Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC (58753 Views)

Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Photos Of Ibe Kachikwu At The House Of Representatives Over The Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:30am On May 14, 2016
Do you agree?

Click like if you agree.

307 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by aljharem(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2016
I do agree !!!!

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by kossyablaze(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2016
aljharem:
I do agree !!!!
we does agreettes !!!!!!

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Mutuwa(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2016
kossyablaze:
we does agreettes !!!!!!

Agree,agreeyah,agreeiest.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 what do you guys think?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by aljharem(m): 8:41am On May 14, 2016
grin

it is only a fully functional person that can protest.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Flexherbal(m): 8:42am On May 14, 2016
On a serious note, there is hunger in the land.

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by amaechi1: 8:47am On May 14, 2016
What brought the hunger? This government or past government or failure to plan when we had plenty?

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sall(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2016
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.

165 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:18am On May 14, 2016
amaechi1:
What brought the hunger? This government or past government or failure to plan when we had plenty?
Sall:
I must say , what brought about the hunger was failure of the previous government to plan when we had plenty. And now ressession sets in we are bound to get exhausted and tired and hungry. And now enough is enough every every one must bear the brunt of our reckless spending season and be ready to make sacrifice for the future and progress of this country.so our children will not lay the blame of today on us tommorow if we fail to sacrifice today for them. My take.

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

So, what are you guys on about?

458 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Sall(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2016
My point is from your statistics and what Jonathan meet and what he left on ground that guy almost destroyed this country considering the price of crude during his tenure.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Stingman: 9:32am On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn and, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Buhari met the foreign reserve at $30bn, oil price at $40 and foreign debt of about $8bn.

Are you responding to stark ZOMBIES...? Even if their right arms were to be cut off by Buhari with pretense that it will make Nigeria great...they will foolishly accept...and ask people to bring forth their own arms to be cut...That's how bad things have turned...in this Nigeria.

271 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2016
Sall:
My point is from your statistics and what Jonathan meet and what he left on ground that guy almost destroyed this country considering the price of crude during his tenure.

And what has Buhari achieved with what he met on ground?

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by tunnyl(m): 9:58am On May 14, 2016
Hmm. In my opinion, most of the protests during Jonathan era against the subsidy removal were sponsored by opposition party and the likes. Protests sometimes won't go far if there is no private sponsorship

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Tokt: 10:09am On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Obasanjo met the foreign reserve at $3.5bn and, oil price at $9 and a foreign debt of $32bn.

Foolish comparism. Compare Obj's expenses to current expenses factoring in inflation over the years. Start with both minimum wages.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Nobody: 10:32am On May 14, 2016
Mutuwa:

Agree,agreeyah,agreeiest.
agrededede ede urie! grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ahaz: 10:37am On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Do you agree?

Click like if you agree.
fact...I agree, as human beings but only zombies disagree.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by ahaz: 10:42am On May 14, 2016
Sall:
but why did you refuse to blame the past govt in gejs tenure when ye inherited Boko haram, BAD refineries and no strong laws against coruption, deep rooted cabals, instead u want to exonerate your saint pmb, is it not hypocrisy? if your demi god is clueless let j resign.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2016
1after:

Lol. The guy dumb pass my dog.
Tokt:

Foolish comparism. Compare Obj's expenses to current expenses factoring in inflation over the years. Start with both minimum wages.

Both of you should ask your Mathematics teachers to refund whatever monies they collected for tutoring you.

Nigeria sells oil in dollars and converts the dollars to naira with which it funds it's budgets. Now at $9 per barrel in 1999 and official exchange rate of 22 naira, 1 barrel of crude would fetch OBJ 9 × 22 = N198

At $40 per barrel in 2016 and official exchange rate of 199, 1 barrel of oil would fetch Buhari 40 x 199 = N7,960

So, for every N198 OBJ earned, Buhari earned N7,960.

What are you guys still on about?

219 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by forghon: 11:51am On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

objs tenure ur state budget was like 34bn are u still telling me ur gov prsntd a budget of 34bn nt over 100bn dis yr nd u fgt to mention looting of hw much

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by londoner: 12:00pm On May 14, 2016
Nigerians protested subsidy removal under GEJ because they were already used to disrespecting him so they feared no retaliation. They fear Buhari so not only will there be no protests against fuel subsidy removal but also not regarding the still missing Chibok girls or boko horam.

The truth is that Nigerians are too ashamed to admit that they fear protesting openly against Buhari....because he is Buhari.

I do however agree with subsidy removal now just as I agreed when Jonathan tried. The only issue is that it should be gradually phased out to allow reasonable adjustments.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2016
forghon:
objs tenure ur state budget was like 34bn are u still telling me ur gov prsntd a budget of 34bn nt over 100bn dis yr nd u fgt to mention looting of hw much

In 1999, N34bn would be 34bn ÷ 22 (official exchange rate) = $1545454545.45 ie $1.545bn.

Today, the same amount would be $1,545,454,545.45 × 199 (official exchange rate) = N307,545,454,545

So, the N34bn budgeted in 1999 is actually equivalent to N307.5bn today.

What do you have to say?

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by forghon: 12:11pm On May 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

In 1999, N34bn would be 34bn ÷ 22 (official exchange rate) = $1545454545.45 ie $1.545bn.

Today, the same amount would be $1,545,454,545.45 × 199 (official exchange rate) = N307,545,454,545

So, the N34bn budgeted in 1999 is actually equivalent to N307.5bn today.

What do you have to say?
dat was wen naira get value are u still blaming buhari for dat?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by LadyExcellency: 12:17pm On May 14, 2016
amaechi1:

My Neighbour whose shop got burnt a year ago has recovered.

Ask those people whose shops got burnt in Lagos last January how they are faring, many of them are on the part to recovery while some are back on their feet.

A lazy son always blames his dead father's inability to keep buoyant inheritance for his failures.

Our agricultural revolution was on course when this government took over a year ago but where is it today?

Extreme hunger in the land, insecurity everywhere and someone is still making excuses after a year in office.

Zombie 2.0

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2016
forghon:
dat was wen naira get value are u still blaming buhari for dat?

How does Buhari come in here?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Jesusloveyou: 12:31pm On May 14, 2016
aljharem:
grin

it is only a fully functional person that can protest.
u that is not protesting means u are not functioning well

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by Jesusloveyou: 12:59pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=LadyExcellency post=45611621]
My Neighbour whose shop got burnt a year ago has recovered. A lazy son always blames his dead father's inability to keep buoyant inheritance for
how did ur neigbor recover? was she given a hand or she start from scratch, in nigeria case is a different scenario, ur ineffectual buffoon and his cronies has not return what they stole, meanwhile for nigeria to stand on her feet, u saTANist ipod are stil wishing the economy to collapse by sabotaging the econom
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

5 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Jesusloveyou post=45612609][/quote]

Bro, nobody is sabotaging the economy. Buhari is sabotaging himself.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by LadyExcellency: 1:43pm On May 14, 2016
Jesusloveyou:

A man without vision has a lot of excuses and that's what you are and so have no eyes to see the total failure in the 19th century government policies Buhari is leading.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC by AyodejiGREAT: 3:53pm On May 14, 2016
Wailer Vs Zombie thread

I'm outta here

Foolish people

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Should Swiss Woman, Nwanyiocha Be Made A Commissioner In Anambra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.