Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677375 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2016
Pls people of God. I saw this thing about mackiv after registering GRE with them. I have even seen the ticket sent to my mail. The exam is for 25th of this month. Pls people want am I expecting from them. How can I no if mine is done without issue. Pls help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by charlfay: 6:49pm On May 15, 2016
AgreatMan:
Hello house, well I just realized that my gre has been seized for the third time. I registered with one MACKIV consults opposite cement bus stop on Lagos_abeokuta express way. Those guys have played me on 3 different occasions but I will look for an immediate and permanent solution before revisiting their case as I am not even in Lagos right now. The only reason I registered with them was because I needed an earlier date than the one I saw on the GRE website n they were able to get me a spot.

I will be back to that place n will explain to them the meaning of naira-dollar exchange rate. Lemme just save it.

How can I go about paying 235usd with a credit card. I haven't seen any option for that payment n gre customer service is taking too long.

If u have ever being in such situation or u know someone who had the same issue, kindly tell me how to go about the repayment with a credit card.

Awwwww, sorry about your unpleasant experience. I registered with mackiv consult last year for my toefl exam, and it all went well, I had no issues with my result, I know a lot of pple who we did tutorials there together and everything went smoothly. How could you have gone for a 3rd attempt with the same pple after the first and second bad experience, you should have just registered elsewhere. Like someone said, you can send the money to someone in the US to help you pay or go through the ETS website and check for ways you can register. Sorry once again .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 15, 2016
please help!!!!!!!
i wanted to reschedule my appointment from an earlier date to a later date but to my surprise this is what im seeing there,
[color=#990000]If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid[color=#000099]
.[/color]
i thought one can cancel appointments up to two times free, or how many times can i cancel free without paying the MRv fee again?[/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2016
charlfay:

Awwwww, sorry about your unpleasant experience. I registered with mackiv consult last year for my toefl exam, and it all went well, I had no issues with my result, I know a lot of pple who we did tutorials there together and everything went smoothly. How could you have gone for a 3rd attempt with the same pple after the first and second bad experience, you should have just registered elsewhere. Like someone said, you can send the money to someone in the US to help you pay or go through the ETS website and check for ways you can register. Sorry once again .

I see MackIV people on the charm offensive here, because you registered and it is yet to bounce does not mean it will not bounce ... In a week or nearly 2 yrs it does... Once your exam bounces you go to him he lies about something like payment did not clear and proceeds to pay it with stolen credit card info again... for TOEFL it is even easy they can pay it with card unlimited amount of time on the site, GRE is an entirely different kettle of fish. Be wise

Soon Nigerians will no longer be able to register for TOEFL and GRE online like SAT and recently IELTS and it will be the fault of bad eggs like this guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2016
borie4u:

Pls people of God. I saw this thing about mackiv after registering GRE with them. I have even seen the ticket sent to my mail. The exam is for 25th of this month. Pls people want am I expecting from them. How can I no if mine is done without issue. Pls help me

I don't know what advice to give you, you might just have set yourself up for a world of hurt, you have been on this thread since at least January and you once asked about how to register GRE yourself.

I will be frank with you he registered it with stolen credit card information and yes there is a 90% chance your GRE will bounce in time, where the game of chance comes in is whether it will bounce before or after you have used it for admissions and even perhaps Visa. If I were you I will check my GRE everyday, the status can be checked with your email, confirmation number and exam date. After your exam check your results everyday, the day you check your results and find Please contact GRE services e don be. Just go arrange police sharply. I will reiterate it for the umpteenth time on this thread, Do it yourself make one Bast.ard no come spoil your best laid plans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 9:24pm On May 15, 2016
angel34real:
It is mostly obtainable here in Rhode Island...dunno what it is called in your area. Their exchange rate is N312 per dollar if you want to send to Nigeria. Try some African market, they can direct you.

Aadeyi! Thanks for your response. Do you know what it's called in Texas or if the have an office in Texas or its environs? I'm currently in West Texas Midland-Odessa. Permian Basin. African market exchange is low (305). Please, can I send you a PM? I'll like to ask a few more questions. I'm earnestly waiting for your response. Thank you.

Your PM will be highly welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:33pm On May 15, 2016
dickoflife:
nlc strike begins on wednesday. anybody notbin abuja get urself here on tuesday or else u might be stranded. me am leaving on tuesday morning o. i have said my own.

You still need place to stay in Abuja or you opting for hotel

Pm if interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by suxes2005(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2016
justwise come and see whao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:38pm On May 15, 2016
lionlee216:
I have a sister that will help me to pay for my sevis fee stateside but she doesn't know how to go about. I have given her the western union details but she doesn't understand still.

pls, what will she tell them when she gets to western union or how will she go about it?

Thanks

Fill and submit the I901 form online www.fmjfee.com and Send her the payment coupon confirmation page or coupon number.

She will make the payment via WU and fill the form same way she is sending the money to you in Nigeria but the difference is that it's the bank name and coupon number and dhs that will be as receiver, account number ..

Am sure when she gets to WU they will teach her how to fill the form and tell her to let them know that she wants to pay for sevis fee..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 10:42pm On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

I don't know what advice to give you, you might just have set yourself up for a world of hurt, you have been on this thread since at least January and you once asked about how to register GRE yourself.
I will be frank with you he registered it with stolen credit card information and yes there is a 90% chance your GRE will bounce in time, where the game of chance comes in is whether it will bounce before or after you have used it for admissions and even perhaps Visa. If I were you I will check my GRE everyday, the status can be checked with your email, confirmation number and exam date. After your exam check your results everyday, the day you check your results and find Please contact GRE services e don be. Just go arrange police sharply. I will reiterate it for the umpteenth time on this thread, Do it yourself make one Bast.ard no come spoil your best laid plans
Pls how can I check with those item listef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Wininlight(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Every applicant is unique of course. So, the VO may or may not ask for it in the course of interview.

What do you mean by "people get bounced"?

Thanks. I meant to say "rejected"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:44pm On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

Abeg what rate?, what bank ? I'm interested

First bank in Asaba Delta but I don't know the rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 15, 2016
suxes2005:
justwise come and see whao

wetin hapun?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:46pm On May 15, 2016
borie4u:

Pls how can I check with those item listef

I will advise you to call and contact ETS yourself and ask for the billing address on your ETS.. If it's not Nigerian name then I guess a stolen card is at work or maybe someone helped him to make payment which might be real and no fake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:05pm On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
If you say its false info no wahala! You can tell us where we can get it much lower!

My bank (GTbank) black market at #300..

The highest black market i have seen so far is at #320 or #321 which is zenith bank but when you said it's more than this that's why I posted that before and sorry if I used words you don't like..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

wetin hapun?
The post has been removed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 15, 2016
Holudarey01:

The post has been removed.

I see...thanks. How far I-20 na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

I'm on it sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

I'm on it sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 1:06am On May 16, 2016
ProfTPE:

Nope, no relative in Texas. Thanks

Okay then. You should be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kaykad: 2:06am On May 16, 2016
Dear House,

Can i drive with my international drivers license, while am yet to collect Virginia's drivers permit. the process is still ongoing and i need to do a road test nxt month, i want to rent a car and drive it to the DMV center for my driving practical .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amanze15(m): 2:43am On May 16, 2016
imperiouxx:

I see. All I see on highway is other drivers distances, speeds and driving skills. Then the main thing, scanning far ahead for police presence. grin For cameras, on highway they don't monitor speed. I once did between 90 to 95 mph from NY to Maryland, passing through NJ and DE. I had - 45 mins less than the normal travel time.
bros your go get tickets full box oooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked 95 mph when no be Texas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 4:39am On May 16, 2016
dickoflife:
nlc strike begins on wednesday. anybody notbin abuja get urself here on tuesday or else u might be stranded. me am leaving on tuesday morning o. i have said my own.

Sharp guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:33am On May 16, 2016
Wininlight:

Thanks. I meant to say "rejected"
Hmm...okay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 5:56am On May 16, 2016
VO: You have a solid job and your family is in Nigeria, why do you chose to leave everything and pursue further education in USA?

Me: Though there are plans to have my family join and spend some time with me in the course of my Program, it is important to note that in today’s competitive world, a decision to pursue graduate studies in the US is a smart way to advance my career. While I invest some time and money into this highly valuable education, the pay offs will be well worth my time and money which will certainly benefit me, my family and community at large.

Pls criticise and contribute. Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 6:15am On May 16, 2016
Savings.
pepe4reps:

what account did u connect to your paypal account for you to be charged #38k.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:38am On May 16, 2016
hi. Kindly text the number I gave you and I will call you.
Most times, I have the sim in my modem and put it in
my phone periodically.
Mekurexx:
Savings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:40am On May 16, 2016
NairaSea23:
VO: You have a solid job and your family is in Nigeria, why do you chose to leave everything and pursue further education in USA?

Me: Though there are plans to have my family join and spend some time with me in the course of my Program, it is important to note that in today’s competitive world, a decision to pursue graduate studies in the US is a smart way to advance my career. While I invest some time and money into this highly valuable education, the pay offs will be well worth my time and money which will certainly benefit me, my family and community at large.

Pls criticise and contribute. Thanks all.

VO's criticism: Why do you feel the need to provide a rehearsed speech? You know it sounds like a rehearsed speech while you are doing it, right?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by suxes2005(m): 6:46am On May 16, 2016
Fortissimo:

wetin hapun?

He was promoting some scan related stuff.

How you preparing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.