Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony (26322 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Ghanaian Bride Refuses To Kiss Husband In Church During Their Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by DanceVille: 12:39am On May 14, 2016
We have different types of people with different motives of going to a wedding.

Have met many categories of people in a typical Nigerian wedding.Lemme narrow down seven out of them.

Here are 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At A Nigerian Wedding Ceremony

7. The Picture Freak

This set of people will take picture from the beginning of the wedding to the end.Every one minute they're taking pics.If it's not a selfie, they're begging someone to help them out.

6. The Food Fighter

They're ready to pick a fight if they're not served food or drink on time.They would fight anyone who tries to stop them from achieving their goal which is to eat to their satisfaction.

5. The Attention Seeker

These one have no chill.They are all over the place seeking attention.They will go out and come back hundred times.They just want to be noticed by that guy or lady seating at the back, middle and front, that's all.

4. Fashion Police

They're at the wedding to criticize, condemn what people are wearing.They will analyse you from head to toe.Their job is to look for the faults in people's clothes, make up and shoes..*Ladies are guilty of these especially*.

3. Just There For "Item No 7"

By the hungry look on their face you will know them.Most of them will still keep asking for more.They will eat and claim not to have eaten.Some even come with disposable bags to pack food home..*lol*

2. The Quiet Observers

They just sit quietly and observe everything going one.They're hardly ever noticed as they just remain in one place from the beginning of the ceremony to the end.They're always Ex of the groom or bride...*They do pray the wedding shouldn't end well***Choi!*.

1. The Out Of Place Kind Of People

Most of time, these people have no idea who the couple is.They just roam around town every Saturday, looking for anywhere there's wedding reception and when they find one, the secretly settle in..*Lwkm*

I drop my pen at this juncture.

Which of these are you guilty of?

Feel free to add yours..

Compiled By
DanceVille

Thank God It's Saturday!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Femich18(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2016
Yoruba women are mostly guilty of that No 3. U go see them stretching hand all the time(temi da.. temi da)...At the end their bag go full of rice, meat and oda item Wey dem share.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by naijafox(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2016
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by DanceVille: 6:27am On May 14, 2016
Femich18:
Yoruba women are mostly guilty of that No 3. U go see them stretching hand all the time(temi da.. temi da)...At the end their bag go full of rice, meat and oda item Wey dem share.
That's true! *lol*

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Mediapace: 6:47am On May 14, 2016
*Grabs temporary marker*

8.Mogbo Moya crew :
Yoruba fellows will get this,they are just branching to another place and they sight canopies.
They will branch to ceremony to chop chop and chop

9.Students association of Nigeria :
Great Nigeria student!
We all know tertiary institution students are lazy,they hate cooking most especially males,they always pray for saturdays to come.
They will just put on their best attires not even english dresses but natives so as for them to look more older,go to any OWAMBE Wedding ceremony to eat eat and eat,

10.Spectators :
They only want to look couples kissing,they may not even know anything about the marriage

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 7:05am On May 14, 2016
Permit me to add small cheesy cheesy

The Person that no one invited

No one knows who they are or where they came from. They make up some answer about how they know the couple. We all know the real reason, free origin, Rice and to pick up babes cheesy

The Micheal Jacksons

This ones always want to showoff their dancing skills, with intentions of impressing that babe sitting at the back .... They dont waste time in stepping unto the dancefloor at the slightest beat of music...

The Critics

These ones are there just to criticize every single thing done at the wedding, from how bad the cake is to how bad the brides makeup is angry they never see a positive side angry ..

The Last Minuter

This ones are never on time for the wedding despite being informed 2 months ago, they fail to realize that wedding planning is done ahead of the wedding, not in the morning... you'll know them once you see them, always in a haste, probably blaming each other...

My little addition smiley

Cc Danceville..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by DanceVille: 7:23am On May 14, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Permit me to add small cheesy cheesy

The Person that no one invited

No one knows who they are or where they came from. They make up some answer about how they know the couple. We all know the real reason, free origin, Rice and to pick up babes cheesy

The Micheal Jacksons

This ones always want to showoff their dancing skills, with intentions of impressing that babe sitting at the back .... They dont waste time in stepping unto the dancefloor at the slightest beat of music...

The Critics

These ones are there just to criticize every single thing done at the wedding, from how bad the cake is to how bad the brides makeup is angry they never see a positive side angry ..

The Last Minuter

This ones are never on time for the wedding despite being informed 2 months ago, they fail to realize that wedding planning is done ahead of the wedding, not in the morning... you'll know them once you see them, always in a haste, probably blaming each other...

My little addition smiley

Cc Danceville..
Baba! I hail you oo.

Great write up bro.

*Spot on*.
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 8:00am On May 14, 2016
DanceVille:
Baba! I hail you oo.

Great write up bro.

*Spot on*.
Thanks cheesy ... wey tosyne2much and wristbangle sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by tosyne2much(m): 8:11am On May 14, 2016
Spot on !!! cool

I'm coming back to modify cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Omotayor123(f): 8:17am On May 14, 2016
On point OP...

,8.*The 'Abolode fe Loju'. Their own dance And the number of guest they will invite will pass that of the celebrant. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by sukkot: 2:41pm On May 14, 2016
hmm
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by mayorkyzo: 2:43pm On May 14, 2016

9 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by tspun(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2016
Gud

Today is by birthday, pls show me some love

48 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by goodnewscliff(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2016
which one of d seven u dy@ op??
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by moscobabs(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2016
The MMMM

mogbo moya moje moyo

1 Like

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by okuneddie(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2016
lemme also add mine....

bloggers

some set of people we also have here on nl that will crash a party just to look for either 7 or 10 reasons why: the food no sweet, women at a party dance more than men, why the bride's friends want to kill each other cos of is it flower or what do those brides throw sef ( danceville, tosyne2much, wristbangle and co)
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Young03(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2016
OKada pack here

listening oo
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by lukasmuyiwa(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2016
enle behun ooo
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Helkayklassic(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2016
I'm no 1.. We even get clique .
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Booty4me: 2:46pm On May 14, 2016
grin

5 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Pavore9: 2:47pm On May 14, 2016
Folks who only attend the reception and do not know the bride nor groom from Adam!
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Helkayklassic(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2016
Those that attend in search of their own bride/groom...Joining the gang soon.
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by onosprince(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2016
The uninvited kids who are staring at you with that(Bros abeg gimme small na) looks each time you take a spoon of rice.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by okooloyun1(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
The take away team -- This set of people go home with anything at the reception ranging from can drinks, juice, they always come with their nylon or plate for food (when you ask them who want to eat d food they say it's for their dog), some go home with cutleries, cups and serving dish, some take d hall decoration such as balloons kids are very good in dis part.

1 Like

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by calliope(f): 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
you can't make everyone happy. You no be party jollof rice cheesy
That why we kill for it mehn.
The love of jollof is the beginning of disposable bag to pack home grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by flokii: 2:50pm On May 14, 2016
The Ex-bfs/gfs smiling sheepishly.

They won't talk.. You'll hardly notice them
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by kingarizona1(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2016
grin The Chykers

They can be ladies or guys(mostly). This set of people come weeding Just to look for pretty ladies to woo and collect their contact... At the end of the day(after the weeding) they'll call the person and be like.. "Hello, this John, the one you met @ the weeding smiley

2 Likes

Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by cutebobo(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2016
It was after I book-spaced and read through the post that I discovered that I have nothing to comment about the post.
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 14, 2016
The ushers: Those who do ushering jobs
Re: 7 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Every Nigerian Wedding Ceremony by Araoluwa005(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2016
hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Time: Seven Places Or Events You Should Never Attend Late / Bride Warns Her Friend Not To Outshine Her: "Don't Dance More Than Me" / Woman Shares Condoms At Her Child's Dedication In Asaba (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.