Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

What Should Someone Do In Case Of A Snake Bite? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Should Someone Do In Case Of A Snake Bite? (641 Views)

Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report / 250 People Die Of Snake Bite In Plateau And Gombe Due To Scarcity Of Anti-Venom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should Someone Do In Case Of A Snake Bite? by professore(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2016
Just a few days ago I saw a thread where someone said her mum was stung by a Scorpion;and to me he got the needed attention,but rather too late,why would someone wait to be stung before knowing what to do as first aid.

Well these are the tips from the post:
1)Tie a heavy cloth firmly above the spot of the sting
2)Eat a full bulb of Onion
3)Slice/cut open the spot of the sting and rub some Onions on it.
4)The above should be enough,but if u wish,u can go to the hospital afterwards

Note:a scorpion sting is extremely painful to a healthy adult,and lethal to young kids and elders.

Here is the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3096135/scorpion-stung-mum

Now to the topic,following the outbreak of snakes as evident on Nairaland where people post how they escaped a snake bite,one should be curious to know what to do in case of Snake bite: as Snakes are lethal either to infants,adults or elders;we should not wait till we are bitten,we should not take chances,this thread may safe a life sooner or later,thanks.

Cc: lalasticlala,sissy3,dominique

(1) (Reply)

What Your Blood Type Says About YOU. / Herbal Medicine And Natural Health Course / What Can I Use Please !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.