Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677398 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Helkayklassic(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
Safe trip @Plauses.. Fly safe.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by adup(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
plauses:
I'll be traveling this night, Flying Turkish Air. Will be logging in wherever I find WiFi to give you guys status updates.
Gods grace be with us all as we travel.

Journey mercy to u guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
plauses:
I'll be traveling this night, Flying Turkish Air. Will be logging in wherever I find WiFi to give you guys status updates.
Gods grace be with us all as we travel.

Do have a safe trip. May the angels be on guard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
teejaf:

Amen. Save trip n enjoy ursef

Safe trip and all those traveling this week. Counting up to August...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bolaji92: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
Observant:
Wow i really don’t know how to feel right now.

Here is my story, I applied to study in Canada late 2014, my application was refused for insufficient funds for tuition and living expenses even though I paid first semester of my tuition (7000) and my sponsor had over 25M in her account
I reapplied again but it was refused for insufficient funds for tuition and personal assets, I realized the embassy wanted to see my own fund so Included my fixed deposits, my own statements and stock portfolio, paid off the entire tuition of 27,500 and applied the third time but the embassy did a full 180 reverse and refused my application for "your purpose of visit and length of stay". I was very sad and infuriated that the visa officers there are just playing games with me.
I so much wanted to study in Canada as my older brother and friends are all there but i knew it was time to look elsewhere for my graduate studies.
I was going to apply to Australia, which was my second option, but my entire family discouraged me and gave me zero moral support. They said Australia is far and out of the way so they won't be able to visit. They suggested applying to US.
Well i have always seen US as the big brother to Canada, so if Canada could do that to me i didn’t expect to stand a chance with the US.
I decided to process both countries Australia and US simultaneously; i contracted a renowned education agency that frustrated my life for months all in the name of processing my application. I have had to postpone my admission more than twice and last week after much quarrel, i received my i20 from them. i asked them when my application would be finished off, they said I should print another statement and they provided a list of another fresh documents different from the ones i already gave them.
I decided to conclude my application myself and ignore them.
I reviewed my ds-160 form, booked an appointment for today and submitted it.
As early as 6:50, i received an email from the school i applied to in Australia; it was an admission offer from the CQU Australia. (Of all mornings na this morning wey i dey go interview wey una go send am? well i took it as sign of better things to come).
I took a shower, ate better rice and plantain, went over my documents and left home around 11:30 for my interview schedule for 2:15.
I went through all the security process, when i got into the interview hall, o boy i was dazed to see people being interviewed openly. My moral dropped to -100%, my legs could not carry me any longer.
I am naturally a shy and introverted person so being interview openly was the least i expected.
One guy was being serious investigated, I’m not sure what the guy did but his passport was taken inside and he was left standing at the booth for over 15mins.

Well here goes the transcript

Me: Good day Sir
VO: Good Afternoon.
VO: Who is XXXXXX?
Me: XXXXXXX is my oldest sibling
VO: Why did you choose SNHU
ME: (With so much studding and choking) The Program MS Information Technology at SNHU lay emphasis on bridging the gap between communication, technology and business solution. It has three majors, Network security, Database management and Web design. I am interested in the Network security Major. (Trust me this didn't come out as you have read it, i could barely understand myself while i was saying it)

VO: Which Other school did you apply to?
Me: I applied to Valparaiso and WKU Western Kentucky University
VO: What does XXXXXXX do for a living?
Me: XXXXXX is an assistant bank manager at YYYYYYbank
VO: What do you do?
ME: I work at BBBBBBBBBBhotel as an IT administrator.
VO: Where is BBBBBBBB LOCATED?
Me: Lekki phase one
VO: Do you have family in US
ME: NO
VO: Do you have relatives in US
ME: NO
VO: Do you have friends in US (by now he has dropped my passport in a tray beside him and brought out a white paper.)
Me: No, oh Yes i do (V.O pauses and holds back the white paper), i explained further " it’s a childhood friend who left when we were still in secondary school).
VO: In which state does he live?
Me: Texas (V.O give me the white paper)
VO: Your Visa has been approved pick up your passport in 3 days’ time.
Till now i am still dazed and in disbelieve, there was nothing spectacular about what i said adding to the fact that i choked severally while saying it. The VO was virtually not interested in what i had to say as he was looking at his computer screen and typing 90% of the interview duration.

Finally I will be giving up my Australian dream to embrace what the LORD has done.
I am not the most prayerful, sinless or holy, but what i happened to me today was clearly a divine intervention.
I called my mother to tell her and she is already crying saying
"So you are going to staying in that country alone" (She would have preferred Canada so I will be close to my brother)
I am the last child of my family, everyone’s favorite at home and i am very hard working too.
To everyone out there, i think there is a little bit of faith in everything we do, sometimes we can't fight faith.
Your faith may be somewhere else while you look in another, but must importantly don't give up.

Please house, i will be needing contact of anyone already in Southern New Hampshire University for further enquiries.
God bless you all and thank you for your contributions so far.

One love

@observant congratulations. When are you leaving for snhu.

I will be leaving this week. Let see if we can move together.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
yorubadboy1:

@ masquellett this is my number please flash me and let me call you back so you can explain 08080722046.
Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
yorubadboy1:

@ masquellett this is my number please flash me and let me call you back so you can explain 08080722046.
When is ur interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Chengken:

I kent with Nigerians, cheesy
First of all this is inferiority complex, so you are planning to go overseas and make your accent better. Foh, you are about to spend thousands of $$$$ to change your accent. What in the world were you thinking, and which relative in their right senses will be willing to sponsor this Success in your exams

This is so funny at the same time, the truth. Actually he didn't mean to say it's about accent at the interview. He went without any purpose in mind. I guess he meant to say he wants to learn more about the use of English language.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Observant: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
bolaji92:

@observant congratulations. When are you leaving for snhu.

I will be leaving this week. Let see if we can move together.

My intake is for October, so I still have two months in Naija. When is your intake?
I will definitely keep in touch with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aGirlHasNoName(f): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
Walspring:

Hmmmm...

I hope the person didn't fumble and you need his help based on that now

Just saying my own oo

Why do people have to jump on things they have no business with? I specifically mentioned Mevisbleek, what's the relevance of your comment? If I'd been one childish person, this would have escalated to another series of childish to and fro insults between us. I respect you on this thread, please reciprocate it. Minding one's business is free and comes with no extra burden. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluvicki(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
Please how save is the bank statement runs safe for Us embassy interview, i had its nt usually verified, please help Asap. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
hello awesome people,I'm having difficulty in choosing between SAT with essay ND ordinary SAT ..which will most likely get me admitted..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
aGirlHasNoName:

Why do people have to jump on things they have no business with? I specifically mentioned Mevisbleek, what's the relevance of your comment? If I'd been one childish person, this would have escalated to another series of childish to and fro insults between us. I respect you on this thread, please reciprocate it. Minding one's business is free and comes with no extra burden. Thanks.

cheesy grin ...... is it that serious ? ? . It is not ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Dimejishittu: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Praise God I landed safely at JFK yesterday. The journey was good. Better than I expected it was royal air Maroc left lagos 6 am in the morning almost missed my flight. Got to morocco stop over for 3 hrs then down to New York got there around 6 pm. Here is what went down at POE;
CBP: hello.
Me : hello how you doing
CBP: what course are you studying
Me: engineering technology.
( he thought I had started the program already probably because he saw that I travelled last year). I then told him that am just about to start.
CBP: what kind of food stuffs do u have
Me: noodles, groundnut, dry pepper and some seasonings.
CBP: okay bye bye.
That was it. When I came out of the air port see the way does taxi guys were huzzling to carry me. When I heard there price ($140)I ran away. And went to take bus $17. Pls don't be in a rush only if necessary. You can find out how to take a cheaper route. And if you like u fit call über ......... Lol. If money dey.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Daodudavid(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
texrem:
My transcript in Full

Omo Ijo celestial mimo.. Congrats!! One love

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
yorubadboy1:

Lol...

Hmmmmmm...

Is like the gramma too much.. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
Dimejishittu:
Praise God I landed safely at JFK yesterday. The journey was good. Better than I expected it was royal air Maroc left lagos 6 am in the morning almost missed my flight. Got to morocco stop over for 3 hrs then down to New York got there around 6 pm. Here is what went down at POE;
CBP: hello.
Me : hello how you doing
CBP: what course are you studying
Me: engineering technology.
( he thought I had started the program already probably because he saw that I travelled last year). I then told him that am just about to start.
CBP: what kind of food stuffs do u have
Me: noodles, groundnut, dry pepper and some seasonings.
CBP: okay bye bye.
That was it. When I came out of the air port see the way does taxi guys were huzzling to carry me. When I heard there price ($140)I ran away. And went to take bus $17. Pls don't be in a rush only if necessary. You can find out how to take a cheaper route. And if you like u fit call über ......... Lol. If money dey.

Thank God for safe landing.
I dropped a message for you on whatsapp seff, never knew you've joined Texrem in Yankee.
All the best bro!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
onyembu2013
You've got pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Aduratumilara: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hello. Can someone please help me with schools that offer undergraduate scholarships?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
aGirlHasNoName:

Well I don't even know that you will take things personal like this but to me you over think on this. As for me I didn't see any harm in my post since we both have different ways that we can analyse things maybe that's why you over reacted.

Make you no vex and if you still dey vex, Abeg no vex just rest your mind and thought since what I imagine in my post is not the same as you imagine it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aduratumilara:
Hello. Can someone please help me with schools that offer undergraduate scholarships?

You will need a good SAT or toefl score for those school, are you aware of it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

cheesy grin ...... is it that serious ? ? . It is not ooooo

Dunno she will take it serious like that oooo..

Check your pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aduratumilara:

You can go through the list here....some list the Sat score level you must attain to qualify

http://blog.prepscholar.com/79-colleges-with-full-ride-scholarships

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Aduratumilara: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Walspring:

You will need a good SAT or toefl score for those school, are you aware of it?

Yes I am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
oluvicki:
Please how save is the bank statement runs safe for Us embassy interview, i had its nt usually verified, please help Asap. thanks

You are a useless fellow for trying to derail this thread

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
OluDare01:

Thank God for safe landing.
I dropped a message for you on whatsapp seff, never knew you've joined Texrem in Yankee.
All the best bro!

I am waiting for u too...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
hello awesome people,I'm having difficulty in choosing between SAT with essay ND ordinary SAT ..which will most likely get me admitted..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
sirborjnr:
hello awesome people,I'm having difficulty in
choosing between SAT with essay ND ordinary
SAT ..which will most likely get me admitted..

Write SAT.....it will get u admitted..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Aduratumilara: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
LagosismyHome:

You can go through the list here....some list the Sat score level you must attain to qualify

http://blog.prepscholar.com/79-colleges-with-full-ride-scholarships
Thank you. I have done Sat btw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
Daodudavid:

Omo Ijo celestial mimo.. Congrats!! One love

Welcome.....Thanks...Hope to see u in december..brace up!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aduratumilara:

Thank you. I have done Sat btw

Good...so apply to your favorite schools..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aduratumilara:

Yes I am

That's good and welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.