Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

All About Contraception - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / All About Contraception (1075 Views)

Some Weird Contraception Methods Around The Globe / Safe Iud Contraception / World's First Contraception App That Is 99.99% Safe And Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Contraception by Lisaflex(f): 12:37pm On May 13, 2016
Here's what most of you are going to be thinking when you see this thread..... "I already know all there is 2 know about condoms,so this topic isn't necessary". Huh?!! You really think so?
My dear friends, sorry 2 burst ur bubble...There's a whole lot more to contraception than condoms,in fact condoms can be likened to "a needle in a hay sac" when talking about contraception ,and i assure u that there are still some things you do not know about the condoms you are already familiar with. For instance...
Did you know that condoms also have non-contraceptive benefits? I didn't think so smiley

Did you also know that the wishes and needs of the male partner must be considered for any chosen method to be used effectively? Nah,didn't think so

Did you know that the failure of a method is mostly due to user failure rather than an intrinsic failure of the method itself?

Fasten your seat belts for this great ride into the beautiful world of contraception, and together we will put a stop to the rise in unwanted/unplanned pregnancies... *throws the mic 2 the floor and walks out* grin brb jor!
Re: All About Contraception by Lisaflex(f): 12:39pm On May 13, 2016
CONTRACEPTIVES: these are methods, devices or drugs that prevent pregnancy(conception).

CONTRACEPTION: the use of contraceptives to prevent pregnancy(conception).

CLASSIFICATION
1)combined hormonal contraception
- combined oral contraceptive pill(cocp)
-patches
-vaginal rings

2)progestogen-only preparations
-progestogen-only pills(pop)
-Injectables
-Subdermal implants (implanon)

3)Intrauterine contraception
-Intrauterine copper device (IUCD)
-Hormone releasing intrauterine system (Mirena)

4)Hormonal emergency contraception

5)Barrier methods
-Male condom
-Female barriers (female condom ,diaphragm,cervical cap)
-Coitus interruptus(withdrawal method)
-Natural family planning

6)Sterilization
-Female sterilization
-Vasectomy(males)

For each method, i'll be talking about its effectiveness, mechanism of action, benefits, side effects and how to use it.
Re: All About Contraception by kajoula(m): 12:54pm On May 13, 2016
Re: All About Contraception by calberian: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Barney, you shdv still gone ahead to complete your message. There are a lott of useful posts that don't (or, at least, haven't yet) hit frontpage.

Kudos all the same though.

I honour you
Re: All About Contraception by Xenisha: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hello! To be honest, I am very pleased with the fact that these days people are much more responsible about contraception and no longer skimp on condoms and do not have unprotected sex. I only buy condoms from 콘앤돔 shopping mall because I can always find the best condoms here from trusted and reliable companies that sell the highest quality products.

(1) (Reply)

Low Sex Drive / Please Is Garri Nutritional? I Really Need Help / Pregnant While Nursing A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.