Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,852 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Population Of Males Exceeds Females - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Population Of Males Exceeds Females (11879 Views)

The Ghanaian-Igbo-Yoruba Woman That Saved The Population Of Lagos From Ebola / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by aaidel(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
Polygamous culture would probably favor the increase of the female population cos as we all know female foetoses have a higher survival rates than male but me sha like most guys will attest to every girl has a guy so that must mean guys are more abi?
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by ucnduka(f): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2009
It is not a question of number abeg it is a question of the quality
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by shoggy24(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
kaylonda:

YIPPIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
i guess this means i can now accept all TOLA'z gifts, the return ticket to abuja from MUSA and still kip my baby'z (IFEANYI) ring grin grin
Oh,You mean you girls weren't like that before smiley
I wonder how those data were collated, i am guessing by birth in most country seeing how population census data can be skewed in third world/developing countries. Personally i think it almost half both ways considering their is higher number of males dying than females (War, gangs etc). Just natures way of telling everybody that there is someone out there for you.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by hackney(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Topic
Hmmmm. . . . .
So how come my voicemail is full up every minute with msgs from exes??

Hm!! Hm!! grin cool cool
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by koolchicco: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2009
hackney:

@Topic
Hmmmm. . . . .
So how come my voicemail is full up every minute with msgs from exes??

Hm!! Hm!! grin cool cool

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by soloqy: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
Before I saw this research,I always doubted the popular opinion of shortage of men.
Any average looking gal can tell you she has at least 4-5 serious chasers at every point in her life.
Where then is the shortage?

The shortage is in the ready and marriagable(eligible) ones.

Just as there are many girls, sisis, women everyhwhere but very few wives, so also there are many men, bobos and boys and very few husbands.

The question is, in which category do you fit in?

Generaly speaking, there is no shortage in anything but when you start looking for a particular end, thats when it kicks in.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by lannre(m): 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
Perception is not reality oh ! What we know,see and feel is far away from statistical theories.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by osasp(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
soloqy:

The shortage is in the ready and marriagable(eligible) ones.

Just as there are many girls, sisis, women everyhwhere but very few wives, so also there are many men, bobos and boys and very few husbands.

The question is, in which category do you fit in?

Generaly speaking, there is no shortage in anything but when you start looking for a particular end, thats when it kicks in.
word!
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
Feminism Feminist Feminist Agenda Feminist Propaganda. Why are there alot of women flocking singles and marriage conferences?
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by honsule(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
babaearly:

Feminism Feminist Feminist Agenda Feminist Propaganda. Why are there alot of women flocking singles and marriage conferences?
babaearly:

ask them cheesy cheesy
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by spoilt(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
I walk on the streets and I see grown men loitering around. Countless men everywhere I look. Its like its raining men left right and center. Men are not scarce at all. At least not until you are looking for one good one to marry. shocked shocked All of a suddent it's like water , water everywhere but not a drop to drink. shocked shocked
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by donpaulo(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
cool, as against the Bible that says , in the last days, there shall be 7 women struggling for 1 man??!!
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by spoilt(f): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
Yeah, struggling for one good man for marriage. Aside for marriage , men are not scarce. Period.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by bariyakat(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
na wah for all of unna self!!! Men plenty and the average woman wa marry made man. how many men de physical responsible? man guys, make unna for book stuff. the reality be say, many are called but small are chosen. WOMEN,ABEY MAKE UNA FEAR!!
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by koolchicco: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
donpaulo:

cool, as against the  Bible that says , in the last days, there shall be 7 women struggling for 1 man??!!

Dont tell me you're waiting for the last days? grin lipsrsealed
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Donvilo(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
UNTRUE!!! shocked I honestly don't believe this! angry
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by TheSeeker(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
Seun:

And how many of the women they are chasing are the real wife materials? It works both ways man.
Yes, it works both ways but not in the same proportion. Line up ten people from both genders -- you'll find more wife materials in ten than you'd find husband materials in ten.

The truth is good men are not in abundance as much as good women are.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by nolongTing: 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
osisi:

This is a strong case against polygamy since many of them tell us there are more females than males.
That is a lie from the pit of hell.
The world facts tell us there are more males than females in the world.
Infact in virtually all Muslim countries eg Iran,Iraq,Saudi Arabia, Pakistan,Oman,Afghanistan,Egypt,Kuwait where polygamy runs rampant than in most other nations, there are more males that females ,some with very significant margins.
A country like Quatar has a 2:1 male /female ratio.

Nigeria has more males than females too.
Now you know that what you've been fed all along are all lies,lies and more lies.
Check out the facts for yourselves.

I checked it out and I am afraid you are wrong!!!!

You left out these muslim countries: Kazakhstan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, Bangladesh,  Chad

Just Bangladesh alone has more people than Nigeria + Ghana + Togo and it is a muslim country with less men than women.

And come on! we all know that ALL African countries practice polygamy  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin All these countries have less men than women and I did not even get to the end of the list!  :    Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the,  Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia,
Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Lesotho, Namibia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Togo

And probably the famous of them all is the king of swaziland whose Father had 30+ wives and he himself has got 9 wives at last count (probably more now) Yet his country has more men than women.   grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin

Polygamy is rampant in all of the countries I listed is it not?
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
nolongTing:

I checked it out and I am afraid you are wrong!!!!

You left out these muslim countries: [b]Kazakhstan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, Bangladesh,  Chad[/b]Just Bangladesh alone has more people than Nigeria + Ghana + Togo and it is a muslim country with less men than women.

And come on! we all know that ALL African countries practice polygamy  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin All these countries have less men than women and I did not even get to the end of the list!  :    Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the,  Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia,
Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Lesotho, Namibia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Togo

And probably the famous of them all is the king of swaziland whose Father had 30+ wives and he himself has got 9 wives at last count (probably more now) Yet his country has more men than women.   grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin

Polygamy is rampant in all of the countries I listed is it not?

Let me post them and the margin for all to see.
Your theory has been kicked to the curb and you're still arguing.
The world population in general has more females than males according to that report.
You folks are funny

ROFL
.01 ,07 and .04 differences?
Is that enough to marry a second wife? because "females outnumber males"
The population of males in the world outnumber the females and that goes against everything you've ever heard
do with the statistics what you please.
You can go to senegal and marry 1.07 wives to help out

I'm sure you've learnt something today
pass it on
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
grin grin grin    someone needs to sing "aya won lode" to reply soundsultan
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
With all these wars and terrorism targeting men? Women should hurry up and forget this he-must-be-already-rich mentality and grab a copy before Issiah 4 sets in. Although some women want polygamy.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by nolongTing: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2009
$osisi:

Let me post them and the margin for all to see.
Your theory has been kicked to the curb and you're still arguing.
The world population in general has more females than males according to that report.
You folks are funny

Bangladesh  at birth: 1.04 male(s)/female   more males born
under 15 years: 1.01 male(s)/female           more males under 15
[size=18pt]15-64 years: 0.9 male(s)/female  [/size]                 
65 years and over: 0.94 male(s)/female
total population: 0.93 male(s)/female (2009 est.)  .07% more males? shocked shocked shocked

You gave 8 muslim countries as an example and I gave you 8 muslim examples that did not fit you're poxy theory, I also listed many African countries.  Then you tried to post the Bangladesh stats but it did not work well the 15-64 year old category is clear!  and you have the nerve to talk about funny - you're a JOKE!!!! grin grin grin grin ;
D grin grin grin grin Do under 15 year olds have sex in Senegal do they? LMAO!!! What a way for you to learn basic arithmetic and LOGIC!!  Dummy!

$osisi:

is this something to rave about?

I don't give a toss about marraige patterns [size=13pt]"I just checked the stats and that's that"[/size]  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who told you Polygamy was based on male:female ratios? What a ridiculous assumption!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin If the rich want a wife they can get a wife from anywhere in the world. Just admit you are bitter and move on.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by dokey2g(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
To be honest,initially i was thinking that male are scarce but now i have realize that the reverse is the case.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by U1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2009
That still doesn't mean a thing, there are still many ladies out there who have yet to succeed in pinning down a man in spite of the statistics stuff. Besides, Naija is not of them muslim countries. tongue
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2009
I know the stats definitely don't apply to LAGOS.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by greateliso(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2009
a time is coming that seven girls atleast will strive to marry a man or even bear his name.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by donpaulo(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2009
@ koolchicco, WE ARE ALREADY IN THE LAST DAYS wink
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by donpaulo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2009
@ greateliso, pls tell them o cheesy
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by GeorgeD1(m): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2009
guy, are you serious? grin
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by koolchicco: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2009
donpaulo:

@ koolchicco, WE ARE ALREADY IN THE LAST DAYS wink

Really?But wat about the 7women to one man as u said? cheesy
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2009
nolongTing:

You gave 8 muslim countries as an example and I gave you 8 muslim examples that did not fit you're poxy theory, I also listed many African countries.  Then you tried to post the Bangladesh stats but it did not work well the 15-64 year old category is clear!  and you have the nerve to talk about funny - you're a JOKE!!!! grin grin grin grin ;
D grin grin grin grin Do under 15 year olds have sex in Senegal do they? LMAO!!! What a way for you to learn basic arithmetic and LOGIC!!  Dummy!

I don't give a toss about marraige patterns [size=13pt]"I just checked the stats and that's that"[/size]  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who told you Polygamy was based on male:female ratios? What a ridiculous assumption!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin If the rich want a wife they can get a wife from anywhere in the world. Just admit you are bitter and move on.

YOu must not be a politically correct Muslim.

[size=24pt]Males exceed females in the world stats
Q.E.D[/size]
In individual countries,.02 and .05  difference is pretty insignificant
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by maballack(m): 1:46am On Aug 31, 2009
There are so many boyfriends, but very few husbands,
plz note that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: "I Didn't Visit Dangote For Money" / Any Wawa People From Enugu State Here ? / Where Are You From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.