Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Do You Really Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Really Go To Church? (9522 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Where Do Dead People Really Go? Stories Out Of The ORDINARY!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Hysmady(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2016
I go to church observe trends
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by alexlee50: 8:52am On May 15, 2016
Heterodox:
Who church don epp?
small pikin, if you have nothing to say, can't you keep quiet or ignore the thread? Abi u dey learn how to talk? Term wey warri people don use tire, before olamide use am sing, na him u dey use learn to talk?
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by chekasforchekas: 8:52am On May 15, 2016
Because I was born into church and grow in it, believe in it, and will born my children into it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by elektra(f): 8:52am On May 15, 2016
Church is more of a social gathering for me these days because I disagree with a lot of the teachings. I've made most of my friends in church and I go to keep up with them. I also don't expect any of the friends I make in church to be without faults as I know I will be grossly disappointed.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by neonly: 8:56am On May 15, 2016
I go to church so my wife wouldn't be angry with me
In short I blame buhari for dis
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 15, 2016
These are the breakdowns.
Some people go to church for miracles
Some go to church to get jobs.
Some go to church to look for husbands.Esp,the ladies.
Some go to church to look for girlfriends.Esp the guyz.
Some go to church to charge their phones.
Some go to church if they buy a new cloth.
Some go to church to get freebies.Esp the widows and less privileged.
Some go to church to while away time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 15, 2016
Some to show-off their best clothes, jewelries etc.

While others go to fulfill all righteousness
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 15, 2016
rain is falling.... no church for me today.I'll answer your question next week
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by perryy(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2016
donholy28:
Last seen in church...31/12/2015

This guy, shey me and you na one?
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Heterodox(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2016
alexlee50:
small pikin, if you have nothing to say, can't you keep quiet or ignore the thread? Abi u dey learn how to talk? Term wey warri people don use tire, before olamide use am sing, na him u dey use learn to talk?
Still wondering how many opinion is your business.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 15, 2016
Analorgue:
.either of the following reasons...
1.To check out chics
2.when the chics no fine, I get lost in thought
3.if I'm not fantasizing, then I'm scrutinizing the congregation trying to decipher as many people that would definitely be hypocrites
4.the very few times I listen, I look for flaws in the pastor's message and trust me I always find.
so u see, I offend God more by going to church.. so I just stay indoors chilling most Sundays..

cheesy
Thank you for my first crack up of the day!!!
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Ezedon(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2016
To worship God
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 15, 2016
Boldwinner:
[b]What is the AIM of bringing this topic to front page?

That you don't feel like going to church because you think there are people who go there for entertainment or people who depend only on praying without taking any action DOES NOT mean that everyone else should stop going to church.

As far as I am concerned, there are still good and vibrant people, making a contribution to the world via their actions, who go to church.
Going to church or NOT is a choice! If you want to advise people on how to take action regarding their problems, fine, go ahead and do that. Stop trying to bring the church into it simply because you don't go.

Allow those who choose to go whether good or bad, lazy or active, responsible or irresponsible, hypocrite or saint.. Allow them, it's none of your business. Your business is your own choice which will affect you and you alone. Don't cry for other people or try to drag them into not going to church when they want to.
Peace.

[/b]

Sounds like you are a pastor. grin
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by NaijaQT(f): 9:13am On May 15, 2016
My parents have always instilled in me, God helps those who help themselves.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:15am On May 15, 2016
To tel u d truth, dere ar more demons dan true christians in church-makin pple believe the church is corrupt. The one true church is in your heart, your character, your thinkin. You're its pastor. The building u call a church is a worship center whre u feed ur own church. So if ur church is corrupt, u wil see a worship center as a waist of time. Besyds, why pple dont go to a worship is coz someone in church spoilt their belief.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by mmsen: 9:17am On May 15, 2016
computerboy:
1. To charge phone
2. To show off designers wears
3. To avoid query from mum
4. To find new boo
5. So neighbours won't see you as devil
6. To clear your conscience especially if you did that "thing" Saturday night

90% go to church for the above but the 10% (which I'm included) go to church because

1. most of us can't pray well at home because of distractions and we hardly read the Bible. Even when we do, we do it with carnal knowledge.

2. In these hard times, most of us feel relieved of stress after going to church and especially after singing praises. It help to keep our hopes high.

3. To receive blessings, communion and prophetic declarations from real powerful men of God

atheists don't quote me please

How do you pray well in church with all the loud praying, shouting and jumping around?

And how does going to church allow you to read the Bible any better when it's one man stood in front of an audience dictating how a verse should be interpreted?

And which prophetic declarations? TB Joshua's? Didn't his building kill members of his own church? How did he fail to predict such an event and save their lives?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by systemz(m): 9:18am On May 15, 2016
Guy ur head dey dia.
An honest take, not self deceit.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Boldwinner(m): 9:19am On May 15, 2016
StillBrandnew:

Sounds like you are a pastor. grin

lol... I'm not one bro... I am just trying to be realistic here. We always tend to blame religion for our problems... religion is not even the problem.. The problem is that we have refused to take consistent action in solving our problems. We just sit in one place and look for something to blame, then fold our arms and do nothing! We blame either the government, education sector, religion etc... We blame and keep blaming.. What are we doing individually to solve these problems in the little way we can? Answer is usually nothing!
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by systemz(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2016
Heterodox:
Who church don epp?
None

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:22am On May 15, 2016
Love Machine:
These are the breakdowns.
Some people go to church for miracles
Some go to church to get jobs.
Some go to church to look for husbands.Esp,the ladies.
Some go to church to look for girlfriends.Esp the guyz.
Some go to church to charge their phones.
Some go to church if they buy a new cloth.
Some go to church to get freebies.Esp the widows and less privileged.
Some go to church to while away time.

Darling....if this was an exam...an Fplus would be smacking you in the face right now! cheesy shocked
To "why do YOU go to church"? One is supposed to answer, read others' replies, get outraged, get inspired, become indignant, etc......definitely not pontificate like you just did!
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Shafiiimran99: 9:23am On May 15, 2016
CHRISTIAN ARE NOTHING BUT ANTICHRIST How many today xtian obey Jesus commandment that in Mathew 6:5-8 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. y Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, z go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. aAnd your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as bthe Gentiles do, for c they think that they will be heard dfor their many words. 8 Do not be like them, e for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by brodalikeme(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2016
StillBrandnew:
Here is something to think about.

Have you ever sat down and thought to yourself why you spend time worshipping and praying to God on Sundays.

To be completely honest, most people don't even know why they go to church. For some, it's just to fulfil all righteousness while for others, they see it as a way to genuinely connect and communicate to God.

While I on my own part see church services as a form of social gathering where we dance and sing more like in a party celebration. Depending on the kind of church you go to, you will always get some kind of vibe that's similar to going to a party, a lecture or even a seminar.

The issue I'm having now is that depending on the various reasons we all go to church, there's one particular thing we spend a lot of time doing which is "PRAYERS".

This is where I have a problem and I strongly believe our problems as Nigerians and African as a whole lies there.

We want God to do so much for us that we forget to use our brains to solve the numerous problems plaguing us day by day.

White people spend so much time doing research that ends up as invention that solves their personal problems and that of millions of other people and these innovations keep coming up day by day while we waste productive hours in church praying to God who already has a long list of prayer requests.

I think it's about time to set our priorities straight and start using what God has already given us to solve our problems.

Have a nice day and enjoy your time worshipping a true and living God. Not your pastor.
Op. Na WA for you Ooo.
First of all, The bible commands us to gather in the house of God for worship. In church we don't just sing and dance. We fellowship one with another, we sharpen one another. It's a time of spiritual upliftment. For you to see it as a social gathering and get the same feeling you get from parties is because you are distracted and not focused on yr God. Leave you house with the mindset of connecting with God not seeing friends or other things.
Prayer doesn't stop you from doing research and research doesn't stop you from praying. Most of the early researcher we men/women of prayer. People who pray fervently make very little errors. Prayer is seeking guidance and direction from God. You having issues with prayer is a very dangerous sign. A sign of a broken relationship with God. Sorry O, any one who doesn't pray has become Godless. Go back to Him in prayer, no pressure, just talk to Him
Am happy with your statement about going to church to meet with God and not your pastor sha. Pastors are just signpost pointing people to God.
Christianity is not pressure. In fact when you begin to feel pressure in Christ then something is wrong. God bless you and reveal more of Himself to you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Codyt(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2016
level10:
TO LOOK AT THE BUILDING

THE CONSTRUCTION WORK HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 13YEARS

SO I JST GO THERE ONCE IN A WHILE TO SEE HOWFAR THE HAVE GONE

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin for real Bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by computerboy: 9:32am On May 15, 2016
mmsen:

How do you pray well in church with all the loud praying, shouting and jumping around?

And how does going to church allow you read the Bible any better when it's one man stood in front of an audience dictating how a verse should be interpreted?

And which prophetic declarations? TB Joshua's? Didn't his building kill members of his own church? How did he fail to predict such an event and save their lives?

My church don't jump around while praying

That "one man" is gifted spiritually to help us understand the Bible better

Good doesn't reveal everything because some things must happen for a reason besides I said real men of God. I personally don't believe in TB Joshua

P.S...I said atheists should not quote me angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by KevMitnick: 9:34am On May 15, 2016
Aspireahead:
ask me why I stopped going to church..
1. most pastors are liars, they preach what suits them.
2. I began to judge them. when ever u am sitting in the judge and the pastor is preaching... i Will like..ah, ah, ah..pastor don lie again. and I hated it.
3. Most Christians are hypocrite, only second to some Muslims and followed by APC supporters (take the APC part as applicable to you if you are a PDP fan).
4.Churches exalt prosperity above Christianity, except Deeper life.
5. I discovered life is to short to waste every Sunday morning listening to someone read a book I can read myself.

they are more reasons.....and..let me not forget this one
6. I no longer live with my parents.

I got unplugged.. (watch matrix)
I see you, Mr Anderson.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 15, 2016
Aspireahead:
ask me why I stopped going to church..
1. most pastors are liars, they preach what suits them.
2. I began to judge them. when ever u am sitting in the judge and the pastor is preaching... i Will like..ah, ah, ah..pastor don lie again. and I hated it.
3. Most Christians are hypocrite, only second to some Muslims and followed by APC supporters (take the APC part as applicable to you if you are a PDP fan).
4.Churches exalt prosperity above Christianity, except Deeper life.
5. I discovered life is to short to waste every Sunday morning listening to someone read a book I can read myself.

they are more reasons.....and..let me not forget this one
6. I no longer live with my parents.

I got unplugged.. (watch matrix)
i stay with my parents buh i don't go to church

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by ZAMANI123(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
that is foolish thought bro. you hv Monday to Saturday, to do what so ever u want, just check the hours. only 3 or 4 hour u can't give it to the one who made u, the one who give you life, just on Sunday. Please stop decivin ur self
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by 1kinggy(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2016
We are admonished in the Bible not to neglect the gathering of believers.

But I'd like to add, not at meetings are worth the attendance.
(For perspective, I'm a Christian and a worker in my local assembly.)
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by iamfbanj(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2016
dy always frce me to go.. nd i always make sure we re late.... i b gud boy oo tongue
Re: Why Do You Really Go To Church? by kapai(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2016
TO honour his name and majesty with thanksgiving.

To get refresh with his word n promises.

To make my supplication known to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? / I Shall Be Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Henceforth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.