Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:36 PM

Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track (25293 Views)

Saudi Prince Wants Hyperloop To Slash 10 Hrs Riyadh To Jeddah Trip To 76 Minutes / The First Ever Hyperloop Travel System (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 3:49pm On May 15, 2016
BarryX:
Hyperloop design is different from Maglev.

And Lagos is not building Hyperloop and by the way if those two companies are only two companies building Hyperloop where does Skytran come in?

Does that answer your dumb question?

Why not just be a man and answer yes or no.

You said hyperloop doesn't travel on Maglev so before we go any further, answer my question?

Does hyperloop travel on Maglev. Yes or no.?
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:

Why not just be a man and answer yes or no.

You said hyperloop doesn't travel on Maglev so before we go any further, answer my question?

Does hyperloop travel on Maglev. Yes or no.?
No! How does that solve your ignorance now?
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 3:57pm On May 15, 2016
BarryX:
Hyperloop" where does Skytran come in?

I never asserted that skytran is building hyperloop, I said they are building a system based of hyperloop technology.

I've shown facts with links stating skytran is using hyperloop technology.

Hyperloop designers at MIT picked passive maglev

Skytran also picked passive maglev

All you have is just talk and blind argumemt not supported with facts..
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 4:06pm On May 15, 2016
BarryX:
No! How does that solve your ignorance now?

buhahahah....lmao..

This joker is scared to answer a simple question.. You saw the trap you set for yourself and refusing to enter your own trap....

If you really are sure that hyperloop doesn't run on Maglev, you should be man enough to answer yes or no.

See ya life....lmao.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:

I never asserted that skytran is building hyperloop, I said they are building a system based of hyperloop technology.

Explain this part of your comment again?

Either Skytran is lying to somebody here or probably they have a version of what they call Hyperloop (which s a probably a technology that uses Maglev passively) that is not in tandem with the original prototype propounded by SpaceX

O tan!

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by BarryX(m): 4:07pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:

buhahahah....lmao..

This joker is scared to answer a simple question.. You saw the trap you set for yourself and refusing to enter your own trap....

If you really are sure that hyperloop doesn't run on Maglev, you should be man enough to answer yes or no.

See ya life....lmao.
Read the statement again. I answered your ignorant ass..
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 4:24pm On May 15, 2016
BarryX:
Explain this part of your comment again?

Either Skytran is lying to somebody here or probably they have a version of what they call Hyperloop (which s a probably a technology that uses Maglev passively) that is not in tandem with the original prototype propounded by SpaceX

O tan!

Skytran has nothing to do with claim that hyperloop doesn't travel on Maglev.

Seriously, why are you dancing around qnd refusing to answer a simple question.?

You know answering that question means unravelling your whole argument.

You don't have to be dishonest or deceptive if you have facts on your side.

Is it still your claim that hyperloop doesn't travel on Maglev like you claimed before. Yes or no.

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 4:26pm On May 15, 2016
BarryX:
Read the statement again. I answered your ignorant ass..

It was a yes or no question begging for a yes or no answer.

Yes or no..
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by steveyen(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2016
This is just stupid as it sounds.

Why must everything about Nigeria financial sector be Lagos ? A country of several millions people with 36 states has only one viable city !!!

Why cant we have several other Lagos's around the country to seriously depopulate Lagos. The south east, south south are wonderful regions to develop so that people from all regions of Nigeria can start going to those places. Pat Utomi once said this.

This utopian plan overwhelm Lagos with so many things is practically senseless. People should stop coming to Lagos people shld move to other regions that is the only thing that make economic sense not to overwhelm the state with population explosion and now start using billions of naira to build skytran, monorail, subway etc.

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

No need for all your nedless essay. Hyperloop is a mode of transportation like car, train, plane and boat..

Hyperloop as a mode of transportation is adapted in different forms, on land, above land and could be powered using different methods like maglev or air propulsion.. Simple.

And yes, construction is up and running in Israel and set to come to life in a few months. End of story.

I now regret answering you. You'd have just told me you were this stupid.

Even when there is free knowledge, you refuse to have sense. Ozwo
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by princejayboss: 6:18pm On May 15, 2016
Why are we so gullible that we accept anything.... This political class knew how our brain works so they take advantage of this.

As a renowned physicist I refuse to accept this lie.... It's 80% impossible.

God will judge our political class

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 7:03pm On May 15, 2016
og2711:

I now regret answering you. You'd have just told me you were this stupid.

Even when there is free knowledge, you refuse to have sense. Ozwo

This is the thanks I get for educating you?
Look in the mirror for stupid. They ask you what hyperloop is and instead of simply saying it's a mode of transportation, you gave silly, needless and irrelevant essay..

This is why many of you fail WAEC...

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by forgiveness: 7:31pm On May 15, 2016
CFCman:

Mehn!! I can't wait to see what Lagos would be like in 10-12 yrs time. It, alongside Abuja would become the financial/trade centers of Africa.

Moreover, a gentleman's agreement between Lagos and the other 5 SW states could be signed which would stipulate that the Lekki and MMA airports would be the only international passenger airports in the zone. This could maximize the economic viability of both airports.

Make Ogun state no sign that kin agreement oooo because Ogun state ought to have become the International transit hub for MMA if the leaders had built the airport.

Besides, Na only Lagos waka come.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by forgiveness: 7:35pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=arresa post=45628747][/quote]

grin My village don enter map kwa. grin
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by talktimi(m): 8:19pm On May 15, 2016
arresa:

Do what I asked you to do or keep quiet..
beating round the bush like a nama as usual grin wallow in your lies cretin
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Lexusgs430: 8:23pm On May 15, 2016
Common rail to construct, nah wahala. Hyperloop koo, superloop ni!!!!
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Kenechi1: 9:10pm On May 15, 2016
olatunji21:

Wow...Lagos is Moving at an Unbelievable pace...

Lagos Light Rail

Lagos-Badagry expressway 10lanes with Rail in-between

Lekki Sea Port..

Lekki Airport..

4Th Mainland Bridge

Eko Atlantic City

Monorail project... (2)...

wow..Eko Oni baje oo

Doesnt lagos already have an airport?
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by arresa: 9:18pm On May 15, 2016
talktimi:
beating round the bush like a nama as usual grin wallow in your lies cretin

You asserted that I opined that Skytran in Lagos is the same hyperloop in the US and I asked you to show us where such was said, but as usual, liars like you gyrate around like headless chicken just because you are a coward, a lair and deceptive element.

Why is what you get when ignorant losers jump and do follow follow without any though or ability to follow simple discussion and make rational contribution..

Like they say,liars go to hell..
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by sam90s(m): 10:29pm On May 15, 2016
CFCman:

lol. Its crazy

No, it's infrastructure cool
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by DisGuy: 11:58am On May 16, 2016
bobo dem
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by talktimi(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2016
arresa aka Lie Mohammed, this is your original post which started our debate

....."There is nothing new or mysterious about this system, it's already up and running in Israel and India.....

Now I beg you to show the house picture & video proof of either a hyperloop ormaglev powered train that is "up and running" in India and Israel as you so confidently asserted then i will humbly swallow my ignorance. Please sir stop beating around the bush

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by mrmetoo1: 11:00am On May 17, 2016
Pangea:
Hope you guys know the technology of the hyperloop is just being worked out?
I hope this is not April fool news in may?

This isn't hyperloop, it's maglev which is almost the same concept but maglev trains already exist.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by mrmetoo1: 11:17am On May 17, 2016
princejayboss:
Why are we so gullible that we accept anything.... This political class knew how our brain works so they take advantage of this.

The guys proposing this have nothing to do with your politics. SkyTran is a private company trying to provide a solution and sell their products worldwide. Lagos is going to be one of the early adopters probably after Israel and India. Not everything is APC, PDP sir. Sometimes just read, educate yourself. There are actually smart people in this world with smart ideas that are actually working on them, in the process they also smile to the bank. Let's welcome innovation abeg, you can't live your life being a skeptic, without any imagination.

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by mrmetoo1: 11:22am On May 17, 2016
Arresa for reduced headache can you just remove the hyperloop and put maglev. People are acting like they're stuck on the technicalities but we already know why they're angry. These are the same set of people that'll argue over whether a company can actually provide the financing to build a hospital in Nigeria. These are the same guys in the past that said oil will never be explored in Lagos, same set off his that said Eko Atlantic will never become reality yet you go there and there's progress everyday.

Their problem isn't the hyperloop because from your explanation they could have let it slide, their problem is actually thinking this might actually happen in Lagos.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by mrmetoo1: 11:27am On May 17, 2016
steveyen:

Why must everything about Nigeria financial sector be Lagos ? A country of several millions people with 36 states has only one viable city !!!

Why cant we have several other Lagos's around the country to seriously depopulate Lagos. The south east, south south are wonderful regions to develop so that people from all regions of Nigeria can start going to those places. Pat Utomi once said this.

This utopian plan overwhelm Lagos with so many things is practically senseless. People should stop coming to Lagos people shld move to other regions that is the only thing that make economic sense not to overwhelm the state with population explosion and now start using billions of naira to build skytran, monorail, subway etc.

No one is pointing a gun to anyone's head to come to Lagos. More states just need to make their environment more business friendly. With how rich the SS is, folks should be climbing over each other to go there but instead people actually try as much as possible to stay away. When you blow up pipelines and kidnap, investors are going to sit their behinds wherever they are. What's worse is, the guys that are responsible for making these these regions attractive to people/investors also cover up and are sometimes a part of these criminal elements. Theirs is a case of "you think you're doing me, you're doing yourself" Every action has consequences. Don't play yourself.

Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by tsephanyah(f): 5:41pm On May 20, 2016
forgiveness:

grin My village don enter map kwa. grin
kana nan, yakake
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by ba7man(m): 7:19am On May 31, 2016
steveyen:

Vote in leaders that have vision then........ not the ones that calls other other political parties..... "Yoruba party"........ or "Islamic Party"...... to get your attention.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by ba7man(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2016
princejayboss:

This is not politics here...... its a private company that's proposing the project.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by Originalsly: 1:31pm On May 31, 2016
arresa:
This is actually replacing the Yellow line.

What I love about this is the fact that the world bank is financing this project directly so there is money on the table to fund and complete this project on time.

Eko o ni baje o..
What I don't love about this is the fact that the World Bank is financing it directly. The World Bank is a predator....and more vicious when it comes to Black countries like Nigeria. No other Bank or country would join them...maybe the IMF....in putting this burden on Nigeria. Why doesn't New York City or Tokyo have this system?....cities that have all the infrastructures needed for such a project? and in carrying out this project.... what would be the alternative when so many roadways have to be shut down? Unnecessary burden.
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by roboace: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hello, lads. So sorry but the caption is highly misleading saying that Skytran and Hyperloop are one and the same which they are not for two reasons. A. Skytran is simply a monorail one-axis bogie system that allows a pod to travel along the monorail while the Hyperloop is based on the Kantrowitz limits principles of fluid/gas dynamics and B. The Skytran pod is exposed to atmospheric pressure while the Hyperloop works in a vaccuum w/ low pressure. Skytran and Hyperloop's mode of propulsion vary at a great length w/ air bearings or magnetic levitation tech which differs greatly w/ both propulsion sytems of SkyTran pods and Hyperloop pods. Pls note these differences and I suggest they are not regarded as the same. Cheers
Re: Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track by wink2015(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
talktimi:
Hyperloop is a new technology still in its developmental phase. Lagos will be an ideal market just because of its sheer population size.

Hyperloop technology will be suitable for long distance town.

For example Lagos to Sokoto or Port Harcourt to Maiduguri.

Peace Mass Involved In Accident On Okigwe-Enugu Expressway (Photos) / Sinmisola Ajibola Decorated As Air Peace First Female Captain / Truck Crushes Shop Owner To Death In Abeokuta (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53