Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677345 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:04pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:
Hello guys I've been trying to upload a passport photograph on ds-160 form, but is not going through

Send me the passport to resize for you that will fit the size required

brightify:
Please guys I do not know a good photographer where to my passport photograph

You don't need all this stress bro..

Just go to any photographer and tell them you want to take the kind of photograph that they used for visa processing at the embassy, am sure they know it..

You can ask them to send a copy to your email and you resize it from there to fit in for the size required by the embassy or you take it to a business centre and scan it to the size required by the embassy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 10:06pm On May 28, 2016
sofadj:

Check the Size of the picture you are trying to atttach. it shouldnt be more than a specific kb ( i think 256 or so).
That being said, it doesnt really matter as you are still required to come with a white-background passport to the embassy.
If you cant get a good photographer near you, prepare 1k for the photographers (hustlers) at the embassy entrance who are more than aware of the embassy requirement.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:07pm On May 28, 2016
bigfrancis21:

I'm not sure you need to do that anyway, except if the rules have recently changed. Instead, you are supposed to staple the photograph physically to the printed out DS160 form after filling it out and submitting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Big boss..... New development and rules based on uploading photo before submission for ds160

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:09pm On May 28, 2016
sofadj:

Check the Size of the picture you are trying to atttach. it shouldnt be more than a specific kb ( i think 256 or so).

That being said, it doesnt really matter as you are still required to come with a white-background passport to the embassy.

If you cant get a good photographer near you, prepare 1k for the photographers (hustlers) at the embassy entrance who are more than aware of the embassy requirement.

@Bold

Recently new development and rules then photograph must be upload before submission of ds160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:14pm On May 28, 2016
dannybrown19:

You can fly through JFK but then, get your connecting flight ticket at hand before you come, just in case you are asked abt it.
I think it will be cheaper for you.
I flew through JFK, then a connecting flight to St Paul MN, before I boarded Amtrak to North Dakota and I spent less than 220k, thanks to Walspring...

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 10:30pm On May 28, 2016
Walspring:

@Bold
Recently new development and rules then photograph must be upload before submission of ds160
is not compulsory to upload it, I was told on the application to take a passport to the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 28, 2016
I have not changed lines, my whatsapp is just currently inactive.
You may email me or send me a text message. Thanks.
motifoluwasolami:
sirriddy i tried calling you on your whatsapp number but it wasnt connecting, have you changed lines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cool2015(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2016
Pls someone should kindly send me that compiled visa interview Q&A file both approvals and denials. Download link is also acceptable.

Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by rogerdavid: 11:52pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:
is not compulsory to upload it, I was told on the application to take a passport to the interview

I think you should specify what you want to a good photographer who deals in this.
I got one who snapped the 2' by 2' or 5cm x 5cm (as the passport photographs are traditionally called) for me. I uploaded this and it was successful. Thanks to don4ye who put me through this.

And I remember vividly that I didn't have to bring out the hard copies at the embassy for any reason. And thanks to the gurus here who also saved me some cash by letting me beforehand that with the right prep, I didn't need to pay anyone at the embassy entrance for anything.

so please get a photographer who can snap the right photo for you.

Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by rogerdavid: 11:54pm On May 28, 2016
Cool2015:
Pls someone should kindly send me that compiled visa interview Q&A file both approvals and denials. Download link is also acceptable.

Thank u

U can send me a mail. I have one that I got from this thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cool2015(m): 12:11am On May 29, 2016
Holudarey01:

I also observed that

Bro, pls send me the Dropbox link for all the compiled visa interview Q&A
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 12:13am On May 29, 2016
malory84:

Thanks alot. I have a dollar account. I bought the dollars when it was still 250. Do you think I should change it to naira , and get more from it? I am just apprehensive because I heard the form A will soon stop. Don't want to go n change the dollars I have been saving and form A no go work . I am yet to go my form I-20 from my school.So I still have a long time to wait.
I think its still possible withdrawing from the dollar account. One has to act fast before the Central Bank withdraw the Form A.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cool2015(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2016
rogerdavid:

U can send me a mail. I have one that I got from this thread

I sent u PM.

U can also drop the download link here.
Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:37am On May 29, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 1:49am On May 29, 2016
So for those of you finding it difficult to get a cheap flight to your destinations, I have an offer for you all.... grin

If you can get a cheap flight from lagos to houston and from houston to your destination, I am willing to pick you from the airport, host you for a day or two and drop you off for your onward travel at the airport.

So if you are willing to take up my offer, hit me up and maybe I can help you in your flight search to get the cheapest one possible.

#mywayofgivingbacktonl

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by boofydon: 2:38am On May 29, 2016
acadollar:
Pls Is anyone in Columbia or Charlotte, Is there like an a place to get African food stuff or food around?
There is one at South Blvd, that's if you mean charlotte in north Carolina
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by boofydon: 2:48am On May 29, 2016
femi321:
Congrats to Sirriddy, (Sent a message to you on whatsapp but e no deliver), gunther6 and others that have gotten their visa. Please i really need an advice. Out of the five admits i got (Uni of Maryland, Uni of Utah, LSU,West Virginia Uni and University of North Carolina, Charlotte (UNCC), Only UNCC offered me partial TA yesterday (10 hrs per week, $7000/year including partial Tuition Waiver) all others said no funding. After troubling and sending countless mails to profs and grad cords in other schools with no head way i deferred both LSU and Uni of Maryland to Spring 2017, Uni of Utah said i cant deferred but that they will keep my documents and re-review along with other spring applicants in spring 2017 for both admission and funding.

My Questions now are 1) With just personal funds of about 1.2m should i plan to attend UNCC bearing in mind that the tuition per semester is $10,751?
2) whats the cost of living in North Carolina, Charlotte area like?
3) Can i work for additional 10hrs on campus? (I believe i should be able but i dont want to assume)
4) please who knows anyone that knows someone that knows someone in UNCC? NOTE: If i get funding from my defered admits i plan to transfer in Spring to any of them since they are ranked above UNCC

cc imperiouxx bigfrancis21 ojap
I attend UNCC,
Concerning cost of living, it's better you look for a roommate and stay off campus, staying in the dorm is expensive.
The maximum on-campus work for students is 20hrs. So you can work an additional 10hrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:59am On May 29, 2016
sofadj:
As some airlines are puling out, the ones left may gradually begin to increase their fares.
Emirates was 183k yesterday, now 286k. less than 24hours interval.

Could other forces be responsible?

The only force responsible is the force of demand and supply, I just checked now and found out that the cost of flights in the past 3 days has been jacked up by between 50-70k in one week. There are two types of inflation here Demand pull inflation occasioned by the pulling out of their competitors and cost push as all airlines will now convert their naira to dollars through 'autonomous sources' for repatriation through the AFEX which is just a form of a Second Tier Foreign Exchange Market ( think official black market). My advice well as an economist nothing is certain but if i were you if it comes down to say 240-250k I would book, lets say the flight to the US costs $915 which is the avg price when quoted in dollars, you get 915*199 equals #182085 at the 'official rate' lets assume the AFEX will be priced slightly above the current interbank market rate of the dollar of #275 lets just pick an arbitrary price of #305 (which is incredibly optimistic IMHO) 915*305 equals 279075 which is closer to the rates you are seeing. So it all makes sense kinda
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 5:37am On May 29, 2016
Apology to all Nairaland Members, I am very sorry for this behavior, I don’t know what to say/write here because my interview was not up to 1 minute and no “Nairaland standard questions” from Vo. I got the Visa approval “White Paper” on Wednesday 25th 2016. Transcript below
Me: Good afternoon Sir
VO: pass me your Documents
Me: I gave him my passport only
Vo: He was busy looking at my passport and asked me to place my fingers on scanner
He found the F1 on the sticker
Then he asked for I-20, but I gave him both I 20 and sevis fee receipt. He looked at the I-20 for 20 seconds. Then, he asked me what did you know about the school
Me: Mississippi state University is a public school located in Stackville Mississippi, offers bachelor’s degree, master’s degree .. Vo cut in..
Vo: what course did you study
Me: Please I cant hear you clearly Sir
Me: Chemistry
Vo: you have Masters degree
Me: Yes I have masters degree
Vo: What course..
Me: Analytical Chemistry
Vo: what course do you want to do in Mississippi State University
Me: I want to do my PhD program in Natural product Chemistry
He picked the white paper and told me about how to pick the Visa . He returned my I-20 and Sevis receipt with the white paper.
Me: Thank you
VO: You are welcome
No document was asked…

Thank you all for the transcripts, especially Aadeyi…. Warriboy (Paid my SEVIS fee), Mnas and Fortissimo (My future course mate) God will help you too, also thanks gunther6 for punishment and warning to other nairaland members. The interview was not long and I don’t know what to write here. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, house should help me say sorry to gunther6.

gunther6:

Oga swerve joor shebi me am your slave shebi you have internet check. You went to embassy came here to ask how to retrieve DS-160, received prayers from people for embassy, you got the Visa you nor even talk you nor share transcript so.people can learn, you are back here asking for Atlanta or Texas... Texas ko, Wyoming ni *long hiss*

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:25am On May 29, 2016
jatsay001:
Apology to all Nairaland Members, I am very sorry for this behavior, I don’t know what to say/write here because my interview was not up to 1 minute and no “Nairaland standard questions” from Vo. I got the Visa approval “White Paper” on Wednesday 25th 2016. Transcript below

Congrats.
Na you be this??

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 6:47am On May 29, 2016
Mekurexx:
Alright that works for me. Thanks bro. One more question, do I need transit visa(dubai) on an emirates flight? most of the flights I am seeing have long-layovers plus when I tried to book, it showed something like visa
No, u don't need a transit visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:58am On May 29, 2016
boofydon:

I attend UNCC,
Concerning cost of living, it's better you look for a roommate and stay off campus, staying in the dorm is expensive.
The maximum on-campus work for students is 20hrs. So you can work an additional 10hrs.
thank you. please I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:10am On May 29, 2016
jatsay001:
Me: Good afternoon Sir
VO: pass me your Documents
Me: I gave him my passport only
Vo: He was busy looking at my passport and asked me to place my fingers on scanner
He found the F1 on the sticker
Then he asked for I-20, but I gave him both I 20 and sevis fee receipt. He looked at the I-20 for 20 seconds. Then, he asked me what did you know about the school
Me: Mississippi state University is a public school located in Stackville Mississippi, offers bachelor’s degree, master’s degree .. Vo cut in..
Me: Please I cant hear you clearly Sir
Me: Chemistry
Vo: you have Masters degree
Me: Yes I have masters degree
Vo: What course..
Me: Analytical Chemistry
Vo: what course do you want to do in Mississippi State University
Me: I want to do my PhD program in Natural product Chemistry
He picked the white paper and told me about how to pick the Visa . He returned my I-20 and Sevis receipt with the white paper.
Me: Thank you
VO: You are welcome
No document was asked…

Thank you all for the transcripts, especially Aadeyi…. Warriboy (Paid my SEVIS fee), Mnas and Fortissimo (My future course mate) God will help you too, also thanks gunther6 for punishment and warning to other nairaland members. The interview was not long and I don’t know what to write here. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, house should help me say sorry to gunther6.

Congratulations boss... Oya let me get to work for you o

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 7:25am On May 29, 2016
DareFadi:

See if the bank can write you a cover letter stating source of fund and that its is liquid cash . Let d cover letter address any or all concern that was raised .

And then its grace of God needed because u can attend next week and the VO wont even care . Most people are not even asked for statement so no one can ever predict how it goes

Thanks. I'll work on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 7:27am On May 29, 2016
imperiouxx:

I see. That's good enough. The fact remains that the cash flow wasn't cleared to the vo. Hopefully the next vo will understand the account better next time. And try explain if the question pops up again. Best.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 7:41am On May 29, 2016
Mekurexx:
I read your transcript and its unfortunate you were denied. Did you know you can request another V.O if you meet the same person that denied you first time? That being said. prolly the next V.O wants to know what has changed in ur app? nothing major necessarily has to in your case. I'm not abrest with banking procedures but cant ur sponsor change the account to savings or current? Can your sponsor transfer x amount to your account (if you have good cashflow) and back it up with a letter. Just to avoid stories that touch. Just like assets, I'm not sure Fixed deposit doesnt portrays liquid cash available.

Thanks for your input dear. I'm definitely not going back to that same VO. The account is already a savings account and the money is liquid cash and has been consistent without fixed deposit contract for the past 3months (just that the statement goes back 6months). The other acct has good cash flow but low closing balance so I can't use it. I will get a letter from the bank and a more explanatory letter from my sponsor. I also heard about getting a valuation report to show other assets. I hope that will be enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 7:54am On May 29, 2016
rogerdavid:

I think you should specify what you want to a good photographer who deals in this.
I got one who snapped the 2' by 2' or 5cm x 5cm (as the passport photographs are traditionally called) for me. I uploaded this and it was successful. Thanks to don4ye who put me through this.
And I remember vividly that I didn't have to bring out the hard copies at the embassy for any reason. And thanks to the gurus here who also saved me some cash by letting me beforehand that with the right prep, I didn't need to pay anyone at the embassy entrance for anything.
so please get a photographer who can snap the right photo for you.
Good luck
thanks boss, I will get a good photographer and make the description of the passport, very well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2016
boofydon:

There is one at South Blvd, that's if you mean charlotte in north Carolina
Thanks do you know the address bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ronkypinky(f): 10:33am On May 29, 2016
aadeyi:
So for those of you finding it difficult to get a cheap flight to your destinations, I have an offer for you all.... grin

If you can get a cheap flight from lagos to houston and from houston to your destination, I am willing to pick you from the airport, host you for a day or two and drop you off for your onward travel at the airport.

So if you are willing to take up my offer, hit me up and maybe I can help you in your flight search to get the cheapest one possible.

#mywayofgivingbacktonl

I just sent u a PM... Dunno if i can get a cheap flight to Indiana directly.
Need advice and help or if i can a cheap flight to houston and connect local flight to Indiana.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2016
ronkypinky:

I just sent u a PM... Dunno if i can get a cheap flight to Indiana directly.
Need advice and help or if i can a cheap flight to houston and connect local flight to Indiana.

Oya Aadeyi someone is taking you up on your offer oya come quick she is going to stay for a day or two grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:00pm On May 29, 2016
tayhur009 your PM has been replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 12:32pm On May 29, 2016
@ jatsay001 congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.