Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Morality Of Murder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Morality Of Murder (2290 Views)

Nairalanders,lets Discuss The Morality Of Prostitution / Religion And The Morality (arrogance) Of Power / Islam Versus Christianity : The Morality And Santity Of Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2009
For the Christian, Atheist, Muslim and what ever you practice.
Is it right under any circumstance to take the life of a human being?
Are there any scenarios where you think it is justified to kill someone?
—Article 6.1 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights state that:
“ Every human being has the inherent right to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life. ”
The scenarios are very many from abortion, to taking someone off  life support, do I have the right to take my own life, and so on.

So I am asking is there a right time to murder and why or why not?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2009
Self defence.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Diva1(f): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

For the Christian, Atheist, Muslim and what ever you practice.
Is it right under any circumstance to take the life of a human being?
Are there any scenarios where you think it is justified to kill someone?
—Article 6.1 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights state that:
“ Every human being has the inherent right to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life. ”
The scenarios are very many from abortion, to taking someone off  life support, do I have the right to take my own life, and so on.

So I am asking is there a right time to murder and why or why not?

This is something I've thought about too, even self defence, I sometimes imagine myself killing someone but what has to be done has to be done, I guess.

I don't think there is a right time to murder but for those murderers and serial killers, I think that's only when it is justifiable to do so and somehow self defence, all others I don't think so.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
stillwater:

Self defence.
Does that take away that life is sacred for you ( I am guessing that you are a christian now)? I mean do you have to really kill someone to defend yourself? Would you go for a taser or a shot gun?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2009
Diva1:

This is something I've thought about too, even self defence, I sometimes imagine myself killing someone but what has to be done has to be done, I guess.

I don't think there is a right time to murder but for those murderers and serial killers, I think that's only when it is justifiable to do so and somehow self defence, all others I don't think so.
Hello Diva,
Do you think the killing them punishes the individual or the people who loves the person?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Diva1(f): 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Hello Diva,
Do you think the killing them punishes the individual or the people who loves the person?

Hey Chris smiley
I wouldn't necessarily say punishing the individual because he/she is already gone and dead but at least, it helps reduce people that commit such atrocious crime. I heard like here in the US, some people commit crimes just to be in jail because, they eat well even better than outside, safety and all. A man might want to commit a crime and knows if he gets caught, he could be dead so that might help change his mind. In all, I feel it is justified.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Tudor6(f): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2009
Everyone alive has a right to life and to protect my own rights i'll gladly off the SOB who tries to kill me.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by bawomolo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2009
Tudór:

Everyone alive has a right to life and to protect my own rights i'll gladly off the SOB who tries to kill me.

ha ha
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2009
Tudór:

LOL my guy my guy
You know you cannot get off that easily with me na  grin
The question is do you have to kill someone in self defence, I mean defend yourself with the intention to kill?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Diva1(f): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

LOL my guy my guy
The question is do you have to kill someone in self defence, I mean defend yourself with the intention to kill?

Most times someone that kills in self defence isn't premeditated. It just happens while trying to defend his/her self. The one I hate is when there is an opportunity to escape and have actually escaped, but come back to kill, calling it self defence, that I do not like.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Tudor6(f): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

LOL my guy my guy
he he he. . . . .
I advocate that you defend yourself with an "open mind" not necessarily with intent to kill. Initially you should be willing to neutralise the threat, if you're lucky and youz stronger than the 'muhajadeen' or have got say a taser or pepper spray somewhere, you can at least try alittle damage control. However when the felon is obviously stronger than you and you're in a kinda weak spot, animalistic instincts kick in and you'd do all in thy power to survive even KILL.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2009
Tudór:

he he he. . . . .
I advocate that you defend yourself with an "open mind" not necessarily with intent to kill. Initially you should be willing to neutralise the threat, if you're lucky and youz stronger than the 'muhajadeen' or have got say a taser or pepper spray somewhere, you can at least try alittle damage control. However when the felon is obviously stronger than you and you're in a kinda weak spot, animalistic instincts kick in and you'd do all in thy power to survive even KILL.
Point taken grin
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Krayola2(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2009
what about the death penalty? for or against?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2009
Krayola2:

what about the death penalty? for or against?
The truth is I do not really know both sides have good arguments. You?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by posakosa(m): 7:39am On Aug 17, 2009
Is it right to murder ? depends on WHY someone's being murdered.

These days, we seem to be able to rationalize any and everything,
Re: The Morality Of Murder by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2009
I think a basic definition is in order: Murder - the crime of unlawfully killing a person[b] especially with malice aforethought[/b]

I will have zero problem killing in self-defense or in the defense of another who is in trouble. Morals do not have much to do with it imho, its a matter of cause, effect and prevention.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Seun(m): 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2009
If you don't have to kill to defend yourself, then the morality of killing in self-defense is questionable.
I would rather have people armed with shields, tasers, stun guns and pepper sprays for self-defense.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by posakosa(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Seun, do you still attend Foursquare in Sango ?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Does that take away that life is sacred for you ( I am guessing that you are a christian now)? I mean do you have to really kill someone to defend yourself? Would you go for a taser or a shot gun?

It's really not that easy to kill. The point is to do everything possible to escape if ever I encounter an attacker. If he gets killed in the process, well . . . I can only say it's not my fault. It doesn't make life look less to me either because I protected myself.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Secretz(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
stillwater:

It's really not that easy to kill. The point is to do everything possible to escape if ever I encounter an attacker. If he gets killed in the process, well . . . I can only say it's not my fault. It doesn't make life look less to me either because I protected myself.

Very sensible. grin
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Purist(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
Take a look at this scenario:

You bump into a terrorist in an enclosed room who's about to blow up an entire stadium on the night of a UEFA Champions League Final (assuming the bomb has THAT capability).  You are the only one that knows about this, and NOTHING you say/preach to him will change anything, his mind's made up.  There's a loaded AK47 lying somewhere on the floor.  You have the chance to pick it up and blow his brains off, saving thousands of lives, or you have the chance to walk away because "you don't want to kill" (but of course you'll also die when he detonates).  Which option will you pick?
Re: The Morality Of Murder by JeSoul(f): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
Purist:

Take a look at this scenario:

You bump into a terrorist in an enclosed room who's about to blow up an entire stadium on the night of a UEFA Champions League Final (assuming the bomb has THAT capability). You are the only one that knows about this, and NOTHING you say/preach to him will change anything, his mind's made up. There's a loaded AK47 lying somewhere on the floor. You have the chance to pick it up and blow his brains off, saving thousands of lives, or you have the chance to walk away because "you don't want to kill" (but of course you'll also die when he detonates). Which option will you pick?
Very easy. I will send him a few minutes early to go and collect his 72 virgins cool.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
[size=13pt]What then are we. . .?,If really as claimed"written" in the Bible (Jesus Christ )-died for the sin's of the world it simply mean's we are all Murderer's unknowingly,peherp's i didn't  set my eye's  on the Guy,i didn't see him until his death,but i stumble across some people telling so many stories upon stories about him,i was wondering about the stories  because that time i have not yet read the Bible not until i read it,i study this book and my brain never lie in proper understanding.
  It is Written Jesus died for the sake of me and you,and this mean's we as human being are"Born to Kill" even when we are inside womb,but if the reason of starting this thread is simply because you get bored or worried whenever you murder someone"Human being"-im encourageing you to keep killing people each day,dont worry anymore because you didn't start it all,keep on killing and take it as Fun,but in secret.
I Dont love sharing in this kind of thread because i know some people would not appriciate my pieces of advice,im only a professional"WORLD CHANGER"- and if really you show great interest in becoming like me do feel free to be Original today.

YES,WE ARE ALL MURDERER'S. . .HUMAN ARE THE DISEASE OF THIS WORLD THAT KILL'S WITHOUT NO CARE***

[/size]
Re: The Morality Of Murder by JPot: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
My opinion is that murder is a last resort in any pressing circumstance.

When defending yourself (& family) it is better to cripple the enemy than kill him. Killing is a tool of Satan. That's my opinion.

I think that even atheists will agree with me on this.

Muslims, Wait, what are they even doing in this forum? shocked
Re: The Morality Of Murder by hubreality(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
Ugly spirit of murder looming around. BAD and Forbiden SPIRIT. Very infectious when discussed. Seun, your recommendation for self defence was quite right towards avoiding murder. Reject the morality of murder(the influence). Yes! You can.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by hubreality(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
In cases of self defence, I always use my in-spirit energy and wisdom to control the mind(thoughts) of any rival whatsoever without drawing out a sword. I found it 100% safe.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by hubreality(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
In cases of self defence, I always use my in-spirit energy and wisdom to control the mind(thoughts) of any rival whatsoever without drawing out a sword. I found it 100% safe.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
For we are all Muderer's. . .so i see no need why rejecting our real identity,i just read someone post talking about((In-Spirit)) or whatsoever.The act of self defense is the use of force to defend one's person from an attacker or a threatening situation.  The force must be reasonable.  Self defense is in place to protect you from being convicted of a crime if you afflict harm on the person who is attacking you.  A good example of self defense is if you had a  Satanist  having struggle with a stubborn Christian and ended up using the  weapon against him.  You will  be responsible for causing harm to the Stubborn Christian.
The reason why self defense is being used is a big factor.  If you have personal protection devices that you carry on you for safety and you are in a situation where you feel unsafe you can use them.  Circumstances such as where you are walking down the sidewalk late at night and you are approached by a person demanding you to come with them then you have the right to protect yourself.
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Krayola2(m): 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2009
What about for retribution? Is it ok to kill a murderer? why not just lock them up?

Killing murderers is wrong!
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Tudor6(f): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2009
hubreality:

If this is your plan for self defence then sorry you aint got much time to live. . .
Re: The Morality Of Murder by Tudor6(f): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2009
hubreality:

If this is your plan for self defence then sorry you aint got much time to live. . .
Re: The Morality Of Murder by hubreality(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2009
grin The Spirit will always rule and dominate the physical. Too Big for the religious and scientific minds. If you actually dwell and walk in Love, you'll be guided and protected 24/7 by the same Spirit. It carries in it the ability to always ensure that you walk and dwell in the path of peace. I mean it, there won't be any call or reason to draw a sword or pull a triger.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Exist? / Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed? / It Seems Dey Re All Scared Of OREMUSSANCTUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.