Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? (3824 Views)

What Does It Cost To Organise A Talent Show Like Dem Project Fame,naija Sings / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? / Is Anyone Watching Channel 4: Saving African Witch Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by laniks: 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2009
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 17, 2009
Loving the clips kiss
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tpiah2: 2:28am On Aug 17, 2009
beautiful wink
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 17, 2009
Lol, I actually expected a flop from the singers, but some do have outstanding voices. Ovie is the best so far.

The men are boring to watch, gosh. undecided And most are not fine. Sad truth, I know. grin

The Riola girl went off key at a point, but I liked her performance. She was able to move the crowd. grin

@poster make sure you keep us updated. kiss
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 17, 2009
Still,

didnt u like SHIM? she was great kiss
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 17, 2009
Shim's boring!!! She had no spice. It almost felt like a funeral. Have you watched Ovie?
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 17, 2009
rotflmao.

Ovie, was screaming tongue
Ok, if you take SHIM's voice and add Ovie's spice, then SHIM's got it
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 17, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao.

Ovie, was screaming tongue
Ok, if you take SHIM's voice and add Ovie's spice, then SHIM's got it

Screaming ko, jumping ni. Shim's voice was shaky when delivering that low octave. Her voice' not powerful.

Why are all the men on suits? They should dress like young boys jare.

Lol, John looks like treetop!!! grin
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 17, 2009
rotflmao. ewww, John looks ugly

Ovie sef looks like a yellow tree grin

OMG, Riola was a mess
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 17, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao

Ovie sef looks like a yellow tree grin

OMG, Riola was a mess

Lol, yellow tree? You're wicked! grin Yeah Riola was a mess but I like her. cheesy
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 17, 2009
naa John is the finest compared to the rest of the men.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by davidif: 5:39am On Aug 17, 2009
I loooooooooooooooooove it cool cool. They can't compare to American Idol though.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2009
Riola has the tendency to get carried away by the cheering and stray off( off note, off course, off purpose).

She has got to watch it. Its primarily a singing competition and the other things like dancing and shaking are just perks.

She was my favorite from the regional auditions but from her two performances, she seems to be loosing focus of the *singing*.

From their performances, my favorites for now are(in this order) the two Lagos girls, Ovie and Tamara, Jon, Tarila, would have added the angelic voices here but i think their singing in a group gives them an advantage over others so Riola would come before them.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Meldrick(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2009
stillwater:

naa John is the finest compared to the rest of the men.
Is it the talent or u are more interested in the handsome guys? grin grin
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nezan(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2009
Meldrick:

May be she has a crush on him grin
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tunde300us(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2009
Naija sing is wacked man,all the singers re appauling.I cant even point my finger to one wey make sense.Have u guys seen mtn project fame?
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
Meldrick:

How many 'unfine' singers do you know? grin I'm used to handsome men serenading me. It's hard to settle for less. tongue kiss
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tessybaby(f): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2009
I watched this show last weekend and I think it's a total mess
The worst thing about dat show is the presenter
Goshhhhhhhhh
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2009
which one be 'total mess'

I still like Riola

OVIE is skilled and Tarila is good too. SHIM is not bad either but she's not as interesting to watch as RIOLA

like Angelic voices as well

By main grouse is with the instrumentals, what are they using, sounds like its pre-recorded
makes it dull, a live band would be livelier
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by moraachi: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
tamara and tarila are d best.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by goggs(m): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
my three favorites are in the following order

(i) Riola: she is good but she needs to be careful about getting worked up towards the end. Probably carried away by the crowd. She is distinct with her moves and voice and doesnt mimic like Ovie did the last time kiss

(ii) Ovie; she is super but seems a little lifeless. Her voice is good, if not the best. Her lack of stage persona makes Roila tops kiss

(iii) Tamara; Her 'violent' perfomance in the last show was an overkill. She probably wanted to repeat her superb performance in the first show where she was strong and forceful in the rendition of beyonce's Listen. Infact more forceful than the original song. A piece of advice; Keep that up and you will out of the show in no time. By the way as a professional singer (backups for Lagbaja and co) I dont think she should be in the show. Well s**t happens grin

Others

(iv) Tarila: The only guy really grooving along. grin

(v) Angelic voices: They were a little off in several places. Good luck undecided

Well thats ma round up
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by goggs(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2009
my three favorites are in the following order

(i) Riola: she is good but she needs to be careful about getting worked up towards the end. Probably carried away by the crowd. She is distinct with her moves and voice and doesnt mimic like Ovie did the last time kiss

(ii) Ovie; she is super but seems a little lifeless. Her voice is good, if not the best. Her lack of stage persona makes Roila tops kiss

(iii) Tamara; Her 'violent' performance in the last show was an overkill. She probably wanted to repeat her superb performance in the first show where she was strong and forceful in the rendition of Beyonce's Listen. Infact more forceful than Beyonce in the original song. A piece of advice; Keep that up and you will be out of the show in no time. By the way as a professional singer (backups for Lagbaja and co) I dont think she should be in the show. Well s**t happens grin

Others

(iv) Tarila: The only guy really grooving along. grin

(v) Angelic voices: They were a little off in several places. Good luck undecided

Well thats ma round up
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
Riola is very good, but as people pointed out, she has a tendency to over react to the crowd. She should work on that. But she definitely connects to the audience, which is a good thing.

Jon has charisma and style. I like that.

There were a couple of male singers who are talented but need to work on their appearance a bit.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by laniks: 2:37am On Aug 18, 2009
Can we vote online?
I think the contestants are great!

I am also, looking forward to Big Brother Africa! without the shower hour! lol
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by ayobase(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2009
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Reptyle(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ tunde3000us and tessybaby

Are you guys sure we are watching the same show?

So far, the standard of the show has been really impressive. All of the contestants with the exception of Goodness, have all held their own. Olisah, the host, has also done really well. The studio design is also wonderful. You cannot really compare the show to Project Fame because the contestants in fame land have a bunch of professionals working with them while the Naijasings crew are basically doing their own thing without any expert help. For a show in its first season, I think the organizers have done well.

In my opinion so far, I think Tarila is the best male while Tamara is the best female. These two seem to be breezing through the show effortlessly thus far. Ovie is good too but methinks she needs to up her game and master the stage. Riola is good but she needs to keep it together and not get carried away with the lights and the crowd. So far, she has made two wrong song choices and that could cost her big time. She struggled thru her last performance. She has managed to get by on her charisma so far. Shim, what can I say about this lady? She has a good and strong voice. But I think she's yet to adapt to performing before a crowd. She is too self-conscious. She needs to let go and just sing. Dannyluv is good but I think he has a voice that will restrict his choice of songs. He, however, has a wonderful stage presence. Same goes for that 18 year old dude. (can't remember his name now)

Convenant is an average singer and a poor performer. He lacks charisma on stage and really needs to work on that aspect as well as his voice. Jon and Victor are ok. The quartet (can't remember their name now) have an undue advantage over the others because they have the ability to inject harmony in their songs. To balance out their advantage, I think the others should have been allowed to have backup singers. Kinda like what they do on Project fame where each contestant receives backup support from 2 or even 3 other contestants.

Goodness needs to be out of that show because candidly, she is the worst of the lot presently (In my opinion) Her performance has been below par and she actually should have been voted out before the 2 gentlemen that left last week.

Just my 2 cents sha cool cool
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
Just heard Tamara on youtube singing Listen, Ovie still stands out for me. Her voice is far better than Tamara's, although she mispronounces her words. Slightly annoying.

Tamara copied all Beyonce's gesticulations (even facial expressions) in her performance. Yes she can sing, but her voice is not peculiar and she tries so hard.

Just heard the Tarila you guys are praising . . .my verdict . . .not spectacular.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tunde300us(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
@reptylecheesy fact that the contestants dont have someone to guide them makes the show so so poor and really i think the audience score card sometimes pisses me off cos some of them just say thrash and i am suppose to watch that and say it is good. NO !
How do u make people go on stage without any guidance and worse off no proper judge ! cos the audience just dont understand music to know when someone has done well or just croaking, cos u honestly dont want to be the one to write off someone, and because of ur judgement the person has to go.
But all in all i wish them the best,but me i no fit rate that show more than 30%,nd na the stage score 15% oh !
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by soloqy: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2009
@tunde

You are right about the audience comments part. Its usually my worst part of the show. They ought to scrap that and get some knowledgable people in music to do the commenting.
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by tunde300us(m): 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
Thank God am not the only one that has noticed it !
Re: Naija Sings: Anyone Watching? by mamagee6(f): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
na wa oo, Can't people watch something without complaining?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genevieve And Majid In "Silent Scandals". / [full Movie] Download Jenifa’s Diary Complete Season 5 / Where Do I Download This Very Old Anime: High School Of The Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.