Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review (450 Views)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense / The Individuality Of Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review by Nobody: 2:16am On May 15, 2016
Over the years, I have always asked myself; Why is it that in a church some people are delivered, healed ,blessed etc, yet others will remain stagnant in their poverty ,sicknesses and diseases?

This I found answers to during an interactive talk with a friend, which I will be sharing with you. There are many answers to the question above, however, this discussion will be restricted to the concept of individuality and determination in the place of worship ( church)In Hebrews 10:25 we are admonish us not to forsake the gathering of the brethren. This many adhere to, however, many have lost there individual stand in the Lord. When you are in the place of worship (Church ) do you have personal/individual expectations of God. This explain the concept of individuality in the Church. That is ,dealing with God one on one , looking up to God through Jesus Christ as the mediator.

The woman with issue of blood in Mark 5:21-34, is a perfect example for this topic. As contained in Mark 5:21-34, is a story of a woman with issue of blood and her encounter with Jesus. She heard of who Jesus Christ is ( Mark5:27) and she believed in Him and said "If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole." The Bible says that there were multitude of people around Jesus ( Mark 5:31)From the above it won't be wrong to say that there were others that were not whole. However, she was not concerned with the crowd around Jesus, after many years of flow of blood,all she was after was her healing not the crowd around, not the number of people that had been healed ; she was set out all for Jesus .

This story above is an example of the mindset we Christians should carry in the presence of God. We should not be concern with size of the crowd (whether big or small ,God's presence is where two or more are gathered in His name) to determine whether God is present or not. In the presence of God, we should not be concern with what is not and what is, rather with who God is, what God can do and what He is going to do.

In the presence of God, do not trouble yourself over what you cannot do ,do not trouble yourself over what He has promise. Rather, do what you can do, which is to praise Him, pray and ask what you desire and watch as He deliver into your hands that which you desire(Psalms). Stay calm in His presence ,in His presence be determine to have what you desire ( have faith). Determination(faith) will deliver your heart desire(s) in your hands, but worries will never, it is the tactics of devil to keep people occupied ( looking towards the wrong direction.) Let your going to Church every time be like an appointment with God to know/learn more of Him, to talk to Him about what your problems are ,praise and adore Him. Your focus in Church should not be on the pastor but on God,see what comes out of the pastor's mouth as coming from God, speaking to you one on one.
Thanks for reading, hope you are proud to be a Christian. God bless.
Written by Confidence Ishaka.
Re: Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thanks for passing by.
Re: Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Brother,
I like what you were inspired to write. This concept (of I interpreted you correctly) has been on my mind recently.
I call it "practical" & "balanced"..(but not dismissing Jesus out of the pictur totally).
While some people may never be healed physically, it may be through that sickness that they may spiritually healed (which is the ultimate goal).

I like your examples. The woman with the blood issue did something practical & balanced: she..in faith...touched Him.
She was balanced in that she believed in Jesus...she was practical in that she did something & knew in whom to place her faith. It wasn't about a "dog-n-pony" show. However, she knew she couldn't heal herself. She knew that someone Greater had to be involved.

Now there are times when Jesus says, "Be still and watch what I will do." "This situation is beyond what you can do, my child." HE--Jesus--does it so that one can give Him glory & not oneself.
Staying in a daily relationship with Christ (through prayer & His Word) Is key.

2 Likes

Re: Individuality And Determination -a Biblical Review by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Good evening everyone

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 2nd June, 2016 / Peculiar People / We’re In Mourning, Adeboye To Olawales’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.