Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend (1355 Views)

What Are The Top 5 Books One Must Read In Their Lifetime And Why? / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by bossun3(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2016
I would like to make a list of the best five books I felt ve helped shaped my life so far.

1. THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON(GEORGE CLASON): this remains the best ever book I think ve read till date and permit my calling it the best book on finace. it teaches 3 things principally: laws of gold, cures for a lean purse and debt servicing. its simple, pratical and real. I feel every purpose driven young person should read this before earning, u can stil read it after though. my pick " our wise acts accompany us through life to please & help just as surely our unwise acts would to plague and torment us ".I ve read this book five times over again. I tried its principles guess what it worked magic. I was (and am still ) sure of this book that I sold it to my lecturer and told him sir return it and take any other book free if you are not blessed by it.

2.STEPS TO THE TOP (ZIG ZIGLAR): it's another master piece. it can b read as a devotional or u can breeze through. It touches through several issues affecting our day to day living in short but loaded chapters (a page). my highlight in the book on procrastination: " if I ve to do something simply do it then you feel like doing it". I couldn't drop the book till I finished it.

3. PARABLE OF THE DOLLAR (PASTOR SAM
ADEYEMI): I was wowed with this also. it's also a book on finance based on the famous parable of the talent. my pick frm the book "pay now and play later or play now and pay later either way u stil paying" (ponder on this). the book was written in such way that after each chapter u ve some questions prepared to guide you into pratical aspect of wat u just read . I read just a page in it and straight away I bought and digested it.

4. MY VISION (MOHAMMED BIN RASHID ALMAKTOUM): u ve to give it to them this guy is a genius. u learn what true leadership is in this book. a leader is a visioner. my pick "our vision is clear, our road paved and our clock ticking. no time for hesitation or half baked goals; the race to excellence has no finish line". A desert country made into a paradise " we will bring fruits from the sand and rivers frm the desert".. chai these guys ve and are going far. u want to know dubai's secret read this.

5. this is a difficult choice but I ve to just pick one of the numerous I ve read.
THE PRINCE (MACHAVELI): its another book on pratical leadership.

many others should ve made the cut but permit my limiting them to the aforementioned. please feel free to recommend yours.
Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by Mensma: 12:46am On May 14, 2016
bossun3:
I would like to make a list of the best five books I felt ve helped shaped my life so far.

1. THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON(GEORGE CLASON): this remains the best ever book I think ve read till date and permit my calling it the best book on finace. it teaches 3 things principally: laws of gold, cures for a lean purse and debt servicing. its simple, pratical and real. I feel every purpose driven young person should read this before earning, u can stil read it after though. my pick " our wise acts accompany us through life to please & help just as surely our unwise acts would to plague and torment us ".I ve read this book five times over again. I tried its principles guess what it worked magic. I was (and am still ) sure of this book that I sold it to my lecturer and told him sir return it and take any other book free if you are not blessed by it.

2.STEPS TO THE TOP (ZIG ZIGLAR): it's another master piece. it can b read as a devotional or u can breeze through. It touches through several issues affecting our day to day living in short but loaded chapters (a page). my highlight in the book on procrastination: " if I ve to do something simply do it then you feel like doing it". I couldn't drop the book till I finished it.

3. PARABLE OF THE DOLLAR (PASTOR SAM
ADEYEMI): I was wowed with this also. it's also a book on finance based on the famous parable of the talent. my pick frm the book "pay now and play later or play now and pay later either way u stil paying" (ponder on this). the book was written in such way that after each chapter u ve some questions prepared to guide you into pratical aspect of wat u just read . I read just a page in it and straight away I bought and digested it.

4. MY VISION (MOHAMMED BIN RASHID ALMAKTOUM): u ve to give it to them this guy is a genius. u learn what true leadership is in this book. a leader is a visioner. my pick "our vision is clear, our road paved and our clock ticking. no time for hesitation or half baked goals; the race to excellence has no finish line". A desert country made into a paradise " we will bring fruits from the sand and rivers frm the desert".. chai these guys ve and are going far. u want to know dubai's secret read this.

5. this is a difficult choice but I ve to just pick one of the numerous I ve read.
THE PRINCE (MACHAVELI): its another book on pratical leadership.

many others should ve made the cut but permit my limiting them to the aforementioned. please feel free to recommend yours.

Well done man... Let's talk more, pls let's rendezvous on whatsapp. Cheer

1 Like

Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by bossun3(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2016
@mensma: no p bro I sight u.

D PRINCE (MACHAVELI): I did pick two quotes from this master piece. "a prince must be wisely counselled; wisdom isnt in advice given but how wisely discerned the advice was". "choose men to tell you the truth on matters u ask. listen to them and decide on ur own.

POINT MAN (STEVE FARRAR): this is a bomb believe me. it deals explicitly with a man leading his home safely through life's perils and fiery darts. a pick for me here was d term "burn your ship" which implies taking out all options or excuses; this gives u only one excuse " d only way is forward".I wont fail to mention this "be a one woman kind of man" or "our father's failed because they had no father to emulate". permit this "real men don't commit adultery". do pick ur copy and thank me later.

waiting to hear from you guys. Over to you.
Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by Mensma: 5:09pm On May 14, 2016
bossun3:
@mensma: no p bro I sight u.

D PRINCE (MACHAVELI): I did pick two quotes from this master piece. "a prince must be wisely counselled; wisdom isnt in advice given but how wisely discerned the advice was". "choose men to tell you the truth on matters u ask. listen to them and decide on ur own.

POINT MAN (STEVE FARRAR): this is a bomb believe me. it deals explicitly with a man leading his home safely through life's perils and fiery darts. a pick for me here was d term "burn your ship" which implies taking out all options or excuses; this gives u only one excuse " d only way is forward".I wont fail to mention this "be a one woman kind of man" or "our father's failed because they had no father to emulate". permit this "real men don't commit adultery". do pick ur copy and thank me later.

waiting to hear from you guys. Over to you.

From your quotes, The Prince... "choose men to tell you the truth on matters u ask. listen to them and decide on ur own" (Only listen to matters you asked for)
Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by bossun3(m): 11:32pm On May 14, 2016
yes choose men because so many sycophants surround a prince. he must b wise to discern and listen to those who would tell him d truth without fear or fervour.
its not to b interpreted as he picking only choicy counselors that will massage his ego (in d words of bin rashid " a leader knws he is one and doesnt need to b reminded"wink.

he must present not all matters but some selected few; lest he is seen as too dependent or a weakling. tk for instance the story of David and his trusted counsel Ahitopel. SOME matters shd b off limit
Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by bossun3(m): 1:15am On May 15, 2016
THINK AND GROW RICH (NAPOLEON HILL): It would be a great injustice not to mention this book permit my moving it to no 3. my pick is difficult but I would settle for this poem:
If u think u are beaten, u are;
If u think u dare not, u don't.
If u'd like to win, but u think u can't,
It is almost a cinch that u won't.

If u think you'll lose, u're lost;
For out of the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.

If u think u're outclassed, u are;
u've got to think high to rise.
u've got to be sure of yourself before
u can ever win the prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can!

I just can't keep quiet. "set ur mind on a definite goal & observe how quickly d world would stand aside and let you pass" (holds his lips).chai; dear reader get this book by all means.
Re: Check Out These 5 Books I Did Recommend by bossun3(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
WHO MOVED MY CHEESE (Dr. Spencer Johnson)

a story on 4 small creatures in a mazy cubicle; 2 were rat like creatures (sniff and scurry) and the others with kinda little humans (hem and haw ). They struggled daily for cheese and found a gold mine much later.

the story mirrors our response to CHANGE how we manage or mismange it due to complacency OR BEING TOO ANALYTICAL.

I would list what was termed "CHEESE HANDWRITTINGS" at the end of d book.

1. Change happens " they keep moving the cheese"

2. anticipate changes " get ready for the cheese to be moved"

3. monitor changes " smell d cheese often to know when it's getting old"

4. adapt to change quickly " d quicker u release d old cheese d sooner u can enjoy d new"

5. change " move with the cheese"

6. enjoy change " savour d adventure & enjoy d new cheese taste"

7. b ready to change quickly & enjoy it over and over "they keep moving the cheese"

GRAB UR COPY OFTHIS GREAT PIECE(BOOK) AND THANK ME LATER..

(1) (Reply)

The Furnace Within / Meant For Better? Plain Lazy? / Lubabatu Littafin Ibrahim M Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.