Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,939 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:56 AM

EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody (23530 Views)

Youths Wear Goodluck Jonathan Mask In Kano As Ex President Visits (Pics) / Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Anasko(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2016
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have invaded the Mundubawa Avenue, Kano residence of a former governor of of the state, Ibrahim Shekarau.

Sources at the residence said on Saturday morning, the operatives began searching the residence of the former governor, who is detained by the anti-graft agency since Thursday.

Mr. Shekarau had denied benefiting from the N950million campaign funds and knowledge of how the money was shared, admitting that the funds were only shared in his house.

Malam Ibrahim Shekarau
After his arrest on Thursday, the EFCC granted him bail on the condition of presenting two directors in the federal civil service as sureties.

Reliable sources said Mr. Shekarau met the bail conditions on Friday, but the EFCC remanded him for his insistence that he did not benefit from the funds.

A former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aminu Wali, was released on Thursday after admitting that he collected N25 “contingency allowance” from the campaign funds.

Sources told Daily Nigerian that Mr. Shekarau received his share of N25 “contingency allowance” through his emissary, identified as Yahaya.

Daily Nigerian reliably gathered that when a former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aminu Wali, collected the money from Fidelity Bank, located on Murtala Mohammed Way, Kano, he raised concerns about the safety of the funds in his custody to party leaders.

At that point, sources said, Mr. Shekarau to volunteered to take the money to his house, saying he had enough safes to contain the money.

Mr. Wali and other party leaders allegedly obliged the request.

“Ambassador Wali never even accompanied the money to Shekarau’s Mundubawa Avenue residence and he never participated in sharing the money,” said a source who is a member of the campaign committee.

“Shekarau single-handedly shared all the money to all the beneficiaries. He gave State Assembly, House of Representatives and Senatorial candidates their shares.”

http://dailynigerian.com/2016/05/14/efcc-invades-shekaraus-residence-as-ex-gov-spends-second-day-in-costody/

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Ezedon(m): 10:33pm On May 14, 2016
These people have sucked us dry, let them start action immediately

Not going to church due to rain have made me FTC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by bonechamberlain(m): 10:35pm On May 14, 2016
this is a tactical plan by APC to silence any perceived powerful opposition against its policies and govt. I don't see why only a particular political party members are being investigated and harassed for an Utopian corruption charges. the day of reckoning is coming. angry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by vicdom(m): 10:41pm On May 14, 2016
cry yet another ploy to divert mental focuses on the precarious economic situation of the nation.....this is blatant political vendetta!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 14, 2016
bonechamberlain:
this is a tactical plan by APC to silence any perceived powerful opposition against its policies and govt. I don't see why only a particular political party members are being investigated and harassed for an Utopian corruption charges. the day of reckoning is coming. angry
guy sharap if u nor get anything to talk abeg.
d day PDP win make den witch hunt their perceived enemies, at least that will balance the political equation.
so u mean u are in support of those money collected from CBN?
is the CBN PDP's personal account?
am not in support of anyone but let whoever is in power probe the other and at the end everyone will be afraid of NEMESIS. thank u.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by bonechamberlain(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2016
kingkakaone:
guy sharap if u nor get anything to talk abeg.
d day PDP win make den witch hunt their perceived enemies, at least that will balance the political equation.
so u mean u are in support of those money collected from CBN?
is the CBN PDP's personal account?
am not in support of anyone but let whoever is in power probe the other and at the end everyone will be afraid of NEMESIS. thank u.
u should keep quiet if u have nothing to say, which money was collected, how many have been prosecuted. until may 29 when buhari says he would talk about this so called corruption fight, this rubbish going on isn't corruption fight. thank u.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Businessideas: 11:07pm On May 14, 2016
This was the same Shekarau people almost made the president due to his performance at the 2011 presidential debate. shocked
Now I know the wisdom in the wise saying that "empty barrel makes the loudest noise".2019 will be very interesting for pdp walahi .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by slimfit1(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2016
bonechamberlain:
u should keep quiet if u have nothing to say, which money was collected, how many have been prosecuted. until may 29 when buhari says he would talk about this so called corruption fight, this rubbish going on isn't corruption fight. thank u.

Go and overdose yourself with panadol we are happy with this type of wizard hunting if no like am this is a good method of fighting corruption to hell with you. I think your father is nect thats why you are not happy.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 14, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

Night don come for EFCC custody where Shekarau dey oh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Okanokan(m): 11:41pm On May 14, 2016
"Any Society that send its GOOD and BAD men and women to PRISON then, the only PLACE for GOOD and BAD men and women is the PRISON"
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 14, 2016
bonechamberlain:
hahaha

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:00am On May 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
I don't blame you for the ignorance you're exhibiting. I will only assume that because electricity is hard to come by, Internet connection is substandard, and the price exorbitant, is why you never saw President Buhari say on CNN that the act of gathering evidence is tedious and the Prosecution wants to have a watertight case so that those who stole your Commonwealth dry and denied you proper education are successfully convicted.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09am On May 15, 2016
Who is saying the truth between Shekarau and Wali?
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by citizenY(m): 2:03am On May 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:

Yes .... Shekarau for president 2019. He will transfer CBN to Mundubawa Road. Allah kai mu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by TimJackJsm(m): 2:35am On May 15, 2016
Day two ke?
No be turkey thigh and special water dem, dey feed him with? See as dem paint am like say him dey suffer.
Abeg make Una park well jare.
All EFCC dey arraign wetin dem do them all these while? Initial or Final gragra..... News like say make paper see something carry.
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Babacele: 5:35am On May 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Shekaro admitted he collected N950m illegally from the public purse: yes or no?

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by hmuhammad(m): 7:17am On May 15, 2016
So shekarau follow chop our yam. when this thief decamped to PDP, wailers were very happy thinking the barawo will pull more votes for their hero.
This man became irrelevant in North since he contested the presidency against PMB, any northern politician who tries to contest the 2019 election with PMB will end up like shekarau.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:49am On May 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:

Tactical plan kwa...I just don't understand why people defend corruption. Even after Shekarau admitted N950m was shared on his dining table, you are here still talking about "tactical plan" and "Utopian corruption charges!"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by bonechamberlain(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
I don't blame you for the ignorance you're exhibiting. I will only assume that because electricity is hard to come by, Internet connection is substandard, and the price exorbitant, is why you never saw President Buhari say on CNN that the act of gathering evidence is tedious and the Prosecution wants to have a watertight case so that those who stole your Commonwealth dry and denied you proper education are successfully convicted.
nothing to convince ur zombiefied mind, I guys void of rationality.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by WildChild00(m): 8:41am On May 15, 2016
If Shekarau was still APC as a member, would the Efcc have arrested him....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by bonechamberlain(m): 8:41am On May 15, 2016
slimfit1:

Go and overdose yourself with panadol we are happy with this type of wizard hunting if no like am this is a good method of fighting corruption to hell with you. I think your father is nect thats why you are not happy.
t o hell with u and ur zombified family, what gut do u have to mention any member of family, u are talking to me what is ur business with my father, better grow up.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by ProHuntConsult: 9:16am On May 15, 2016
Just take a look at that house, am honestly speachless
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by TrollTrap: 9:19am On May 15, 2016
Lol man said second day in costody grin grin
Couldn't read the rest after that
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Nobody: 9:19am On May 15, 2016
Which one be costody ?
Abi na custody

1 Like

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by ybalogs(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2016
To think I used to adore this man is annoying in itself. You didn't share from the money, you just allowed your house to be used? How dumb can that get? A foolish man wouldn't even raise such argument. Very disappointed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Sall(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
You are but wailing wailer if you still believed all this revelations and confession are still APC propaganda. Your kind are not good for the society.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by Ezedon(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2016
I'm tired of all these news
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by ybalogs(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2016
But seriously, that nah house for one person? How many people dey work inside am abeg?
Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by goodlifehyd1: 9:24am On May 15, 2016
No peace for the wicked, they must all be hunted down

bonechamberlain:
When PDP was in power why didnt they clamp down on the corrupt APC members instead you all were praising them when they were wasting billions on newspaper adverts and TV adverts to tell us these people are corrupt instead of taking action since they proved they got evidence.... mtcheeeew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Invades Shekarau’s Mansion As Ex- Gov Spends Second Day In Costody by misscall247: 9:25am On May 15, 2016
always opposition..........what of sanusi lamido sanusi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Strips President, Minister Of Power To Allocate Oil Blocs / Hope Uzodimma: We Are Obedient To APC, Not Any Individual, Political Party / Saheed Balogun: No Offer Can Make Me Stop Supporting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.