Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari (18833 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari / Shehu Sani Reacts To Obasanjo’s Open Letter To Buhari / Senator Shehu Sani ‏reacts To The Disappearance Of $500 Million Recovered Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by professore(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2016
[quote author=derecho post=45572389]In 1892 at Stanford University, an 18-year-old student was struggling to pay his fees. He was an orphan, and not knowing where to turn for money, he came up with a bright idea. He and a friend decided to host a musical concert on campus to raise money for their education.

They reached out to the great pianist Ignacy J. Paderewski. His manager demanded a guaranteed fee of $2000 for the piano recital. A deal was struck and the boys began to work to make the concert a success.The big day arrived. But unfortunately, they had not managed to sell enough tickets. The total collection was only $1600. Disappointed, they went to Paderewski and explained their plight. They gave him the entire $1600, plus a cheque for the balance $400. They promised to honour the cheque at the soonest possible.

“No,” said Paderewski. “This is not acceptable.” He tore up the cheque, returned the $1600 and told the two boys: “Here’s the $1600. Please deduct whatever expenses you have incurred. Keep the money you need for your fees. And just give me whatever is left”. The boys were surprised, and thanked him profusely.It was a small act of kindness. But it clearly marked out Paderewski as a great human being.Why should he help two people he did not even know? We all come across situations like these in our lives. And most of us only think “If I help them, what would happen to me?” The truly great people think, “If I don’t help them, what will happen to them?” They don’t do it expecting something in return. They do it because they feel it’s the right thing to do.

Paderewski later went on to become the Prime Minister of Poland. He was a great leader, but unfortunately when the World War began, Poland was ravaged. There were more than 1.5 million people starving in his country, and no money to feed them. Paderewski did not know where to turn for help. He reached out to the US Food and Relief Administration for help.He heard there was a man called Herbert Hoover — who later went on to become the US President. Hoover agreed to help and quickly shipped tons of food grains to feed the starving Polish people.A calamity was averted. Paderewski was relieved.

He decided to go across to meet Hoover and personally thank him. When Paderewski began to thank Hoover for his noble gesture, Hoover quickly interjected and said, “You shouldn’t be thanking me Mr. Prime Minister. You may not remember this, but several years ago, you helped two young students go through college. I was one of them.”

The world is a wonderful place. What goes around comes around. Please help others to the best of your ability. In the long run you may be helping yourself. God never forgets anyone who sows a good seed in other people, never.

Nothing in nature lives for itself. Rivers don't drink their own water. Trees don't eat their own fruit. Sun doesn't give heat for itself. Flowers don't spread fragrance for themselves. Living for others is the rule of nature. And therein lies the secret of living.

If you find this useful please pass it on.

Wonderful piece
Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2016
Omokaysmith:
Buhari has disappointed me
How the hell does he expect the masses make sacrifices while he runs a presidential fleet of 11 exotic jet funded with billions of Naira of tax payers money..
This is hypocrisy
This is not the change I voted for

Didn't I warn you guys? How the hell did you think that a man like bubu without any clear cut achievement, was the right man to lead us in 2015? We swept critical issues like his certificate under the carpet. Everything he did was shrouded in secrecy and mystery. I knew he was empty headed and bigoted. I don't doubt his zeal but that is not enough to lead in today's Nigeria. Go back to sleep. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Didn't I warn you guys? How the hell did you think that a man like bubu without any clear cut achievement, was the right man to lead us in 2015? We swept critical issues like his certificate under the carpet. Everything he did was shrouded in secrecy and mystery. I knew he was empty headed and bigoted. I don't doubt his zeal but that is not enough to lead in today's Nigeria. Go back to sleep.
Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by Abeymills(m): 3:49pm On May 13, 2016
Bubuhari is wicked n evil
Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by dumpointer: 5:06pm On May 13, 2016
Please does anyone have an update on the outcome of the NLC/TUC meeting. At least let hear what the mumu toothless dogs have to say about the fuel hike.
Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by sanusidabo: 5:16pm On May 13, 2016
Useless senator when the oil marketers & DPR were diverting the fuel and selling the product above #220 instead of the #86.50 the idiots senators busy collecting Saraki exotic cars and did nothing over those atrocities. May Allah continue to help Federal government in her effort towards better Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari by CioAngels(f): 7:40pm On May 13, 2016
manutdrichie:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203305-fuel-price-hike-dont-take-nigerians-granted-kaduna-senator-shehu-sani-warns-buhari.html
Is it only fuel? Works, power and housing minister mr babatunde fashola said whether they give us light or not we must pay high tariff bill which effectively started with february bill. They will tell the poor to make sacrifice to make Nigeria better while they steal all the money to build mansions, estates, schools, (universities) and buy helicopters for themselves. May God judge them all accordding to your deeds. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike: I Can Walk Around Rivers State Without Security Because I Have Performed / Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Photo : APC Candidate, Ajimobi Now Campaigning With Ijebu Garri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.