Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater (6747 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom / Nairaland Interschool Debate 3RD EDITION -Winner- Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 10:26pm On May 12, 2016
The Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition came to an end on Sunday, the 8th of May, 2016 and just like her previous two editions, a winner emerged.

This edition which began in the month of December, 2015 with 25 schools in contest, finally had on Sunday,

as her WINNER,

[size=14pt]The OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY[/size]

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1403632_oau-logo_jpegfd792ca2348535d7a50271d82c1b576d[/img]

FIRST RUNNER UP was,

The UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

And the SECOND RUNNER UP,

The LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY

Once again, a hearty Congratulations to the last schools standing.

[size=14pt]Coming Soon...NISD Fourth Edition.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 11:05pm On May 12, 2016
Yes!

The Fourth edition promises to be more exciting than the previous, hence, if you belong to any tertiary institution and you are interested in repping your school, now is the time to indicate interest and build up your team.

Note.

Only undergraduates are allowed to participate.

Lapses.

I will be lying if I said there was none encountered. After each stage of the competition, we had lot of criticisms and suggestions expressed, and now that the competition is done and over with, we intend to sit and deliberate on each of them in order to come out with the best and fair way to serve you.

However, one thing I will not fail to mention is the fact that we gave our best in this
competition. And the judges picked out, they are all tested and trusted - and were never in any way biased while discharging their responsibilities (if in doubt, feel free to go through their respective profile on here and judge their e-persona). Also, none of them, I reiterate, none of them was ever slotted to judge their alma mater, no not one of them, hence, we are using this medium to apologize personally to any judge who felt offended by negative comments written about him/her during the competition.

This piece will not however be complete if we fail to also talk about one of our judges who passed on, by name, Freemanan or FreemanDave as he was fondly referred to on here, rest on dear friend, we are glad we got to know you, your capabilities and what you represent before your demise, your heartfelt impact towards NISD will be forever remembered.

You will surely be missed...

Adios Friend, till we meet to part no more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 11:30pm On May 12, 2016
OKAY,

Before I go head on into the topic of this thread, I want to first acknowledge everyone that took part, albeit painstakingly in this competition from the essay submission stage down to the finals.

To Mr. Seun, we say thank you for the opportunity given us to do this.

To our judges, we love you all, thank you for your time, resources and commitments all the way.
Hidentity, Obinoscopy, Jarus, Uj sizzle, Caracta, Ishilove, KingTom, Herexg, Xynerize, Adeaks, Larrysun, Isacolukay, Rocktation, Crazyman, Joseph1832, Ask4bigneyo, Tonyebarcanista, FreemanDave, Naijadeyhia.

To our coordinators, your time and resources are also well appreciated, thank you.
Fattybabakay, Tosyn2much, Dygeasy, Scentmarlc, Aminat508, Naijaboiy, Miscallenous, Honeydear.

And to our sponsors, words are never enough to appreciate you all, but we say thank you nonetheless.
Ymodulus, Ifyalways, Jarus, Jaybee3, Amiloaded.com, Dominique

And finally to our estemeed debaters, there is no you without us. If only we could make you all winners, we wouldn't hesitate, but since this is a competition, a winner must emerge, regardless, we still celebrate you all. I mean, all essays from the submission thread to the finals were hits back to back.
Thank you for your time, energy, commitments and resources.
And I will want to appeal that no grudges be held against any fellow debater, the judges or the organizers.

And if there was any way we have erred in serving you during the course of this competition, do accept our heartfelt apologies.

Your suggestions anytime are most welcome, and as some of you are about to become graduands, NISD doors are always open for you to come in and be a part of.

Cc:Eduntee, NeonDee, IamDejman, Timidelaw, Horlapelumi, TopeQs, Djhack1, Hamzeiy, Darex1, Timcy01, Awesome11, Binary007, FrancisTony, Damoskiy, Nicolars,LARRYDKING, Epaul, Menzo4u, Betacitizen, Emaculate99, OAUTemitayo, Doskit, Abeos, CroSStodds, Microflux, Miracy, Carlson001, MosquitoLaps, EngineSamuels, Penplayer, Bernoulli01, Tayebest, Catalyst4real, Princee7, Abuklaw, Hardayemmie, Phaulzoe, Tunlak, Darrytoz, Sammyscholar, Ehisdan, Joejonah, KvngKong, Graciousolo, Ekjerez, Tourshaw, Ope4luv, Noskyboy, ObiZEAL, Dongraspo, Geestarry, KhennieJnr, Neyoor, Olalerey, Cassyrooy, Treasuregr8, Aysuccess99, Thollulope, Igraman, Mrsammyenglish, Smhart, Pseudonomer, Nunushokoto, Beautiful80, Perfecter4real, Largeoseni, Ajaniplus, Blesseddivah, Jeremyaaa09.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 11:45pm On May 12, 2016
With that out of the way, we shall proceed into announcing and celebrating the Overall Best Debater NISD, Third Edition.

He is one whose name was found always listed among the Best Debaters' thread in all stages of this competiton.

In the Essay Submission stage, he occupied the Second spot.

In the Elimination stage, he held the Third spot and,

In the Quarter Finals stage, he went back to occupying the Second spot.

https://www.nairaland.com/3017482/nairaland-interschool-debate-semi-finals

And for the just concluded Final stage, he emerged the third highest scored.

Below are the percentage scores of each debater that participated in the just concluded finals,

Holding the Fourth spot with 53% was Neyoor.

The Third spot with 56% was OAUTemitayo.

The Second spot with 62% was Graciousolo and

The First spot with 68% was Emmaculate99.

For the Third Place Match, we had the score card as follows,

The Second spot with 72% was Catalyst4real

And ocupying the First spot with 73% was Eduntee
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 12:26am On May 13, 2016
And without further ado, I present to you, from the winning school (Obafemi Awolowo University) and with a personal cumulative score of 248%,

[size=14pt]OAUTemitayo[/size] as the Overall Best Debater, NISD Third edition.

He is hereby being honoured for standing firm in all stages of the competition.

Congratulations Sir, you have indeed done yourself and your school proud.

The next debater we will like to recognize is one who also is still standing from the list of the best debaters' thread. He is no other than,

Emaculate99. He is also a student from the winning school, OAU and he came first, twice in the quarter stage finals and the just concluded finals respectively.

Congratulations Sir.

And the last debater to be celebrated is one who stood and fought gallantly alone in the quarter stage finals and almost alone in the third place match.

He is by moniker, fondly called, Catalyst4real from Ahmed Bello University.

Congratulation Sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 12:29am On May 13, 2016
BRONZE

[size=16pt]

Catalyst4real[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 12:30am On May 13, 2016
SILVER

[size=16pt]Emaculate99[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 12:31am On May 13, 2016
GOLD

[size=16pt]OAUTemitayo[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by luxanne(f): 1:01am On May 13, 2016
GIVEAWAYS

► A hard copy of the book "The Road to Victoria Island" authored by Mr. Jarus to the debaters of the winning school.

► A soft copy (ebook version) to be given to each debater of the second placed team.

► Best debater to be invited to JarusHub Networking Event - an avenue to meet and dine with some Lagos professionals in a top restaurant in Lagos (This meet holds on every last Saturday of every month, and the debater is free to choose the month he prefers from June to December 2016).

Courtesy: JarusHub Career Consulting
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Fynestboi: 8:13am On May 13, 2016
Dear Nairalander, if you have any suprise package or gift for the Winners, please kindly PM me, annouce it here on the thread, or Contact the TEAM VIA.

nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail. Com.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Nobody: 9:09am On May 13, 2016
Mkpo ase aba o

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Nobody: 9:10am On May 13, 2016
I represent OBA AWON UNIVERSITY!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Nobody: 9:12am On May 13, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Style007(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Caracta(f): 9:18am On May 13, 2016
Congratulations guys.

OAUTemitayo

Emaculate99

Catalyst4real

No female? undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by gaetano: 9:18am On May 13, 2016
undecided all i see is 1 2 3 Gold medals
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by udyheart01(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2016
christiese:
Mkpo ase aba o
Mkpo Nte Ked Ibaha o... Amesiere Eyen eka

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by yemkash(f): 9:27am On May 13, 2016
team OAU

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by SHOPPERS(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2016
Unilorin came second but had no representation among the three best debaters. Issokay

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Nobody: 9:28am On May 13, 2016
Why do i dislike this competition so much? Maybe because it's boring as fuvk

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by ademoladeji(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2016
Probitas Doctrina....

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by WASMOG(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2016
ok
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by lebienconnu: 9:42am On May 13, 2016
You guys are doing a good job here. Keep it up.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Mzzpeece(f): 9:49am On May 13, 2016
I'm interested.... How to i participate in d next edition repp'n my sch?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by Fynestboi: 9:55am On May 13, 2016
Mzzpeece:
I'm interested....
How to i participate in d next edition repp'n my sch?

Keep following the section.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by mysticgal(f): 9:55am On May 13, 2016
I will love to participate in the next competition
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by buoye1(m): 10:06am On May 13, 2016
Nice job.... Keep it up all
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by OlujobaSamuel: 10:18am On May 13, 2016
congrats all.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by TopeQs: 10:28am On May 13, 2016
It was fun......tongue
cheesygrin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by TopeQs: 10:29am On May 13, 2016
It was fun......tongue
cheesygrin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate, Third Edition Overall Best Debater by ernesty20(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2016
I have sth to give

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013/2013 Jamb Syllabus (arts And Science) / Can Waec (ssce) And Neco (gce) Be Combined To Gain Admission? / Mapoly Part Time, Hnd Full Time A Nd Pre Nd Form Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.