Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 (28661 Views)

NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price / Nigerians Are Selling Off Dollars As Dollar Price Crashes / Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by I888(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2016
The Nigerian naira suffered a setback on Thursday, crashing to N345 against the dollar, following the federal government’s decision to liberalise sales of petrol.

The naira also exchanged at 475 to pounds less than 24 hours after the announcement was made by Ibe Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum.

A bureau de change operator in Lagos where the dollar closed at N345 to the naira, told TheCable that many sellers were stranded.

“If you want to buy, we don’t have to sell, but if you want to sell, we can discuss,” Isiaka Mohammed, a trader, told TheCable in Lagos.

“We sold for 345 today, but many of us don’t have again to sell. If you want to buy now, you would not see to buy,” he said.

In Abuja, an operator said trading at the parallel market closed at the rate of 345 to the dollar, as against 322 to the dollar early Wednesday when the new pump price had not been introduced.

“We don’t understand how this is going, we closed market at N340 to the dollar, while pounds sold at 475,” he said.

The situation was the same in Kano. An operator in the state, said the dollar was selling for 325 in the afternoon, but is currently trading around 330.

With prevailing realities, the nation may be forced to devalue the naira, as round tripping is likely to persist in the days ahead.

Oil industry insiders had initially told TheCable that they would now have to source foreign exchange for importation of petrol from the parallel market, as the Central Bank emphasised lack of forex.

“All oil marketers will be allowed to import PMS on the basis of forex procured from secondary sources and accordingly PPPRA template will reflect this in the pricing of the product,” a source said.

https://www.thecable.ng/increase-pms-price-crashes-naira-n3451
Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 12, 2016
Which way Nigeria?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by yimikaa: 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
Na wao.

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
We would stabilise it with Yuan but the official exchange is less than N199. That window has stabilised since May 29, 2015.
Amazing!

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
Oh no! shocked

It seemed I was being pessimistic when I predicted that the Naira would crash to #500 to a $.

Just like Dangote also opined. Looks like the predictions are coming true.

Dear Nigerians, it's about time you brace up for tougher times.

Only those who earn foreign currencies would smile at this time while more Nigerians would jostle to check out of the country in search of greener pastures.

God help us all.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Skywalker5(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
This is getting serious. i still never understand this country. A country that has oil has been suffering fuel scarcity for years.

24 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
Somebody is asking me for advice on how he can survive fuel price increase. What can I say?

Personally I am even considering buying a horse which will live on home-grown grasses!

DrMeroThaEmperor:
I strongly believe that this APC led government is using 'juju' on Nigerians... Or why else are the oppositions and the populace as dead quiet as this?

Eureka!!! I've found it!!! Mystery solved!!!

Buhari is a Fulani man >> Fulanis are mostly nomads hence they move all over in search of pasture for their malu nama dem.

This therefore, explains why the man nor dey stay one place. . . .

#NomadicPressido

before I chop ban or something worse, lemme add this. . . (cos Na dictators dey incharge, even here on NL. Dem nor dey know which one be play o)

"Sucking breast is a survival skill guys learnt at birth. But as to how and where girls learnt the act of sucking dicks still bothers me though"

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by frankobaba(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
[size=15pt]Wow what a Fantastic Crash!

What else do you expect from someone who had F9 in Mathematics.

Now na morning, una never see somtin.
[/size]

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by SmithHumble50: 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
We never see anything sad sad sad

Who gives PMB Advice...

I thot he said.. He never knew what subsidy means..

Now we know better angry angry angry

Meanwhile, I noticed every filling station has fuel now...
They were hoarding the product to gain more...
Chai!!!!!!!! undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by EngrIdris: 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
RIP Nigeria

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Slymonster(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
No job,No money,light now in abuja terrible,fuel at high price and upon that no fuel,Dollar going up,everything has gone up in this country......buhari will not kill person,does he understand what's going on the street..Heat wan finish person,sorry for new born babies this days oo....I hadly eat at night because I cnt enjoy the food with no air when no light and no fuel.

23 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by ednut1(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
e be like say our dollar reserves na $2m dollars o. not the $23billion dollars CBN dey tell us. end time tins

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by BIGTinfotech: 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
This is outrageous!

Something had better be done before 2019.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by GWMI(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
I knew it will happen.Now i know the Northern elders do not value nigeria but are very tribalistic and myopic or else why will they keep queit knowing fully well that if this Buhari and his Govt policies leads nigeria into war, we will never come back as one Nigeria.You have biafra war going on,Niger delta militants attack oil installations and deviish bokoharam killing the innoncents and now fuel increase.This is too much for one nation to bear we are getting exusted from all this.Thanks.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by ndcide(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2016
Now this is a volcano

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by lollmaolol(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
How you take do the calculation, abi I am confused here....epp me understand

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Lasgidy1(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
Senseless administration. They were always quick to pick out faults from the previous administration. Now its glaring how ineffectual they are. Like I always tell party chieftains, "don't even involve yourself in any opposition, they'll vote themselves out by their poor performance coz its so glaring that APC is the highest fraud that has ever happened to Nigeria. I'm just waiting for a probe from our expected party come 2019 and we'll all see how APC milked Nigeria in a spate of 4years. Bunch of thieves and bastards.
Quote me and die!!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by PMBisaterrorist(f): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
buhari is a terrorist

37 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
Keneking:
We would stabilise it with Yuan
Are you not tired of misleading people with your irrelevant comments?
Lets pray for this guy.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Isoni(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by englishmart(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
what do you expect?
When prices of everything increases,
The value of the currency depreciates.

BTW, those two heads are less than that one head below

26 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by gurunlocker: 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
Inflation ooo.... Bubu don kill us for this country

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Almajiri1: 8:05pm On May 12, 2016
A bag of rice is going for 25,000 Naira now! Buhari has finished this country.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Smartsyn(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2016
Chai..
Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Femiwilli: 8:06pm On May 12, 2016
STRANGE TURN OF EVIDENTS WITH THIS APC.

AND THE LIST GROWS.

[b]WELL APC & BUHARI KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

We are finally reaping the benefits of Change!

Price of food is heading for the skys shocked

The Naira is nose diving, looking for oil that NNPC is no more producing. angry

Fulani Herdsmen are now the mobile version of Boko haram, killing with impunity.

THE PRESIDENT IS SPENDING MORE TIME TRAVELING THAN GOVERNORING

IN THE NATIONS BUDGET HE ALLOCATES N40 Billion to look for Oil in the north,
when Oil prices are rock bottom and people are closing Oil wells.
He wont diversify the Economy but insists on looking for Oil in the North.

IN HIS BUDGET HE SPENDS MORE MONEY ON INFORMATION THAN DEVELOPMENT

HE PUTS A TAX OF N50 THAT WILL AFFECT MANY POOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PAID SALARIES.

IN FIGHT FOR CORRUPTION THOSE FROM THE SOUTH GET ARRESTED.
THOSE FROM THE NORTH HAVE THEIR OFFICES ARRESTED.
BORNO HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY BUILDING WAS ARRESTED.

http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/politics/item/5614-breaking-news-efcc-seals-borno-house-of-assembly

FORMER VP SAMBO GET HIS OFFICE ARRESTED TOO

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/dasukigate-efcc-raids-ex-vp-sambos-office/

OILSAH METUH GETS ARRESTED NOT HIS OFFICE

FFK TOO GETS ARRESTED BEING FROM THE SOUTH
[img]https://1.bp..com/-POgoU1UGBV0/VzC85OOxYTI/AAAAAAABL54/usft6pWVuSYYaiugZyoqDR1wTHZHP1UkQCKgB/s1600/ffk%2Barrested%2Befcc.jpg[/img]

SENATE PRESIDENT RIGGED HIS WAY TO OFFICE,
AND HIS PARTY IS SUPPOSED TO FIGHT CORRUPTION.
IT'S LIKE ARMED ROBBERS GUARDING YOUR HOUSE

THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY HAS GONE FROM BEING THE MOST ANTICIPATED IN THE WORLD
TO BEING IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.

THE PRIVATE SECTOR IS SUFFERING UNDER BUHARI & APC

THE APC's SENATE PRESIDENT IS FIGHTING FOR HIS POLITICAL CAREER!

APC GUBERNATORIAL KOGI CANDIDATE STOLE MONEY AND ADMITTED IT, YET FREE

BOKO HARAM IS KILLING WITH IMPUNITY.

FULANI HERDS MEN ARE KIDNAPPING YORUBA ELDERS WITH EASE.

FULANI HERDS MEN ARE KILLING FARMERS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

BUHARI DON ENTER JP MORGAN EXITS NIJA

NAIRA DON DEY FALL.
IT'S NOT OIL PRICE BECOS SAUI ARABIA TOO SELLS OIL
AND THEIR CURRENCY IS OKAY.
ALSO THE PRICE OF OIL DID NOT FALL WHEN GMB GOT IN IT FELL WHILE GEJ WAS THERE,
BUT WHEN GMB GOT IN THE NAIRA HAS BEEN FALLING.

BOKO HARAM SUSPECTS ARE BEING SET FREE AND REWARDED FOR MURDER

[img]http://i1.wp.com/ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/suspects3.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640%2C423[/img]

WHEN BOKO HARAM BOMB, GMB DOES NOT GO TO SEE THE SITES.

BUHARI IS THE ONLY LEADER TO THINK MICHELLE IS THE PRESIDENT OF WEST GERMANY.

BUHARI IS THE ONLY NIGERIAN LEADER THEY WONT LET ADDRESS THE NATION DIRECTLY,
SO HE DOES NOT ADDRESS TINUBU AS AWOLOWO SINCE HE THINKS MICHELLE IS THE PRESIDENT OF WEST GERMANY.

NIGERIA'S ECONOMY THAT WAS REGARDED WORLD-WIDE AS GROWING IS NOW IN JEOPARDY

BUHARI IGNORES FEDERAL CHARACTER AND APPOINTS ONLY THE NORTH TO KEY POSITIONS.
BUHARI IN A DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM IS PRACTICING NORTHOCRACY.
GOVT OF THE NORTH FOR THE NORTH BY THE NORTH

BOKO HARAM MEMBERS WERE ARRESTED IN THE SOUTH EAST & SOUTH WEST

BEGGARS THREATENED THE GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE.

BUHARI IS THE 1ST PRESIDENT TO TAKE HIS CHILD ON A GOVERNMENT FUNDED OFFICIAL TRIP.
AND THE TRIP WAS PAID FOR BY THE TAX OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES.

?AIRA HAS FALLEN SO MANY TIMES SINCE BUHARI & APC GOT IN.

BUHARI HAS CUT OFF THE SOUTH-WEST THAT GAVE HIM THE PRESIDENCY.

GIVES ONLY THE NORTH NICE APPOINTMENTS, WHILE IGNORING THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

MAKE'S SURE ONLY THE NORTH GETS SENATE PRESIDENT & SPEAKER OF REPS.

GRACIOUSLY GIVES THE EAST OF NIGERIA BOKO HARAM PRISONERS

WONDERFUL GIVES THE SOUTH-SOUTH NUCLEAR REACTORS THAT OTHERS KNOW IS A DEATH TRAP.

BOKO HARAM HAS INCREASED IT'S KILLING, EVEN BURNING THE HOUSE OF TOP MILITARY MAN.

BOKO HARAM IS NOW SENDING CHILDREN TO BOMB FOR THEM.

KADUNA STATE GOVERNOR IS CALLING THE VICE PRESIDENT A "MERE COMMISSIONER"

BUHARI DOES NOT WANT TO SUPPORT THE NIGER DELTA GUYS WHO REFUSED VIOLENCE TO GO TO SCHOOL!

NOT ONLY DID APC RIG IN SARAKI AS WE CAN SEE,
BUT ALSO RIGGED IN A CATTLE RARER AS PRESIDENT.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2905117_buharicattle_jpeg067aeaa2a960e9ca5b3a2fa687ed96fd

IMO GOVERNOR SPENDS N600 MILLION NAIRA ON CHRISTMAS TREE

https://www.naij.com/677247-see-christmas-tree-cost-imo-state-government-n600-million-photo.html

THE SAME IMO GOVERNOR WHO SPENT N600 ON A TREE CANNOT PAY SALARIES TO WORKERS.

http://www.timelineng.com/index.php/politics/1040-we-can-t-pay-workers-salary-we-are-broke-gov-okorocha

LIES OF LAI MOHAMMED & BUHARI THAT BOKO HARAM IS TECHINCALLY DEFEATED
YET THEY ARE BOMBING ALL US

http://time.com/4161175/buhari-nigeria-technically-won-war-boko-haram/

PEOPLE ARE BEING LAID OFF LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE

WHO SAID BUHARI & APC ARE NOT WORKING[/b]
[size=36pt] ?[/size]

[img]http://i./Fn7q3cMgPZmqk.gif[/img]

67 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by ZUBY77(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2016
Keneking:
We would stabilise it with Yuan but the official exchange is less than N199. That window has stabilised since May 29, 2015.
Amazing!

Robot

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by cold(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2016
Hmmm..Buharinomics. Let's see where this leads
Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by Praisemelody(m): 8:07pm On May 12, 2016
This is very very bad
Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by dollaflow(m): 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
mutandis mutatis
Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by fulfillment2020(m): 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
We don enter hot soup, more gbege still to come.

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by laurel03(m): 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
Tired of ds country.... Need to port

Re: Increase In Fuel Price Crashes Naira To N345/$1 by allisonluvsu(m): 8:08pm On May 12, 2016
omg! This country is on one chance nw

How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? / 1.4trn Fine: MTN Takes Nigerian Government To Court / Fire Razes Auto Spare Parts Market In Ibadan (Photos, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53