Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. (56260 Views)

Richest Men In World History And Their Source Of Wealth / 10 People Who Died Tragically While Trying To Break World Records / The Deadly Mistake Nigerian Undergraduates Make - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by haryomikun(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2016
jojothaiv:

And some dudes on here will be like...

Its just mere coincidence....

Curse are real...
I have learnt something sir and that's to think both ways.

You re saying curses are real coz of one story u heard.

If curses were real a lot of people would be dead by now. That's u laff at people that say they wanna curse me
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by jojothaiv(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2016
haryomikun:

I have learnt something sir and that's to think both ways.

You re saying curses are real coz of one story u heard.

If curses were real a lot of people would be dead by now. That's u laff at people that say they wanna curse me
You see my point...
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by justmenoni: 7:24pm On May 15, 2016
All they do is rubbish

uote author=kudoxs post=45577722] True. Most of these disasters have been recreated in Movies and people learn from History. I trust my Nollywood people, they will never do a movie about History so we can learn, all they do is ............, i don't even know what they do![/quote]
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by iguita: 7:36pm On May 15, 2016
Hahahaha @Explorers. I was in the back sit, silently following
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by haryomikun(m): 2:37am On May 16, 2016
jojothaiv:

You see my point...
Ohh! But you see my point is more valid than yours sir.

If you can counter, counter......
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by deewhone(f): 6:02pm On May 22, 2016
Explorers:
1. The Eruption Of Mount Vesuvius.

The eruption of Mount Vesuvius on August 24, 79 AD, killed a number of people and totally destroyed the ancient Roman city of Pompeii. All of the victims of the eruption were caught unaware, though that shouldn’t have been the case, as the mountain had given several warnings, all of which went completely ignored. Pompeii was not the first town to be destroyed by the eruption of mountain Vesuvius. There had been at least two previous towns, both of which were completely destroyed. Leading up to the day of the eruption, Pompeii experienced series of tremors caused by an increase in the molten rock below Mount Vesuvius. The Romans didn’t know the relationship between such quakes and an impending eruption, so they can’t be blamed for that. On the more superstitious side, Romans believed that sighting giants roaming around a town was an early warning of an impending disaster. Many people living in Pompeii reportedly sighted giants, but no one bothered to find out why.As the date of the eruption drew closer, the mountain, which had been dormant, began to make groaning sounds, and the sea around the Bay of Naples became so hot that it boiled and produced bubbles. Animals, including rats, left the town in droves, while wells and streams, especially those close to the mountain, mysteriously dried up. The people of Pompeii ignored these obvious warnings. (They blamed the hot weather for the dried wells.)
The eruption had the tragic consequences also due to the adverse wind direction. Usually, the wind blew in a direction, which would have blown most of the ash and pumice away but on that fateful day, the wind was blowing in an unusual northwesterly direction straight over Pompeii.
The estimates of how many people died in the tragedy vary greatly but it might have been as many as up to 25,000 people.
People died so much in Pompeii because they were trapped. The only route to escape is through the port/harbour, but the congestion at Port where people were trying to get on boats or ship was much.
Like I'm reading Goh Chen Loung
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by feran15(m): 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
Audray:
Oh .Those are residential buildings ...
in far away ABJ.

Lol wait... that pic is of a cu student.

I was right
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2016
mrhansome12:
Funny enough I have the film in my laptop but have refuse to watch it for reasons I dont know I am going to watch it right away

How can I get the movie pls? Whats the title and do u think I can download it?
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by mrhansome12(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2016
talk2yommex2000:

How can I get the movie pls? Whats the title and do u think I can download it?
The name is Pompeii You can download it but I got mine through a friend
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by talk2yommex2000(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
mrhansome12:
The name is Pompeii You can download it but I got mine through a friend

Thanks.
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Sulejmani: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Please explain further. Thanks

Just cos they single handedly ruled the us economy then, Rothschild booasted about that...
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2016
Sulejmani:

Just cos they single handedly ruled the us economy then, Rothschild booasted about that...

Thanks for the information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eluemunor Richard Okasia Dies In Russia After Rescuing A Drowning Lady (Photos) / Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.