Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677300 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 3:15am On May 15, 2016
mike1994reds:
i guess i'll be the FIRST testifier in this new part 9 thread. what an honour!!!
all glory to God, my visa was approved at about 11:30 at the usa embassy in lagos.

i just cant thank you guys enough, justwise, dapo, aadeyi, msnas, slimmy, warriboy, ogechukwu,my pseudo-VO and everyone that has ever posted something useful on dis thread. let's keep up d good works.
and my prayer for those having their.interview coming up, the God whose name is.JEHOVAH that did mine.will.do.yours İJN!!

Congrats boss... Many more success stories by God grace

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 4:04am On May 15, 2016
Congrats mike1994reds

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:17am On May 15, 2016
kaykad:
Just tell them the truth, am not married, am over 30 and i got my visa approved. Though i had travel history to the US

Yeah that's my point. Telling the truth is the best and only way to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:22am On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

You are using Kehinde Tawede (Mack IV Consults, cement b/stop ikeja) I can't even start to cry... Just start packaging your $265 through WU money order ($30 penalty fee for each time it bounced + they will never accept credit card from you again or they could just cancel your exam outrightly and you get banned from writing any ETS exam ever again the longer you tarry the bigger you risks, afterwards just go and get police and get the guy arrested he has been doing it for too long.

I said it one time that Nigerians are wicked sha, congrats

I wish someone could get them arrested. It's not fair and the matter shouldn't be let go after just shouting or "displaying" for them. I would strongly consider getting them arrested and shut down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bbdd: 5:38am On May 15, 2016
Imperiouxx
Saw your funny post about UToledo
Funny, I got an admit there with full funding but their stipend was kinda low at 15K so I turned it down.

Fast forward three months later, I met someone who finished with a masters in my field from there and wanted to start a PhD. She was complaining that she wasn't happy with the quality of the instruction she got there.

It's a decent/OK school, but when they start to ask for annoying requirements that clearly exceeds the quality and funding capabilities of the programs offered, it just calls for laughter.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bbdd: 5:47am On May 15, 2016
Bigfrancis21
Francis, do you know any good Nigerian restaurant in DC/noVA area?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kamal9889: 5:54am On May 15, 2016
Thanks alot/..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:58am On May 15, 2016
bbdd:
Bigfrancis21
Francis, do you know any good Nigerian restaurant in DC/noVA area?
bros you sef become chef na...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bbdd: 6:00am On May 15, 2016
dickoflife:
bros you sef become chef na...
Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 6:09am On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

You are using Kehinde Tawede (Mack IV Consults, cement b/stop ikeja) I can't even start to cry... Just start packaging your $265 through WU money order ($30 penalty fee for each time it bounced + they will never accept credit card from you again or they could just cancel your exam outrightly and you get banned from writing any ETS exam ever again the longer you tarry the bigger you risks, afterwards just go and get police and get the guy arrested he has been doing it for too long.

I said it one time that Nigerians are wicked sha, congrats mike1994reds

Thanks for the explanation. Does WU deal at the official rate of 200# to dollar?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 6:22am On May 15, 2016
AgreatMan:

Thanks for the explanation. Does WU deal at the official rate of 200# to dollar?

You cannot send a WU money order from Nigeria you would have to get someone in the US to do it for you, your name and ETS ID will be clearly stated on the money order. Contact ProfTPE he was recently in the same quagmire perhaps his knowledge is more current than mine.
Get the police involved and get every dime of your money back, Kehinde will try to offer you to write another exam do not accept, it will end up the same way. It is just sad that you have to pay at least 85k to fix this. Next time DIY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 6:24am On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

Sister dey package your $235 MackIV is always card, I don learn. I could have done this thing 4 or 5 yrs ago maybe one day soon when i get my Visa I will tell tales but Agreatman now is a great time to lawyer up.

Also I saw 197 to 1 dollar on onlinefx Dot western union dot com. Will it be safe to assume that that is the rate cos I belive d site is a legit WU site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 6:25am On May 15, 2016
mike1994reds congrats and wish you the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 6:28am On May 15, 2016
AgreatMan:

Also I saw 197 to 1 dollar on onlinefx Dot western union dot com. Will it be safe to assume that that is the rate cos I belive d site is a legit WU site.

Bros no bank will do WU for you in Nigeria currently they will just keep running you in circles or simply tell you to source for your own dollar, you can only receive WU @ 197 besides the WU money order can't be sent from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:38am On May 15, 2016
biikeys:

Yes they will...that's even if they ask you. I asked the same exact question years ago..as long as you have very good reasons which I think you do, you'd be good. By the way, you have family in Texas?

Nope, no relative in Texas. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:46am On May 15, 2016
AgreatMan:

gunther6 is right. You'll have to send a money order (MO) to ETS. I have/had the same problem. My scores were sized so I connected with someone in the US that helped raise and ship the MO to ETS last week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2016
Haaaa fear dey catch me o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2016
aadeyi:

I think what he is trying to point out is the guy's earlier post where he was teaching someone to lie and at the same time advising him to go to MFM for prayers.

You have a good head on that shoulder.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:39am On May 15, 2016
Depends on how you can negotiate with them. Also just like their sevis(so i heard), they can use a fair rate but u pay extra N10k or so to them
Walspring:

The last time i checked, Gieva doesnt charge at official rate but I don't know if they have started
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:45am On May 15, 2016
First off no bank does WU at 197. Its actually WU that decides the rate and they have increased it. I used WU to send sevis fee to someone in the US. Tho WU rate is lower than MG. i was even lucky that WU portal opened (they tell me it hardly does) & also cuz i was a regular customer at that particular branch. Use MG.Be ready to meet their "rules" bevause of CBN new policies...are you in Lag?
AgreatMan:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:52am On May 15, 2016
Bros, whats your definition of fair rate? I have $200 cash and willing to do at 310. Black market is 365-370.
Dapsey66:
Hi guys. How is everyone doing? we are in trouble with this dollar thing. Who has dollars and willing to trade for naira at a fair rate? My bank seems to be hoarding the dollar and I really cant count on them. Help a brother. feels like we are about to suffer the great depression.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 7:57am On May 15, 2016
I dont know how payoneer works too. I have used paypal and they charged ne almost 368 for a $100 transaction. Be ready to do "afa nna na mmuonso" before you click pay using paypal and then receive debit alert
AgreatMan:

Thanks. Will probably try d Gieva guys cos I want to avoid d crazy exchange rate. But I have a dollar credit card (Payoneer) that I could use but just don't know how to go about the whole tin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 7:59am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
First off no bank does WU at 197. Its actually WU that decides the rate and they have increased it. I used WU to send sevis fee to someone in the US. Tho WU rate is lower than MG. i was even lucky that WU portal opened (they tell me it hardly does) & also cuz i was a regular customer at that particular branch. Use MG.Be ready to meet their "rules" bevause of CBN new policies...are you in Lag?

I am on my way back to lag today. I just want anywhere I can him get something closer to the official rate. As for mackiv consult, I don't have his time for now as I urgently need to clear up this process. When I have his time, he will get me my money one way or d other. Please can u explain further regarding the MG rules.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by CBNL2014: 8:13am On May 15, 2016
anyone going for F1 student visa this thursday? Holla lets motivate one another.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:46am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Bros, whats your definition of fair rate? I have $200 cash and willing to do at 310. Black market is 365-370.
hi. i am interested in buying the dollars from you.
i am in lagos. please let me have your number or text me
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 8:57am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Depends on how you can negotiate with them. Also just like their sevis(so i heard), they can use a fair rate but u pay extra N10k or so to them
how much does gieva charge for sevis fee and how reliable are they
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by angel34real(f): 9:39am On May 15, 2016
It is mostly obtainable here in Rhode Island...dunno what it is called in your area. Their exchange rate is N312 per dollar if you want to send to Nigeria. Try some African market, they can direct you.

Aadeyi! Thanks for your response. Do you know what it's called in Texas or if the have an office in Texas or its environs? I'm currently in West Texas Midland-Odessa. Permian Basin. African market exchange is low (305). Please, can I send you a PM? I'll like to ask a few more questions. I'm earnestly waiting for your response. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Wininlight(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2016
Morning House! It nice to see inspiring stories of people who made it encouraging others here. From the little I've read, two things tend to be outstanding in getting a visa and thats having ties with Nigeria and bank statement. I'm applying for masters in a school in Kentucky and I'm married. My issue is with bank statement.... could someone in the house please throw more light on all the requirement for BS and can it come from an Uncle?
Again, what are the other reasons why people get bounced?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:32am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
I dont know how payoneer works too. I have used paypal and they charged ne almost 368 for a $100 transaction. Be ready to do "afa nna na mmuonso" before you click pay using paypal and then receive debit alert
what's the exchange rate of stanbic bank ? cos I've joined my stanbic acct with my PayPal account and intend for my GRE exam.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:32am On May 15, 2016
aadeyi:

Who MFM neva Epp?

You want to know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.