Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty (11065 Views)

Entrepreneurship - Is It For You? / Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2016
etim4school:
Nice write up Engr,
From the aforementioned and holistic approach culminating into curative measures with respect to our country's pressing challenge of job creation and provision of Employment opportunities for our teeming graduates that have been withal job placements ...
I agree totally with this master piece as lack of innovation, invention and productivity should not be tolerated in a setting where currency appreciation and economic boost is desired.
I commend you sir and it's worthy to note that if adhered to... Then massive improvement in the state of our nation is not far-fetched.
#kudos

curative and holistic solution is what Nigeria needs and that is what we should pursue. We need all hands on deck. Thanks I appreciate your comment

2 Likes

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by anigold(m): 6:03pm On May 19, 2016
Gmajor:
Its shameful that the children of the rich who have access to large amounts of capital and sound technical advice wil never go into enterpreneurship. Rather their parent will fix them in CBN
sad truth...
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by anigold(m): 6:20pm On May 19, 2016
Acidosis:

All around the world, majority go to school with the aim to obtain a job in Microsoft, GTB, GE, etc.

Had it been the gospel of entrepreneurship started earlier, Nigeria must have grown beyond this level. While Dangote was building his edifice, how many of our parents had the guts to launch a startup. Go and ask anyone within the age group of 60 - 70, they'll tell you the fact that JOBS were readily available for even primary school leavers. They practically begged people to take government jobs.

My dad fired himself on a Friday and got another job with the Kwara State Govt on Monday without stress or connection.

If the gospel of entrepreneurship, innovation and technology was preached 40 years ago, we would have gone beyond this level.

Nobody in Nigeria ever thought about owing a private university until 1996! Just imagine!! Meanwhile, the oldest private university in the world opened its gate in 1636 (LOL!).

Let the message of entrepreneurship sink deep into ALL. Nigerians presently have some innovative entrepreneurs (e.g. founders of Jobberman, Konga, etc), it will get better with time.

What I think you should address is the inadequate number of Industrialists. Some students have great plans, but it takes series of "traditional entrepreneurial" tasks to achieve their aims. No bank in the world fund "innovative ideas", especially those raised by 'poor students'

brother you made an excellent point here. But they are many banks in the world that fund innovative ideas mostly American,Asian and European banks.. In fact they do that via venture capitalist.. Nigerian banks only give loan to wealthy Nigerians who dont even need the loan thats the funny part most times with no collateral,but if you need a loan of N5M they will ask you for N10M collateral..
The main reason the western world are ahead all other regions is that they are risk takers...

1 Like

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2016
anigold:
sad truth...
Nigeria is really having it rough
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by ayobamipeters(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2016
nice write up and well articulated points.
Whether its vocational, conditional entreprise etc all that matter is how much the government is willing to invest in the education sector because this will reflect in ur job creating ability , it doesn't matter which class of the entrepreneur u belong to. Mc Donald in d US started as a barbecue restaurant in 1940 but in no time the coy became a multinational and as at 2015 they already have 420'000 people working for dem. Isn't dat job creation?
Founders of mc Donald experienced growth just because they ve all it takes to bring creative ideas into wat people will call a menial job now. Let out leaders or lemme say the affluent invest massively in us , in the education sector and people will be amazed at what the results will be. Nice job again writer.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by solutionsnow: 4:23pm On May 20, 2016
ayobamipeters:
nice write up and well articulated points.
Whether its vocational, conditional entreprise etc all that matter is how much the government is willing to invest in the education sector because this will reflect in ur job creating ability , it doesn't matter which class of the entrepreneur u belong to. Mc Donald in d US started as a barbecue restaurant in 1940 but in no time the coy became a multinational and as at 2015 they already have 420'000 people working for dem. Isn't dat job creation?
Founders of mc Donald experienced growth just because they ve all it takes to bring creative ideas into wat people will call a menial job now. Let out leaders or lemme say the affluent invest massively in us , in the education sector and people will be amazed at what the results will be. Nice job again writer.

hum, McDonald made use of technology (created/innovated by Americans) to develop his business into a global venture. Those technology products used by McDonald has been developed to become global ventures as well. We need innovative entrepreneurs enmass as well as traditional entrepreneurs
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by Morewealth121(m): 10:10pm On May 20, 2016
solutionsnow:

what the OP is saying is that most graduates of developed countries built their dreams in-line with the courses they studied on campuses, so they were able to create abundant job opportunities. But Nigeria wants all graduates to build their dreams along the same chin chin and liquid soap production.

Besides, why should we turn out graduates if we can make them white collar job creators?

Pls what are the dreams, special dreams you have for today's graduate? Thank you
EDUCATION will definitely prepare you to survive in any situation. before being a graduate you must have that particular dream or wish u what to be. check how MIKE ADENUGA N CO start their empire. what makes America survive today its because of their innovation and invention.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by Noblebliss(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2016
Wow that's wow, Engr U've said it all .
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by breadlife: 12:19am On May 21, 2016
This article is vague. So you mean Tom Monaghan is a traditional entrepreneur?

1 Like

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by breadlife: 12:31am On May 21, 2016
All of you that are always about education will end up working for Orji uzo kalu who didn't go to school. founder of Facebook u mentioned didn't learn hacking and coding in school, infact he's a drop out.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by ipain: 12:47am On May 21, 2016
Don't you just love Nigerians? After the talks, everyone goes to bed only to return next day to continue the talk from where they left off.

Until the OP build his center where discuss this things or making provision for the voids, I will take him serious.

Who has the world ever given something on a platter of gold.

Dangote sold cement in a shop sometime in his timeline. If you want it, you will find away.

2 Likes

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 7:03am On May 21, 2016
@op, Gospel of Traditional enterpreneur as you called it is not that bad but failure of the government to create enable environment for such enterpreneurers to grow.

You claimed somewhere in your subsequent posts that someone should read a book about 'How nation developed'. Well, i dont think you'd read it yourself or maybe you read the ones concocted by imperialists scholers.

No national will ever developed by neglecting the so called Traditional enterpreneur. Every developed country in Europe and America started their developmental progress by the means of PROCESS. Starting from Agrarian society to Trade(retailers and machants), then industries. Infact if the so called gospel of traditional enterpreneur has started earlier(1960's), there would've been a thousand indigenous companies like Dangote group today.

I know someone will say i misunderstood the Op, NO he was still saying the same think by terming the campaign for his Traditional enterpreneur a SCAM.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by solutionsnow: 7:32am On May 21, 2016
yemmit90:
@op, Gospel of Traditional enterpreneur as you called it is not that bad but failure of the government to create enable environment for such enterpreneurers to grow.

You claimed somewhere in your subsequent posts that someone should read a book about 'How nation developed'. Well, i dont think you'd read it yourself or maybe you read the ones concocted by imperialists scholers.

No national will ever developed by neglecting the so called Traditional enterpreneur. Every developed country in Europe and America started their developmental progress by the means of PROCESS. Starting from Agrarian society to Trade(retailers and machants), then industries. Infact if the so called gospel of traditional enterpreneur has started earlier(1960's), there would've been a thousand indigenous companies like Dangote group today.

I know someone will say i misunderstood the Op, NO he was still saying the same think by terming the campaign for his Traditional enterpreneur a SCAM.

seems you dont want to get what the OP is saying, he never said we should discard traditional entreprenuership, he is saying we should lay extreme emphasis on the development of innovative entrepreneurship as that is what can generate rapid development.

Funny enough, Dangote started entrepreneurship as a capital entrepreneur, he was never a traditional entrepreneur
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 8:32am On May 21, 2016
solutionsnow:

seems you dont want to get what the OP is saying, he never said we should discard traditional entreprenuership, he is saying we should lay extreme emphasis on the development of innovative entrepreneurship as that is what can generate rapid development.

Funny enough, Dangote started entrepreneurship as a capital entrepreneur, he was never a traditional entrepreneur

What makes him believes there were no innovative interpreneurship ideas? I can boldly tell you today that there are many graduates possessed such qualities. I'm sure if someone like op is given a chance to address this problem,he will keep talking about lack of innovative enterpreneurship instead of focusing on the factors militating against the development of such ideas.

That was why I mentioned 'enable environment' in my previous post. And yes Dangote started enterpreneurship as a capital enterpreneur the same way many would've started then if they were made to believes in themselves rather than seeking employment under government.

In my own view, Nigeria can be a great industrialize nation if we can address the following:

1. Low interest free collateral loan for existiing businesses especially the ones formed by the groups. New businesses should be thoroughly screen out before such loan be granted.

2. Group is very important,people should learn how to form a group. This is number one killer of sole businesses.

3. Innovation, this is very important. The practical knowledge of the business owners should be examing before the registration should be allow by CAC.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2016
yemmit90:

What makes him believes there were no innovative interpreneurship ideas? I can boldly tell you today that there are many graduates possessed such qualities. I'm sure if someone like op is given a chance to address this problem,he will keep talking about lack of innovative enterpreneurship instead of focusing on the factors militating against the development of such ideas.

That was why I mentioned 'enable environment' in my previous post. And yes Dangote started enterpreneurship as a capital enterpreneur the same way many would've started then if they were made to believes in themselves rather than seeking employment under government.

In my own view, Nigeria can be a great industrialize nation if we can address the following:

1. Low interest free collateral loan for existiing businesses especially the ones formed by the groups. New businesses should be thoroughly screen out before such loan be granted.

2. Group is very important,people should learn how to form a group. This is number one killer of sole businesses.

3. Innovation, this is very important. The practical knowledge of the business owners should be examing before the registration should be allow by CAC.

Thanks for your comment. The topic of this article is PART 2 ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS............ This means there is a part one to this write-up. The link to part one is on the first paragraph, not sure you have read it. Try read it if you havent so that you'll understand my entire perspective of entrepreneurship.

If capital is the only thing needed to start businesses, advanced nations would cripple education, science and technology development and just roll out money for all her youths and graduates. I have been asking how thousands of graduate botanists, food scientists, geologist can create businesses that will really generate job opportunities when given hundreds of thousands of naira. Where are the business ideas, are they not the chin chin entrepreneurship?

I'll tell you more soon.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 3:34pm On May 21, 2016
oneolajire:

Thanks for your comment. The topic of this article is PART 2 ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS............ This means there is a part one to this write-up. The link to part one is on the first paragraph, not sure you have read it. Try read it if you havent so that you'll understand my entire perspective of entrepreneurship.

If capital is the only thing needed to start businesses, advanced nations would cripple education, science and technology development and just roll out money for all her youths and graduates. I have been asking how thousands of graduate botanists, food scientists, geologist can create businesses that will really generate job opportunities when given hundreds of thousands of naira. Where are the business ideas, are they not the chin chin entrepreneurship?

I'll tell you more soon.

Ok, i will check the other thread.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2016
yemmit90:

Ok, i will check the other thread.
k, #waiting
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 10:13pm On May 22, 2016
I've gone through your former thread,very articulating pieces of info i must say. And if i must understand you very well, you did placed more emphasis on injection of more fund into education and research purpose as a mean of setting up our graduates on the path of self industral development.

Well, that was a good ideas. But on a more serious note, there is more to the problem of unemployment in this part of the world than what you wrote down there.

Perhaps you were not abreast of different talents and inventors that have been discovered and brought back to oblivion as a result of lack of incentives from government and the society. For instance, i know some graduates and professors who can built or invent things. But do you know their major problems? (Capital, and environmental factors). Even on Nairaland here,we have seen many inventors and where are them today. I know of a guy here on NL who made/proposed 'brick laying maching', this man must have been frustrated offline before coming online to present his plan. Where is him today or his proposed Brick laying maching(I'm sure he must be somewhere now doing other job or roaming about the streets).

Also, did you even aware that government spent alot of money on research each year? If you doubt me, then you may like to ask someone( a professor )who will genuinely tell you the truth. Besides, who do you expect the said governement huge investment in education and research be entrusted to? Is it the same set of professors or we hire foreigners to carryout the said research? I can tell you today, if the whole 2016 budget was diverted to education, you will never see a good result. You know why, our educational system was not based of value, econmomic,tradition,technology and culture of indigenous.

Finally, i noticed you misunderstood the meaning of investment/enterprenuer with invention in that article. You can invent anything from nothing using your mental prowess without spending a dime(this is why the example of Facebook and Microsolf founders you gave might not correlated). Just like the way Seun created this site from his brain and he's making millions today. Invention that will lead to industries as you said required CAPITAL and suitable environment for it to fuction. And if graduates are to establish businesses on the basis of course study as you said, where do you espect them to get money after creating the ideas?

In my Opinion, except we address the 3 points i highlighted in my previous post, it may be difficult for this country to be industrialised. SME is a steping stone to industrial development- Fact#
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 22, 2016
Morewealth121:
one world for graduate. BUILD YOUR DREAM OR SOME ELSE WILL HIRE YOU TO BUILD THIERS

Dreams aren't built on air!

1 Like

Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2016
yemmit90:
I've gone through your former thread,very articulating pieces of info i must say. And if i must understand you very well, you did placed more emphasis on injection of more fund into education and research purpose as a mean of setting up our graduates on the path of self industral development.

Well, that was a good ideas. But on a more serious note, there is more to the problem of unemployment in this part of the world than what you wrote down there.

Perhaps you were not abreast of different talents and inventors that have been discovered and brought back to oblivion as a result of lack of incentives from government and the society. For instance, i know some graduates and professors who can built or invent things. But do you know their major problems? (Capital, and environmental factors). Even on Nairaland here,we have seen many inventors and where are them today. I know of a guy here on NL who made/proposed 'brick laying maching', this man must have been frustrated offline before coming online to present his plan. Where is him today or his proposed Brick laying maching(I'm sure he must be somewhere now doing other job or roaming about the streets).

Also, did you even aware that government spent alot of money on research each year? If you doubt me, then you may like to ask someone( a professor )who will genuinely tell you the truth. Besides, who do you expect the said governement huge investment in education and research be entrusted to? Is it the same set of professors or we hire foreigners to carryout the said research? I can tell you today, if the whole 2016 budget was diverted to education, you will never see a good result. You know why, our educational system was not based of value, econmomic,tradition,technology and culture of indigenous.

Finally, i noticed you misunderstood the meaning of investment/enterprenuer with invention in that article. You can invent anything from nothing using your mental prowess without spending a dime(this is why the example of Facebook and Microsolf founders you gave might not correlated). Just like the way Seun created this site from his brain and he's making millions today. Invention that will lead to industries as you said required CAPITAL and suitable environment for it to fuction. And if graduates are to establish businesses on the basis of course study as you said, where do you espect them to get money after creating the ideas?

In my Opinion, except we address the 3 points i highlighted in my previous post, it may be difficult for this country to be industrialised. SME is a steping stone to industrial development- Fact#

In developed nations, inventions dont waste, there are government institutions seeking for inventions for developmemt and commercialisation, (they created a functional system). The invetor still retains the patent ownership. Google these things and you'll see them. Type 'patenting of innovations', 'development of innovations' and many more.

Type 'eatset device' on google, you'll see how a Nigerian doctor became an entrepreneur from the device he invented, which could not be developed in Nig but outside Nig. I will soon send you other 15 inventions of Nigerians developed and commercialised, it is even one of the posts on Nairaland.
Imagine the companies situated abroad now manufacturing the invented products (invented by Nigerians) now providing jobs for foreigners, instead of Nigerians. Capital is not the major thing invetions needs to be developed, it is availability of a functional system.

See the annual science and tech fair done by tertiary institutions and companies abroad, are they not products of education? So why cant we patiently (over the years) develop our education to such an extent? I pity Nigerian if she produce graduates without job creation capabilities but later telling them to practice chin chin and pop corn entrepreneurship.

Lets do it the way it has been done in developed nations. That is my point.

Funny Nigeria (a nation that refuses to properly educate her students), wants to roll out money for graduates to start businesses, I wonder which nation does that and get developed.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by Webleonaides(m): 11:07am On May 23, 2016
I must commend all comments here but please lets be realistic to ourselves, we are all too dependent on the government...think about where every other things fails what should one do... Education failed, government failed, system failed etc... We are where we are because we refuse to embrace development and production... Thats my take.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 1:36pm On May 23, 2016
Webleonaides:
I must commend all comments here but please lets be realistic to ourselves, we are all too dependent on the government...think about where every other things fails what should one do... Education failed, government failed, system failed etc... We are where we are because we refuse to embrace development and production... Thats my take.

Nig is a country where
no new refineries was built in the last 30 yrs
no new iron and steel company exist in the last 30 yrs
no new machine tools company in the last 30 yrs
only less than 2000Mwatt of electricity generating station was built over the last 30yrs

what has the govt done besides salary payment and engaging in wastage and corruption, over the years?

The responsibilities of governments is the same all over the world, previous governments in Nig has only refused to take responsibility of educating and developing her people
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 1:41pm On May 23, 2016
oneolajire:

In developed nations, inventions dont waste, there are government institutions seeking for inventions for developmemt and commercialisation, (they created a functional system). The invetor still retains the patent ownership. Google these things and you'll see them. Type 'patenting of innovations', 'development of innovations' and many more.

Type 'eatset device' on google, you'll see how a Nigerian doctor became an entrepreneur from the device he invented, which could not be developed in Nig but outside Nig. I will soon send you other 15 inventions of Nigerians developed and commercialised, it is even one of the posts on Nairaland.
Imagine the companies situated abroad now manufacturing the invented products (invented by Nigerians) now providing jobs for foreigners, instead of Nigerians. Capital is not the major thing invetions needs to be developed, it is availability of a functional system.

See the annual science and tech fair done by tertiary institutions and companies abroad, are they not products of education? So why cant we patiently (over the years) develop our education to such an extent? I pity Nigerian if she produce graduates without job creation capabilities but later telling them to practice chin chin and pop corn entrepreneurship.

Lets do it the way it has been done in developed nations. That is my point.

Funny Nigeria (a nation that refuses to properly educate her students), wants to roll out money for graduates to start businesses, I wonder which nation does that and get developed.

Now i belives you are a graduate of science(probably Engineer)? For this reason, you may not know much about how society function. We cant do it like developed nations simply because we dont have a functional system like developed nations.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2016
yemmit90:

Now i belives you are a graduate of science(probably Engineer)? For this reason, you may not know much about how society function. We cant do it like developed nations simply because we dont have a functional system like developed nations.

I wrote in the last paragraph of my post (you can read it again) that I have been in active engineering practice for four years now. I have worked with both local engineers and expatriates. I have executed jobs for private, government and multinational companies.

I just need you to tell me the countries that just give out loans to almost all graduates for job creation and got developed, cos you seems to negate my profferred solution.

What Nig needs is creation of functional system that will help innovate and develop the innovation.

Try read the first comment (link) below the post, I wrote it as well. The topis is 'Eradicating mass unemployment with realistic job creation strategies'.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 3:47pm On May 23, 2016
oneolajire:

I wrote in the last paragraph of my post (you can read it again) that I have been in active engineering practice for four years now. I have worked with both local engineers and expatriates. I have executed jobs for private, government and multinational companies.

I just need you to tell me the countries that just give out loans to almost all graduates for job creation and got developed, cos you seems to negate my profferred solution.

What Nig needs is creation of functional system that will help innovate and develop the innovation.

Try read the first comment (link) below the post, I wrote it as well. The topis is 'Eradicating mass unemployment with realistic job creation strategies'.

Good to know you are an Engineer.

Let me go straight to the point this time. The perfect systems or development you see today in Europe and America are not what they acquired by chance but by dynamic process. These countries did not just woke in one morning and starts spending on research, no they did so after every other thing have been put in place.

I challenge you to read the developmental history of Europe and America very well. Trade and merchant are the antecedent of Large businesses and industries you see today. Research are meant for discoveries and modern way of production and not necessary a sole antecedent to industrialisation(especially in developing nation)

Perhaps i should tell you this, i'm currently doing a business i employed 7 persons, and with the remaing few months of this year, if i could get additional 10 million low interest soft loan to execute some plans, there is no way i wont be able to provide jobs for additional 40-50 persons. And if i was able to utilise this money for 5 years, how many persons do you think i would be able to provide jobs for? Therefore if 500 thousand youths got the same opportunity like me, dont you think we will create additional 100 millions jobs for the unemployed population?
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 5:36pm On May 23, 2016
yemmit90:

Let me go straight to the point this time. The perfect systems or development you see today in Europe and America are not what they acquired by chance but by dynamic process. These countries did not just woke in one morning and starts spending on research, no they did so after every other thing have been put in place.

I challenge you to read the developmental history of Europe and America very well. Trade and merchant are the antecedent of Large businesses and industries you see today. Research are meant for discoveries and modern way of production and not necessary a sole antecedent to industrialisation(especially in developing nation)

Perhaps i should tell you this, i'm currently doing a business i employed 7 persons, and with the remaing few months of this year, if i could get additional 10 million low interest soft loan to execute some plans, there is no way i wont be able to provide jobs for additional 40-50 persons. And if i was able to utilise this money for 5 years, how many persons do you think i would be able to provide jobs for? Therefore if 500 thousand youths got the same opportunity like me, dont you think we will create additional 100 millions jobs for the unemployed population?

let me tell you some areas of investment Nig needs
1 Refinery. Dangote is building a petroleum refinery in Lekki. He contracted EIL of India. India a nation with much lesser crude oil than Nig has enough refineries and companies that have acquired technology in refinery equipment and construction. imagine if Nig engineers have been trained and empowered over the years, we would not be suffering fuel scarcity nor importing fuel.

2iron and steel. Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company and others have not produced over many years cos we are too dependent on foreigners. we spend so much on steel importation because we have refused to train our students to take over steel production (I don't mean ASCL or DSC), so we keep wasting money on importation.

3Malaysia could produce abundant palm oil as well as Thailand produce abundant rice not because they used hoes and cutlasses but they make machines for production and we keep buying cos we love hoe and cutlass entrepreneurship.

4 power generation, transmission, and distribution is a problem in Nig cos we have refused to make our graduates capable of taking over , now all the equipment has to be imported, even from India. imagine if our engineers can properly take over the way our law graduates have taken over the legal system in Nig.

5 Do you know we import all the paper we use in this nation? This is because we do not have any company that will turn wood to pulp then to paper. imagine if our graduates can make the the machines.

I have not talked about electronics, computers, furniture, rubber to tyre, and other things we import that other nations have developed over the years.

I don't know how loans given to graduates can make them develop all these. Besides I wouldn't mind to know the kind of business you do. thanks
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by solutionsnow: 10:08am On May 24, 2016
yemmit90:

pls don't be offended. Do you mean your business is not of the traditional entrepreneurship?
what is the importance of attending a tertiary institution when graduates cannot create jobs in Nig, but to graduate and tell them to start chin chin businesses?
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 1:44pm On May 25, 2016
solutionsnow:

pls don't be offended. Do you mean your business is not of the traditional entrepreneurship?
what is the importance of attending a tertiary institution when graduates cannot create jobs in Nig, but to graduate and tell them to start chin chin businesses?

Didnt say that and that was why i used my situation as a case study. Every business has a potential of growing big if a good incentive are giving by the government or society. From my previous example, you could see that my business has a potential of becoming a very big company if i have access to the things mentioned.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2016
yemmit90:

Didnt say that and that was why i used my situation as a case study. Every business has a potential of growing big if a good incentive are giving by the government or society. From my previous example, you could see that my business has a potential of becoming a very big company if i have access to the things mentioned.

https://www.nairaland.com/3060620/eradicating-mass-unemployment-realistic-job

pls follow this link and read how Nig can create abundant job opportunities.
the topic is, Eradicating Mass Unemployment with Realistic job creation strategies.
I wrote it as well
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by yemmit90: 9:16pm On May 25, 2016
oneolajire:

https://www.nairaland.com/3060620/eradicating-mass-unemployment-realistic-job

pls follow this link and read how Nig can create abundant job opportunities.
the topic is, Eradicating Mass Unemployment with Realistic job creation strategies.
I wrote it as well

ok, i will check it.
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by solutionsnow: 7:55am On May 26, 2016
yemmit90:

k
Re: Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2016
yemmit90:

ok, i will check it.

would love to see you make comments on that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Requirements, Cost And Duration For The Processing Of Pencom, Itf And Nsitf Cert / Best Nigerian Bank For UK Returnee Back To Naija / How To Produce Detergent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.