Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (676299 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 13, 2016
don4ye:

Lol... I will be the first to share good news .. Eyen nko?
there is time and season for everything under the sun.. I have said my own and it is so in Jesus name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 9:28pm On May 13, 2016
gunther6:
My testimony thread....

List of testifiers on this thread gunther6 , Holudarey1, dickoflife, Ashbammy, Mekurexx don4ye.... Quote and add your username, na my prayer point be that wink

Amen in Jesus name!
June ending tho lol
God is at work.
I wish us all the best and God's abundant favour.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olayomi(f): 10:01pm On May 13, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bayocanny: 10:30pm On May 13, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 10:48pm On May 13, 2016
yipee thread 9 is here, testimony thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bigfrancis21: 10:58pm On May 13, 2016
Amefrica,

I'm good buddy. How's school? How's Canada? When are you finishing school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 13, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
yipee thread 9 is here, testimony thread.
This's d page I will testify ijn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 11:47pm On May 13, 2016
New thread.. Present sir grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 12:00am On May 14, 2016
I am sharing my Visa testimony very soon IJN...Waiting for I-20 to arrive...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 12:41am On May 14, 2016
amanze15:
Abeg na which one be toll gate again for America again lol, undecided grin cheesy

Nothing like toll gate, its toll road
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 12:48am On May 14, 2016
Nine (9) signifies delivery, therefore, anyone here who desires any kind of testimony (visa, admission, assistantships, exam/test success, etc), by the power in the blood of Jesus, your Testimony shall be delivered to you before the end of this part in the Mighty Name of Jesus...........

Work Hard, Believe and Have Faith. We shall celebrate with you by the grace of God.

WELCOME TO OBAMALAND

28 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by landuseact: 1:05am On May 14, 2016
olayomi:
Hello house, please does being engaged prove enough strong ties to Nigeria?
Also, VO asks most people what they will be working on...as in research project and all.
I have my I-20 but before I contact my advisor and select courses for the semester, the school advised I must have gotten a visa...what do I do in case of being asked such a question?

Kindly advise please.

to answer your second question, it depends. If your course is research based most likely you know the area of research you are pursuing from communications with your professor etc. If it's not a research based course, you can explain that. Sometimes VOs ask instead if you know the courses you would be taking, and usually your advisor sends a list of courses with their descriptions. You can always contact the advisor and ask questions even if you can't register for courses yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by landuseact: 1:07am On May 14, 2016
Please has anyone in the IT field here taken the EMC Data scientist associate exam before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2016
aadeyi:

Nothing like toll gate, its toll road
oga na toll gate, grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 1:24am On May 14, 2016
amanze15:
oga na toll gate, grin grin grin

Na lekki u dey talk about? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 1:29am On May 14, 2016
aadeyi:

Na lekki u dey talk about? grin grin
lol, driving across Maryland-Pennsylvania-Virginia-west Virginia have to be the most beautiful scenery i have seen yet. midwest dey deceive me o, i trip!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:17am On May 14, 2016
don4ye:

Wow wow .. You belong to MFM?

Yes big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:18am On May 14, 2016
don4ye:

Lol... I will be the first to share good news .. Eyen nko?

Amen and so shall it be.. We shall all share good news this year

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kellycute(m): 2:20am On May 14, 2016
Ise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:38am On May 14, 2016
youngmoney416:
you guys should not turn this thread to romance or hookup up zone. Babe I advice you should be careful of gold diggers who would come as saint and leave you heart broken. Most guys here are hustlers

Omo mehn this is so funny cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:39am On May 14, 2016
amanze15:
lol, driving across Maryland-Pennsylvania-Virginia-west Virginia have to be the most beautiful scenery i have seen yet. midwest dey deceive me o, i trip!!! grin grin grin

You dey see sceneries while driving on highway? You must be a slow driver.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:51am On May 14, 2016
imperiouxx:

You dey see sceneries while driving on highway? You must be a slow driver.
so make e come kill himself abi? Slow and steady wins the race joor. Abi u expect his 1950 jallopee to pass 40km per hour? Lol..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 3:08am On May 14, 2016
olayomi:
Also, VO asks most people what they will be working on...as in research project and all.
I have my I-20 but before I contact my advisor and select courses for the semester, the school advised I must have gotten a visa...what do I do in case of being asked such a question?

Kindly advise please.
being engaged add little to your ties, plus there's no proof of engagement. Being married is the best. anyone can get rid of engagement after they reach USA.

you need to research well on the kind of course you are plenty to do. if it's a masters program, you need to know what area of interest you want to look into.

go to your intended school website and look at the courses you will be taking in your first semester
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:36am On May 14, 2016
Walspring:

Amen and so shall it be.. We shall all share good news this year

Amen amen amen... Fire ... The lord will continue to bless us from Zion and make his face to shine upon us.. Dr D K Olukoya's voice

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 4:01am On May 14, 2016
olayomi:

Kindly advise please.

Bros my advice for you na say make you stop that premarital sex, give that gurl ring, and get your original marriage certificate.
So the gurl no go winchi you for the process.

lobatan! you go land for POTUS Palour.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 7:05am On May 14, 2016
Make person come do VO for me na...interview coming up soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olayomi(f): 7:10am On May 14, 2016
zeezahbee:

you need to research well on the kind of course you are plenty to do. if it's a masters program, you need to know what area of interest you want to look into.
go to your intended school website and look at the courses you will be taking in your first semester
landuseact:

to answer your second question, it depends. If your course is research based most likely you know the area of research you are pursuing from communications with your professor etc. If it's not a research based course, you can explain that. Sometimes VOs ask instead if you know the courses you would be taking, and usually your advisor sends a list of courses with their descriptions. You can always contact the advisor and ask questions even if you can't register for courses yet.

Thanks guys, I will do as advised.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2016
zeezahbee:
being engaged add little to your ties, plus there's no proof of engagement. Being married is the best. anyone can get rid of engagement after they reach USA.

what if proof of engagement with kids exists.. Like traditional engagement with pictures and all? Am curious..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hrmajesty: 7:56am On May 14, 2016
Thanks bro, i think the best option is to widen my option. Also, remember i said HND grad n age is not on my side. Someone told me that they wont grant me admission as a freshman cos of my age. I am open to.other options, Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brawnmoney(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2016
dickoflife:
what if proof of engagement with kids exists.. Like traditional engagement with pictures and all? Am curious..

Leaving your kids behind could place you in an unspeakable situation when asked by the V.O
Believe me I'd advice you to just go single.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:30am On May 14, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Amefrica,

I'm good buddy. How's school? How's Canada? When are you finishing school?

School's going great bro. Canada is awesome, just this wildfire thing going on in part of Alberta. I just completed my 2nd year bro, half way through! You should've become a US citizen by now aha grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 8:46am On May 14, 2016
hrmajesty:
Thanks bro, i think the best option is to widen my option. Also, remember i said HND grad n age is not on my side. Someone told me that they wont grant me admission as a freshman cos of my age. I am open to.other options, Thanks
You will be considered a matured student if you are 25years and above applying for an undergraduate admission. But you need a statement/Essay stating what you have been doing since you finish school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.