lame-brained sub-humanoids are counting on to make hard decisions for Nigeria's future. grin

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by onexile: 5:14pm On May 12, 2016
The stupidity of this Man is legendary.

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Clerverley2(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2016
His useless health is more important than their plight.
Selfish Presidiot

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by ajebuter(f): 5:16pm On May 12, 2016
Dumbo.. When you promised them heaven and El Dorado and assured them of your 'superpowers' during the campaign nko?

Now, they give you bad vibes?

Oro ode..

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by haywire07(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2016
Look at the stress d past administration is putting on dis old man now cry cry cry

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Agunnewi: 5:18pm On May 12, 2016
Unbelievable !!!

This man just open mouth to yarn rubbish sometimes, wondering if he has advisers.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Lvlink(f): 5:18pm On May 12, 2016
Nawa oooo Buhari keeps disappointing me.

Someone should remind this man that he is the president.

Btw, I thought he was a military General

What emotional trauma is he talking about?

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by kodded(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2016

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by UmuEri(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2016
Lvlink:
Nawa oooo Buhari keeps disappointing me.

Someone should remind this man that he is the president.

Btw, I thought he was a military General

What emotional trauma is he talking about?
forget the hype, which useless General?

The only adventure the Nigeria military enjoys doing, is the killing of innocent and un-armed civilians.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Dcomrade(m): 5:29pm On May 12, 2016
PMB be making his media spoke person work more difficult on a daily basis!!! grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by pharmagba: 5:31pm On May 12, 2016
UmuEri:
Really!

So meeting the parents of chibok is not good for your health, but you and your APC transgenders wanted Gej to be meeting them everyday.

The difference he is honest and sincere with the truth, but GEJ...hmm that man....was in absolute oblivion of the truth needless of what to do

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Edroom: 5:33pm On May 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by zenatta: 5:49pm On May 12, 2016
Tell me again,

Who is the President
And
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES
OF
NIGERIA?

That answer is too glib and lacks the diplomacy it was gunning for. Let's act this out
Aide: Mr President, Zondogo Republic has finally made good it's threat to invade the nation.
Mr President: oh no, not now, you know I am manic-depressed/bipolar.
These parents are hoping against hope (me too), so the face of our President would do wonders for them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by fitzmayowa: 6:09pm On May 12, 2016
Chibok girls parent and BBOG group over to you...

PMB talks say seeing them might cost him his health...

Our C in C coming out with a statement like this, is an indication that the parents of the chibok girls should not expect their kids anytime soon...SMH

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by phlemzy: 6:38pm On May 12, 2016
Op has a bad intention of misleading people. Why change "Emotional State" in the original heading to "Health"? Do they look 'similiar' to you?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by successmatters(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2016
But contesting to misrule Nigeria is good for your health?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Montaque(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2016
I can now see the plight of being a gej.

2 Likes

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by etebefia: 6:41pm On May 12, 2016
Then being the President shouldn't be good for your health also, the seat of presidency is very tasking and to make matter worse you joined the minister of petroleum to it.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by phlemzy: 6:41pm On May 12, 2016
UmuEri:
Really!

Op has succeeded in misleading you as u weren't patient to read even the first paragraph. Now go back and read..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by cococandy(f): 6:46pm On May 12, 2016
Did he really say that?
Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Lvlink(f): 7:19pm On May 12, 2016
phlemzy:
Op has a bad intention of misleading people. Why change "Emotional State" in the original heading to "Health"? Do they look 'similiar' to you?
please can you further educate us on the difference between "Emotional State" and "Ones Health"?

Please stop bringing lame argument here. The Op is right.

Whether it is "Emotional State, Mental State, or Psychological State, the point is that all of them has to do with someone's health status.

Thank me later for this lecture.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Poweredbrew: 7:29pm On May 12, 2016

“I saw the families as a group twice. The first time, they came to visit my wife. The second, they came as a group to see me, and the less I see them the better for my own emotional balance,” he said.

“I try to imagine my 14-year-old year old daughter missing for more than two years. I try to imagine what condition are they in. A lot of the fathers would rather see their graves, than imagine them under such condition.”

The OP is a wicked fellow, dont know why people dont read nowadays, they just read the headings and throw insult around. Na waooo

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Poweredbrew: 7:30pm On May 12, 2016
phlemzy:
Op has succeeded in misleading you as u weren't patient to read even the first paragraph. Now go back and read..

Most people dont read on this forum, they just read the headlines and throw insult. You can see them insulting the man already without reading the whole words. The OP is a wicked soul.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Poweredbrew: 7:32pm On May 12, 2016
onexile:
The stupidity of this Man is legendary.

You are a wicked person for trying to mislead people with this thread. What do you gain in all this nonsense? Na wao

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Stalwert: 7:48pm On May 12, 2016
[size=18pt]Too many fools on nairaland won't read the OP contents but just the title and make silly buffoon comments l like buffoon luck . The same fools want to be leaders yet you still find reading an arduous task. yeye dey smell. [/size]

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari by Horus(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IagDTFatmd0

Nigeria President: I haven't seen Chibok proof of life video

"I try to imagine my fourteen-year-old daughter," President Muhammadu Buhari tells Christiane Amanpour, "missing for more than two years."

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States / President Buhari Host President Of Guinea In Private Dinner (Photos) / Abubakar Yusuf's Hospital Seized In Kano (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.