Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677147 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 30, 2016
Fortissimo:
pennstate whenever I see you viewing this thread, my heart quickens. Are you sure you aren't in Penn State Uni? My eyes are really set on attending an Ivy or Public Ivy. Don't be modest. Talk oooo.
grin
You know say I dey follow your footsteps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 30, 2016
Holudarey01:

grin
You know say I dey follow your footsteps

How oga go dey follow him boy? shocked Ehen...what school is Emadapoet in? University of Minnesota?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 6:56pm On May 30, 2016
jeniver64:
Hi,I just got admitted to st Ambrose university to study computer science, am still waiting on my i20 ,pls should I book my interview in Lagos and in abuja,and if abuja will I be asked why I did not do the interview in Lagos,and pls any tip is appreciated.
LOLOLZZZ..dis almost got me laughing, until i read properly. Actually thought he meant Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 30, 2016
Fortissimo:

How oga go dey follow him boy? shocked Ehen...what school is Emadapoet in? University of Minnesota?
yop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chiddy390: 7:29pm On May 30, 2016
Hello house. How una dey?
Please do i need to make the photo copied pages of my appointment and confirmation colored? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:35pm On May 30, 2016
mzjennypher:
hello all when told to come back for the us visa is it compulsory to go back to the embassy for pick up? or u can decide for them to deliver it to ur office. Kindly help pls

You don't go back to the embassy to pick up the visa but the pick up collection center that you clicked when booking your visa interview that's where you will go and collect your passport stamped with visa..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:37pm On May 30, 2016
Chiddy390:
Hello house. How una dey?
Please do i need to make the photo copied pages of my appointment and confirmation colored? Thanks

Black and white is okay but If you have plenty money you can print it in coloured
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:38pm On May 30, 2016
gunther6:

Form A is now charged at #285 to $1 cry cry cry ... My semester fees just went up by 645k.......

No be small thing ooo

It's is well and things will be better soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:42pm On May 30, 2016
fizzile:
But as at last week,CBN sold at the rate of 199 for a dollar and 286 for a pound. So am quite surprised.

The cooked story they always tell us is that banks get their dollars from parallel/black market and not from CBN..

Let's pray that things will get back and better soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:44pm On May 30, 2016
happney65:

Buhari.... grin grin grin Call back tonight bros

Call back bawo

U no know say dollar dey rise like flour wey dem dey use do bread for bakery and it's affecting calling card. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2016
dickoflife:
I think this is fairly common. So would you suggest always calling the school to confirm?when I made my application I encountered same problems. Also about two members of this thread also heading to michigan but silent followers.

Yes, it's better to write the department for confirmation. Or visiting the graduate school faq page. Sometimes they make exemption case by case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2016
If they don't sell to us at normal rate a lot of peoples plans will be affected. I have people thinking of deffering o.... Na to bone face change d money or you go just enter catatonic state...
Walspring:

The cooked story they always tell us is that banks get their dollars from parallel/black market and not from CBN..

Let's pray that things will get back and better soon..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 7:49pm On May 30, 2016
Walspring:

Call back bawo

U no know say dollar dey rise like flour wey dem dey use do bread for bakery and it's affecting calling card. gringringrin

Calll back joo..naughty bros.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
fizzile:

I guess she's talking about UK visa.
Cos from what I know,they deliver your visa to you.

If she's talking of US delivering visas at your
doorstep,then its a big NO!!!.

The last time I checked, applicant for UK visa will have to pick up their passport stamped with visa at the VFS location that they submitted their application.. Does that mean UK don't make use of VFS again since you said they deliver your visa to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
Just got a second info from a friend dat banks have started stopping usage of debit cards abroad. Can anyone confirm this plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2016
Dose guys can deceive. I applied to michigan since last year and spoke to grad school. They didn't process my application enough and had to transfer me to fall 2016.
imperiouxx:

Yes, it's better to write the department for confirmation. Or visiting the graduate school faq page. Sometimes they make exemption case by case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:59pm On May 30, 2016
fizzile:
The last time I checked.this is General USA Student Visa enquiries...

Lol... You are Funny!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chiddy390: 8:10pm On May 30, 2016
Walspring:

Black and white is okay but If you have plenty money you can print it in coloured

Lol Thank you Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ARABMONI(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2016
fizzile:
Just got a second info from a friend dat banks have started stopping usage of debit cards abroad. Can anyone confirm this plz
For stanbic ibtc, daily spend limit has reduced to $200 a day on POS n online international transaction and $100 for ATM withdrawals..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by irshadmuaz: 9:14pm On May 30, 2016
Hello all, i seem to find it hard to trace testimonies on this blog, need help with that.

Also I have an admission offer for MSC Clemson University fall 2016. Will soon apply for Sevis records and certificate of Eligibility. I would like any information on how quick US study visa's are issued from point of application to approval. Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 30, 2016
irshadmuaz:
Hello all, i seem to find it hard to trace testimonies on this blog, need help with that.

Also I have an admission offer for MSC Clemson University fall 2016. Will soon apply for Sevis records and certificate of Eligibility. I would like any information on how quick US study visa's are issued from point of application to approval. Thanks alot.

Congrats...nice school. It all depends on how soon you can schedule an interview date. Visas are typically approved on the interview date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:24pm On May 30, 2016
Chiddy390:

Lol Thank you Sir!

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:29pm On May 30, 2016
dickoflife:
If they don't sell to us at normal rate a lot of peoples plans will be affected. I have people thinking of deffering o.... Na to bone face change d money or you go just enter catatonic state...

Even people who will defer should pray and fast oooo gringringrin because if it increase more than expected it won't be fair at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 10:26pm On May 30, 2016
Thanks guys for the advice,but reading testimonies about people getting visa to go for their masters, do going for a bsc limit your chances,and does my school choice also limit it too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 10:26pm On May 30, 2016
Thanks guys for the advice,but am reading testimonies about people getting visa to go for their masters, do going for a bsc limit your chances,and does my school choice also limit it too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2016
jeniver64:
Thanks guys for the advice,but reading testimonies about people getting visa to go for their masters, do going for a bsc limit your chances,and does my school choice also limit it too.

Undergrads get visa too but the % is not as much as that of grads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 10:45pm On May 30, 2016
Pls do you have an idea why
imperiouxx:

Undergrads get visa too but the % is not as much as that of grads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2016
jeniver64:

Well, I cant really say the reason but most grad studies are research based and by that they contribute positively to research advancement than the undergrads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 10:58pm On May 30, 2016
jeniver64:

There is no particular reason why.... its all depends on your ability as an applicant to be able to convince the VO that your intentions are real, that u r not trying to escape the (good) Nigeria condition grin

And the Grace of God might b a factor to consider too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2016
ARABMONI:

For stanbic ibtc, daily spend limit has reduced to $200 a day on POS n online international transaction and $100 for ATM withdrawals..
Meehhnn which kind badluck be this one? What's all these? Afraid don catch me oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.